San Carlos, Sonora, Mexico Forums Home 
San Carlos, Sonora, Mexico Forums > Topical Forums > San Carlos Forum > Horrible Fireworks 50 ft from my patio table last night.

San Carlos Mexico Forum
Welcome to our forum. In order to post in our forums you must be registered. Please take a minute to register to enjoy the full benefits of the forum. Registration is FREE and your information is kept private. When registering, please make sure your email address is entered correctly-if incorrect, you will not receive your validation message. Please do not use your email address as your user name for your own privacy and security. Gmail account users should check spam or trash folders for our validation message after initial registration. We also suggest you add host@sancarlosmexico.com to your white list.

This message board requires you to register in order to post new topics, reply to topics started by other users, start polls, or vote on polls. As a registered user, you can edit your own posts, upload photos and view our photo gallery, and send private messages to other members of the board. Registered users can keep track of the topics they are interested in, and receive e-mail notifications when someone posts to one of those topics. Registered users can choose a theme and setup a profile, to include hometown, email & web address and avatar if desired.
We do ask that you post in the appropriate forum-look over the subjects and topics of all forums including the mercado section before making your first post. Posts in the wrong forum or not related to San Carlos may be moved or deleted without notice.
Please take a moment and register to enjoy all the benefits of the forum.
Bienvenidos!

Moderated by: bartmanaz
New Topic Reply Printer Friendly
Horrible Fireworks 50 ft from my patio table last night.  Rate Topic 
AuthorPost
 Posted: Fri Jul 5th, 2019 08:10 pm
  PM Quote Reply
1st Post
Caroline

Mana: 

There is a reason these folks are working at a shelter on the evening of July 4th. Because so many stupid, selfish people think it is fun to blast off rockets and fireworks without any consideration of the consequences. The shelter's abandoned furry residents cannot deal with the fear and damage of the firework noise. Who in their right mind wants to listen to the sounds of war around them? Only really stupid people who have no sense or responsibility for their actions.
They just want what they want and don't give a damn about anyone else. At my house in San Carlos a selfish group of people blasted off rockets and intense fireworks right next to my beach last night. It lasted over an hour and the children if my house guests were crying in fear, my dogs and cats were so afraid one of them had a seizure.

We were sitting in the dining room enjoying my Birthday celebration dinner and they ruined what was planned to be a fun, evening with talk and laughter and remembrances. Instead everyone was tasked with helping to reassure the kids and the fur babies that is was going to be OK.
Does anyone ever think of the unintended consequences of their selfish actions? Just blast the fireworks, just throw your trash out the car window or leave it on the beach. Yet they expect our so called "leaders" to always do the right thing and make decisions they agree with.
Sadly, humanity is in big trouble folks and it may be too late to do anything about it but some of us keep trying. It ain't easy being Green!

Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

Posted: Fri Jul 5th, 2019 10:47 pm
  PM Quote Reply
2nd Post
johnmoore

Mana: 
Anyone interested, but not enough to post, can read the other site here in SC with Caroline, making the same complaint. That site got locked..

Posted: Sat Jul 6th, 2019 02:28 pm
  PM Quote Reply
3rd Post
TheColoradoDude

Mana: 
Your beach? Now that is interesting.

Posted: Sat Jul 6th, 2019 03:02 pm
  PM Quote Reply
4th Post
Caroline

Mana: 
"My" beach is an indication that this took place right in front of my house, 50 ft from my patio table not that I own the beach

It didn't happen across the water, on the Caracol or San Francisco beach but literally less than 50 feet from the door to MY HOUSE. 

If you tell me where you live I can suggest they do this at your house on the next holiday.  I'm sure you will love the excitement and the fire danger over your property.

Posted: Sat Jul 6th, 2019 03:56 pm
  PM Quote Reply
5th Post
diver45

Mana: 
Were these Mexican nationals doing this or Americans?, I am guessing Mexican.

