San Carlos, Sonora, Mexico Forums Home 

San Carlos Mexico Forum
Welcome to our forum. In order to post in our forums you must be registered. Please take a minute to register to enjoy the full benefits of the forum. Registration is FREE and your information is kept private. When registering, please make sure your email address is entered correctly-if incorrect, you will not receive your validation message. Please do not use your email address as your user name for your own privacy and security. Gmail account users should check spam or trash folders for our validation message after initial registration. We also suggest you add host@sancarlosmexico.com to your white list.

This message board requires you to register in order to post new topics, reply to topics started by other users, start polls, or vote on polls. As a registered user, you can edit your own posts, upload photos and view our photo gallery, and send private messages to other members of the board. Registered users can keep track of the topics they are interested in, and receive e-mail notifications when someone posts to one of those topics. Registered users can choose a theme and setup a profile, to include hometown, email & web address and avatar if desired.
We do ask that you post in the appropriate forum-look over the subjects and topics of all forums including the mercado section before making your first post. Posts in the wrong forum or not related to San Carlos may be moved or deleted without notice.
Please take a moment and register to enjoy all the benefits of the forum.
Bienvenidos!

 Moderated by: bartmanaz Page:  First Page Previous Page  1  2   
New Topic Reply Printer Friendly
Water 12-18-20  Rating:  Rating
AuthorPost
 Posted: Thu Dec 24th, 2020 03:41 am
  PM Quote Reply
21st Post
Hook
Member
 

Joined: Wed Oct 26th, 2005
Location: Mexico
Posts: 3958
Status: 
Offline
Mana: 
It means yur WAAAAAAY out there!!

Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

 Posted: Thu Dec 24th, 2020 05:55 pm
  PM Quote Reply
22nd Post
Xicotencatl
Member


Joined: Fri Apr 29th, 2011
Location: Mexico City, Mexico
Posts: 191
Status: 
Offline
Mana: 
It was mentioned before and I will repeat again, the three new wells that now supplies San Carlos were put in operation last summer,except extraordinary circumstances , an added flow of approx 200 lts/sec (and actual flow values are higher...) is now supplying SC under a 24/7 basis.

The only portion still not on a 24/7 schedule is all algodones area...inquire your urban developer why.

Soon new sectors of Guaymas will also be supplied 24/7 . The desalination plant under construction was never thought to supply San Carlos, as this community gets its supply from now 6 wells in operation, north east of our location.

San Carlos has enough water supply for long term development now.

Back To Top PM Quote Reply

 Posted: Thu Dec 24th, 2020 06:47 pm
  PM Quote Reply
23rd Post
frankiej
Member


Joined: Sun Jul 6th, 2014
Location: San Carlos, Mexico
Posts: 1520
Status: 
Offline
Mana: 
Xicotencatl wrote:
The only portion still not on a 24/7 schedule is all algodones area...inquire your urban developer why.

 The desalination plant under construction was never thought to supply San Carlos, as this community gets its supply from now 6 wells in operation, north east of our location.

San Carlos has enough water supply for long term development now.
Salvador, the developer in algodones draws from the same main water line that CEA provides for San Carlos. CEA has to provide and connect the water & meters! are they creating more demand then there is supply "YES"!


Residents in the country clubs and sections in Creaston are not getting water 24/7 either!



 i mentioned in post #9 "the desalination plant started over 4 years ago to SUPPLEMENT Guaymas and Emplames water needs, has been halted" !!


many have posted and pasted graphs, showing our future water problems. 


the 3 wells you to refer to are not NEW wells, CEA is leasing 3 existing wells, in the same aquifer as the others! those 3 wells are new additions to the existing system!


boasting we have water "24/7 and San Carlos has enough water supply for long term development", is an exaggeration if not delusional!


 the aquifer is acquiring salt water intrusion because of the imbalance of the draw and recharge! there may be water, BUT potable water is what's needed!


in the last few years agriculture development has exploded 10 fold in the heart of the aquifer!


i invite anyone to drive out past the toll both and tell me different!

see what's happening in the Ortiz valley aquifer;
drive down the road to Ortiz, all the farm land that was productive farm land from the hiway until you get to la Atravesada is returning to desert, BECAUSE OF SALT WATER INTRUSION! now the only productive use of that land is SOLAR PANELS for the solar power plant!

please read these professional and scientific articles i have attached, in Spanish & English!
(PDF) Saline intrusion in Guaymas Valley, Mexico from time-domain electromagnetic soundings

martinez-retama.indd


that is the reality!

