San Carlos, Sonora, Mexico Forums Home 
San Carlos, Sonora, Mexico Forums > Topical Forums > San Carlos Forum > Guaymas/Empalme police about to undergo a cleansing

San Carlos Mexico Forum
Welcome to our forum. In order to post in our forums you must be registered. Please take a minute to register to enjoy the full benefits of the forum. Registration is FREE and your information is kept private. When registering, please make sure your email address is entered correctly-if incorrect, you will not receive your validation message. Please do not use your email address as your user name for your own privacy and security. Gmail account users should check spam or trash folders for our validation message after initial registration. We also suggest you add host@sancarlosmexico.com to your white list.

This message board requires you to register in order to post new topics, reply to topics started by other users, start polls, or vote on polls. As a registered user, you can edit your own posts, upload photos and view our photo gallery, and send private messages to other members of the board. Registered users can keep track of the topics they are interested in, and receive e-mail notifications when someone posts to one of those topics. Registered users can choose a theme and setup a profile, to include hometown, email & web address and avatar if desired.
We do ask that you post in the appropriate forum-look over the subjects and topics of all forums including the mercado section before making your first post. Posts in the wrong forum or not related to San Carlos may be moved or deleted without notice.
Please take a moment and register to enjoy all the benefits of the forum.
Bienvenidos!

Moderated by: bartmanaz Page:    1  2  3  Next Page Last Page  
New Topic Printer Friendly
Guaymas/Empalme police about to undergo a cleansing  Rate Topic 
AuthorPost
 Posted: Tue Sep 3rd, 2019 05:24 am

1st Post
Hook

Mana: 
According to the story below, the municipal police forces in Guaymas and Empalme (this includes San Carlos, of course, as part of Guaymas) have been infiltrated by organized crime. This is according to the Secretary of National Defense, Luis Cresencio Sandoval. This is a cabinet-level guy who reports directly to AMLO.

As a result, these will be the first municipal police forces in Mexico to undergo a cleansing process by SEDENA, which is basically the new military leadership that has been placed over the municipal police force. The cleansing was supposed to begin today. It seems the military hierarchy feels they have enough evidence on individuals to begin the purge. Elements of the new National Guard are supposedly already in place, to take up the slack.

Well, the further increase in slack. Apparently, the state of Sonora, overall, has a deficit of about 40% of the municipal police than it should have. As a result of the police forces being targeted by organized crime over the last year, many officers have quit. 

Have those of you down there witnessed any increase in the number of National Guard units patrolling San Carlos?

I cant help wondering what all these cleansed officers are going to take up as their new livelihood.

https://www.radarsonora.com/inicia-sedena-depuracion-en-la-policia-municipal-guaymas-empalme/

Posted: Tue Sep 3rd, 2019 07:08 am

2nd Post
Bullshipper

Mana: 
The National Guard has been an institution in Mexico for over 50 years, but in this case is the new name they are using for all Policemen now, and will be directed by the Sectretaria of Defense (SEDENA) as previously mentioned.
They are currently advertising for 50,000 new civilian applicants. As more recruits are trained, more turnover will occur, and since the cops have known about this, ranks are naturally currently down, as they wait to be hired instead of signing up just to get branded and fired in the short term.
This is a done deal as it has now been approved by congress, senate and all the state governments in the republic.

Posted: Tue Sep 3rd, 2019 01:21 pm

3rd Post
MARIGOT

Mana: 
Well, I have definitely noticed an increase in militarily dressed (uniformed) men in trucks.  Whether they are National Guard, I don’t know.  Some of the trucks have ‘marina’ on them.

Posted: Tue Sep 3rd, 2019 01:51 pm

4th Post
Caroline

Mana: 
When things aren't working in the corporate world there is a change of leadership and strategy.  This is a common approach to creating a successful business.  Constantly evaluate what is happening and make improvements.  Usually a winning strategy.  The status quo doesn't yield change.  Kind of like doing the same thing over and over expecting to get a different result.  People call that insanity.

