San Carlos, Sonora, Mexico Forums Home 
San Carlos, Sonora, Mexico Forums > Topical Forums > San Carlos Forum > Border closing to US visitors to Sonora

San Carlos Mexico Forum
Welcome to our forum. In order to post in our forums you must be registered. Please take a minute to register to enjoy the full benefits of the forum. Registration is FREE and your information is kept private. When registering, please make sure your email address is entered correctly-if incorrect, you will not receive your validation message. Please do not use your email address as your user name for your own privacy and security. Gmail account users should check spam or trash folders for our validation message after initial registration. We also suggest you add host@sancarlosmexico.com to your white list.

This message board requires you to register in order to post new topics, reply to topics started by other users, start polls, or vote on polls. As a registered user, you can edit your own posts, upload photos and view our photo gallery, and send private messages to other members of the board. Registered users can keep track of the topics they are interested in, and receive e-mail notifications when someone posts to one of those topics. Registered users can choose a theme and setup a profile, to include hometown, email & web address and avatar if desired.
We do ask that you post in the appropriate forum-look over the subjects and topics of all forums including the mercado section before making your first post. Posts in the wrong forum or not related to San Carlos may be moved or deleted without notice.
Please take a moment and register to enjoy all the benefits of the forum.
Bienvenidos!

Moderated by: bartmanaz Page:    1  2  3  4  5  Next Page Last Page  
New Topic Reply Printer Friendly
Border closing to US visitors to Sonora  Rating:  Rating
AuthorPost
 Posted: Wed Jul 1st, 2020 12:40 am
  PM Quote Reply
1st Post
Xicotencatl

Mana: 
Enrique Clausen announced few minutes ago a request the state of Sonora is making to the Mexican Federal Gov. to close the border entry from Arizona into the state in order to be able to control the high peak that is being suffered.

This closure will equate the US crossing to Mexicans that forbids non essential business and activities. Be aware of news to be released.

Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

Posted: Wed Jul 1st, 2020 02:51 am
  PM Quote Reply
2nd Post
Bullshipper

Mana: 
There are several pending lawsuits against the Sonoran Health department about their lack of treatment preperation. Sonora has the worst statistics in terms of available ICU beds, meaning 0%, and the Mexican national news has picked it up on their megaphones.

They want to make it sound like the people here are not doing their part, instead of fessing up to the lack of plan on their part, when Mexico had a lot of timeto get ready.

The Mayor of Hermosillo has gotten into shouting matches with health officials over this, so to me it looks like a lot of the rhetoric is designed to try to save their jobs.

So while AZ is showing the highest positivity rates (24%) of those tested in the states, politics are also coming into play.

I will be very surprised if this actually results in anything more than a few headlines. Sort of like the Mad Hare in Alice in Wonderland repeating I'm late, I'm late, so terribly late, at least in my opinion.

Posted: Wed Jul 1st, 2020 06:08 pm
  PM Quote Reply
3rd Post
long time resident

Mana: 
I noticed when the border (closed) people just kept coming and going, because they didn't care, or felt that they were not included in the closure. I hear people even got tourist visas, so what is the point? unless someone with power actually implements procedures to slow down the spread of this virus, it is only going to get much worse. The governor of Arizona still is in denial...not committing to requiring masks! Many Republican governors are trying to keep their president happy, by following his lead.

Posted: Wed Jul 1st, 2020 10:49 pm
  PM Quote Reply
4th Post
bartmanaz
Administrator

Mana: 
When you all turn this into a political discussion it stops and I stopped it. 
Cease and desist with your personal political bent. or else
Bart

Posted: Wed Jul 1st, 2020 11:38 pm
  PM Quote Reply
5th Post
Xicotencatl

Mana: 
UPDATE: Sonora Governor has agreed with the foreign affairs minister of Mexico to establish check points in all Sonora-Arizona entry points to stop non essential visitors into Sonora.

The target is the 4 of July holiday were it is expected a large number of visitors from the US and AZ in particular,that will make more difficult trying to control the CV19 in Sonora.

No specific date or time was disclosed to start this operation but can happen anytime between this afternoon towards July 4.

Posted: Thu Jul 2nd, 2020 03:47 am
  PM Quote Reply
6th Post
Bullshipper

Mana: 
They are saying that they are going to start this saturday

Posted: Thu Jul 2nd, 2020 04:30 am
  PM Quote Reply
7th Post
IronMan

Mana: 
Yes, because all of diseased gringos will wait until Saturday on the 3-day weekend to leave for the holiday weekend?

Posted: Thu Jul 2nd, 2020 04:55 am
  PM Quote Reply
8th Post
Bullshipper

Mana: 
We had a little over 220 reported cases reported today in Sonora. Small border populations (% wise per capita) in Mexico are struggling more with this from what I understand and there are no more beds available in Nogales or Guaymas. Hermosillo is at 90% occupancy.

Yesterday AZ had 4800 and California reported another 6500. Europe is doing the same, right?

https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/europe-open-travel-again-dont-162857332.html

Posted: Thu Jul 2nd, 2020 02:57 pm
  PM Quote Reply
9th Post
TrueBlue

Mana: 
AZ, with 7 million people, is reporting as many new cases per day as the European Union, with 446 million.

