San Carlos, Sonora, Mexico Forums Home 

San Carlos Mexico Forum
Welcome to our forum. In order to post in our forums you must be registered. Please take a minute to register to enjoy the full benefits of the forum. Registration is FREE and your information is kept private. When registering, please make sure your email address is entered correctly-if incorrect, you will not receive your validation message. Please do not use your email address as your user name for your own privacy and security. Gmail account users should check spam or trash folders for our validation message after initial registration. We also suggest you add host@sancarlosmexico.com to your white list.

This message board requires you to register in order to post new topics, reply to topics started by other users, start polls, or vote on polls. As a registered user, you can edit your own posts, upload photos and view our photo gallery, and send private messages to other members of the board. Registered users can keep track of the topics they are interested in, and receive e-mail notifications when someone posts to one of those topics. Registered users can choose a theme and setup a profile, to include hometown, email & web address and avatar if desired.
We do ask that you post in the appropriate forum-look over the subjects and topics of all forums including the mercado section before making your first post. Posts in the wrong forum or not related to San Carlos may be moved or deleted without notice.
Please take a moment and register to enjoy all the benefits of the forum.
Bienvenidos!

Moderated by: bartmanaz Page:    1  2  3  4  5  6  ...  Next Page Last Page  
New Topic Reply Printer Friendly
Guaymas back to orange  Rate Topic 
AuthorPost
 Posted: Tue Jul 13th, 2021 08:44 pm
  PM Quote Reply
1st Post
DocD

Mana: 
 Guaymas returns to Orange  
On the Covid traffic light.

https://www.radarsonora.com/restaurantes-antros-bares-y-cantinas-en-guaymas-trabajaran-con-un-30-de-aforo/

A reminder, The virus variant now spreading rapidly around the world is Delta. Delta spreads 225 % faster than the original!!!! This is what devastated India.

"The Delta Variant Isn't Just Hyper-Contagious. It Also Grows More Rapidly Inside You"

"After months of data collection, scientists agree: The delta variant is the most contagious version of the coronavirus worldwide. It spreads about 225% faster than the original version of the virus, and it's currently dominating the outbreak in the United States. A new study, published online Wed... "

https://www.npr.org/sections/goatsandsoda/2021/07/08/1013794996/why-the-delta-variant-is-so-contagious-a-new-study-sheds-light

Regarding Vaccines.. There are many cases of breakthrough infections.

There have been multiple studies regarding the vaccine's efficacy against the Delta variant.
Israel showed 64%.
Britain was 88%
Scotland 79%
So... nothing is certain yet  concerning efficacies against Delta.

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/07/06/science/Israel-Pfizer-covid-vaccine.html

The pandemic is not over. Even though many people and some businesses are acting like it is.

BE SMART...STAY SAFE

Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

Posted: Tue Jul 13th, 2021 09:23 pm
  PM Quote Reply
2nd Post
frankiej

Mana: 
Guaymas bars and restaurants are reportedly operating at 30% capacity.

Restaurantes, antros, bares y cantinas en Guaymas trabajarán con un 30% de aforo | Radar Sonora

here in San Carlos which only 5 years ago looked like a ghost town in the summer, is very active during the week days and PACKED on the weekends!

i found out yesterday several individuals i know here in San Carlos are bed ridden with covid.

so it is here, so i totally agree with DocD! 

Posted: Thu Jul 15th, 2021 02:52 am
  PM Quote Reply
3rd Post
TrueBlue

Mana: 
I'm posting this story just so people don't get a false sense of security from being vaccinated.

A friend is a nurse who worked in the COVID ward for months and never caught it. Was vaccinated with Pfizer in January. He plays on a team in a billiards league.

His partner was vaccinated with the single shot Johnson & Johnson vaccine in April.

California essentially fully opened back up June 15. That same evening, the nurse's billiards team decided to meet at a bar to see each other and practice. Nobody in the bar was wearing masks. Three days later he came down with COVID symptoms, loss of taste and smell, exhaustion, but not too many other symptoms. It was confirmed as COVID through testing and it was also sequenced (due to being a nurse in a hospital) as the Delta variant. With the exception of the loss of taste and smell, he was mostly fine after 3 days. His taste and smell was completely gone for two weeks, but is slowly coming back. He is certain he caught it in the bar, and he has not worked in the COVID ward since about March.

His partner (who did not go to the bar, but likely caught it from the nurse) came down with it about 3 days after the nurse did, also confirmed COVID by testing (but not sequenced). He was not so lucky. His symptoms were rather severe, and he was hacking so bad and couldn't catch his breath one night at 3AM he went to the ER as he was concerned his oxygen levels were dropping and he obviously wanted to avoid getting to the point where he needed to go on a vent. His oxygen levels were somewhat low, but not low enough to admit. Here we are almost a month later and he still has a hacking cough (that's his only remaining symptom at this point), but the serious symptoms lasted for 2 weeks. Really bad fatigue, body aches, etc., like a bad flu. A 2 week bad flu.

