San Carlos, Sonora, Mexico Forums Home 

San Carlos Mexico Forum
Welcome to our forum. In order to post in our forums you must be registered. Please take a minute to register to enjoy the full benefits of the forum. Registration is FREE and your information is kept private. When registering, please make sure your email address is entered correctly-if incorrect, you will not receive your validation message. Please do not use your email address as your user name for your own privacy and security. Gmail account users should check spam or trash folders for our validation message after initial registration. We also suggest you add host@sancarlosmexico.com to your white list.

This message board requires you to register in order to post new topics, reply to topics started by other users, start polls, or vote on polls. As a registered user, you can edit your own posts, upload photos and view our photo gallery, and send private messages to other members of the board. Registered users can keep track of the topics they are interested in, and receive e-mail notifications when someone posts to one of those topics. Registered users can choose a theme and setup a profile, to include hometown, email & web address and avatar if desired.
We do ask that you post in the appropriate forum-look over the subjects and topics of all forums including the mercado section before making your first post. Posts in the wrong forum or not related to San Carlos may be moved or deleted without notice.
Please take a moment and register to enjoy all the benefits of the forum.
Bienvenidos!

Moderated by: bartmanaz  
AuthorPost
Xicotencatl

Mana: 
High level officers from both governments are discussing today terms for a potential border closing  USA-MEXICO for tomorrow. NO details have been released yet but may look similar to the Canada - US border closing.

Hook

Mana: 
If so, it will mean that Americans can get IN to the US but Americans already in the US cannot leave the US.

MARIGOT

Mana: 
What about going up to Tucson for medical appointments and returning to Mexico?

suzmax

Mana: 
Hook wrote: If so, it will mean that Americans can get IN to the US but Americans already in the US cannot leave the US.

I don't understand why Americans already in the US would not be able to leave. Can you provide a verifiable source for that information? Wouldn't it be up to the country in which they are attempting to go? For example if Mexico doesn't close its borders then why wouldn't Americans be able to enter? 

bartmanaz
Administrator

Mana: 
Being discussed at the SecState/Foreign Relations level according to local news here and will impact both ways. According to the article I read they want to "protect essential cross border commerce and trade" but restrict "non-essential travel, including tourist and recreational visits". US State Dept has already issued a travel alert urging Americans not to go abroad and return home unless they plan to remain abroad. Wait til they announce the details because anything else is pure guesswork, but I expect it to happen.

goldin

Mana: 
http://elportaldelanoticia.mx/22-titulares/3857-cierre-de-fronteras-por-covid-19-no-es-posible-salud

jsprag

Mana: 
goldin,

That article is from the 17th

goldin

Mana: 
So? It’s the latest. He says no closing if the border because if covid19.

What are you saying?

jsprag

Mana: 
It's a fluid situation and as of this morning. They are rethinking the border.

frankie

Mana: 
the Mexican border is closed to non essential travel!!!!!!!!!

quagmire

Mana: 
Trump just closed the border effective Friday night at 8:00.

quagmire

Mana: 
Correction. Saturday at 8:00.

Hook

Mana: 
Sure would like a hard and fast definition, from the State Department/DHS/some government entity, of what constitutes nonessential travel.

As of 0935, I can find nothing on an official website. Hope it's coming.

jsprag

Mana: 
Pompeo used examples such as US citizens, non-US engaged in trade or education constituted essential travel. Conversely, Mexico would admit Mexican citizens and residents. I take that to include Residencia Permanente holders, but that was not used as an example. Use of tourist visas on either side have been suspended.

Last edited on Fri Mar 20th, 2020 05:38 pm by jsprag

Hook

Mana: 
Here is a fear that is shared by some of us down here.

We return to the US. Our houses caretaker reports that our house is broken into. Will we be allowed to return to our home down here and assess and fix the damage?

frankie

Mana: 
imho, i think returning to the USA at this time unless it is extremely urgent is not worth the possibilities we will confront at the border entering and returning.
at a minimum each crossing vehicle will  be questioned and maybe more. 
we have all seen what lines can occur during normal times, these are not normal times!!!!!!

MARIGOT

Mana: 
Post #14,
Are you saying people who arrive at km21 from the USA will NOT be issued a tourist permit?