Posted: Thu Jul 2nd, 2020 04:34 pm
  PM Quote Reply
10th Post
johnmoore

Mana: 
The thread is addressing the border crossing, will be interesting to see if Sonora gets serious about restricting south bound entry.

Posted: Thu Jul 2nd, 2020 05:12 pm
  PM Quote Reply
11th Post
TrueBlue

Mana: 
I should have elaborated on my earlier post.

Based upon the figures coming out of both Arizona and Sonora....I honestly don't know where I'd feel safer. From a medical treatment standpoint, I'd probably rather be in Arizona. From a fear of getting COVID standpoint....I think I'd probably rather be in Sonora, especially San Carlos.

I also think that shutting down travel in both directions at the US/Mexico border is the right decision for both countries.  I suspect that overall the travelers from Arizona to Sonora are probably a bigger risk to Sonora than the travelers from Sonora to Arizona are to Arizona, but hard to say.

Last edited on Thu Jul 2nd, 2020 11:08 pm by TrueBlue

Posted: Thu Jul 2nd, 2020 06:02 pm
  PM Quote Reply
12th Post
Bullshipper

Mana: 
There is so much essential commercial traffic that I don't think that blocking the few tourists that are braving it will make much of a difference. 1 bad actor out of 20 people that are trying can keep the spreading out of control according to the doctors.

KM21 has been torn down, so if they want to stop and check people, it will have to be at the main gate and the aduana station 6 clicks past the Mariposa crossing, Mariposa is not a problem, but the main Nogales main gate cue line would be backed up to the freeway if they really stop to check everyone crossing there, so there are some logistical problems.

Posted: Thu Jul 2nd, 2020 06:39 pm
  PM Quote Reply
13th Post
StuAz

Mana: 

"KM21 has been torn down"

clarify please

Posted: Thu Jul 2nd, 2020 08:04 pm
  PM Quote Reply
14th Post
Benito_Villa

Mana: 
You should feel equally safe in either Arizona or here. It is the same precautions that will help keep you safe no matter where you are. The only difference is the depth of medical care that is available if needed.

Posted: Thu Jul 2nd, 2020 09:51 pm
  PM Quote Reply
15th Post
Bullshipper

Mana: 
Benito_Villa wrote: You should feel equally safe in either Arizona or here. It is the same precautions that will help keep you safe no matter where you are. The only difference is the depth of medical care that is available if needed.

I sure don't see it that way at all.

Az has to be one of the worst hot spots in the world right now. 

If you think you are as likely to get sick in Sonora where there are under 250 new cases a day compared to over 4500 in AZ, you are denying the facts. 

AZ is in big trouble right now and when the beds are full, a higher percentage are gonna die.

This is look in the mirror time. 

Posted: Thu Jul 2nd, 2020 09:54 pm
  PM Quote Reply
16th Post
Bullshipper

Mana: 
StuAz wrote:
"KM21 has been torn down"

clarify please

The inspection areas close to the road where they can also block the south bound traffic are torn down. Kinda tough for policemen to stand out side with no shade or light at night day after day. 

Posted: Thu Jul 2nd, 2020 10:43 pm
  PM Quote Reply
17th Post
bartmanaz
Administrator

Mana: 
But is it still the place to get tourist cards and car permits if needed?

Posted: Fri Jul 3rd, 2020 12:28 am
  PM Quote Reply
18th Post
longhornlucky

Mana: 
POST #15
If you think you are as likely to get sick in Sonora where there are under 250 new cases a day compared to over 4500 in AZ, you are denying the facts. AZ is in big trouble right now and when the beds are full, a higher percentage are gonna die.This is look in the mirror time. 

Bullshipper why do you not compare apples to apples!!  If you test 10 people per day and 3 are positive that's 30%..  If, you test 1000 per day, that is 300.
Seems like there is a fallacy somewhere.  I'm not sure of the AZ bed capacity, but I am sure there is none here (Guaymas) and Mexico's death % was the third highest in the world..
I feel that mirror cracking..................

Posted: Fri Jul 3rd, 2020 01:36 am
  PM Quote Reply
19th Post
390pony

Mana: 
Exactly, we are testing much higher numbers in Arizona now than before, so, of course, the number of positive cases are increasing accordingly. And, still many of those are false positives.

Posted: Fri Jul 3rd, 2020 02:15 am
  PM Quote Reply
20th Post
frankiej

Mana: 
here is an article in English, regarding the border closure to essential travel!
Sonora tightens US border crossings as Arizona virus cases spike

lots of tit for tat on the posts, whether were is best to be! both Arizona and Sonora are in trouble!

if you get sick here, i assume you will have to pay for your treatment! in the USA the government is covering most of the bill!

where ever you may be, the simplest treatment is ISOLATION and MITIGATION! when you need to go out wear a mask, wash your hands! 

the alternative is to become a statistic!!!!

Current time is 05:53 am Page:    1  2  3  4  5  Next Page Last Page    
San Carlos, Sonora, Mexico Forums > Topical Forums > San Carlos Forum > Border closing to US visitors to Sonora Top

UltraBB 1.172 Copyright © 2007-2014 Data 1 Systems