So....vaccinated or not, be careful out there. The stories of Delta breakthrough infections are real.

Last edited on Thu Jul 15th, 2021 02:54 am by TrueBlue

Posted: Thu Jul 15th, 2021 03:17 pm
  PM Quote Reply
4th Post
long time resident

Mana: 
It is very sad that some feel they will wait until herd immunity, so will not bother to get vaccinated. Others feel that it is a lie, and will not wear masks (due to their rights). Well, I am glad everyone has rights, so not to bother wearing a mask, nor practice safe distance. But tell that to the person who's child gets ill, and has lasting issues due to exposure to this virus, because others feel they do not have to wear a mask, and can go where ever , whenever, and socialize, when this is spreading.....Can't fix stupid.

Posted: Fri Jul 16th, 2021 01:43 pm
  PM Quote Reply
5th Post
johnmoore

Mana: 
San Carlos restaurants and bars have seemed to make rapid adjustments to the "orange" status....as the capacity of these establishments been noticeably lessened...we'll see how it goes this weekend.

Posted: Fri Jul 16th, 2021 09:19 pm
  PM Quote Reply
6th Post
lipberry

Mana: 
Thank you all for reminding us to stay cautious, maintain distances, wear a mask (especially when indoors) regardless of vaccine status, and pursue getting vaccinated as soon as feasible.

Posted: Sat Jul 17th, 2021 03:35 pm
  PM Quote Reply
7th Post
frankiej

Mana: 
IMHO, the pandemic will be here for a long time! we live in a global community, that said if we can't control things at home or with our closest neighbors, it will continue to spread and STRENGTHEN as it does !

many have adhered to the scientific advice and have been vaccinated, knowing FULL WELL the current vaccines only have provisional status and that there is a VERY SMALL risk of complications. these small risks out way serious illness, long term complications and death!

many have respected the advised and asked for protocols, wearing masks, social distancing, washing hands. most of US vaccinated still practice these protocols with out the feeling of having our rights being taken away from us. our COMFORT ZONE of enjoying the new normal has expanded.

COVID 19 is now spreading through the un-vaccinated. 

why? people have lost their consideration for others, primarily because there are NO repercussions for being "STUPID"! they are who are prolonging us from returning to normal.

so to those who don't wear masks and use social distancing in public places or WEAR THEIR MASK BELOW THEIR NOSE OR CHIN, YOU ARE THE PROBLEM!

Posted: Sun Jul 18th, 2021 01:37 pm
  PM Quote Reply
8th Post
repsilon

Mana: 
Thank you Dr. Frank!

Posted: Sun Jul 18th, 2021 02:04 pm
  PM Quote Reply
9th Post
frankiej

Mana: 

Bryan, IMHO means "in my HUMBLE opinion". i know you know people who have been seriously ill and have died from covid-19 in our community. 
i choose to make posts only wanting to help keep our community safe?

you don't need to be a Dr. to keep yourself informed! the facts are out there on the main stream media for all.

most of the full timers are concerned of the way San Carlos has become very active during the week and packed during the weekends.

Es la pandemia de los no vacunados: Salud Sonora - Opinión Sonora

CDC COVID Data Tracker

Doctor sounds alarm on low vaccination rates: 'It’s not a debate. It’s science.' [Video]

Nurses want CDC to reinstate universal masking: 'The pandemic is not over'

'Pandemic Of The Unvaccinated': Florida Tallies 20% Of Soaring New COVID-19 Cases In U.S.

Last edited on Sun Jul 18th, 2021 03:17 pm by frankiej

Posted: Sun Jul 18th, 2021 09:56 pm
  PM Quote Reply
10th Post
BCato

Mana: 
What about the facts on the UNmain media? By the way, what is the main stream media?

Posted: Mon Jul 19th, 2021 02:38 am
  PM Quote Reply
11th Post
TrueBlue

Mana: 
Add one more acquaintance to the breakthrough infection list.

She's employed cleaning operating rooms at a local hospital (a different hospital than my nurse friend, she doesn't know him). Six people, all vaccinated, on her shift have now tested positive. As of yesterday, when she had just received the positive test confirmation, she had no symptoms. I have not spoken to her today.

Posted: Mon Jul 19th, 2021 03:41 am
  PM Quote Reply
12th Post
repsilon

Mana: 
One thing for sure is that if the current trend remains of positive case counts more than doubling weekly, I would expect full lockdowns to return in the next week or two. Not to be an alarmist, or argue whether it's the right call. I'm sure that conditions could be completely different in your area, I'm just saying that you might want to stock up in the next few days.