SStewart

Mana: 
Left this AM today. Trip to border took 4 hours, arriving around 11 Am. ALL toll booths are now open and all rates have gone up. The most notable was HMO booth. After paying 113 pesos for the HMO bypass the HMO toll on the Hwy. was 90 pesos. Bit of a shock, but well worth it, having the Hwy. the way it is now compared to 35 years ago..Must note, the Hwy was almost void of traffic, autos and trucks. Maricopa crossing took about 5 mins.

Hook

Mana: 
I have located the chapter and verse of the new restrictions on travel across the US/Mexico border, from the DHS perspective.

https://s3.amazonaws.com/public-inspection.federalregister.gov/2020-06253.pdf

Marigot, it seems like you will be allowed IN to the US for medical purposes. 

I dont know where the other poster got his/her info on tourist visas being suspended.

quagmire

Mana: 
At least this doesn't effect air travel. Might make it down one more time to catch the end of the yellowtail season. Not sure what this means though for the Canadians heading north. Gonna be a quiet spring in SC this year.

jsprag

Mana: 
Marigot,

In a news conference this morning Pompeo said that said Mexico was open to Mexican citizens and residents. Take that for what it's worth. I hate to speculate on what constitutes proof of residency. That said it is my understanding tourist permits will not be issued without proof of residency. So will have to see. Again this is a fluid situation it appears nothing is absolute

frankie

Mana: 
hook, thanks for being on top of this with REAL factual information!

long time resident

Mana: 
Trump made his speech today, and the border will close at midnight, for nonessential travel. Work and medical are a couple of the exceptions, but they are not letting people going down as tourist to visit, nor come up for the same reasons.

Bullshipper

Mana: 
Its pretty clear that tourism travel is really the only thing that's restricted. If you going to work (daily), go home, go to see a dr, are in the military, are going to volunter to help, delivering commercial goods, etc, is all classified as essential travel. 

Says nothing about traveling to go to funerals, so I just hope that doesn't become our reason to travel in the future.

But to me, saying they have closed the border is a pretty big spin on the real truth. Almost like fake news.

Hook

Mana: 
Looking at the border cams for both crossings in Nogales. Absolutely no one in line at all! And no trucks in the picture, either!

What the heck it going on?

There must have been more Mexicans in line, who shop in the US, than I realized.

IronMan

Mana: 
There are no images on the webcams now........

Hook

Mana: 
The El Imparcial ones seem to be working fine for me. About a 15 minute delay on the time stamp on the Mariposa crossing and the date is one day off. One day in the future, not the past.

Last edited on Sat Mar 21st, 2020 03:50 pm by Hook

Hook

Mana: 
Normal truck traffic now. Virtually no passenger cars.

frankie

Mana: 
$1.00 usd = 24.437 pesos

Last edited on Sat Mar 21st, 2020 05:01 pm by frankie

long time resident

Mana: 
It is only going to get worse. Stay inside.

IronMan

Mana: 
Hook wrote: The El Imparcial ones seem to be working fine for me. About a 15 minute delay on the time stamp on the Mariposa crossing and the date is one day off. One day in the future, not the past.I have the same shortcut I have used for a while, but I have a blank white screen still?

IronMan

Mana: 
https://www.elimparcial.com/site/garitas/

Kiwi

Mana: 
IronMan: I get a white screen also but if I wait t comes up.

bachrachj

Mana: 
Back to the FMM question. If the responsible thing to do is "shelter in place" and we decide to do that here, what happens when our FMM expires in May? I'm thinking that since "tourism" is not being allowed, a new tourist card is out of the question. One of many dilemmas coming our way. Stay safe and healthy folks.

MARIGOT

Mana: 
Well, a trip up to km21 may be the only way to find out if they will issue the FMM.  If you do it, please let us know about your experience.

50 out

Mana: 
  My Girlfriend is checking on all the options available to US residents on a timeline visa(my 6 months ends 29th of April). I will update information asap.. Laura is a lifetime resident of Hermosillo and retired CFE. She has a huge family in Hermosillo and hopefully she can find the answers to renew visas or other options. ;)  We may not need to go to the 21 kilometer office.. She is checking Guaymas or Hermosillo options.

