San Carlos, Sonora, Mexico Forums Home 

San Carlos Mexico Forum
Welcome to our forum. In order to post in our forums you must be registered. Please take a minute to register to enjoy the full benefits of the forum. Registration is FREE and your information is kept private. When registering, please make sure your email address is entered correctly-if incorrect, you will not receive your validation message. Please do not use your email address as your user name for your own privacy and security. Gmail account users should check spam or trash folders for our validation message after initial registration. We also suggest you add host@sancarlosmexico.com to your white list.

This message board requires you to register in order to post new topics, reply to topics started by other users, start polls, or vote on polls. As a registered user, you can edit your own posts, upload photos and view our photo gallery, and send private messages to other members of the board. Registered users can keep track of the topics they are interested in, and receive e-mail notifications when someone posts to one of those topics. Registered users can choose a theme and setup a profile, to include hometown, email & web address and avatar if desired.
We do ask that you post in the appropriate forum-look over the subjects and topics of all forums including the mercado section before making your first post. Posts in the wrong forum or not related to San Carlos may be moved or deleted without notice.
Please take a moment and register to enjoy all the benefits of the forum.
Bienvenidos!

Moderated by: bartmanaz Page:  First Page Previous Page  ...  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  ...  Next Page Last Page  
New Topic Reply Printer Friendly
Coronavirus  Rate Topic 
AuthorPost
 Posted: Wed Mar 25th, 2020 08:37 pm
  PM Quote Reply
181st Post
diver45

Mana: 
Frankie, Yes post 163 is crazy. Any healthcare worker should know the difference between a inhaler and a ventilator. Big difference. The hospital I work at has been taking this very seriously, but we have had 3 confirmed cases so far. Of course many are pending. I hope the U.S. doesn't end up like Italy, it is just to early to tell and there isn't a lot of concrete data yet. I know covid is particularly worse in males and the kicker seems to be people who smoke. Of course the pre existing medical conditions as well.
Also so far PPE has not been to much of an issue, just some areas of the hospital are rationing it just in case.

Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

Posted: Wed Mar 25th, 2020 11:40 pm
  PM Quote Reply
182nd Post
TrueBlue

Mana: 
The numbers just came out from WHO for today, 3/25. 416,686 confirmed cases, 18,589 confirmed deaths, which gives a mortality rate of 4.5%. That's an increase of 43,929 cases and 2,358 deaths just since yesterday.

Mexico is listed as having 370 cases and 4 deaths.

Last edited on Wed Mar 25th, 2020 11:44 pm by TrueBlue

Posted: Wed Mar 25th, 2020 11:45 pm
  PM Quote Reply
183rd Post
bartmanaz
Administrator

Mana: 
Jimmy, I did not forget. One of my stats profs way back when, said there were 3 kinds of folks-liars, damn liars and statisticians. :D

Posted: Thu Mar 26th, 2020 12:47 am
  PM Quote Reply
184th Post
Jimmy

Mana: 
I better clarify...I am taking all of the precautions as everyone else. But, I am keeping my Cool and waiting to see the "Verified Body Count"...I am a Bible Believer and if I see 10% of the world population Die, and an Asteroid lands in the Ocean then I know the end is near....Revelations..........
Take Care All and only worry about what You Can Control---The Rest Is Out Of Your Control..so why waste limited brain power worrying about that??? 

Last edited on Thu Mar 26th, 2020 12:51 am by Jimmy

Posted: Thu Mar 26th, 2020 12:59 am
  PM Quote Reply
185th Post
bartmanaz
Administrator

Mana: 
Amen

Posted: Thu Mar 26th, 2020 02:45 am
  PM Quote Reply
186th Post
frankie

Mana: 

Merriam- Webster
Statistics; a branch of mathematics dealing with the collection, analysis, interpretation, and presentations of MASSES of numerical data!

how we;

* developed jet engines 
* fly from point "A" to point "B"
* how we where able to orbit the Earth
* travel to the moon
* send a satellite past Pluto
* know what the gas mileage that can be expected on the new vehicle you buy
( most new cars are equipped with on board computers to give you statistics) 
* how we rate our athletes and teams

it is everywhere and HAS BEEN a vital part of the advancement of humanity

i do not think this is the APOCALYPSE or ARMAGEDDON, it is what it is a "DANGEROUS, HIGHLY CONTAGIOUS, PANDEMIC VIRAL PLAGUE" !!

MOST of the global population will be in the 80% category of having little or no affect, the concern is about the percentage that will succumb, the toll which will be taken on the health care facilities and the GLOBAL EFFECT ON THE WORLD ECONOMY! 

Last edited on Thu Mar 26th, 2020 02:48 am by frankie

Posted: Thu Mar 26th, 2020 01:57 pm
  PM Quote Reply
187th Post
maryt

Mana: 
If you can listen to Spanish at all, I recommend coronavirus.gob.mx. There are links to the daily press conference given by the head of public health. Mexico is far from doing ¨nothing.¨ This man Hugo López-Gattell is pretty amazing. Doctorate in epidemiology from Johns Hopkins.

Posted: Thu Mar 26th, 2020 11:27 pm
  PM Quote Reply
188th Post
Hook

Mana: 
This afternoon, the US passed all other countries in the total number of cases. About 15k new cases, and counting, today.

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/

Of course, this is mostly due to the large increase in tests being given in the US. The US Surgeon General said Monday that this was going to be a bad week. He knew the level of increased testing.

I read that Mexico's Health minister is predicting a peak in August in Mexico. I'd say that's a prediction on when they will be able to test people to a large degree, rather than some peak in community transmission.

