San Carlos, Sonora, Mexico Forums Home 

San Carlos Mexico Forum
Welcome to our forum. In order to post in our forums you must be registered. Please take a minute to register to enjoy the full benefits of the forum. Registration is FREE and your information is kept private. When registering, please make sure your email address is entered correctly-if incorrect, you will not receive your validation message. Please do not use your email address as your user name for your own privacy and security. Gmail account users should check spam or trash folders for our validation message after initial registration. We also suggest you add host@sancarlosmexico.com to your white list.

This message board requires you to register in order to post new topics, reply to topics started by other users, start polls, or vote on polls. As a registered user, you can edit your own posts, upload photos and view our photo gallery, and send private messages to other members of the board. Registered users can keep track of the topics they are interested in, and receive e-mail notifications when someone posts to one of those topics. Registered users can choose a theme and setup a profile, to include hometown, email & web address and avatar if desired.
We do ask that you post in the appropriate forum-look over the subjects and topics of all forums including the mercado section before making your first post. Posts in the wrong forum or not related to San Carlos may be moved or deleted without notice.
Please take a moment and register to enjoy all the benefits of the forum.
Bienvenidos!

Moderated by: bartmanaz
New Topic Reply Printer Friendly
Beer - surplus, or shortage?  Rate Topic 
AuthorPost
 Posted: Fri Apr 3rd, 2020 02:42 am
  PM Quote Reply
1st Post
repsilon

Mana: 
I am not sure if everyone knows of the alarming situation in Mexico. I don't know if it is all alcohol production that is halted.  Although this is extremely alarming and disturbing news, I am not sure. Since spring break was pretty much cancelled, bars are closed, and even the upcoming religious drinking festival, maybe there is a surplus? So will we finally achieve our lifelong humored goal of drinking Mexico dry, will a perceived shortage drive up the price, or is it the duty of the few remaining to not let spirits go to waste? It would be great to get some straight news about supplies, but I guess our own wave of those who can afford to horde is fully justified. Stay thirsty my friends.

Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

Posted: Fri Apr 3rd, 2020 03:21 am
  PM Quote Reply
2nd Post
Bullshipper

Mana: 
I know. Gas goes down in price and they won't let us drive.

Its also been 2 weeks without any new games on the TV either.
Yesterday I noticed this lady sitting next to me on my couch.
Apparently she's my wife.
She seems nice.

Posted: Fri Apr 3rd, 2020 04:25 am
  PM Quote Reply
3rd Post
marlin master

Mana: 
Jeffy, too frickin’ funny !

Last edited on Fri Apr 3rd, 2020 04:26 am by marlin master

Posted: Fri Apr 3rd, 2020 02:26 pm
  PM Quote Reply
4th Post
Jimmy

Mana: 
I O'Pine for the Good Ole Days when San Carlos was Known as-----""A small Drinking Village with a Fishing Problem"" jajajajajaja

Stay Safe all

Last edited on Fri Apr 3rd, 2020 02:28 pm by Jimmy

Posted: Fri Apr 3rd, 2020 07:22 pm
  PM Quote Reply
5th Post
frankiej

Mana: 
Bullshipper wrote: Yesterday I noticed this lady sitting next to me on my couch.
Apparently she's my wife.
She seems nice.

OMG, this is the best laugh i have had in a LONG time!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted: Fri Apr 3rd, 2020 09:19 pm
  PM Quote Reply
6th Post
Bullshipper

Mana: 
Just 11 days of social distancing and now my apparent wife wants back in the house.
What to do?

Posted: Sat Apr 4th, 2020 03:26 am
  PM Quote Reply
7th Post
repsilon

Mana: 
I guess this turned into a bad joke today. The price on Tecate was raised today, limit 24/person,they ended OXXO promotion prices ( but Santa Rosa was still cheap), then the liquor stores closed, sales ended at 6:00, and now it sounds like there may not even be alcohol sales tomorrow (dry laws)!???