Last edited on Mon Mar 23rd, 2020 04:00 pm by 50 out

Hook

Mana: 
50 out wrote:   My Girlfriend is checking on all the options available to US residents on a timeline visa(my 6 months ends 29th of April). I will update information asap.. Laura is a lifetime resident of Hermosillo and retired CFE. She has a huge family in Hermosillo and hopefully she can find the answers to renew visas or other options. ;)  We may not need to go to the 21 kilometer office.. She is checking Guaymas or Hermosillo options.

Thank you, 50 out. That would be most helpful.

Bullshipper

Mana: 
bachrachj wrote: Back to the FMM question. If the responsible thing to do is "shelter in place" and we decide to do that here, what happens when our FMM expires in May? I'm thinking that since "tourism" is not being allowed, a new tourist card is out of the question. One of many dilemmas coming our way. Stay safe and healthy folks.

Don't sweat it. They never collect them anyways, and govn't offices are closing down too.

50 out

Mana: 
 Update,  So far most of the agencies are scrambling to contain the virus. So much going on gringos on a 6 month or whatever amount of time tourist visa is not a priority I guess. In all fairness to worry I was here for 6 months last winter with no visa.. and 4 months in Hermosillo the winter before that. I had been pulled over only one time by a policia federal and only asked for a passport and wanted to see inside my Toyota. I opened every door and the trunk and after a quick look I was on my way. That was 50 miles north of Hermosillo on Mex. Auto pisa 15.  May 2018 I was also checked by the guys checking for illegally imported cars? Wanted passport, License, registration, and even matched up vin numbers, but never asked about a visa?  My Gals still checking Immigration resources but she said that they really haven't had time to address this issue. We will continue checking. There is a immigration office in Guaymas near the Burger King. I will go by there tomorrow early as they close at 1pm. Will update when more information becomes available.  I stand corrected as my visa runs out March 29th.:shock: I got a visa this year because I was advised if I were involved in an accident or legal process it could get touchy with no visa?

Last edited on Mon Mar 23rd, 2020 07:56 pm by 50 out

Fairwind

Mana: 
A friend just took a chance and came down from Tucson, said the border crossing was "Normal" in both directions..She got a green light and that was that......

MARIGOT

Mana: 
You are right.
No one usually cares about checking to see if one has an FMM or not, UNTIL you are in an accident.  Then you could have problems if you don’t have the docs to be here legally.

Hook

Mana: 
Kiwi wrote: IronMan: I get a white screen also but if I wait t comes up.

Is it working for you now?

Lines have begun to grow at both crossings.

Bullshipper

Mana: 
MARIGOT wrote: You are right.
No one usually cares about checking to see if one has an FMM or not, UNTIL you are in an accident.  Then you could have problems if you don’t have the docs to be here legally.

Really? I have never had a policeman ask me for one in 40 years of living here after a fender bender. Policeman have no jurisdiction in Immigration matter as far as I know.

But if you had to leave the country on a plane, there you will find Immigration officers, you will be checked, but again, I have never been stopped from going home with an expired one on 2 occasions, and travel home is now considered essential travel. 

Government offices are now running bare bones staff, so if you go, get ready for a long wait in close quarters.

I am advising against it.

IronMan

Mana: 
Yeah, it was back up this morning. :-)

odwyerpw

Mana: 
left Alamos yesterday at 8am and crossed by 4:30pm at downtown nogales point of entry (sentry lane).

received absolutely no instructions. were told to remove our masks for identification (understandable). no border patrol were wearing masks, nor gloves. same at Tubac checkpoint, observed no precautions being taken.

we are doing a 14 day self-quarantine... 

Last edited on Tue Mar 24th, 2020 09:56 pm by odwyerpw

50 out

Mana: 
 So far I am holding hope that things settle enough to get some more answers. 
Options as of now are to;
1. Run up to the 21 kilometer hoping there open and get another permit. 
2. Not worry about it as these are special times and circumstances as the solution could have more risk than benefit?
3. Follow CDC guidelines and stay put and practice social distancing?
4 Make a run for home, which for me runs me thru or near Tucson, Phoenix, Los Angeles, Sacramento and takes at least 2 days. 
Options 1, 2,or 3, are most likely as a run for Oregon(conditions there are worse than here)is off the table for now..
We're checking at Hermosillo airport as they should have a person to issue or stamp visas as planes arrive from out of country.. and if they could help us. not a lot of feedback yet but fingers crossed.. 