Posted: Fri Mar 27th, 2020 01:18 pm
  PM Quote Reply
189th Post
bartmanaz
Administrator

Mana: 
Please use restraint before posting links or articles on COVID-19 from popular media sources. All of us have our goto media that we monitor and repeating that when it does not relate to Mexico or Sonora or Guaymas-San Carlos is not necessary or welcome. This thread is about Mexico and the immediate area and let's stick to that theme.
Thanx
Bart

Posted: Fri Mar 27th, 2020 04:24 pm
  PM Quote Reply
190th Post
Jimmy

Mana: 
At the current rate, You are more likely to be killed in an auto accident than the Corona---
For you statisticians, you can research it.. 

Last edited on Fri Mar 27th, 2020 04:27 pm by Jimmy

Posted: Fri Mar 27th, 2020 04:51 pm
  PM Quote Reply
191st Post
frankie

Mana: 
i would be willing to bet, that some of the criticizers of statistics, have used a book or similar FILLED with statistics in the last month or so! 
i know personally i have relied on these types of books ALL my adult life!

Attached Image (viewed 541 times):

20200325_202538.jpg

Last edited on Fri Mar 27th, 2020 05:44 pm by frankie

Posted: Fri Mar 27th, 2020 05:04 pm
  PM Quote Reply
192nd Post
long time resident

Mana: 
I have had several friends exposed to the virus. They went and got the test, and unfortunately, are still waiting for the test results after 2 weeks. In Tucson they are not well equipped (as most of the country isn't) to deal with this in a timely manner. I am not an alarmist. It is going to get a lot worse. Please be careful and safe. It doesn't hurt to stay at home until more is known. There are many people out there that have it, are carriers, and the statistics do not even begin to show the true numbers.

Posted: Fri Mar 27th, 2020 06:35 pm
  PM Quote Reply
193rd Post
Jimmy

Mana: 
LTR-----For the last 35 years I have worked every Major and many minor Natural Disasters and Catastrophes all across the USA and Nary a One was the Government Prepared for....Even when they had some days to prepare....

In January I was sick in bed for 8 days with what I thought was the Flu...I had a fever, hacking cough and extreme fatigue (Lots of other folks in the Gila Valley were sick too around the same time)---I wonder if I had the Corona then?????

I now enter self imposed quarantine to protect myself from-The Hysterical, Gullible, Raging, Paranoid, Panicking, Masses who are certainly All going to DIE.... 

Last edited on Fri Mar 27th, 2020 06:49 pm by Jimmy

Posted: Sat Mar 28th, 2020 03:57 am
  PM Quote Reply
194th Post
IronMan

Mana: 
El Suizo wrote: After Mr. Boris got to much pressure he change his mind.

The premier or whatever you call the big boss in the Netherlands came with the same idea and he had to give in too because of to much opposition that came after him.
After Mr Boris changed his mind, he also tested positive...

Posted: Sat Mar 28th, 2020 11:31 pm
  PM Quote Reply
195th Post
Bullshipper

Mana: 
Washington states, specifically Evergreen, where it go started, is now reporting that new cases are now very infrequent.

NYC also states that cases were double every 2.5 days, and are now doubling every 4 days.

Only good news I have found.

Posted: Sun Mar 29th, 2020 01:58 am
  PM Quote Reply
196th Post
Snuffy

Mana: 
If any of you do not believe that we are involved with the greatest social experiment of all time, then carry on. I look at it as a great opportunity to live and love. Take advantage of the opportunities this experiment brings. Have a candle lit dinner with the one you love. Live people!!

Posted: Sun Mar 29th, 2020 02:00 pm
  PM Quote Reply
197th Post
bartmanaz
Administrator

Mana: 
Mexico news:

https://www.latimes.com/world-nation/story/2020-03-29/mexicos-president-shifts-tone-on-coronavirus-urges-people-to-stay-home-warns-of-dire-consequences

Latest Stats from Mexico:  https://coronavirus.gob.mx/

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2020_coronavirus_pandemic_in_Mexico

As of Mar 28, there were 10 cases in Sonora and no deaths reported.  If a breakout by Sonora locations exists, I have not found it.

Last edited on Sun Mar 29th, 2020 03:24 pm by bartmanaz

Posted: Sun Mar 29th, 2020 04:26 pm
  PM Quote Reply
198th Post
Benito_Villa

Mana: 
According to The Secretaría de Salud Sonora there are 14 cases in Sonora, 2 in Guaymas. This was posted to their facebook page yesterday.

https://www.facebook.com/secretaria.saludsonora/videos/528539084468658

New York Pulmonologist gives advice on how to protect yourself and family from Covid 19. He says 99% of the infections come from touching your face.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1P7x0dNQs_I&t=542s

Posted: Sun Mar 29th, 2020 04:53 pm
  PM Quote Reply
199th Post
bartmanaz
Administrator

Mana: 
Thanx BV. Don't have Facebook so did not find that

Posted: Sun Mar 29th, 2020 05:21 pm
  PM Quote Reply
200th Post
RichD

Mana: 
I think people are trying to find some reasonable place between cowering in fear and being irresponsible. Dr. Fauci seems to be the voice of reason though some find him pessimistic. If you want to live through this, do the simple things being suggested by the CDC and someday there will be a vaccine.

Current time is 08:01 am Page:  First Page Previous Page  ...  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  ...  Next Page Last Page    
San Carlos, Sonora, Mexico Forums > Topical Forums > San Carlos Forum > Coronavirus Top

UltraBB 1.172 Copyright © 2007-2014 Data 1 Systems