San Carlos, Sonora, Mexico Forums Home 

San Carlos Mexico Forum
Welcome to our forum. In order to post in our forums you must be registered. Please take a minute to register to enjoy the full benefits of the forum. Registration is FREE and your information is kept private. When registering, please make sure your email address is entered correctly-if incorrect, you will not receive your validation message. Please do not use your email address as your user name for your own privacy and security. Gmail account users should check spam or trash folders for our validation message after initial registration. We also suggest you add host@sancarlosmexico.com to your white list.

This message board requires you to register in order to post new topics, reply to topics started by other users, start polls, or vote on polls. As a registered user, you can edit your own posts, upload photos and view our photo gallery, and send private messages to other members of the board. Registered users can keep track of the topics they are interested in, and receive e-mail notifications when someone posts to one of those topics. Registered users can choose a theme and setup a profile, to include hometown, email & web address and avatar if desired.
We do ask that you post in the appropriate forum-look over the subjects and topics of all forums including the mercado section before making your first post. Posts in the wrong forum or not related to San Carlos may be moved or deleted without notice.
Please take a moment and register to enjoy all the benefits of the forum.
Bienvenidos!

Moderated by: bartmanaz Page:  First Page Previous Page  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next Page Last Page  
New Topic Reply Printer Friendly
Closing USA-MEXICO border  Rate Topic 
AuthorPost
 Posted: Mon Mar 23rd, 2020 08:36 pm
  PM Quote Reply
41st Post
MARIGOT

Mana: 
You are right.
No one usually cares about checking to see if one has an FMM or not, UNTIL you are in an accident.  Then you could have problems if you don’t have the docs to be here legally.

Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

Posted: Mon Mar 23rd, 2020 08:53 pm
  PM Quote Reply
42nd Post
Hook

Mana: 
Kiwi wrote: IronMan: I get a white screen also but if I wait t comes up.

Is it working for you now?

Lines have begun to grow at both crossings.

Posted: Tue Mar 24th, 2020 12:17 am
  PM Quote Reply
43rd Post
Bullshipper

Mana: 
MARIGOT wrote: You are right.
No one usually cares about checking to see if one has an FMM or not, UNTIL you are in an accident.  Then you could have problems if you don’t have the docs to be here legally.

Really? I have never had a policeman ask me for one in 40 years of living here after a fender bender. Policeman have no jurisdiction in Immigration matter as far as I know.

But if you had to leave the country on a plane, there you will find Immigration officers, you will be checked, but again, I have never been stopped from going home with an expired one on 2 occasions, and travel home is now considered essential travel. 

Government offices are now running bare bones staff, so if you go, get ready for a long wait in close quarters.

I am advising against it.

Posted: Tue Mar 24th, 2020 12:39 am
  PM Quote Reply
44th Post
IronMan

Mana: 
Yeah, it was back up this morning. :-)

Posted: Tue Mar 24th, 2020 09:55 pm
  PM Quote Reply
45th Post
odwyerpw

Mana: 
left Alamos yesterday at 8am and crossed by 4:30pm at downtown nogales point of entry (sentry lane).

received absolutely no instructions. were told to remove our masks for identification (understandable). no border patrol were wearing masks, nor gloves. same at Tubac checkpoint, observed no precautions being taken.

we are doing a 14 day self-quarantine... 

Last edited on Tue Mar 24th, 2020 09:56 pm by odwyerpw

Posted: Wed Mar 25th, 2020 12:11 am
  PM Quote Reply
46th Post
50 out

Mana: 
 So far I am holding hope that things settle enough to get some more answers. 
Options as of now are to;
1. Run up to the 21 kilometer hoping there open and get another permit. 
2. Not worry about it as these are special times and circumstances as the solution could have more risk than benefit?
3. Follow CDC guidelines and stay put and practice social distancing?
4 Make a run for home, which for me runs me thru or near Tucson, Phoenix, Los Angeles, Sacramento and takes at least 2 days. 
Options 1, 2,or 3, are most likely as a run for Oregon(conditions there are worse than here)is off the table for now..
We're checking at Hermosillo airport as they should have a person to issue or stamp visas as planes arrive from out of country.. and if they could help us. not a lot of feedback yet but fingers crossed.. 

Posted: Wed Mar 25th, 2020 12:37 am
  PM Quote Reply
47th Post
Jimmy

Mana: 
The only problem that I see is if you are in an auto accident while in Mexico with an expired FMM the Insurance Co Might use that as an excuse to deny the claim..   

Posted: Wed Mar 25th, 2020 02:10 pm
  PM Quote Reply
48th Post
JMoore

Mana: 
Posts on other forum stating no restrictions for gringos traveling south...is this true? I thought the border was closed north and south, with the exception of those in route home, and documentable necessary entrance??