Jimmy

Mana: 
The only problem that I see is if you are in an auto accident while in Mexico with an expired FMM the Insurance Co Might use that as an excuse to deny the claim..   

JMoore

Mana: 
Posts on other forum stating no restrictions for gringos traveling south...is this true? I thought the border was closed north and south, with the exception of those in route home, and documentable necessary entrance??

JMoore

Mana: 
So is it, or isn't it...…….....CLOSED????

frankie

Mana: 
the border is closed for all nonessential travel.  
that said is the closing being strictly enforced, either way, travel north and travel south??

* there are a lot of services here that may be considered essential travel, ie; the package and delivery service Debbie provides, the mail service  Remax provides.
can anyone let us know if these vital services will continue to function?

Last edited on Wed Mar 25th, 2020 04:43 pm by frankie

JMoore

Mana: 
Frankie, we have friends from Cali, that have planned to be here now...they do not want to travel from Cali to the border, and then get turned back. On the other forum they are saying that there seems to be no restrictions at all coming south...??????? who knows??

aligato

Mana: 
The last thing we need is Gringos coming in from the States and NOT self isolating for 14 days after they arrive, which I am pretty sure they won't....the case in Hermosillo was from someone who traveled from the States....it only takes one person to endanger ALL of us!!

Bullshipper

Mana: 
JMoore wrote: Frankie, we have friends from Cali, that have planned to be here now...they do not want to travel from Cali to the border, and then get turned back. On the other forum they are saying that there seems to be no restrictions at all coming south...??????? who knows??

This thread started with a link to the tourist travel restriction issued by both Governments.
I really do not understand why this is confusing.

If they want to break the law, if they want to endanger the retired community here then sure, tell em to come on down. 

The more the merrier.

El Suizo

Mana: 
Just crossed the border north today and asked if us citizens still can got south; the responds from the us border person was; yes, but who wants to get sick in Mexico.....
So I don’t know but according to here yes you can go south.
But I guess we should wait and see until a person will let us know who did it.

JMoore

Mana: 
"This thread started with a link to the tourist travel restriction issued by both Governments.
I really do not understand why this is confusing."

Try this, you and others took it way off course. As far as the couple coming from Cali, they are an older couple that have had a home here for the last 42 years....They have also spent every April here. They are not bringing any virus with them, but myself and others have advised them to remain where they are....when Mexico gets hit...

Cristobal

Mana: 
This is not rocket science.  STAY HOME.  Next?

Bullshipper

Mana: 
JMoore wrote: "This thread started with a link to the tourist travel restriction issued by both Governments.
I really do not understand why this is confusing."

Try this, you and others took it way off course. As far as the couple coming from Cali, they are an older couple that have had a home here for the last 42 years....They have also spent every April here. They are not bringing any virus with them, but myself and others have advised them to remain where they are....when Mexico gets hit...

https://s3.amazonaws.com/public-inspection.federalregister.gov/2020-06253.pdf

frankie

Mana: 
Coronavirus fears lead protesters to block US-Mexico border crossing

JMoore

Mana: 
Post #57, thanks for the Document, I have been aware of it and it's intent from it's conception....and totally agree with the effort to close the border. I only got involved in this thread, because, as I stated posters on Viva, including Gadsby were talking about friends coming down after the date we were told the border would be closed, in both directions.

RonC

Mana: 
I crossed at Mariposa Tuesday about noon, heading south to SC. No problem, just took in my passport, paid and left. Mex Consulates websites stated there were no restrictions on entering Mexico - and they were correct. Cross border traffic (both ways) seemed normal.
Now I'll self quarantine for 14 days.
Encantada

JMoore

Mana: 
So Ron, from your post, I am assuming we live in a part of the world that imports the virus, or at least has opened it's borders to the possibility of people bringing the virus south, while professing to have cooperated with the U.S. by closing it's borders...……...right Does not make a lot of sense to me to be here at this time. Frankie was considering leaving back a while because of the crime, I'll take the crime over this.....