Attached Image (viewed 811 times):

20201224_155535.jpg

Last edited on Sat Dec 26th, 2020 06:39 pm by frankiej

Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

 Posted: Sat Dec 26th, 2020 08:28 pm
  PM Quote Reply
24th Post
Hook
Member
 

Joined: Wed Oct 26th, 2005
Location: Mexico
Posts: 3958
Status: 
Offline
Mana: 
I have checked my incoming water, twice a day, for the last 10 days I have not seen an instance where the water has not been coming in. Well, it WOULD be coming in if my float valve would let it.


This might be the first time I can remember this condition in the 13 years I've lived here.

Last edited on Sat Dec 26th, 2020 08:29 pm by Hook

Back To Top PM Quote Reply

 Posted: Sun Dec 27th, 2020 12:57 am
  PM Quote Reply
25th Post
frankiej
Member


Joined: Sun Jul 6th, 2014
Location: San Carlos, Mexico
Posts: 1520
Status: 
Offline
Mana: 
Hook, if my memory serves me, a few years back a holding tank reservoir was build in Ranchitos near the electrical substation.


this would account for you receiving water on a more regular basis.


i am happy you are getting water!


my concern is when we are ALL getting water, the instability discussed in the "scientific revue" will be greater on the aquifer! 
i hope all have had a chance to read it!





Last edited on Sun Dec 27th, 2020 02:50 am by frankiej

Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

 Posted: Sun Dec 27th, 2020 01:27 am
  PM Quote Reply
26th Post
Wy Ynot
Member
 

Joined: Thu Oct 27th, 2005
Location: Gillette, Wyoming USA
Posts: 551
Status: 
Offline
Mana: 
Frankie, we live in Ranchitos somewhere near a long block South of Hook. We did in fact have that big new tank and water storage put in a couple years ago. We were told we would have more than enough water every day. We do well to have water twice a week and those days are not consistent. Our next door neighbor has less. We have friends a block North of Hook and nearer the new tank with few and unknown days of water available. So to us at least, not much has changed in the past 10 years or more. With all the new construction, hotels and condos and even "suburbs" being built, I find it tough to think there is enough water. I would guess that a fair percentage of total water runs down different streets and roads on different days. Not complaining as we've learned to live with what we have, just voicing opinions. Ron

Back To Top PM Quote Reply

 Posted: Sun Dec 27th, 2020 03:13 am
  PM Quote Reply
27th Post
frankiej
Member


Joined: Sun Jul 6th, 2014
Location: San Carlos, Mexico
Posts: 1520
Status: 
Offline
Mana: 
those of us who where here to witness the after affects of "hurricane Jimena", remember quite well ALL the exposed plumbing, in the Ranchitos. it looked like a "telerana", a PVC spider web with no rhyme or reason!


the fact is, SOMEONE originally spliced off the main line and everyone else spliced off of that splice!


i know this as fact: when i built my office, i connected to the main line. i applied and acquired permits to do so. the same thing with the electrical.
a few years later, i saw everyone connecting off the line i placed, that i installed at my expense, only calculating usage for my 2 lots!


it was evident, for all to see!


those who are connected directly to the main line, SEE water regularly! the majority are not connected directly as i explained above! 


this should explain why it may sound like a conundrum, what hook is stating!

Last edited on Sun Dec 27th, 2020 03:20 am by frankiej

Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

 Posted: Sun Dec 27th, 2020 07:13 pm
  PM Quote Reply
28th Post
Hook
Member
 

Joined: Wed Oct 26th, 2005
Location: Mexico
Posts: 3958
Status: 
Offline
Mana: 
frankiej wrote: Hook, if my memory serves me, a few years back a holding tank reservoir was build in Ranchitos near the electrical substation.


this would account for you receiving water on a more regular basis.








At the time it was installed, I was told it was for emergency purposes only. Like when there was a major interruption to the Ranchitos. Gravity feed down to the system.


