San Carlos, Sonora, Mexico Forums Home 

San Carlos Mexico Forum
Welcome to our forum. In order to post in our forums you must be registered. Please take a minute to register to enjoy the full benefits of the forum. Registration is FREE and your information is kept private. When registering, please make sure your email address is entered correctly-if incorrect, you will not receive your validation message. Please do not use your email address as your user name for your own privacy and security. Gmail account users should check spam or trash folders for our validation message after initial registration. We also suggest you add host@sancarlosmexico.com to your white list.

This message board requires you to register in order to post new topics, reply to topics started by other users, start polls, or vote on polls. As a registered user, you can edit your own posts, upload photos and view our photo gallery, and send private messages to other members of the board. Registered users can keep track of the topics they are interested in, and receive e-mail notifications when someone posts to one of those topics. Registered users can choose a theme and setup a profile, to include hometown, email & web address and avatar if desired.
We do ask that you post in the appropriate forum-look over the subjects and topics of all forums including the mercado section before making your first post. Posts in the wrong forum or not related to San Carlos may be moved or deleted without notice.
Please take a moment and register to enjoy all the benefits of the forum.
Bienvenidos!

Moderated by: bartmanaz Page:    1  2  Next Page Last Page  
New Topic Reply Printer Friendly
Water 12-18-20  Rating:  Rating
AuthorPost
 Posted: Sat Dec 19th, 2020 03:53 am
  PM Quote Reply
1st Post
frankiej

Mana: 
here on the far northwest end, we haven't received water for 3 days. i heard 2nd hand that on facebook, water isn't coming because AGAIN CEA hasn't paid their electric bill. also that the employees of CEA did not receive their Christmas bonus!

Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

Posted: Sat Dec 19th, 2020 11:46 am
  PM Quote Reply
2nd Post
MARIGOT

Mana: 
And I heard it is the normal shut down they do every December to test/measure or whatever with the wells.

Last edited on Sat Dec 19th, 2020 11:46 am by MARIGOT

Posted: Sat Dec 19th, 2020 02:29 pm
  PM Quote Reply
3rd Post
frankiej

Mana: 
the water started flowing at about 5:00 am this morning.

Posted: Sat Dec 19th, 2020 02:33 pm
  PM Quote Reply
4th Post
Bullshipper

Mana: 
Its been very cold early and the operators are human.

Posted: Sat Dec 19th, 2020 04:19 pm
  PM Quote Reply
5th Post
frankiej

Mana: 
at 10:00 am i checked the water, it is off again, my tanks where full, we bathed and i am doing my washing. my cisterns will allow for normal use for 3 days! hopefully the water will return this evening or tomorrow!
be conservative!

Last edited on Sat Dec 19th, 2020 04:20 pm by frankiej

Posted: Sat Dec 19th, 2020 05:48 pm
  PM Quote Reply
6th Post
Kiwi

Mana: 
 I can attest to the water company not paying their electric bill. for three days in November I tried to pay my bill and they had no electricity to run the machine or in my case I wanted to pay upfront and they could not run my credit card and they said they were using a portable generator and it was not running correctly so no way to pay Jose.  We're going to have to learn to take it all in stride I guess because they never change. 

Posted: Sun Dec 20th, 2020 02:36 am
  PM Quote Reply
7th Post
frankiej

Mana: 
good news. it appears we are back on our rationing schedule! 
the water started coming in at about 8:00 pm. it will probably remain flowing until about 9:30/10:00 am tomorrow!
that works for me!

Posted: Sun Dec 20th, 2020 04:15 pm
  PM Quote Reply
8th Post
Kiwi

Mana: 
Frankie: Why are they still rationing?  Aren't the new wells up and running and isn't the new pipe line in?

Posted: Sun Dec 20th, 2020 05:06 pm
  PM Quote Reply
9th Post
frankiej

Mana: 
the new wells are on line, as for my understanding!
IMHO, that is merely a bandage for a severed artery!

there are dozens and dozens of homes being built all over greater San Carlos. from 2018 to the end of 2021 there will be hundreds going on line for water consumption!

years ago there was more demand than supply, that has not changed and will only become worse!

i have attended every water seminar provided by one of our own concerned residents! IMHO he is far more versed in our water situation than most if not all the alleged professionals at CEA.

the desalination plant started over 4 years ago to SUPPLEMENT Guaymas and Emplames water needs, has been halted.

the aquifer our wells draw from is being compromised by salt water intrusion. 
rain fall in the past years has dwindled, we are drawing far more than could possibly be recharged , even in good rain fall years. 

agriculture concerns have expanded massively over the heart of the aquifer! 

a year or more back, there was a rush on placing bigger and larger cisterns. everyone was on the band wagon. you would see delivery trucks daily delivering the new larger cisterns. 
that is a short fix for a long term problem.

what is the solution?