JMoore

Mana: 
This was sent to me from Viva:

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-52053656

Mexican protesters have shut a US southern border crossing amid fears that untested American travellers will spread coronavirus.
Residents in Sonora, south of the US state of Arizona, have promised to block traffic into Mexico for a second day after closing a checkpoint for hours on Wednesday.
They wore face masks and held signs telling Americans to "stay at home"

chucklesg

Mana: 
Who can blame them for trying to close the border with AZ.  Sonora has only 5 cases and AZ over 400. 

I was told recently that Trump consulting the ghost of Abe Lincoln, and asked him what to do.

Lincoln told him "Go to a play"

Sunseeker

Mana: 
Sorry to hear that border travel is not restricted.   Too my knowledge,  confirmed cases in Sonora traveled outside the region.  So we don't have community spread YET!  Our only best if not only way to keep San Carlos virus free is to not have it introduced from outside.   Thank you for self quarantining.  Not everyone coming here will be as compliant with the guidelines :(

Kiwi

Mana: 
We hope the cases in Sonora as well as all of Mexico are correct but for some reason it's hard to believe .  Testing??????? not much if at all and what kind? and a President that takes it with a grain of salt.   

Xicotencatl

Mana: 
A federal Judge hat granted an Amparo today to private citizens from Nogales and has ordered the Mexican Federal Governmwnt to perform a partial close to non essential traveling for non Mexican Citizens into Mexico.

Irrespective of the number of cases on each side of the border, the Mexican president is leading as one of the world most irresponsible head of state before this crisis.

It is good that laws still exist and prevails on this amparo, he cannot disobey this Judge order.

Hook

Mana: 
How about a link to the Amparo you are referring to?

Bullshipper

Mana: 
Same thing is going on in New York as folks from infected high density areas travelled to their summer beach homes, infecting grocery stores while buying up the essentials that the locals didn't have a budget to stock up on.
My wife needs Chloroquinal for her existing problems, and Trumps announcement that this might help to alleviate some symptoms prompted people to clean out the pharmacies here. Nob's heading north did the same for themselves and took extra for friends and currently there isn't a box of 20 to be had in Sonora, but you can get on a waiting lists.

So, if you had Lupus and no medicine, how who you feel about a lot of tourists coming in from infected areas?

The border is not closed to essential traffic, carrying food, medical supplies, etc north and south. But it is closed to tourists. So I really can't blame the citizens of Nogales from getting frustrated and protecting their families for a month or so.

Last edited on Thu Mar 26th, 2020 09:34 pm by Bullshipper

MARIGOT

Mana: 
Who will get an Amparo to require limitations on the airline flights coming into Mexico from highly infected countries?
I hope something is done about that issue soon...better late than never.

Last edited on Thu Mar 26th, 2020 11:47 pm by MARIGOT

frankie

Mana: 
Ponen filtros sanitarios en garitas de cruce de EU a Sonora

it appears Sonora is stepping up prevention measures entering Mexico.
your temperature could be taken entering, to evaluate if you may have symptoms of concid-19  

Last edited on Fri Mar 27th, 2020 02:58 pm by frankie

RichD

Mana: 

Last edited on Sat Mar 28th, 2020 09:12 pm by RichD

frankie

Mana: 
this thread was started on March 19, much information has been posted with good intentions! 
i think at this point it's all a "wait and see" situation!

Righton

Mana: 
Amazing. Canada closed its borders, Mexico did the same, but when Trump wanted to close its borders he was called a racist by the democrats. Go figure

frankie

Mana: 
* Canada and the USA "MUTUALLY" agreed to close the northern border
* Mexican and the USA "MUTUALLY" agreed to close the southern border
* both agreements where to allow for essential travel

accusing an entire political party for the errors of a few, is why our country remains divided even in these times WE ALL NEED TO BE UNITED!

i am an INDEPENDENT, because BOTH parties have lost their way!

