San Carlos, Sonora, Mexico Forums Home 

San Carlos Mexico Forum
Welcome to our forum. In order to post in our forums you must be registered. Please take a minute to register to enjoy the full benefits of the forum. Registration is FREE and your information is kept private. When registering, please make sure your email address is entered correctly-if incorrect, you will not receive your validation message. Please do not use your email address as your user name for your own privacy and security. Gmail account users should check spam or trash folders for our validation message after initial registration. We also suggest you add host@sancarlosmexico.com to your white list.

This message board requires you to register in order to post new topics, reply to topics started by other users, start polls, or vote on polls. As a registered user, you can edit your own posts, upload photos and view our photo gallery, and send private messages to other members of the board. Registered users can keep track of the topics they are interested in, and receive e-mail notifications when someone posts to one of those topics. Registered users can choose a theme and setup a profile, to include hometown, email & web address and avatar if desired.
We do ask that you post in the appropriate forum-look over the subjects and topics of all forums including the mercado section before making your first post. Posts in the wrong forum or not related to San Carlos may be moved or deleted without notice.
Please take a moment and register to enjoy all the benefits of the forum.
Bienvenidos!

Moderated by: bartmanaz Page:    1  2  3  4  Next Page Last Page  
New Topic Reply Printer Friendly
Is it safe to come to San Carlos  Rate Topic 
AuthorPost
 Posted: Sun Jul 7th, 2019 02:24 am
  PM Quote Reply
1st Post
Coppertone

Mana: 
Hi. I am new. We want to come to San Carlos to see if we want to move there, but we have seen some news stories that concern us. Can anyone tell us what is going on?

Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

Posted: Sun Jul 7th, 2019 01:04 pm
  PM Quote Reply
2nd Post
repsilon

Mana: 
It's perfectly safe. I've never heard a gun shot here (less New Year's Eve), but heard them nightly in Tucson and had a shootout down my street. You know what to do if you ever hear a shot. What you read about ate calculated killings, which you most likely will never even hear the shot fired.

Posted: Sun Jul 7th, 2019 02:04 pm
  PM Quote Reply
3rd Post
frankie

Mana: 
San Carlos is a wonderful place to visit and live! the weekends full of tourists is evidence of San Carlos's popularity! from fisherman in our local tournaments to people just enjoying the sun!
in any travels anywhere you take precaution, San Carlos is no different!
welcome and have a good time!   

Posted: Sun Jul 7th, 2019 02:42 pm
  PM Quote Reply
4th Post
Coppertone

Mana: 
Thank you. Very reassuring. What kinds of precautions should we take, if you don't mind me asking?

Posted: Sun Jul 7th, 2019 02:54 pm
  PM Quote Reply
5th Post
frankie

Mana: 
drive in the day! any hiway anywhere is safer in the day than the night! the border opens at 6:00 am at the mariposa crossing! bring your sunblock!
drive safely and enjoy yourself here!!

Posted: Sun Jul 7th, 2019 03:39 pm
  PM Quote Reply
6th Post
Wy Ynot

Mana: 
I agree, drive in the day time and avoid animals that avoid foraging in the sunny time of day, LOL. Bring your brain and everyday smarts along with suntan lotion and enjoy the beaches and folks of San Carlos. Just make certain you Google Sonora San Carlos, not Arizona or the Baja!! Ron

Posted: Sun Jul 7th, 2019 03:50 pm
  PM Quote Reply
7th Post
Coppertone

Mana: 
You must have lived in a bad part of Tucson?

Posted: Sun Jul 7th, 2019 11:55 pm
  PM Quote Reply
8th Post
chucklesg

Mana: 
Tuscon has 1 -2 killings a night, and it is too bad the news media there can not find something else to report. It's shootings, sex, and fires!  Ch 4,9, 13!

Posted: Mon Jul 8th, 2019 01:18 am
  PM Quote Reply
9th Post
repsilon

Mana: 
The stash houses are in good neighborhoods. You hear the shots nightly downtown, not central Downtown necessarily.