Posted: Wed Mar 25th, 2020 04:34 pm
  PM Quote Reply
49th Post
JMoore

Mana: 
So is it, or isn't it...…….....CLOSED????

Posted: Wed Mar 25th, 2020 04:42 pm
  PM Quote Reply
50th Post
frankie

Mana: 
the border is closed for all nonessential travel.  
that said is the closing being strictly enforced, either way, travel north and travel south??

* there are a lot of services here that may be considered essential travel, ie; the package and delivery service Debbie provides, the mail service  Remax provides.
can anyone let us know if these vital services will continue to function?

Last edited on Wed Mar 25th, 2020 04:43 pm by frankie

Posted: Wed Mar 25th, 2020 04:45 pm
  PM Quote Reply
51st Post
JMoore

Mana: 
Frankie, we have friends from Cali, that have planned to be here now...they do not want to travel from Cali to the border, and then get turned back. On the other forum they are saying that there seems to be no restrictions at all coming south...??????? who knows??

Posted: Wed Mar 25th, 2020 10:03 pm
  PM Quote Reply
52nd Post
aligato

Mana: 
The last thing we need is Gringos coming in from the States and NOT self isolating for 14 days after they arrive, which I am pretty sure they won't....the case in Hermosillo was from someone who traveled from the States....it only takes one person to endanger ALL of us!!

Posted: Thu Mar 26th, 2020 02:50 am
  PM Quote Reply
53rd Post
Bullshipper

Mana: 
JMoore wrote: Frankie, we have friends from Cali, that have planned to be here now...they do not want to travel from Cali to the border, and then get turned back. On the other forum they are saying that there seems to be no restrictions at all coming south...??????? who knows??

This thread started with a link to the tourist travel restriction issued by both Governments.
I really do not understand why this is confusing.

If they want to break the law, if they want to endanger the retired community here then sure, tell em to come on down. 

The more the merrier.

Posted: Thu Mar 26th, 2020 03:28 am
  PM Quote Reply
54th Post
El Suizo

Mana: 
Just crossed the border north today and asked if us citizens still can got south; the responds from the us border person was; yes, but who wants to get sick in Mexico.....
So I don’t know but according to here yes you can go south.
But I guess we should wait and see until a person will let us know who did it.

Posted: Thu Mar 26th, 2020 04:28 am
  PM Quote Reply
55th Post
JMoore

Mana: 
"This thread started with a link to the tourist travel restriction issued by both Governments.
I really do not understand why this is confusing."

Try this, you and others took it way off course. As far as the couple coming from Cali, they are an older couple that have had a home here for the last 42 years....They have also spent every April here. They are not bringing any virus with them, but myself and others have advised them to remain where they are....when Mexico gets hit...

Posted: Thu Mar 26th, 2020 04:38 am
  PM Quote Reply
56th Post
Cristobal

Mana: 
This is not rocket science.  STAY HOME.  Next?

Posted: Thu Mar 26th, 2020 05:07 am
  PM Quote Reply
57th Post
Bullshipper

Mana: 
JMoore wrote: "This thread started with a link to the tourist travel restriction issued by both Governments.
I really do not understand why this is confusing."

Try this, you and others took it way off course. As far as the couple coming from Cali, they are an older couple that have had a home here for the last 42 years....They have also spent every April here. They are not bringing any virus with them, but myself and others have advised them to remain where they are....when Mexico gets hit...

https://s3.amazonaws.com/public-inspection.federalregister.gov/2020-06253.pdf

Posted: Thu Mar 26th, 2020 09:54 am
  PM Quote Reply
58th Post
frankie

Mana: 
Coronavirus fears lead protesters to block US-Mexico border crossing

Posted: Thu Mar 26th, 2020 01:37 pm
  PM Quote Reply
59th Post
JMoore

Mana: 
Post #57, thanks for the Document, I have been aware of it and it's intent from it's conception....and totally agree with the effort to close the border. I only got involved in this thread, because, as I stated posters on Viva, including Gadsby were talking about friends coming down after the date we were told the border would be closed, in both directions.

Posted: Thu Mar 26th, 2020 04:12 pm
  PM Quote Reply
60th Post
RonC

Mana: 
I crossed at Mariposa Tuesday about noon, heading south to SC. No problem, just took in my passport, paid and left. Mex Consulates websites stated there were no restrictions on entering Mexico - and they were correct. Cross border traffic (both ways) seemed normal.
Now I'll self quarantine for 14 days.
Encantada

Current time is 07:46 am Page:  First Page Previous Page  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next Page Last Page    
San Carlos, Sonora, Mexico Forums > Topical Forums > San Carlos Forum > Closing USA-MEXICO border Top

UltraBB 1.172 Copyright © 2007-2014 Data 1 Systems