Last edited on Sat Mar 28th, 2020 09:54 pm by frankie

RichD

Mana: 
Is there first hand experience of what is going on when going South? Are they asking for proof of residence? What is being accepted? Are they really taking your temperature? What happens if your temp is high? Thanks in advance for leaving politics out of it. I have a friend recovering from surgery in Arizona and he is curious about going home.

frankie

Mana: 
from what i understand, he can travel back home!
what is not clear, at least to me, is back and forth travel from NOB home to Mexico home.
many have homes in both countries!

RichD

Mana: 
His home is in San Carlos. Requesting information about crossing going South.

frankie

Mana: 
i think if he can provide some sort of resident status in Mexico, he should be fine.
it's complicated, and probably depends a lot on how is coming down, ie; Mexican plated car, Arizona plated car.
i know the people providing package and mail services are still active. one though in all fairness has duel citizenship!

P.S. i live here with a " permanent resident card", i am remaining isolated in my home. i drive a vehicle with Sonoran plates. currently i have no valid reason to go NOB. nor do i want to subject myself to be possibly being detained on either side for what ever reason!

Last edited on Sat Mar 28th, 2020 11:13 pm by frankie

Bullshipper

Mana: 
Rich,
When the order came from Trump and Lopez Obrador on the 19th, a supplier sent me a copy what I assume his import broker put together for his clients in spanish. I am attaching it below in spanish, as it came to me for your info as it explains in a lot more detail what both countiries are using as guidelines for essential travel form March 20 -April 20th. As you can see, Tourist travel is practically the only travel that is banned.
I realize that this is not as specific as one would like, but I believe your friend will not be stopped, especially if he can show a copy of the below notification perhaps along with a recent power or telephone bill, or bank statement from his place in San Carlos, along with a bill from his Dr showing his surgery in the states, as these are usually the documents required by the Mexican and american governments to prove recent residency.
I won't translate this into English as

Estimados Clientes:
Los presidentes Donald Trump y Andrés Manuel López Obrador anunciaron que Estados Unidos y México acordaron mutuamente cerrar la frontera entre los dos países al tráfico no esencial el dia de hoy. Este movimiento se realiza como un esfuerzo para contener la pandemia global COVID-19.
La frontera se cerrará temporalmente para el tráfico no esencial a partir de mañana, sábado 21 de marzo y estará en vigor hasta el 20 de abril de 2020.
Esta orden no afecta el trafico comercial por lo tanto el cruce comercial permanecerá ininterrumpidos, lo que significa que el tratado de libre comercio entre USA/Mexico y Canada continuará como de costumbre.
En más detalle se ha clasificado "viajes esenciales" como:
• Ciudadanos estadounidenses y residentes permanentes legales que regresan a los Estados Unidos
• Individuos que viajan con fines médicos (por ejemplo, para recibir tratamiento médico en los EE.UU.)
• Individuos que viajan para asistir a instituciones educativas
• Individuos que viajan a trabajar en los Estados Unidos
• Individuos que viajan con fines de respuesta de emergencia y salud pública (por ejemplo, funcionarios del gobierno o servicios de emergencia que ingresan a los EE. UU. para apoyar los esfuerzos del gobierno para responder a COVID-19 u otras emergencias)
• Individuos que se dedican al comercio transfronterizo legal (por ejemplo, conductores de camiones que apoyan el movimiento de carga entre los Estados Unidos y Canadá)
• Individuos involucrados en viajes oficiales del gobierno o diplomáticos
• Miembros de las Fuerzas Armadas de los Estados Unidos, y los cónyuges e hijos de las Fuerzas Armadas de los EE. UU., que regresan a los EE.UU.
• Individuos involucrados en viajes u operaciones relacionadas con el ejército

NON ESSENTIAL PROHIBITED TRAVEL
Seguridad Nacional clasifica lo siguiente como viajes "no esenciales":
• Individuos que viajan con fines turísticos (por ejemplo, visitas turísticas, recreación o asistir a eventos culturales)

frankie

Mana: 
Bullshipper wrote: Rich,
I believe your friend will not be stopped, especially if he can show a copy of the below notification perhaps along with a recent power or telephone bill, or bank statement from his place in San Carlos, along with a bill from his Dr showing his surgery in the states, as these are usually the documents required by the Mexican and american governments to prove recent residency.