Last edited on Mon Dec 21st, 2020 01:54 am by frankiej

Posted: Tue Dec 22nd, 2020 12:56 am
  PM Quote Reply
10th Post
Bullshipper

Mana: 
When they test wells for aquifer levels, they are shut off for a while, lessing the supply to our area.

Combine that with pumps that are all not operating because of maintenance issues.

And if pumps are on all day, it costs the CEA more to operate as their pipes leak more if they are under pressure all day.

And customers are notorious for not paying their water bills on time. So, the light company shuts down power  and water to everyone as a consequence.

Last edited on Tue Dec 22nd, 2020 12:58 am by Bullshipper

Posted: Tue Dec 22nd, 2020 01:17 am
  PM Quote Reply
11th Post
RichD

Mana: 
Why did they shut down the desal plant? I know that this water was never meant for San Carlos anyway, just curious.

Posted: Tue Dec 22nd, 2020 02:59 am
  PM Quote Reply
12th Post
frankiej

Mana: 
RichD wrote: Why did they shut down the desal plant? I know that this water was never meant for San Carlos anyway, just curious.IMHO, probably not enough tits for ALL wanting to suckle on the proceeds used and needed to get the plant operational! 

Posted: Tue Dec 22nd, 2020 01:55 pm
  PM Quote Reply
13th Post
frankiej

Mana: 
7:45 am Tuesday morning, NO water has been arriving since it was shut off Sunday morning.
my water bill came 200 pesos more than normal, i had company and even had to order a "pipa" to meet my needs as the water was not flowing.
i would venture to say almost everyone here has been in my shoes one time or another!
CEA is a perpetual DEBACLE, my Mexican friends and neighbors refer to them as a "mafia"!

Bullshipper mentioned the customers who don't pay on time. HUH! there are thousands who do pay on time. that far out ways they few who don't.

the problem is mismanagement from the top down! controlled by a 'sindicato" union and headed by unqualified APPOINTEES! 

pues aqui estamos en Mexico, es como es!

Last edited on Tue Dec 22nd, 2020 09:10 pm by frankiej

Posted: Tue Dec 22nd, 2020 07:15 pm
  PM Quote Reply
14th Post
Bullshipper

Mana: 
The Cea employees were blocking the south bound highway into town this morning to protest the fact that they still have not received their Xmas bonus (alguinaldos) that by law are over a week overdue.

Posted: Tue Dec 22nd, 2020 09:12 pm
  PM Quote Reply
15th Post
frankiej

Mana: 
i paid my water bills today, there was only one person in the office.

Posted: Wed Dec 23rd, 2020 12:26 am
  PM Quote Reply
16th Post
Bullshipper

Mana: 
They were out in mas protesting not being paid.

Posted: Wed Dec 23rd, 2020 12:36 am
  PM Quote Reply
17th Post
IronMan

Mana: 
You know the saying...

Posted: Thu Dec 24th, 2020 12:10 am
  PM Quote Reply
18th Post
Hook

Mana: 
Here in the NE area of the Ranchitos, I keep waiting for a day when water DOESN'T come in, so I can empty my above-ground tinaco into my below-ground cisterna, and "refresh" the water in my above-ground tinaco. It's been in there for six months.

I've given up, and have shut the valve allowing muni water into my system.

No algae at all, though it sits in direct sun all day, which is a testament to how much chlorine CEA adds to the muni water.

Anyway, I seem to be getting water every day I have checked for the last week......at least.

Your mileage may vary in Puesta del East Jesus..........

Last edited on Thu Dec 24th, 2020 12:12 am by Hook

Posted: Thu Dec 24th, 2020 02:22 am
  PM Quote Reply
19th Post
frankiej

Mana: 
water came in after  6:00 pm yesterday, was cut off around 9:00 am this morning. it has not returned as of 8:00 pm tonight.
there is no RHYTHM to their schedule! 

Posted: Thu Dec 24th, 2020 03:24 am
  PM Quote Reply
20th Post
frankiej

Mana: 
Hook wrote:Your mileage may vary in Puesta del East Jesus..........what does this mean?

i use Puesta del Sol as a reference point, as we are literally at the end of the line, north west of town.

Current time is 08:50 am Page:    1  2  Next Page Last Page    
San Carlos, Sonora, Mexico Forums > Topical Forums > San Carlos Forum > Water 12-18-20 Top

UltraBB 1.172 Copyright © 2007-2014 Data 1 Systems