San Carlos, Sonora, Mexico Forums Home 

San Carlos Mexico Forum
Welcome to our forum. In order to post in our forums you must be registered. Please take a minute to register to enjoy the full benefits of the forum. Registration is FREE and your information is kept private. When registering, please make sure your email address is entered correctly-if incorrect, you will not receive your validation message. Please do not use your email address as your user name for your own privacy and security. Gmail account users should check spam or trash folders for our validation message after initial registration. We also suggest you add host@sancarlosmexico.com to your white list.

This message board requires you to register in order to post new topics, reply to topics started by other users, start polls, or vote on polls. As a registered user, you can edit your own posts, upload photos and view our photo gallery, and send private messages to other members of the board. Registered users can keep track of the topics they are interested in, and receive e-mail notifications when someone posts to one of those topics. Registered users can choose a theme and setup a profile, to include hometown, email & web address and avatar if desired.
We do ask that you post in the appropriate forum-look over the subjects and topics of all forums including the mercado section before making your first post. Posts in the wrong forum or not related to San Carlos may be moved or deleted without notice.
Please take a moment and register to enjoy all the benefits of the forum.
Bienvenidos!

Moderated by: bartmanaz Page:  First Page Previous Page  ...  24  25  26  27  28  29  30  31  32  33  34  Next Page Last Page  
New Topic Reply Printer Friendly
Coronavirus  Rate Topic 
AuthorPost
 Posted: Wed Jun 24th, 2020 02:07 am
  PM Quote Reply
561st Post
Bullshipper

Mana: 
News from Az

https://news.yahoo.com/coronavirus-concerns-front-center-trumps-224808883.html

Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

Posted: Wed Jun 24th, 2020 02:27 am
  PM Quote Reply
562nd Post
frankiej

Mana: 
European Union is contemplating banning travel from the USA
EU ban: American travelers might be prohibited from visiting Europe

Green card controversy!
Executive Order Halting New Green Cards Includes Exceptions - The New York Times

Posted: Wed Jun 24th, 2020 02:57 pm
  PM Quote Reply
563rd Post
TrueBlue

Mana: 
There were 11 COVID deaths and 25 new cases in Guaymas between May 13 and June 17. That very high death rate is probably due to a lack of testing/diagnosis, reluctance/fear to go to the hospital and a resulting under count of actual cases and spread in the area.

Wear a mask, social distance, safer at home.

https://opinionsonora.com/2020/06/23/mueren-53-sonorense-por-covid-19-y-registran-412-casos-nuevos/

Last edited on Wed Jun 24th, 2020 03:42 pm by TrueBlue

Posted: Wed Jun 24th, 2020 11:48 pm
  PM Quote Reply
564th Post
Bullshipper

Mana: 
TrueBlue wrote: There were 11 COVID deaths and 25 new cases in Guaymas between May 13 and June 17. That very high death rate is probably due to a lack of testing/diagnosis, reluctance/fear to go to the hospital and a resulting under count of actual cases and spread in the area.

Wear a mask, social distance, safer at home.

https://opinionsonora.com/2020/06/23/mueren-53-sonorense-por-covid-19-y-registran-412-casos-nuevos/

This article from the Imparcial states 188 cases in Guaymas on June 21.

https://www.elimparcial.com/sonora/sonora/Coronavirus-en-Sonora-Cuantos-casos-hay-en-el-estado-y-cuantos-fallecidos-20200621-0020.html 

On the 22nd, 210 cases where reported for Guaymas with 22 total deaths, from another source

https://kyma.com/news/2020/06/22/new-coronavirus-cases-and-deaths-in-sonora-2/

Posted: Thu Jun 25th, 2020 03:00 pm
  PM Quote Reply
565th Post
TrueBlue

Mana: 
bullshipper, the El Imparcial numbers are for March 16 - June 20, and the KYMA figures are for March 16 - June 21. The figures I listed were for May 12 - June 17. Since all three charts are for different periods, that would explain some of the differences in stats.

