San Carlos, Sonora, Mexico Forums Home 
San Carlos, Sonora, Mexico Forums > Topical Forums > San Carlos Forum > Sad Christmas boat parade not on Christmas eve

San Carlos Mexico Forum
Welcome to our forum. In order to post in our forums you must be registered. Please take a minute to register to enjoy the full benefits of the forum. Registration is FREE and your information is kept private. When registering, please make sure your email address is entered correctly-if incorrect, you will not receive your validation message. Please do not use your email address as your user name for your own privacy and security. Gmail account users should check spam or trash folders for our validation message after initial registration. We also suggest you add host@sancarlosmexico.com to your white list.

This message board requires you to register in order to post new topics, reply to topics started by other users, start polls, or vote on polls. As a registered user, you can edit your own posts, upload photos and view our photo gallery, and send private messages to other members of the board. Registered users can keep track of the topics they are interested in, and receive e-mail notifications when someone posts to one of those topics. Registered users can choose a theme and setup a profile, to include hometown, email & web address and avatar if desired.
We do ask that you post in the appropriate forum-look over the subjects and topics of all forums including the mercado section before making your first post. Posts in the wrong forum or not related to San Carlos may be moved or deleted without notice.
Please take a moment and register to enjoy all the benefits of the forum.
Bienvenidos!

Moderated by: bartmanaz Page:    1  2  3  Next Page Last Page  
New Topic Reply Printer Friendly
Sad Christmas boat parade not on Christmas eve  Rate Topic 
AuthorPost
 Posted: Fri Nov 22nd, 2019 10:45 pm
  PM Quote Reply
1st Post
guzzi

Mana: 

Sad they moved the boat parade.

Boat Parade with Christmas Lights, 21 and 22 December in San Carlos, son. Enjoy it on the Malecon SC, beaches, easily rock, rest of the sea, Greek palapa. 🤘⛵⚓🛥🛥🛥⚓⛵

Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

Posted: Fri Nov 22nd, 2019 11:03 pm
  PM Quote Reply
2nd Post
MARIGOT

Mana: 
The Yacht Club changed the date of the annual Lighted Boat Parade at the request of the participants, who do all the work to put on the beautiful show for the residents and visitors to San Carlos.
THEY also want to enjoy Christmas Eve at home with their families, instead of working the whole time.  When checking with yacht clubs in the USA, none could be found who do their lighted parade on Christmas Eve.  And they have much larger participation because of that.

In addition, an extra night has been added, so there are two nights to view the parade.

I hope everyone enjoys the parade on Dec 21 and 22nd. (Thanks for the correction, Teresita)

It is believed there will be even more boat participants this year because it will NOT be on Christmas Eve.

Happy Holidays! 👍

Last edited on Sat Nov 23rd, 2019 11:04 pm by MARIGOT

Posted: Fri Nov 22nd, 2019 11:08 pm
  PM Quote Reply
3rd Post
390pony

Mana: 
I highly doubt they did it at the request of the participants. We participated the last five years and were not asked. We will not be participating in the future due to the poor way in which the parade was run last year and now with this change. That is too early for me to come down and get my boat ready. I'll use my boat lights to decorate my house and save the couple hundred dollars that I paid my captain to help decorate the boat and drive it. We'll go diving instead so he will still make money.

Posted: Sat Nov 23rd, 2019 12:54 am
  PM Quote Reply
4th Post
MARIGOT

Mana: 
Believe what you will, no matter to me.

Since I am one of the directors of the board of the SCYC, I have more factual, inside information than you do.

Enjoy the Lighted Boat Parade either or both nights this year! 😎🎉

Last edited on Sat Nov 23rd, 2019 12:55 am by MARIGOT

Posted: Sat Nov 23rd, 2019 12:57 am
  PM Quote Reply
5th Post
390pony

Mana: 
You may have information, so please tell me as a five-year participant why I wasn't asked? Doesn't matter, as I am out of there permanently. Poor management by the club.

Posted: Sat Nov 23rd, 2019 01:08 am
  PM Quote Reply
6th Post
guzzi

Mana: 
Also family and friends that fly down to see it would have already bought there tickets. Last min. Sucks!!

Posted: Sat Nov 23rd, 2019 01:13 am
  PM Quote Reply
7th Post
TheColoradoDude

Mana: 
Why would you change up such an awesome tradition?? What do Yacht clubs in the USA have to do with Nuevo Guaymas?

Was there an HOA violation?

Last edited on Sat Nov 23rd, 2019 01:16 am by TheColoradoDude

Posted: Sat Nov 23rd, 2019 10:55 pm
  PM Quote Reply
8th Post
teresitalyn

Mana: 
Woops, wrong dates quoted in this one, 21st and 22nd, Sat. & Sun nights.   Mexican families celebrate Christmas on Christmas Eve and I think they did this for many of the Captains and crew,  so they could spend Christmas with their families.   Sad for folks who had already made travel plans, but for the future, shouldn't be a big deal to move up plans by a couple of days.   

