San Carlos, Sonora, Mexico Forums Home 
San Carlos, Sonora, Mexico Forums > Topical Forums > San Carlos Forum > Firearms,Ammunition,Explosive Round UP

San Carlos Mexico Forum
Welcome to our forum. In order to post in our forums you must be registered. Please take a minute to register to enjoy the full benefits of the forum. Registration is FREE and your information is kept private. When registering, please make sure your email address is entered correctly-if incorrect, you will not receive your validation message. Please do not use your email address as your user name for your own privacy and security. Gmail account users should check spam or trash folders for our validation message after initial registration. We also suggest you add host@sancarlosmexico.com to your white list.

This message board requires you to register in order to post new topics, reply to topics started by other users, start polls, or vote on polls. As a registered user, you can edit your own posts, upload photos and view our photo gallery, and send private messages to other members of the board. Registered users can keep track of the topics they are interested in, and receive e-mail notifications when someone posts to one of those topics. Registered users can choose a theme and setup a profile, to include hometown, email & web address and avatar if desired.
We do ask that you post in the appropriate forum-look over the subjects and topics of all forums including the mercado section before making your first post. Posts in the wrong forum or not related to San Carlos may be moved or deleted without notice.
Please take a moment and register to enjoy all the benefits of the forum.
Bienvenidos!

Moderated by: bartmanaz
New Topic Reply Printer Friendly
Firearms,Ammunition,Explosive Round UP  Rate Topic 
AuthorPost
 Posted: Mon Jul 22nd, 2019 10:21 pm
  PM Quote Reply
1st Post
frankie

Mana: 
i heard twice on the radio this afternoon, 7/22/19 approximately 1;30 again at 2:30 that the authorities are sponsoring a round up of firearms , ammunition and explosives! they are promising compensation for the items brought in!

Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

Posted: Tue Jul 23rd, 2019 12:15 am
  PM Quote Reply
2nd Post
johnmoore

Mana: 
With the exception of ranchers, hunters and guides, like you Frankie, I hope the compensation is 3 hots and a cot.

Last edited on Tue Jul 23rd, 2019 12:15 am by johnmoore

Posted: Tue Jul 23rd, 2019 02:17 am
  PM Quote Reply
3rd Post
Bullshipper

Mana: 
Leon wrote: Considering being armed. Is there much red tape to buy and availability seems difficult. Is open carry perfered?

Very hard to legally own a handgun in Mexico unless you work in some specific capacity for the government or cash carrying trucks as far as I know.

Shotguns and hunting rifles can be registered at the military base in Hmo and kept at your residence, but any transportation requires that you belong to a gun club, are going to a sanctioned event, or have a hunting and a transport permit which are expensive, good for one only year, and they will make you jump through the hoops to apply and renew. 

I think its runs close to $200 per barrel a year, but its been years since I gave mine up becaise of the hassle. Violators usually go to jail.

Posted: Tue Jul 23rd, 2019 03:07 am
  PM Quote Reply
4th Post
frankie

Mana: 

you can own certain caliber rifles, shotguns, and pistols!

the Mexican constitution provides for that for it's qualified citizens and qualified foreigners.

legally these firearms need to be registered as bullshipper described! 
legally owning a firearm and transporting one are two different things!

bullshipper describes most of the process in his second sentence! 

there are firearms that qualify as hunting guns and that type of transportation permit.  there are firearms that do not qualify in that category, and most likely qualify in the competition transportation permit!
two distinct types of transportation permits, with two distinct laws governing each category!

Last edited on Tue Jul 23rd, 2019 06:32 pm by frankie

Posted: Tue Jul 23rd, 2019 06:11 am
  PM Quote Reply
5th Post
frankie

Mana: 
p.s. my ownership of firearms rifles, shotguns, pistols are federally registered.

my transportation permits for my 1) hunting firearms and 2) my competition firearms, are  regional. 
IE; all of the following states and only these states, Sonora, Sinaloa, Chihuahua, Baja California!

the following is required for the two transportation permits;
* annual gun club membership
* annual transportation permits

to hunt all of the above plus an annual hunting license 
* a tag for the species your are hunting, IE; dove, duck, mule deer, whitetail deer, javalina, turkey, bighorn sheep, ect.

i personally apply annually for all of the above PLUS my guides license.
 i am a licensed guide in the state of Sonora! which places me in a different level with a GREATER VETTING process!
 i am legally authorized to allow qualified foreigners importation of their legally qualifying firearms! 
the VETTING process is vast, requiring photos front and side, finger printing, ect:

Last edited on Tue Jul 23rd, 2019 06:36 pm by frankie

Posted: Sun Jul 28th, 2019 03:41 pm
  PM Quote Reply
6th Post
pturner

Mana: 
If someone wanted to bring a hunting shotgun from the US to San Carlos where would you go at the Nogales border crossing to have it registered so that you could transport it to San Carlos? Is it even possible?

Posted: Sun Jul 28th, 2019 04:54 pm
  PM Quote Reply
7th Post
bartmanaz
Administrator

Mana: 
Read Frankie's posts 6 & 7 carefully. You need to be vetted first and don't believe that can happen at the border. If you want to hunt contact him. He is a licensed guide and has the weapons available. Cheaper in the long run than going thru the process to bring your own

Last edited on Sun Jul 28th, 2019 04:55 pm by bartmanaz

Posted: Mon Jul 29th, 2019 05:12 am
  PM Quote Reply
8th Post
Bullshipper

Mana: 
pturner wrote: If someone wanted to bring a hunting shotgun from the US to San Carlos where would you go at the Nogales border crossing to have it registered so that you could transport it to San Carlos? Is it even possible?

No way at the border. There is a posted warning against doing that at all Mexico border crossings. If you cross any firearm without a permit, prior to crossing, you will likely spend at least 6 months in a Mexican jail. Same goes for air travel.

Posted: Mon Jul 29th, 2019 02:36 pm
  PM Quote Reply
9th Post
Jimmy

Mana: 
Jail for ammunition too...A US Marine was sentenced to 5 years for crossing into mexico from California with just ONE 45 cal cartridge in his car...He forgot it was there. It took months of diplomatic wrangling to spring him...    

Posted: Mon Jul 29th, 2019 06:06 pm
  PM Quote Reply
10th Post
Hook

Mana: 
So, when is the "sell back" to the cartels after the "buy back" from citizens? ;)

Current time is 09:16 pm  
San Carlos, Sonora, Mexico Forums > Topical Forums > San Carlos Forum > Firearms,Ammunition,Explosive Round UP Top

UltraBB 1.172 Copyright © 2007-2014 Data 1 Systems