Posted: Thu Jun 25th, 2020 03:17 pm
  PM Quote Reply
566th Post
frankiej

Mana: 
frankiej wrote: it's just a matter of time, that every reader on this forum will know or hear of someone close who was/is infected and has passed because of this virus! 

My deepest condolences to my long time friend Aron Ulloa, owner of Bronco's for the loss of his sister Elinora!

Lamentable deceso de Elinora Ulloa a causa de COVID-19 - Opinión Sonora

Last edited on Thu Jun 25th, 2020 03:18 pm by frankiej

Posted: Thu Jun 25th, 2020 05:47 pm
  PM Quote Reply
567th Post
frankiej

Mana: 
the hospitals are now in a critical situation in Sonora!

Hospitales están en situación crítica en Sonora: Salud | ELIMPARCIAL.COM | Noticias de Sonora, México

Posted: Fri Jun 26th, 2020 10:28 pm
  PM Quote Reply
568th Post
Bullshipper

Mana: 
More numbers for Sonora.

Looks like they are now separating the Empalme cases from Guaymas, and of course, those infected here in SC are still in the Guaymas totals.

https://kyma.com/news/2020/06/26/hermosillo-leads-sonora-with-the-highest-cases/

7700 total cases in Sonora in 3 1/2 months, but poor AZ is now seeing 2,000 a day.

Posted: Sun Jun 28th, 2020 03:46 am
  PM Quote Reply
569th Post
frankiej

Mana: 
i think it can be assumed Arizona has a more sophisticated state wide medical service infrastructure than Sonora!
the Washington post, has declared that Arizona has lost control of the epidemic!
 that directly affects Sonora, in every way! the virus knows no boundaries!
Maricopa county is reporting more than 2000 cases a day! 
i am pasting from another news source, as the article from the Washington post requires a subscription to open!
How Arizona'lost control of the epidemic' - Houston Chronicle

Posted: Sun Jun 28th, 2020 06:30 am
  PM Quote Reply
570th Post
frankiej

Mana: 
Sunday evening. jUNE 27TH, Enrique Clausen Iberri is reporting the hospitals in Guaymas and Nogales are in a state of collapse, there are no more available beds! he is recommending on a video a complete and enforced shut down, to stay at home FOR 15 DAYS! 

open this link, scroll down to the "blue colored video" "IMFORMACION IMPORTANTE" SLIDE OVER TO ABOUT 6:40 MINUTES ON THE VIDEO TO HEAR THE WARNING AND RECOMMENDATION!

Mueren 37 infectados por Covid-19 en Sonora y se registran 238 nuevos casos - Opinión Sonora

Last edited on Sun Jun 28th, 2020 11:45 am by frankiej

Posted: Mon Jun 29th, 2020 04:06 pm
  PM Quote Reply
571st Post
Hook

Mana: 
There is also a post on what appears to be Claudia Pavlovich's Twitter account that appears to specifically address the conditions in San Carlos. I am not good at finding things on Twitter and I dont "follow" Ms. Pavlovich's tweets. So, I cant post a link to it. I found a cut and paste of it on the What's Up San Carlos Facebook forum.

Anyway, the gist of it is that people are mistaken if they think that San Carlos is safe from the virus. She seems to claim that there are many reported infections in San Carlos and that all activities should be shut down again.

If that's the case, I dont understand why she doesnt just do it? Who, in the state, has more authority than her? Unless, of course, she is precluded from countermanding some directive from the Federal government.

Maybe someone else can find the link. Cut and pasting is frowned upon on this site.

Posted: Mon Jun 29th, 2020 05:03 pm
  PM Quote Reply
572nd Post
Bullshipper

Mana: 
Pavolvich is Pri, and both Mayors of Giaymas and Hmo are Morenos.
I remember that AMLO and the military both asked the Mayor of Guaymas in 2019 if they could change the operational controls over security a few months back, and he is a Moreno too.
So I do think there are constitutional limitations. My guess is that the mayor controls her Police force under her payroll and consequentially local traffic in Guaymas and that trumps the Governor, at least until its time to negotiate state and federal budget allocations to each municipality.