Posted: Sat Nov 23rd, 2019 11:33 pm
  PM Quote Reply
9th Post
390pony

Mana: 
I think they did it for the Yacht Club members, who didn't want to bother with it on Christmas Eve. My boat captain, and his brother, both loved doing the parade on Christmas Eve. They brought their kids and friends along to ride in the parade. I always asked them if this was interfering with their family plans, and they said no, they loved doing it on Christmas Eve to start off their festivities.

Posted: Sun Nov 24th, 2019 12:10 am
  PM Quote Reply
10th Post
TheColoradoDude

Mana: 
390pony wrote: I think they did it for the Yacht Club members, who didn't want to bother with it on Christmas Eve. My boat captain, and his brother, both loved doing the parade on Christmas Eve. They brought their kids and friends along to ride in the parade. I always asked them if this was interfering with their family plans, and they said no, they loved doing it on Christmas Eve to start off their festivities.

Well said

Posted: Sun Nov 24th, 2019 12:27 am
  PM Quote Reply
11th Post
guzzi

Mana: 
But that's why I said I was said sad family and friends coming down would have already bought there tickets in most cases. Should have told us sooner or made it start next year very poor management.

Last edited on Sun Nov 24th, 2019 12:29 am by guzzi

Posted: Sun Nov 24th, 2019 03:16 am
  PM Quote Reply
12th Post
maryt

Mana: 
I think the people who do all the work have the right to pick the date and time. Saturday and Sunday will work just fine for me. I am happy they continue to do it.

Posted: Sun Nov 24th, 2019 04:10 pm
  PM Quote Reply
13th Post
390pony

Mana: 
Do all the work? Those are the boat owners.

Posted: Sun Nov 24th, 2019 10:48 pm
  PM Quote Reply
14th Post
long time resident

Mana: 
Mexicans celebrate Christmas at midnight on Christmas eve. I use to love doing the boat parade with my husband who was a boat captain. Sad to see it change. I do not know one captain that didn't enjoy it.

Posted: Tue Nov 26th, 2019 02:46 am
  PM Quote Reply
15th Post
Wy Ynot

Mana: 
I agree that the lighted boat parade is an absolute San Carlos Christmas Eve tradition. We have enjoyed every one on Christmas Eve. I truly think the change will be destructive. It couldn't happen without the boat owners sacrifices. But it also won't happen without the folks cheering from the beaches and the restaurants? Why was 390 Pony/Tiburon Ballena not included or asked during decision making? The parade may be run by a board but sort of belongs to the San Carlos Community? I gotta agree with Guzzi, sad and LTR as well, captains enjoyed parading more than anyone. 

Last edited on Tue Nov 26th, 2019 02:49 am by Wy Ynot

Posted: Tue Nov 26th, 2019 02:31 pm
  PM Quote Reply
16th Post
maryt

Mana: 
We help out at an adult English class in Guaymas. We announced the change and most were excited about it being on the weekend. They said it gives them an opportunity to come and see it with their families. On Christmas Eve they have their own family traditions which often includes a late dinner and the preparations that involves.

If this is the time that the people who put all the work into planning, decorating and participating want then so be it. I can easily adapt.

Posted: Wed Nov 27th, 2019 04:54 pm
  PM Quote Reply
17th Post
long time resident

Mana: 
Another tradition that died....sad, but true.

Posted: Wed Nov 27th, 2019 05:09 pm
  PM Quote Reply
18th Post
frankie

Mana: 
maryt wrote: I can easily adapt.

this statement is profound and good advice!
people are adaptable and can conform! if it works this will be the new norm! if it doesn't, it can be changed back to Christmas Eve!

the holiday season starts with Halloween, Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Years!
 it's a time for comfort and joy! it's about peace and happiness, let us not forget!

Posted: Wed Nov 27th, 2019 06:25 pm
  PM Quote Reply
19th Post
390pony

Mana: 
I would like to know what the boat owners actually think about it. I already know of four of us who are against it.

Posted: Wed Nov 27th, 2019 06:43 pm
  PM Quote Reply
20th Post
TheColoradoDude

Mana: 
I enjoyed it thoroughly when Captain Steve/Aracely & The Hattie Annie made the decisions.

Former boat owner: WILDCARD

Last edited on Wed Nov 27th, 2019 06:46 pm by TheColoradoDude

Current time is 12:29 am Page:    1  2  3  Next Page Last Page    
San Carlos, Sonora, Mexico Forums > Topical Forums > San Carlos Forum > Sad Christmas boat parade not on Christmas eve Top

UltraBB 1.172 Copyright © 2007-2014 Data 1 Systems