Posted: Sat Jul 6th, 2019 04:45 pm
  PM Quote Reply
6th Post
Flaco

Mana: 
Unfortunately if you made the decision to live in Mexico the problem is yours. Fireworks are deeply entrenched in their society on many different days and occasions. We have the option to accept and prepare for it or try to force our standards (disguised as morals) on them. Personally I don't like the fireworks but I'm getting to be a cranky old man. While we agree that the situation is sad for our pets it seems that with your birthday on the 4th of July this wouldn't be an isolated occurrence in your life. Apparently it would have been OK if it happened to the pets "across the water on the Caracol or San Francisco beach", in your words.

Posted: Sat Jul 6th, 2019 04:50 pm
  PM Quote Reply
7th Post
frankie

Mana: 
diver45 wrote: Were these Mexican nationals doing this or Americans?, I am guessing Mexican.

idiot!!!!!   the 4th is an american holiday!

Posted: Sat Jul 6th, 2019 04:55 pm
  PM Quote Reply
8th Post
390pony

Mana: 
Doesn't mean it was gringos doing it. I remember many years that there were fireworks here in San Carlos for the 4th and they weren't set off by gringos. One of the best displays I ever saw was on the beach in Mazatlán that a hotel did.

Posted: Sat Jul 6th, 2019 05:09 pm
  PM Quote Reply
9th Post
frankie

Mana: 
pony, you participated on the other forums, same thread! Caroline's post #5 she CLEARLY states "  A BUNCH OF DRUNK GRINGO'S"!

Last edited on Sat Jul 6th, 2019 05:12 pm by frankie

Posted: Sat Jul 6th, 2019 05:18 pm
  PM Quote Reply
10th Post
390pony

Mana: 
She may have, I'm just saying that fireworks on the 4th aren't necessarily set off by gringos. If they were gringos, why didn't she confront them? I'm wondering if there was some speculation here.

Posted: Sat Jul 6th, 2019 05:32 pm
  PM Quote Reply
11th Post
frankie

Mana: 
390pony wrote: If they were gringos, why didn't she confront them? I'm wondering if there was some speculation here.

read her posts here and on the other forum:
* she says they were 50 feet away!
* that it lasted over an hour
* they were drunk
an assumption on my part; is they where her neighbors! being her neighbors she mostly knows their nationalities!

Posted: Sat Jul 6th, 2019 05:44 pm
  PM Quote Reply
12th Post
frankie

Mana: 
the thread is about the disturbance of fireworks, not about your opinions or mine who did it! starting my stop watch to see how long this thread lasts on this forum!

Attached Image (viewed 220 times):

stop watch.jpg

Last edited on Sat Jul 6th, 2019 05:46 pm by frankie

Posted: Sat Jul 6th, 2019 06:13 pm
  PM Quote Reply
13th Post
390pony

Mana: 
If they were her neighbors sure doesn't say much about that neighborhood. Ticking down.....

Posted: Sat Jul 6th, 2019 06:36 pm
  PM Quote Reply
14th Post
Caroline

Mana: 
What is also interesting is to see how many nasty old foogies there are in San Carlos looking to argue. Don't talk to me about "my decision to move to Mexico just put up with it".

The folks who blasted the fireworks I discussed were drunk gringos not Mexicans and were renting my neighbors house for a week and yes I am sure who they are. I live in Mexico because I love the Mexican people and their culture. And I did confront them, they were very drunk and didn't care at all the upset they caused.

The owners nor any of our other neighbors have never been so inconsiderate.

Posted: Sat Jul 6th, 2019 06:45 pm
  PM Quote Reply
15th Post
390pony

Mana: 
Whatever.

Current time is 03:41 am  
San Carlos, Sonora, Mexico Forums > Topical Forums > San Carlos Forum > Horrible Fireworks 50 ft from my patio table last night. Top

UltraBB 1.172 Copyright © 2007-2014 Data 1 Systems