Posted: Mon Jun 29th, 2020 07:05 pm
  PM Quote Reply
573rd Post
Hook

Mana: 
That's pretty amazing, if true, that the rule of political parties outweighs the rule of the office itself. That must create a lot of dysfunction, as you travel from city to city and are faced with completely different sets of rules regarding behavior. And it potentially changes from election to election. Are the changes actually codified?

We saw a situation in the state of New York where the the mayor of NY was saying he was going to open up schools in NYC and the governor had the right to countermand his order and said he would. I believe the mayor backed down.

Posted: Tue Jun 30th, 2020 02:30 am
  PM Quote Reply
574th Post
Bullshipper

Mana: 
Hook wrote: That's pretty amazing, if true, that the rule of political parties outweighs the rule of the office itself. That must create a lot of dysfunction, as you travel from city to city and are faced with completely different sets of rules regarding behavior. And it potentially changes from election to election. Are the changes actually codified?

We saw a situation in the state of New York where the the mayor of NY was saying he was going to open up schools in NYC and the governor had the right to countermand his order and said he would. I believe the mayor backed down.

You are misunderstanding me. I am saying that there are constitutional legal limitations that outweigh political affiliations.

City to city, local government jurisdiction outweighs higher authorities. Inner city traffic control is city business.

Highway are state, interstate highways are federal.

Posted: Wed Jul 1st, 2020 02:37 am
  PM Quote Reply
575th Post
Bullshipper

Mana: 
The Mayor of Guaymas said today that that are considering closing the streets.

Sounds like an empty statement to me as this has been on here desk now for days.

Slightly less traffic in Guaymas, and very light traffic in SC was my observation from 11-1230

Posted: Thu Jul 2nd, 2020 06:39 pm
  PM Quote Reply
576th Post
TrueBlue

Mana: 
More enforcement of beach and water access restrictions:

https://www.radarsonora.com/estableceran-estricta-vigilancia-para-evitar-gente-en-las-playas/

Posted: Thu Jul 2nd, 2020 08:35 pm
  PM Quote Reply
577th Post
DocD

Mana: 
I read an article that the mayor is asking for outside help to try to enforce a lockdown. 25% of the current Guaymas force is out of commision due to various illnesses as well as at risk for covid .

Posted: Thu Jul 2nd, 2020 08:36 pm
  PM Quote Reply
578th Post
Benito_Villa

Mana: 
I am seeing much more stock of good cleaning supplies and antibacterial gel locally. I am also seeing more things online. Recently on Amazon I saw 20 packs of KN95 masks on sale. If I were high risk, I would invest in a better mask to wear in public. The KN95 mask will filter out 95% of minuscule particles like the Covid virus. A cloth mask helps protect others. A KN95, N95, P2 or P3 mask helps protect oneself also.

Posted: Thu Jul 2nd, 2020 10:47 pm
  PM Quote Reply
579th Post
bartmanaz
Administrator

Mana: 
Make sure that is a legit offer from a reliable source. So many scams on these right now I am a skeptic. Even from Amazon and I love Amazon. Read the reviews and check carefully. Hospitals and first responders say they cant get them so be leery of 3rd party sellers. 

Posted: Fri Jul 3rd, 2020 01:03 am
  PM Quote Reply
580th Post
TrueBlue

Mana: 
More on closure of San Carlos and Miramar beaches.

https://opinionsonora.com/2020/07/02/cierran-acceso-a-playas-en-miramar-y-san-carlos-por-covid-19/

Current time is 04:45 am Page:  First Page Previous Page  ...  24  25  26  27  28  29  30  31  32  33  34  Next Page Last Page    
San Carlos, Sonora, Mexico Forums > Topical Forums > San Carlos Forum > Coronavirus Top

UltraBB 1.172 Copyright © 2007-2014 Data 1 Systems