Rich, so now you have 2 similar opinions, from 2 individuals, who both live here, both speak Spanish and both well connected!
GOOD LUCK and keep us informed!

RichD

Mana: 
Thanks, will pass along the information. It seems clear that travel from the US to San Carlos for residents of San Carlos is permitted, the only question is what documentation of residency they will accept.

IronMan

Mana: 
It is somewhat entertaining that the majority of posters felt as though it was possible that Mexico was excluded somehow, and needed to just close it's borders to stay safe. I'll have to re-read and see if anyone REALLY considered lack of testing, diagnosis, or reporting as the REAL REASON pointing to the incredible possibility there were only one, or two, or five cases. If you review the current Johns Hopkins University world map of statistics, you will see two things: Mexico is now reporting 848 cases, and the reporting is "lumped" as the entire country. Most of the worlds larger populations have provided "realtime", detailed  reporting by regions and cities; does it seem like maybe we have no idea of the actual statistics in Mexico? You are aware of the amount of trade and tourism coming into Mexico from China, Europe, Asia that does not cross the border in a wheeled vehicle?
 https://gisanddata.maps.arcgis.com/apps/opsdashboard/index.html?fbclid=IwAR2g2Cqj89lwo4JbsbmVV3OrlML6IQF2htRytERH19HZ3jfyKUHyeR7_-ho#/bda7594740fd40299423467b48e9ecf6

frankie

Mana: 
IronMan wrote:
[highlight= rgb(248, 248, 248);]Mexico is now reporting 848 cases, and the reporting is "lumped" as the entire country. 

Ironman, this is not correct if you scroll through the many pasted posts provided by Bart and others, you will clearly see each state in Mexico is itemized with confirmed cases and deaths.

Comunicado_Tecnico_Diario_COVID-19_2020.03.28.pdf

bartmanaz
Administrator

Mana: 
Well IM is correct that JHU is reporting all of Latin and South America in a lumped fashion. You have to dig a bit to get specifics on Mexico and the state of Sonora. On the other thread on covid 19 we learn there are now 14 cases in Sonora and two in Guaymas.

Jimmy

Mana: 
Please look at this CDC report on 2019-2020 USA FLU statics-------and compare with Covid-19 statics ---------------------https://www.cdc.gov/flu/about/burden/preliminary-in-season-estimates.htm

The difference is Shocking----Something Ain't Right about Covid-19 Reporting (Propaganda---To Cause---The Hysterical, Gullible, Raging, Paranoid, Panicking, Masses to believe they are all certainly going to DIE).... 

I ROTFLOL when AZ Senator Sinema said ""MILLIONS OF AMERICANS ARE GOING TO DIE""

All of this info is available to research---Frankie, apparently not all Type A personalities have the gift of perception.. 

Last edited on Sun Mar 29th, 2020 05:30 pm by Jimmy

IronMan

Mana: 
Jimmy, I am afraid we are on different paths - I believe you will hear Tuesday the US goes into "lockdown" and I believe you will see over 1000 fatalities per week, and eventually per day

Jimmy

Mana: 
Ironman- I got my ticket for the show---Let the Show Begin..I think that it is a Dud, but time will tell.....In January I was Sick in Bed for 8 days with what I thought was the Flu..I had had the Real Flu once before in the mid 90's--It Was BAD,really BAD. I was sick in bed for days with a residual brain fog for weeks.... This January was bad but a lot milder, constant coughing, fever and Fatigue but no brain fog. Did I already have the Covid-19??? Well, I will be watching for the "Body Count"!!! When the Body count In the USA goes above 65,000 then I will accept that we have a plague. I have over 1 years of Prepper supplies on hand so I don't have to go out of the house....Then again, maybe I have already had the Covid-19 and therefore have the antibodies..(I am also aware that the Mass Media has a vested political interest in causing Hysteria in the US)  

Last edited on Mon Mar 30th, 2020 06:26 am by Jimmy

IronMan

Mana: 
We have a young lady at DRG who feels she had it during the same period, but I fall back on the position of "how could she be the only one?". Meantime, trying to avoid people, customer base in Sonora announcing shutdowns starting today, and staying prepared.
"Not a good time for break-ins; there is enough ammo and bleach out there to make a police report optional"...