So that said, we can only hope the new security structure and management approach will help change things for the security of all of us who live in Mexico.  But the cartels have a big head start on this front and there are billions at stake for them.  They will likely find another business model as they have over the years.  They are responsible for big business in the US already.  Cartels are mainly big transport companies really bringing immigrant people, then marijuana, then different drugs like Oxycontin then onto Fentenal.  Who know what is next.

They are excellent accessing the needs of the people of the US and then filling those needs by whatever means possible.   Sure they have no code of "don't do bad things" to achieve their goals so the sky is really the limit.  They are the ultimate capitalists without any morals or rules. 

I do not delude myself with the thought that suddenly everyone will start to do what is best for the people and the country and the planet.  This is no different that what is happening all over the world in all places driven by greed and gluttony.  

We can hope to enjoy a better period of transition and implementation of the new "model" until they the bad guys figure out how to best corrupt it.  

So for now, enjoy every minute of your day while we can but keep your eyes open.

Posted: Tue Sep 3rd, 2019 03:29 pm

5th Post
frankie

Mana: 
lately i have been seeing uniformed military driving around. sometimes in unmarked pickups! they are here!!
regarding the opioid epidemic in the USA, that was home grown by USA pharmaceutical companies, NOW THEY ARE PAYING OUT BILLIONS IN COMPENSATION!

Posted: Tue Sep 3rd, 2019 03:45 pm

6th Post
SStewart

Mana: 
Frankie, isn't that about the same as blaming fire arm manufacturers for the killing epidemic in the U.S.? By the way the model is now set for other legal actions on other industries, i.e.,gun manufacturers.

Posted: Tue Sep 3rd, 2019 03:56 pm

7th Post
frankie

Mana: 

the actions of individuals and or corporations need to be responsible for their actions direct or indirect,  that is a functional society!

i have been a gun owner ALL my life! 
i went through firearms training at age 10

all my guns in the USA are registered in a gun safe!
here i have guns again all registered and in a safe!
the difference here is i was heavily VETTED to have them!
* i have to be an annual member of a gun club
* ALL my guns had to be registered with the military
* i am a licensed guide
* i was finger printed
* front and side photos of my face
* letter of good standing from the chief of police in my home town"Tucson"
* letter of good standing from the chief of police Guaymas , Sonora!
* i renew my hunting license annually
* i renew my guide license annually
* i renew my transportation permits annually!
it's a system that works and could be used in the USA!!

there are certain firearms that should not be in public hands as easily as they are now!
if you have the desire to own these firearms, there should be no problem getting vetted to own them! 
there are already programs that allow for full automatic and silenced weapons, YOU RARELY IF EVER HEAR OF PROBLEMS WITH THESE FIREARMS!!!!!!!
VETTING WORKS AND SHOULD NOT BE FEARED!!

P.S .the tobacco companies had to pay up, now the chemical companies and pharmaceutical companies! the courts made the judgement, not you or I !!!

Last edited on Tue Sep 3rd, 2019 04:14 pm by frankie

Posted: Tue Sep 3rd, 2019 04:16 pm

8th Post
GOIT

Mana: 
The system only restricts the people willing to abide by the system, it is very apparent that the criminals ignore the system and have plenty of firepower to wreak havoc on the unarmed civilians.

Posted: Tue Sep 3rd, 2019 04:28 pm

9th Post
frankie

Mana: 
the current USA system is broken!! and has been!
i am pro 2nd amendment!
for law abiding rational people!
why fear proper firearms instruction?
why fear having to register your firearms?
if i want a full auto, i get vetted and can own one, whats wrong with that?

we have a problem, we abused having to MUCH of a good thing! we lost control!

safe guards need to be placed for the security of all!

Last edited on Tue Sep 3rd, 2019 04:29 pm by frankie

Posted: Tue Sep 3rd, 2019 04:44 pm

10th Post
johnmoore

Mana: 
I agree with ALL of you, starting with post #6. Post number six is saying that the precedent to blame manufacturers instead of irresponsible consumers, could be applied to any sort of business (legal)..My take is the U.S. and world is no longer into personal responsibility.

