San Carlos, Sonora, Mexico Forums Home 

San Carlos Mexico Forum
Welcome to our forum. In order to post in our forums you must be registered. Please take a minute to register to enjoy the full benefits of the forum. Registration is FREE and your information is kept private. When registering, please make sure your email address is entered correctly-if incorrect, you will not receive your validation message. Please do not use your email address as your user name for your own privacy and security. Gmail account users should check spam or trash folders for our validation message after initial registration. We also suggest you add host@sancarlosmexico.com to your white list.

This message board requires you to register in order to post new topics, reply to topics started by other users, start polls, or vote on polls. As a registered user, you can edit your own posts, upload photos and view our photo gallery, and send private messages to other members of the board. Registered users can keep track of the topics they are interested in, and receive e-mail notifications when someone posts to one of those topics. Registered users can choose a theme and setup a profile, to include hometown, email & web address and avatar if desired.
We do ask that you post in the appropriate forum-look over the subjects and topics of all forums including the mercado section before making your first post. Posts in the wrong forum or not related to San Carlos may be moved or deleted without notice.
Please take a moment and register to enjoy all the benefits of the forum.
Bienvenidos!

Moderated by: bartmanaz
New Topic Reply Printer Friendly
what happened  Rate Topic 
AuthorPost
 Posted: Mon Sep 9th, 2019 01:58 pm
  PM Quote Reply
1st Post
frankie

Mana: 
i thought i would start a new thread! many of the other threads are being hijacked from the original theme! the discourse is very similar and IMHO needs to have civil dialog!
p.s. civil dialog, venting and especially extreme venting should be kept in the confines of a PM!!

i'll start with this topic; HEATH INSURANCE
i paid into our social security system all my working life, i always had heath insurance, as a youth under 21 provided for me by my parents. after 21 i provided for me, my spouse and my children! my parents ingrained the importance of having insurance in me, until i was able to retire and reap the benefits I PAID INTO all my working life!
from about age 55 there was a lot of nervousness on my part, that the monies i funded for me would NOT be there!! 
well i arrived and there was funding, i started with medicare at 65 and at 66 my minimal pension!
there was only ONE year in my entire life i did not have heath insurance at age 65! we were all told we could keep our private heath insurance! mine dropped me when i was about 62!!! i maintained a policy that would cover me in mexico! it would raise it's premiums every year, until i could not afford it! 
being in fairly good health i ran the risk to wait till my medicare arrived! one full year, to date i still have not used my medicare benefits A & B!! by the way i pay for B out of my social security pension!
I MAINTAINED HEATH INSURANCE ALL MY LIFE I PAID INTO THE SYSTEM ALL MY LIFE!
B.S. IF ANYONE IS ENTITLED TO MORE THAN ME AS A LEGAL OR ILLEGAL IMMIGRANT!!!!!!

Last edited on Mon Sep 9th, 2019 06:33 pm by frankie

Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

Posted: Mon Sep 9th, 2019 02:10 pm
  PM Quote Reply
2nd Post
frankie

Mana: 
next topic: 2nd amendment ownership of firearms

i have already posted my views on other threads!
i believe in the 2nd amendment!
that said in the definition of an amendment is to amend, then the current ineffective laws need to be amended!
many have posted on other threads they fill safer here in Mexico than in the USA, I AM ONE OF THEM!!!
if we expected to live in a civil world we have to lead by EXAMPLE!! 

Posted: Mon Sep 9th, 2019 02:12 pm
  PM Quote Reply
3rd Post
frankie

Mana: 
topoic #3; political affiliation;

i'll start with this what happened to being a patriotic citizen without the label of a party?????

Posted: Mon Sep 9th, 2019 02:45 pm
  PM Quote Reply
4th Post
frankie

Mana: 
IMMIGRATION;
we all came from immigrants, even the indigenous peoples!!

Last edited on Mon Sep 9th, 2019 03:10 pm by frankie

Posted: Mon Sep 9th, 2019 02:52 pm
  PM Quote Reply
5th Post
johnmoore

Mana: 
I did not immigrate, I was born in the U.S.

Posted: Mon Sep 9th, 2019 03:14 pm
  PM Quote Reply
6th Post
frankie

Mana: 
john, i edited my post! 
i was born in Phoenix,Arizona in 1952. the child of U S citizens, and the grandson of 
U S citizens!

Posted: Mon Sep 9th, 2019 03:18 pm
  PM Quote Reply
7th Post
repsilon

Mana: 
Frank. You sound as bored as myself! Maybe we need the topic of good books to read. I should figure out how to get e-books.

Posted: Mon Sep 9th, 2019 03:22 pm
  PM Quote Reply
8th Post
frankie

Mana: 
bryan, there are a lot of voices out there that want to vent!! look, just this morning how many went off topic on the other threads!
i do have a lot of time on my hands, I AM RETIRED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted: Mon Sep 9th, 2019 03:34 pm
  PM Quote Reply
9th Post
MARIGOT

Mana: 
Repsilon, here’s a link to 25 places to get free Kindle ebooks.  Have fun!

https://www.lifewire.com/places-to-get-free-kindle-books-1357954

Posted: Mon Sep 9th, 2019 03:37 pm
  PM Quote Reply
10th Post
bartmanaz
Administrator

Mana: 
If you want to just vent, please visit Yahoo or similar forums. This one is about San Carlos...period

Posted: Mon Sep 9th, 2019 03:38 pm
  PM Quote Reply
11th Post
johnmoore

Mana: 
Frankie, I knew what you meant, and I knew you were not using the phrase,"we are all immigrants", as it is being used today, to excuse poor and illegal behavior.

Posted: Mon Sep 9th, 2019 03:42 pm
  PM Quote Reply
12th Post
MARIGOT

Mana: 
And I, for one, appreciate Bart locking the other thread.  Really can’t stand political talk.
If I wanted to be exposed to politics, I would watch the news, which I don’t.

On this topic thread of ‘what happened’?  My answer is GREED and power struggle.

I haven’t lived in the USA for 10 years and I’m still too angry about the medical and insurance industries there to be able to speak calmly about them.

Good thing I have more enjoyable things to do in San Carlos, and good ebooks to read! 😎👍

OOPS! Sorry, Bart.  I was typing this when your above post came in.

Last edited on Mon Sep 9th, 2019 03:44 pm by MARIGOT

Posted: Mon Sep 9th, 2019 03:53 pm
  PM Quote Reply
13th Post
long time resident

Mana: 
Sorry Bart.....

Posted: Mon Sep 9th, 2019 04:43 pm
  PM Quote Reply
14th Post
frankie

Mana: 
bartmanaz wrote: This one is about San Carlos...period

that is why i started this thread, with good intentions!
* "insurance" most of the "expats" who live here in San Carlos are concerned about health care! the majority of us are senior citizens, with "medicare"! economically most of us can afford medical and dental expenses here out of pocket, because of it being inexpensive to do so! 
* "2nd amendment" the gun violence here is directly related to our current firearms laws!
* "immigration" recently because of border restrictions, it has affected travelers to and from San Carlos.
* "political affiliation" hind site probably unintentionally crossed the line!!! SORRY!!!

IMHO, valuable dialogue can be maintained, if the "extreme" venting is made in PM's!

Last edited on Mon Sep 9th, 2019 08:56 pm by frankie

Current time is 07:41 pm  
San Carlos, Sonora, Mexico Forums > Topical Forums > San Carlos Forum > what happened Top

UltraBB 1.172 Copyright © 2007-2014 Data 1 Systems