RichD

Mana: 
We will never know how bad it would have been if precautionary measures were not taken. I hope it does not take off in Mexico like it has in the US. Maintaining distance and washing your hands are not that difficult, why wouldn't you do it?

390pony

Mana: 
I believe I had it, too, while in San Carlos over the Christmas and New Year holidays. I was sick enough one day that I went to my boat, and then decided not to dive, and that never happens.

RichD

Mana: 
FYI, my friend is back in San Carlos. He said nobody asked him anything. So much for the border being closed.

frankiej

Mana: 
good news!! tell him welcome home!

Kiwi

Mana: 
where did he cross coming South? Mariposa or Doconcini ?

RichD

Mana: 
Mariposa.

Mike Rivers

Mana: 
Jimmy wrote: Please look at this CDC report on 2019-2020 USA FLU statics-------and compare with Covid-19 statics ---------------------https://www.cdc.gov/flu/about/burden/preliminary-in-season-estimates.htm

The difference is Shocking----Something Ain't Right about Covid-19 Reporting (Propaganda---To Cause---The Hysterical, Gullible, Raging, Paranoid, Panicking, Masses to believe they are all certainly going to DIE).... 

I ROTFLOL when AZ Senator Sinema said ""MILLIONS OF AMERICANS ARE GOING TO DIE""

All of this info is available to research---Frankie, apparently not all Type A personalities have the gift of perception.. 

according to CDC stats, this has the potential to kill 2% of the population. with a population of 329.45 million in 2019, well....... you do the math..

Last edited on Fri Apr 3rd, 2020 09:57 pm by Mike Rivers

Kiwi

Mana: 
thank you Rich D as we also had someone go North on Tuesday and return on thursday (yesterday) and they did not incounter any thing above normal. 
they crossed coming and going at Mariposa. Think with what I've heard and seen on the web cams that coming south on Deconcini was the only place being checked by the Mexican Health dept or whatever. 

frankie

Mana: 
i am pleased that richd's friend made it home! but i find it deeply concerning the lackadaisical enforcement of a closed border by both Mexico and the USA!
it can be assumed that richd's friend made an effort to come prepared for an easy crossing!

this is real!!
 i just saw on a report more than 1,400 people died today in the USA!

Jimmy

Mana: 
Mike Rivers wrote: Jimmy wrote: Please look at this CDC report on 2019-2020 USA FLU statics-------and compare with Covid-19 statics ---------------------https://www.cdc.gov/flu/about/burden/preliminary-in-season-estimates.htm

according to CDC stats, this has the potential to kill 2% of the population. with a population of 329.45 million in 2019, well....... you do the math..

I Call BS, I just ain't buyin it....Wake me up when we get to a verified 1,000 Covid-19 deaths per day for 30 continuous days in the US...I am a man who counts results, you can't take "Theory"(an educated hunch) to the bank...

Last edited on Sat Apr 4th, 2020 01:56 am by Jimmy

RichD

Mana: 
Frankie, yeah he had copies of bills etc but no one asked for them. First hand experience in Mexico is more accurate than what regulations are supposed to be. Good go know that people can get to their homes in San Carlos but screening of people coming into Mexico is not happening. Things are fluid in Mexico, next week might be something different.

IronMan

Mana: 
Wait until april 26th and tell me then if Mexico is affected...
https://gisanddata.maps.arcgis.com/apps/opsdashboard/index.html?fbclid=IwAR2g2Cqj89lwo4JbsbmVV3OrlML6IQF2htRytERH19HZ3jfyKUHyeR7_-ho#/bda7594740fd40299423467b48e9ecf6

IronMan

Mana: 
So, since the "only 1800 cases" reported in the week before Easter, Mexico is #16 on the JH data with almost 60,000, and sadly, 11% mortality.

long time resident

Mana: 
Jimmy, Just pray that you do not get it. It is very real, and the deaths are not very pleasant. If you survive, you may have permanent damage to any number of organs. Life will never be how it was before you had it and recovered. Why don't you go to New York and check it out?

UltraBB 1.172 Copyright © 2007-2014 Data 1 Systems