Posted: Tue Sep 3rd, 2019 05:12 pm

11th Post
frankie

Mana: 

Last edited on Tue Sep 3rd, 2019 08:34 pm by frankie

Posted: Tue Sep 3rd, 2019 07:50 pm

12th Post
Hook

Mana: 
Bullshipper, what was this entity that you say was a national guard for the last 50 years called? 

The one patrolling the border now (not why they were created, but Trump forced AMLO's with his tariff threats) is a completely new entity created since AMLO took office.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-immigration-mexico-security/mexicos-new-national-guard-was-created-to-fight-crime-but-now-its-in-a-face-off-with-migrants-idUSKCN1U20HU

Posted: Tue Sep 3rd, 2019 07:56 pm

13th Post
Hook

Mana: 
This article claims that the Navy has taken over the functions of the municipal police in Guaymas, and AMLO says it's a unique situation because local leaders requested direct help.

I cant imagine it will stay unique to Sonora, if it begins to work. Other local leaders will call for it. There are many places in Mexico much worse off than the Guaymas/Empalme/Hermosillo areas.

https://www.radarsonora.com/marinos-como-policias-municipales-solo-en-sonora/

Posted: Tue Sep 3rd, 2019 08:29 pm

14th Post
Bullshipper

Mana: 
Hook wrote: Bullshipper, what was this entity that you say was a national guard for the last 50 years called? 

The one patrolling the border now (not why they were created, but Trump forced AMLO's with his tariff threats) is a completely new entity created since AMLO took office.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-immigration-mexico-security/mexicos-new-national-guard-was-created-to-fight-crime-but-now-its-in-a-face-off-with-migrants-idUSKCN1U20HU

Here is one reference I found that coincides with what I posted earlier in English. If you look under History in the article, you'll get the gist of it even though its in Spanish. It's been called Guardia Naccional since the early 1900's, and its now called Guardia Naccional but with their duties expanded to now play a more prominent role as policemen using military surveillance and direct supervision.
https://es.wikipedia.org/wiki/Guardia_Nacional_de_M%C3%A9xico

The new mayor of Guaymas is a Moreno Party member, and since elected has suffered a huge increase in local crime that is putting a black eye on AMLO's national plan. So I imagine that they look at Guaymas as a small location that will be easier to get under control than a city like Cullican where the stakes are higher. We are the low hanging fruit in other words.

Marina literally mean Marines, and like in the states, they can move and fight on land and water, and have been the trusted cartel police over the last 2 sexenios that grabbed most of the high profile guys like Chapo. I can only imagine that the US funding and survellence assistance is still influencing this move to have tthe same military control take a larger role as the DEA long ago understood that any insider information given to other sources was fed directly to the Cartel by "trusted" police and politicians.

You will also recall that the citizens of Guererro, Mich, Nayarit and Oaxxca formed their own volunteer armed police force, but that some of these were really just opposing cartels wanting to take over areas of distributions under the guise that they were honest, so this policy move by AMLO is smart as it puts the federal, state, municipal, military and now Guardia Naccional under one commander to centralize responsibility into a single body that will be measured by a simple statistic like murders per year. and it also cuts down on so many sources leaking to the press.

My guess is that they will do a better job on big story crimes, but that they will not be trying to answer complaints for the smaller petty stuff like the municipal police did.

Last edited on Tue Sep 3rd, 2019 08:37 pm by Bullshipper

Posted: Tue Sep 3rd, 2019 09:01 pm

15th Post
Hook

Mana: 
Everything you posted makes sense. Now, for the pudding; hopefully served by the Guarda Nacional.

There is another article on Mexico Daily News about this whole plan. Not much new, except a stat I had not seen before. Through July of this year, homicides had increased 50% over a year ago, in Sonora. Those homicides included 17 police officers.