Besides, that thing is so small, compared to the number of homes in the Ranchitos. I thought they would put a way bigger tank up there. The pad is certainly big enough.

Back To Top PM Quote Reply

 Posted: Sun Dec 27th, 2020 07:20 pm
  PM Quote Reply
29th Post
frankiej
Member


Joined: Sun Jul 6th, 2014
Location: San Carlos, Mexico
Posts: 1520
Status: 
Offline
Mana: 
Wy Ynot wrote: Frankie, we live in Ranchitos somewhere near a long block South of Hook. We did in fact have that big new tank and water storage put in a couple years ago. We were told we would have more than enough water every day. We do well to have water twice a week and those days are not consistent. Our next door neighbor has less. We have friends a block North of Hook and nearer the new tank with few and unknown days of water available. So to us at least, not much has changed in the past 10 years or more. With all the new construction, hotels and condos and even "suburbs" being built, I find it tough to think there is enough water. I would guess that a fair percentage of total water runs down different streets and roads on different days. Not complaining as we've learned to live with what we have, just voicing opinions. RonHook, it doesn't appear your neighbors are getting water regularly!


you may be one of the fortunate ones directly connected to the main line!


that obviously makes all the difference in the world!

Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

 Posted: Mon Dec 28th, 2020 03:07 pm
  PM Quote Reply
30th Post
frankiej
Member


Joined: Sun Jul 6th, 2014
Location: San Carlos, Mexico
Posts: 1520
Status: 
Offline
Mana: 
12/28/20 i have had water flowing for 5 days now.
as Hook, i check my tanks twice a day.



Back To Top PM Quote Reply

 Posted: Tue Dec 29th, 2020 01:48 pm
  PM Quote Reply
31st Post
frankiej
Member


Joined: Sun Jul 6th, 2014
Location: San Carlos, Mexico
Posts: 1520
Status: 
Offline
Mana: 
frankiej wrote: 12/28/20 i have had water flowing for 5 days now.
as Hook, i check my tanks twice a day.
shortly after writing this, the incoming water was shut off!
i am now starting day 2 without water delivery.
where i live we are directly connected to the main line. the main line traversing my subdivision of 41 lots has the same diameter main line, as what CEA provides.
all the incoming water is gravity fed from the Bahia down.

Last edited on Tue Dec 29th, 2020 01:49 pm by frankiej

Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

 Posted: Wed Mar 24th, 2021 09:26 pm
  PM Quote Reply
32nd Post
frankiej
Member


Joined: Sun Jul 6th, 2014
Location: San Carlos, Mexico
Posts: 1520
Status: 
Offline
Mana: 
frankiej wrote: Xicotencatl wrote:
The only portion still not on a 24/7 schedule is all algodones area...inquire your urban developer why.

 The desalination plant under construction was never thought to supply San Carlos, as this community gets its supply from now 6 wells in operation, north east of our location.

San Carlos has enough water supply for long term development now.
Salvador, the developer in algodones draws from the same main water line that CEA provides for San Carlos. CEA has to provide and connect the water & meters! are they creating more demand then there is supply "YES"!


Residents in the country clubs and sections in Creaston are not getting water 24/7 either!



 i mentioned in post #9 "the desalination plant started over 4 years ago to SUPPLEMENT Guaymas and Emplames water needs, has been halted" !!


many have posted and pasted graphs, showing our future water problems. 


the 3 wells you to refer to are not NEW wells, CEA is leasing 3 existing wells, in the same aquifer as the others! those 3 wells are new additions to the existing system!


boasting we have water "24/7 and San Carlos has enough water supply for long term development", is an exaggeration if not delusional!


 the aquifer is acquiring salt water intrusion because of the imbalance of the draw and recharge! there may be water, BUT potable water is what's needed!


in the last few years agriculture development has exploded 10 fold in the heart of the aquifer!


i invite anyone to drive out past the toll both and tell me different!

see what's happening in the Ortiz valley aquifer;
drive down the road to Ortiz, all the farm land that was productive farm land from the hiway until you get to la Atravesada is returning to desert, BECAUSE OF SALT WATER INTRUSION! now the only productive use of that land is SOLAR PANELS for the solar power plant!