Posted: Sat Apr 4th, 2020 09:39 am
  PM Quote Reply
8th Post
frankie

Mana: 
repsilon wrote:  The price on Tecate was raised today, 

most of the free world beer breweries are owned by a conglomerate! "google search"
the peso is trading at 25/1 , price adjustments were inevitable to maintain manufacturing, distribution and profit margins!
we will also start seeing prices on international goods being raised for the same reason!
the automotive industry will probably be the next most visible with price increases here in Mexico!
example: a Toyota Tacoma was selling in Mexico a month ago for about 650,000 pesos at 18/1 about $35,000 USD, if the are still selling at that prices today, it would be $26,000. USD
Toyota are manufactured here in Mexico in Tecate, Baja California!
international commerce is tied to the the USA dollar!

Posted: Sat Apr 4th, 2020 01:53 pm
  PM Quote Reply
9th Post
Bullshipper

Mana: 
repsilon wrote: I am not sure if everyone knows of the alarming situation in Mexico. I don't know if it is all alcohol production that is halted.  Although this is extremely alarming and disturbing news, I am not sure. Since spring break was pretty much cancelled, bars are closed, and even the upcoming religious drinking festival, maybe there is a surplus? So will we finally achieve our lifelong humored goal of drinking Mexico dry, will a perceived shortage drive up the price, or is it the duty of the few remaining to not let spirits go to waste? It would be great to get some straight news about supplies, but I guess our own wave of those who can afford to horde is fully justified. Stay thirsty my friends.

On a serious side, what I have heard in Spanish is that the plants are closed temporarily.
No ley seca as far as I know. Buy and hoard, like TP.

Have you heard differently.

Posted: Sat Apr 4th, 2020 03:00 pm
  PM Quote Reply
10th Post
repsilon

Mana: 
I just read that it was just to after 6:00. I hope that is the case. They already have two case limits at Ley's- except that they were closing today I heard.

Posted: Sat Apr 4th, 2020 07:10 pm
  PM Quote Reply
11th Post
Bullshipper

Mana: 
Ley is closing?

Posted: Sat Apr 4th, 2020 07:55 pm
  PM Quote Reply
12th Post
marlin master

Mana: 
Walmart today !

Attached Image (viewed 796 times):

AD3CFA77-66DC-4E07-AB77-4E16E3E48A6B.jpeg

Last edited on Sat Apr 4th, 2020 07:56 pm by marlin master

Posted: Sun Apr 5th, 2020 12:44 pm
  PM Quote Reply
13th Post
IronMan

Mana: 
¡Es un milagro!

Posted: Sun Apr 5th, 2020 07:08 pm
  PM Quote Reply
14th Post
Kiwi

Mana: 
They were dilvering beer at Stx on the ranchito road early this morning and also at the beer store next to the Catholic Church. 

Posted: Mon Apr 6th, 2020 12:41 am
  PM Quote Reply
15th Post
Wy Ynot

Mana: 
Yesterday, Saturday the ofertas, promotions were dropped at Tecate outlets. A case of 24 cans of Tecate light went from 190 pesos to 310. pesos. They said everywhere, I do not know for sure. Heineken needs the pesos? Ynot

Posted: Mon May 11th, 2020 12:45 pm
  PM Quote Reply
16th Post
frankiej

Mana: 
on social media black market sales are reported as 3000 pesos for a 24 pack.

Venden el 24 de cerveza en 'aguajes' hasta en 3 mil pesos en Sonora - Opinión Sonora

Posted: Fri May 22nd, 2020 04:24 pm
  PM Quote Reply
17th Post
frankiej

Mana: 
looks like the price of beer is going up!
Alza de gasolina, jitomate y cerveza impulsa inflación en México | EL IMPARCIAL | Noticias de México y el mundo

Current time is 11:56 am  
San Carlos, Sonora, Mexico Forums > Topical Forums > San Carlos Forum > Beer - surplus, or shortage? Top

UltraBB 1.172 Copyright © 2007-2014 Data 1 Systems