Posted: Mon Jul 19th, 2021 05:27 am
  PM Quote Reply
13th Post
Jimmy

Mana: 
TrueBlue wrote: Add one more acquaintance to the breakthrough infection list.

She's employed cleaning operating rooms at a local hospital (a different hospital than my nurse friend, she doesn't know him). Six people, all vaccinated, on her shift have now tested positive. As of yesterday, when she had just received the positive test confirmation, she had no symptoms. I have not spoken to her today.

6 vaccinated people got the coof??? So, what is the vaccine supposed to do??

Posted: Mon Jul 19th, 2021 12:06 pm
  PM Quote Reply
14th Post
TrueBlue

Mana: 
Jimmy wrote: 6 vaccinated people got the coof??? So, what is the vaccine supposed to do??It will keep you from dying or being hospitalized from a variant which is multiple times more contagious and robust than other strains.

Posted: Mon Jul 19th, 2021 01:00 pm
  PM Quote Reply
15th Post
Jimmy

Mana: 
TrueBlue wrote: Jimmy wrote: 6 vaccinated people got the coof??? So, what is the vaccine supposed to do??It will keep you from dying or being hospitalized from a variant which is multiple times more contagious and robust than other strains.

I remember back when we used to have the regular flu [I guess Covid eliminated it], I would take my yearly flu shot. I still got the flu on occasion. Do you think that we will need to get yearly coof shots?

Posted: Mon Jul 19th, 2021 07:28 pm
  PM Quote Reply
16th Post
Bullshipper

Mana: 
Some experts are now saying that even if 80% of the folks are vaccinated that alone will not give us herd immunity.

The Moderna and Pfizer brands are about 95% efective against the old covid, around 90% effective against Delta, and the suspect that immunity will be lower than that with the S African Lamba variant.They also say we have 10x more antibodies that remain in us compared to the Sinovac which may require a booster this spring.

So they say that the vaccine + other antibodies created by new infections need to combine to give herd immunity.

The question in my mind is what is the new plan?
Do we get vaccinated and go out to get infected now to get different antibodies on a continuous exposere?
Or get vaccinated, revaccinate with Pfizer 2.0 designed for Delta, and lock down to gain more knowledge but draw out our isolation
The US, and Europe thave the resources and vaccines, while poorer places like Africa will continue to be breeding grounds anyways.
And it seems like there are enough dummies in our country that we will also breed more variants here while they swamp the hospitals and morgues in the meantime.

So I am not sure if its worth isolating after being vaccinated.

You?

Posted: Mon Jul 19th, 2021 11:30 pm
  PM Quote Reply
17th Post
Jimmy

Mana: 
Does anyone know if the US FDA has approved any of the jabs yet?? Last I heard they had not. But, I haven't heard anything for a couple of weeks..

Posted: Tue Jul 20th, 2021 12:12 am
  PM Quote Reply
18th Post
Benito_Villa

Mana: 
Yes, the FDA authorized Pfizer-BioNTech and Moderna vaccines in December of last year and Johnson and Johnson in February of this year. To date there have been over 3.8 million doses given in the USA and over 3.66 billion worldwide.

Sadly, the USA is about 50% vaccinated and Mexico is about 20%.

I feel we are all along for a long and for some a very difficult ride. Ours personally will be much better than many, even if we must quarantine again, as we are fully vaccinated and will have access to any boosters if developed & recommended. Not to mention that we can buy and store food and supplies with ease and do not have to go to work or even leave the house for the most part. There are many less fortunate that do not have access to the vaccines, ability to quarantine safely and must continue their daily activities to support themselves and their family even in such a scary situation for them.

I read Canada is going to open it's border to foreigners that can show they are fully vaccinated in August. Do you think America is going to follow suit in a few days when it is time to change or renew their current "No Non Essential" travel restriction policy?

Posted: Tue Jul 20th, 2021 01:56 am
  PM Quote Reply
19th Post
TrueBlue

Mana: 
To clarify, the current FDA authorization is an *emergency* authorization, not a regular authorization. Once it's progressed past emergency authorization, then you will likely see the military mandate vaccinations and there will be more legal juice behind other government agencies, educational facilities and private employers mandating them as well. Probably a few months off.

Posted: Tue Jul 20th, 2021 02:49 am
  PM Quote Reply
20th Post
frankiej

Mana: 
here is the skinny from the FDA.

Emergency Use Authorization for Vaccines Explained | FDA

Current time is 05:42 pm Page:    1  2  3  4  5  6  ...  Next Page Last Page    
San Carlos, Sonora, Mexico Forums > Topical Forums > San Carlos Forum > Guaymas back to orange Top

UltraBB 1.172 Copyright © 2007-2014 Data 1 Systems