please read these professional and scientific articles i have attached, in Spanish & English!
(PDF) Saline intrusion in Guaymas Valley, Mexico from time-domain electromagnetic soundings

martinez-retama.indd


that is the reality!

i wrote this Dec. 24th 2020, the water delivery is better than it was, but far from being dependable 24/7! 


the (PDF) was written 11/12 years ago 2006/7 , LOOK HOW MUCH GROWTH,"RESIDENTIAL, COMMERCIAL, AGRICULTURAL", WE HAVE HAD IN THOSE 11/12 YEARS!
DOUBLE? TRIPLE? QUADRUPLE?

Last edited on Wed Mar 24th, 2021 10:00 pm by frankiej

Back To Top PM Quote Reply

 Posted: Fri Mar 26th, 2021 05:46 pm
  PM Quote Reply
33rd Post
frankiej
Member


Joined: Sun Jul 6th, 2014
Location: San Carlos, Mexico
Posts: 1520
Status: 
Offline
Mana: 
i have built and developed here for 20 years, i have never used a "pipa" "water truck" for water. to so would be cost prohibitive. the average "pipa" can run from 800/1.500 pesos.
masonry construction is totally dependent on the daily use of water, the first thing competent contractors do is to tie into a reliable water source. we then have "tambos" "55 gallon drums" ready to be filled as we are never for sure there will be water coming into our source.


this was written on the "hospital san jose" thread, regarding water truck usage;
 "" When the town swells with tourists, the hotels and restaurants need water to handle more traffic""


why because there is more demand than consistent supply from the municipal water line. 

the majority of the hotels and restaurants have large holding tanks for water storage. many of these same hotels and restaurants use "pipas" for the consistent delivery of their daily and weekly water needs.


also there should be be no rhyme or reason you would be getting better water service if you are closer to the wells. we ALL pay the same rates for water on the public water system and if it were confidently administered water pressure should be the same, no matter where you are on the line.

"La Manga" which is off the electrical and water grid, but has several wells has 
"pipas' water delivery nearly daily.


again why, more demand than supply.




Last edited on Fri Mar 26th, 2021 06:15 pm by frankiej

Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

 Posted: Sat Mar 27th, 2021 02:19 pm
  PM Quote Reply
34th Post
IronMan
Member


Joined: Thu Oct 27th, 2005
Location: Rio Rico, Arizona USA
Posts: 3696
Status: 
Offline
Mana: 
Frankie,
Since I rely on you as liaison between Mexican culture and thinking vs American perception, is Xicotencatl a synonym for ostrich in Mexican culture? ;)

Back To Top PM Quote Reply

 Posted: Mon Jun 28th, 2021 05:16 pm
  PM Quote Reply
35th Post
frankiej
Member


Joined: Sun Jul 6th, 2014
Location: San Carlos, Mexico
Posts: 1520
Status: 
Offline
Mana: 
looks like the "desal" plant has been commissioned for operation. this is good news for Guaymas and Empalme.


Autorizan operaciĆ³n de la planta desaladora Guaymas-Empalme | OpiniĆ³n Sonora

Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

 Posted: Wed Jun 30th, 2021 11:18 pm
  PM Quote Reply
36th Post
Xicotencatl
Member


Joined: Fri Apr 29th, 2011
Location: Mexico City, Mexico
Posts: 191
Status: 
Offline
Mana: 
IronMan wrote: Frankie,
Since I rely on you as liaison between Mexican culture and thinking vs American perception, is Xicotencatl a synonym for ostrich in Mexican culture? ;)


XICOTENCATL has no synonyms, it means "the one who lives by the bee hives" in Nahuatl . BTW from Ironman synonyms list below although you sound like a cro  magnon you are closer to worth a cent.

Attached Image (viewed 88 times):

Screenshot_20210630-161358_Chrome.jpg

Back To Top PM Quote Reply

Current time is 08:34 am Page:  First Page Previous Page  1  2     
San Carlos, Sonora, Mexico Forums > Topical Forums > San Carlos Forum > Water 12-18-20 Top




UltraBB 1.172 Copyright © 2007-2014 Data 1 Systems