Posted: Mon Jul 8th, 2019 03:20 pm
  PM Quote Reply
10th Post
will rogers

Mana: 
One to two killings per night? What BS. That adds up to 365 to 730 killings per year. I think it's about average 70-75 per year. Wait a minute I'm talking about Tucson. You are talking about Tuscon, never heard of it.

Posted: Mon Jul 8th, 2019 03:58 pm
  PM Quote Reply
11th Post
long time resident

Mana: 
Living in Tucson, I have not heard any gun shots Brian. I live in the central part, and it is safe. Hardly ever lock my doors. Lived in San Carlos for 35 years, and it is also safe. About the same safeness.....Be aware of your surroundings, and think, like anywhere else.

Posted: Mon Jul 8th, 2019 09:11 pm
  PM Quote Reply
12th Post
repsilon

Mana: 
O.k., closer to Stone or south of campus.

Posted: Mon Jul 8th, 2019 09:12 pm
  PM Quote Reply
13th Post
repsilon

Mana: 
Maybe all the helicopters have stopped that.

Posted: Tue Jul 9th, 2019 05:03 pm
  PM Quote Reply
14th Post
maryt

Mana: 
Back to San Carlos. You ask a valid question. I have lived 6 months a year in San Carlos since 2006. I have always felt safe. We help out at a school for adults in Guaymas (Cetati 23) and often would be returning to San Carlos at night.

However, I am not sticking my head in the sand about the unprecedented level of attacks on police that have been happening - sometimes in broad daylight and in places (like next to Walmart) where locals and visitors might be. To date, we have not seen this in San Carlos. It makes me very sad and comparing it to Tucson is not much help in my opinion.

Do I think you would be safe? Yes, I do. But in terms of looking at it as a future place to live, I would not be buying right now. I would want to rent and wait and see if the Mexican government is able to bring back the peace and safety we had before.

Posted: Tue Jul 9th, 2019 11:01 pm
  PM Quote Reply
15th Post
diver45

Mana: 
Totally agree. Our family has been in San Carlos since 1965, the events that have been happening in Guaymas/Empalme , and Obregon is really incredible. However, yes San Carlos is relatively safe, just no police to protect you really.

Posted: Wed Jul 10th, 2019 12:58 am
  PM Quote Reply
16th Post
Hook

Mana: 
chucklesg wrote: Tuscon has 1 -2 killings a night, and it is too bad the news media there can not find something else to report. It's shootings, sex, and fires!  Ch 4,9, 13!

Really, sex is going on? Is that now a crime, too? AZ is a pretty conservative state, so I guess it's possible.

Man, what a dangerous town Tucson must be..........shooting, fires and SEX?? 

A quick check of the Tucson PD stats reveals that there have been around 50 murders per year in Tucson for the last few years. A far cry from 1-2 killings per night. 

Think outside the Fox.

Last edited on Wed Jul 10th, 2019 03:25 am by Hook

Posted: Thu Jul 11th, 2019 02:36 am
  PM Quote Reply
17th Post
Ron & Karen

Mana: 
?How come all the info about the killings in the area is not available to read? It all disappeared about the same time this thread started. - Coincidence? -

Posted: Thu Jul 11th, 2019 05:24 am
  PM Quote Reply
18th Post
maryt

Mana: 
It is in Spanish. People have mentioned before some of the sources. Here is a link to various online newspapers: http://elguaymense.com/

You can use Google translate. Some of us will recap what we read at times but that takes time and effort and people are busy.

Posted: Thu Jul 11th, 2019 01:05 pm
  PM Quote Reply
19th Post
Ron & Karen

Mana: 
I was asking in post #17 about the entire thread that has disappeared - not just what people are writing in this thread. 25 or 26 gunned down -

Posted: Thu Jul 11th, 2019 04:26 pm
  PM Quote Reply
20th Post
maryt

Mana: 
Bart would have to answer that.

Current time is 08:23 am Page:    1  2  3  4  Next Page Last Page    
San Carlos, Sonora, Mexico Forums > Topical Forums > San Carlos Forum > Is it safe to come to San Carlos Top

UltraBB 1.172 Copyright © 2007-2014 Data 1 Systems