San Carlos, Sonora, Mexico Forums Home 
San Carlos, Sonora, Mexico Forums > Topical Forums > San Carlos Forum > Apostille in San Carlos or Guaymas

San Carlos Mexico Forum
Welcome to our forum. In order to post in our forums you must be registered. Please take a minute to register to enjoy the full benefits of the forum. Registration is FREE and your information is kept private. When registering, please make sure your email address is entered correctly-if incorrect, you will not receive your validation message. Please do not use your email address as your user name for your own privacy and security. Gmail account users should check spam or trash folders for our validation message after initial registration. We also suggest you add host@sancarlosmexico.com to your white list.

This message board requires you to register in order to post new topics, reply to topics started by other users, start polls, or vote on polls. As a registered user, you can edit your own posts, upload photos and view our photo gallery, and send private messages to other members of the board. Registered users can keep track of the topics they are interested in, and receive e-mail notifications when someone posts to one of those topics. Registered users can choose a theme and setup a profile, to include hometown, email & web address and avatar if desired.
We do ask that you post in the appropriate forum-look over the subjects and topics of all forums including the mercado section before making your first post. Posts in the wrong forum or not related to San Carlos may be moved or deleted without notice.
Please take a moment and register to enjoy all the benefits of the forum.
Bienvenidos!

Moderated by: bartmanaz
New Topic Reply Printer Friendly
Apostille in San Carlos or Guaymas  Rate Topic 
AuthorPost
 Posted: Fri Jun 14th, 2019 07:45 pm
  PM Quote Reply
1st Post
Hahaha

Mana: 
I need to find an Apostille locally that could "apostillize" documents locally.  I can find references to the process on the board, but I do not see a name or company that could do this locally.   Can someone point me in the right direction?  Thank You!

Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

Posted: Fri Jun 14th, 2019 08:44 pm
  PM Quote Reply
2nd Post
Bullshipper

Mana: 
It depends on what what docs you need. There are police records, school records, imigration, civil regristries,etc.

Posted: Sat Jun 15th, 2019 12:00 am
  PM Quote Reply
3rd Post
m620c

Mana: 
An APOSTILLE is typically a US document that is issued by the state in which someone passes.  It is something required to make changes in the "trust" documents, if a spouse or beneficiary has passed away.  If that is what you are looking for, I don't think anything you are going to get here is going to suffice.

Last edited on Sat Jun 15th, 2019 11:32 pm by m620c

Posted: Sat Jun 15th, 2019 01:07 am
  PM Quote Reply
4th Post
Bullshipper

Mana: 
I have needed to apostille birth certificates, marriage certificates, school transcripts, and US green cards while being here.

Posted: Sat Jun 15th, 2019 05:57 pm
  PM Quote Reply
5th Post
long time resident

Mana: 
It has to be done by the secretary of state, in which those documents originate.

Posted: Sat Jun 15th, 2019 07:57 pm
  PM Quote Reply
6th Post
frankie

Mana: 
not knowing where these documents originated, i agree with LTR and that has also been my experience!

Attached Image (viewed 414 times):

apost 002.JPG

Posted: Sun Jun 16th, 2019 03:28 pm
  PM Quote Reply
7th Post
Hahaha

Mana: 
Thanks for the replies. After visiting and calling too many people, I will need to go to the US and get a notary or at the Consulate by appointment. There is no one in Guaymas who can do court documents for the US

Posted: Sun Jun 16th, 2019 04:35 pm
  PM Quote Reply
8th Post
MARIGOT

Mana: 
Considering the long border crossing wait times, unless you have to do other things in the USA, I would choose to get it done at the US Consulate in HMO.  They do charge an outrageous fee, but could be cheaper than a trip to the USA, depending on how many pages in you document need the seal and signature.

Posted: Sun Jun 16th, 2019 11:35 pm
  PM Quote Reply
9th Post
long time resident

Mana: 
Actually I use to do this all the time. Send your originals up in an envelope addressed to the sec of state in which they originated, and call them first to find out how much they will charge, and also include a check and self addressed stamp envelope for the return docs with the apostille. I know it sounds tedious, but it does work. It can all be handled by mail. Send up with someone you trust.

Last edited on Wed Jun 19th, 2019 03:05 pm by long time resident

Posted: Sun Jun 16th, 2019 11:36 pm
  PM Quote Reply
10th Post
long time resident

Mana: 
You will need to mention that the apostille is for Mexico.

Posted: Mon Jun 17th, 2019 01:10 pm
  PM Quote Reply
11th Post
frankie

Mana: 
i have always been hesitant using my originals! i always request DUPLICATE ORIGINALS to be apostatized!

you never know if the originals will be returned!

Posted: Mon Jun 17th, 2019 05:52 pm
  PM Quote Reply
12th Post
long time resident

Mana: 
They have always returned the originals, did it for over 20 years. They staple it to the apostille.

Posted: Tue Jun 18th, 2019 03:43 am
  PM Quote Reply
13th Post
frankie

Mana: 
LTR, you miss understood! someone or agency is requesting the apostatized documents, those are who i am concerned about losing the original to, not the secretary of state!!

i posted a picture of an apostatized "duplicate original", i had several made as they where needed for several requests! 

the requester's of the apostatized documents never returned them to me!

they where probably needed for their records!

i remain with my original and a few remaining " duplicate originals"!!    

better safe than sorry!

Last edited on Tue Jun 18th, 2019 03:46 am by frankie

Posted: Wed Jun 19th, 2019 01:11 pm
  PM Quote Reply
14th Post
Ian948

Mana: 
Timely information :)

https://wp.me/p7py7G-5ar

Posted: Wed Jun 19th, 2019 03:08 pm
  PM Quote Reply
15th Post
long time resident

Mana: 
I had Notario #10 Salas, say several times that the originals would be returned after the tramite was finished, only to be told after everything was said and done, that they would not be returned. I just love the way things always change.....

Posted: Thu Jun 20th, 2019 04:23 pm
  PM Quote Reply
16th Post
odwyerpw

Mana: 
During my entire citizenship process, which lasted 10 years, I can safely state that I never had any of my submitted documents ever returned. Never.

So when I found that I had to submit something, I requested multiple duplicates (3), notarized and apostilled, etc... Complicated when everything is from different counties, states and countries.

Despite everything, I still have in my possession several acceptable copies, notarized, apostilled of every important document I'll ever need, regardless if it's Canadian, American (multiple states, multiple counties) or Mexican (multiple municipalities), tucked away in a locking file cabinet in Arizona.

While you are going through the trouble of gathering documents to be submitted, Get 3 of what you need notarized and apostilled. 1 to keep for yourself, 1 for future submissions when someone may ask for the exact same document again (high probability of that happening), and the 1 you will 'give away' for the task at hand to enter the black hole of bureaucracy from which it will never, ever, return. It's allot of added expense, but at least you still retain valid examples of everything going forward after the officials, public or private, end up keeping your stuff.

Last edited on Thu Jun 20th, 2019 04:26 pm by odwyerpw

Current time is 06:13 pm  
San Carlos, Sonora, Mexico Forums > Topical Forums > San Carlos Forum > Apostille in San Carlos or Guaymas Top

UltraBB 1.172 Copyright © 2007-2014 Data 1 Systems