Posted: Tue Sep 3rd, 2019 09:02 pm

16th Post
GOIT

Mana: 
Post #7 reads:

"all my guns in the USA are registered in a gun safe!here i have guns again all registered and in a safe!the difference here is i was heavily VETTED to have them!* i have to be an annual member of a gun club* ALL my guns had to be registered with the military* i am a licensed guide* i was finger printed* front and side photos of my face* letter of good standing from the chief of police in my home town"Tucson"* letter of good standing from the chief of police Guaymas , Sonora!* i renew my hunting license annually* i renew my guide license annually* i renew my transportation permits annually!it's a system that works and could be used in the USA!!"

[size=I am not sure what the criteria is for determining that the system works, but believe that most people would say that all the bloodshed indicates the system does NOT work.]
[size=
]

[size=
]

Posted: Tue Sep 3rd, 2019 09:20 pm

17th Post
frankie

Mana: 
the thread is about the Guardia National being activated here!
i made a comment responding to the opiod epidemic!
then we got off track!

gun violence is one of the prominent reasons why the Guardia National has been activated!

* where do a MAJORITY of the illegal guns here in Mexico come from?
* why does it appear they are so prevalent?

here is what i think;
 if my neighbor's home has a sever termite problem, i am going to have the same sever problem!
 if he treats his home and i treat mine, the problem is solved!

Posted: Tue Sep 3rd, 2019 09:21 pm

18th Post
Hook

Mana: 
GOIT wrote: The system only restricts the people willing to abide by the system, it is very apparent that the criminals ignore the system and have plenty of firepower to wreak havoc on the unarmed civilians.

And this is the reason why there is so little political will to make wholesale changes in restricting gun ownership. Criminals, by definition, don't obey  the law. The restrictions will only affect law-abiding citizens, and impair their ability to defend themselves. As we have seen, police can't be everywhere. Sensible people realize this is the reality of the situation. I also support the Second Amendment.

But these weapons that allow mass-killings with rapid firing and high capacity magazines have to be curtailed somehow. At least it might bring down the sheer numbers of deaths per incident. You dont need these weapons to provide yourself with personal protection.

Posted: Tue Sep 3rd, 2019 09:39 pm

19th Post
frankie

Mana: 
Hook wrote:

But these weapons that allow mass-killings with rapid firing and high capacity magazines have to be curtailed somehow. At least it might bring down the sheer numbers of deaths per incident. You dont need these weapons to provide yourself with personal protection.

people ask me all the time what would be the best home defense firearm for them!
they never ask me about firearms instruction or firearms skill courses!

that is part of the problem. there are to many people wanting firearms for the first time, not so much for sports but for personal defense! never even considering taking educational courses!

growing up in the southwest it was and is part of the culture! many don't have or were raised with that culture!

Posted: Tue Sep 3rd, 2019 11:11 pm

20th Post
Bullshipper

Mana: 
I personally think there are a lot more crazy, aggressive loonies in our good ol USA than we like to admit. That and their easy access to machine type guns and ammo creates a problem.Both are a problem, and one compounds the other.

But what do you do if you know a few that you consider dangerous to themselves or others?

Its not a crime until after you hurt others, yet we all say we want to prevent accidents. How would someone that goes to a bar every afternoon feel if I reported him as a driving danger? Its not something you can do anything about until he is caught driving or hurting someone behind the wheel.

Could we actually test people to see if they are mentally fit to possess weapons, just like we require driving tests before letting you drive?

We test high school and college kids weekly in school for abc's, but should we also requiring normality tests there and every 5 years after to help identify who is dangerous to society or not?

This is not a cure all, but would it send a message and maybe help a little? I have been a hunter and respect individual rights, but I also think that school kids and the general public has the individual right to personal safety, or at least to understand that everyone that votes will try to take some steps to identify trouble makers prior to giving them powerful tools to commit mass crimes. 

Last edited on Tue Sep 3rd, 2019 11:21 pm by Bullshipper

Current time is 07:39 pm Page:    1  2  3  Next Page Last Page    
San Carlos, Sonora, Mexico Forums > Topical Forums > San Carlos Forum > Guaymas/Empalme police about to undergo a cleansing Top

UltraBB 1.172 Copyright © 2007-2014 Data 1 Systems