San Carlos, Sonora, Mexico Forums Home 

San Carlos Mexico Forum
Welcome to our forum. In order to post in our forums you must be registered. Please take a minute to register to enjoy the full benefits of the forum. Registration is FREE and your information is kept private. When registering, please make sure your email address is entered correctly-if incorrect, you will not receive your validation message. Please do not use your email address as your user name for your own privacy and security. Gmail account users should check spam or trash folders for our validation message after initial registration. We also suggest you add host@sancarlosmexico.com to your white list.

This message board requires you to register in order to post new topics, reply to topics started by other users, start polls, or vote on polls. As a registered user, you can edit your own posts, upload photos and view our photo gallery, and send private messages to other members of the board. Registered users can keep track of the topics they are interested in, and receive e-mail notifications when someone posts to one of those topics. Registered users can choose a theme and setup a profile, to include hometown, email & web address and avatar if desired.
We do ask that you post in the appropriate forum-look over the subjects and topics of all forums including the mercado section before making your first post. Posts in the wrong forum or not related to San Carlos may be moved or deleted without notice.
Please take a moment and register to enjoy all the benefits of the forum.
Bienvenidos!

Moderated by: bartmanaz Page:  First Page Previous Page  ...  4  5  6  7  8  9   
New Topic Reply Printer Friendly
Traveling Bill Board  Rate Topic 
AuthorPost
 Posted: Fri Jan 10th, 2020 07:10 pm
  PM Quote Reply
161st Post
Bullshipper

Mana: 
johnmoore wrote: Bull, "The employees may attempt to put a lien on the property, with interest, until they are paid". You must be kidding, with what is known about the principles it stands to reason there will not be forthcoming monies for disgruntled employees.

The lawyer for the employees at the Miramar have a 25 year old pending case, and their side lot on the beach is being held as a bond for payment. This means they can't sell it, rent it, build on it, etc.

The lawyer for the owners in this marina needs to make sure that his clients are not dragged into this. For, instance, what right did the employees have in boarding up the property that is owned by someone else?

Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

Posted: Fri Jan 10th, 2020 07:48 pm
  PM Quote Reply
162nd Post
390pony

Mana: 
I'm wondering about that, too.

Posted: Sun Jan 12th, 2020 01:56 pm
  PM Quote Reply
163rd Post
johnmoore

Mana: 
Still not sure of the permanent status of shots, as far as being closed or just temporarily closed. I did speak with friends that had told me of gg involvements with shots and it's owners..Jandj. They have backed off of his financial involvement, but still cite his relationship with the owners as odd and supportive of what they were/are doing.

Posted: Mon Jan 13th, 2020 04:50 pm
  PM Quote Reply
164th Post
maryt

Mana: 
Thanks Ian. You always try to be fair. This topic is not the place to rewind up resentments against George. Enough already. Bart has made it clear in the past how he feels about that. I am very glad the situation has been resolved and hope the owner did not have to pay the extortion money.

Posted: Mon Jan 13th, 2020 06:48 pm
  PM Quote Reply
165th Post
johnmoore

Mana: 
"Thanks Ian"?????? What did he say?? Is the place open or not..MaryT?

Posted: Mon Jan 13th, 2020 08:34 pm
  PM Quote Reply
166th Post
frankie

Mana: 
hahaahha!!!! i was wondering the same.
i am great full that all concerned where able to voice their opinions here ON THIS FORUM!
dirty deeds should be exposed!
 at the minimum we are all allowed to make up our own minds!!! 

Last edited on Mon Jan 13th, 2020 08:39 pm by frankie

Posted: Mon Jan 13th, 2020 09:48 pm
  PM Quote Reply
167th Post
390pony

Mana: 
No sheep on this forum!

Posted: Mon Jan 13th, 2020 09:58 pm
  PM Quote Reply
168th Post
Caroline

Mana: 
I have been renting the space right next to Shots for the last 6 years. The Shots location is completely empty: no furniture, TVs or other items inside, the outside TVs have been removed and the front is sealed with corrugated iron with no access to the windows or doors. No idea how that all happened.

It seems to me no one should plan on having dinner there for a while. Obviously things can change as issues are worked out but as of 2:00 pm today all is quiet at the old Shots location. We sincerely miss the foot traffic in the Marina and are hoping we get some excitement going down there again. It is the most beautiful site in San Carlos and deserves to be appreciated!

Posted: Mon Jan 13th, 2020 10:09 pm
  PM Quote Reply
169th Post
390pony

Mana: 
Get some new owners there and reopen! Like the proximity to my house, but would not patronize Shots after all that came out. I don't like crooks.

Posted: Mon Jan 13th, 2020 10:12 pm
  PM Quote Reply
170th Post
frankie

Mana: 
location, location, location, the real estate mantra!
we can only hope that NEW RESPECTABLE AND HONORABLE tenants will be LEGALLY contracted and they bring a successful new venue to that location!

Posted: Tue Jan 14th, 2020 01:35 am
  PM Quote Reply
171st Post
MountainbikeVH

Mana: 
 Me and hubby were in the area today. There is a new art gallery/designer store newly opened to the left far corner as you look at Shots. The store front immediately to its right is a new brewery with full gourmet food menu going in. They are opening in February, it’s called Marvida.  I can’t wait for them to open! And yes, I hope with the rest of you, that an honest and respectable tenant moves in once the owner works through all the red tape created by the former occupants. 

Posted: Tue Jan 14th, 2020 05:44 am
  PM Quote Reply
172nd Post
JVHightower

Mana: 
I spoke to one of the partners of the new brew pub Marvida.  They are having a soft opening starting January 31st.  Seemed like a good guy, hope they do well.  

Posted: Wed Jan 15th, 2020 03:05 pm
  PM Quote Reply
173rd Post
johnmoore

Mana: 
Any sightings??

Posted: Wed Jan 15th, 2020 04:22 pm
  PM Quote Reply
174th Post
Caroline

Mana: 
Sightings of who?

Posted: Thu Jan 16th, 2020 01:38 am
  PM Quote Reply
175th Post
johnmoore

Mana: 
.......A Sonoran Yeti??

Posted: Thu Jan 16th, 2020 11:34 am
  PM Quote Reply
176th Post
Caroline

Mana: 
LOL, not recently. Still in US.

Posted: Thu Jan 16th, 2020 02:26 pm
  PM Quote Reply
177th Post
johnmoore

Mana: 
Seriously, anything seen in and around Shots, the other board is insisting they have first hand information that this is a temporary closing and will be reopening soon..

Last edited on Thu Jan 16th, 2020 02:27 pm by johnmoore

Posted: Thu Jan 16th, 2020 11:54 pm
  PM Quote Reply
178th Post
bartmanaz
Administrator

Mana: 
Please cease posting whatever Rumor Intelligence (RUMINT) the "other board" wants to propagate. It is not helpful and frankly no one here cares.

Current time is 07:44 pm Page:  First Page Previous Page  ...  4  5  6  7  8  9     
San Carlos, Sonora, Mexico Forums > Topical Forums > San Carlos Forum > Traveling Bill Board Top

UltraBB 1.172 Copyright © 2007-2014 Data 1 Systems