San Carlos, Sonora, Mexico Forums Home 

San Carlos Mexico Forum
Welcome to our forum. In order to post in our forums you must be registered. Please take a minute to register to enjoy the full benefits of the forum. Registration is FREE and your information is kept private. When registering, please make sure your email address is entered correctly-if incorrect, you will not receive your validation message. Please do not use your email address as your user name for your own privacy and security. Gmail account users should check spam or trash folders for our validation message after initial registration. We also suggest you add host@sancarlosmexico.com to your white list.

This message board requires you to register in order to post new topics, reply to topics started by other users, start polls, or vote on polls. As a registered user, you can edit your own posts, upload photos and view our photo gallery, and send private messages to other members of the board. Registered users can keep track of the topics they are interested in, and receive e-mail notifications when someone posts to one of those topics. Registered users can choose a theme and setup a profile, to include hometown, email & web address and avatar if desired.
We do ask that you post in the appropriate forum-look over the subjects and topics of all forums including the mercado section before making your first post. Posts in the wrong forum or not related to San Carlos may be moved or deleted without notice.
Please take a moment and register to enjoy all the benefits of the forum.
Bienvenidos!

Moderated by: bartmanaz Page:    1  2  Next Page Last Page  
New Topic Reply Printer Friendly
Clinica San Jose Rumors  Rate Topic 
AuthorPost
 Posted: Wed May 22nd, 2019 11:10 pm
  PM Quote Reply
1st Post
Bullshipper

Mana: 
It appears that Clinica San Jose from Hermosillo is starting to move on establishing a hospital in SC from what I see and hear. 

The unfinished retirement home next to the Country Club Clubhouse looks to be in play as I have seen visitors and a small crew removing debri from the building areas the last month or so.

Not even 90% sure, but I thought I would give a heads up as I drive by there several times a day. My guess is they are now in the engineering and permit application phase.

Anyhoo..

Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

Posted: Thu May 23rd, 2019 12:58 am
  PM Quote Reply
2nd Post
MARIGOT

Mana: 
Okay.  Is this a separate development from the big billboard outside of San Carlos proclaiming a new San Jose hospital, which we thought would be built where the billboard is located?  Or did San Jose intend to use the old unfinished yellow mess for their hospital all along and we had it wrong?

That’s great.  Please post as you learn more about what is going to happen.  Thanks.

Posted: Thu May 23rd, 2019 12:15 pm
  PM Quote Reply
3rd Post
Caroline

Mana: 
OK a quality hospital in San Carlos would be a good thing for our town and our people. Could it possibly be as big as the "Yellow monster" mess at the entrance to the country club?

Time will tell and I for one would much rather see an efficient, clean hospital built here rather than another hotel.

Why is everything always such a big secret around here?

Posted: Thu May 23rd, 2019 03:54 pm
  PM Quote Reply
4th Post
frankie

Mana: 
this sign was placed over a 1 1/2 years ago where the developers intended contemplating the speculation of building the hospital! 

Attached Image (viewed 674 times):

IMG_5455.JPG

Last edited on Thu May 23rd, 2019 05:19 pm by frankie

Posted: Thu May 23rd, 2019 04:00 pm
  PM Quote Reply
5th Post
frankie

Mana: 
this is the defunct condominium project, which only recently changed hands. the buyer is related to the owners of marina tierra and the new sawari hotels. they are contemplating the building of a new hotel and other complimentary additions!  

Attached Image (viewed 672 times):

condo tower.jpg

Last edited on Thu May 23rd, 2019 06:49 pm by frankie

Posted: Thu May 23rd, 2019 04:20 pm
  PM Quote Reply
6th Post
frankie

Mana: 
i welcome the new hospital proposal!

we do need more hotels! San Carlos is a MUCH desired "WEDDING DESTINATION SITE", there is demand for more hotel space during these weddings! i witnessed 2 weddings last weekend!

more hotels will bring the reality of airline service!

water? 3 wells have been dug and are waiting funding to connect to a new infrastructure "water line"!

hotels, airlines, will bring more property and business taxes to the treasury coffers!

once the hotels and airlines are in place there will be more desire for San Carlos to be a destination site for conferences!

thus there will be more money for our needed infrastructural improvements!

RELAX BE PATIENT! the developers and investors are getting their "ducks" in align!!! 

Last edited on Thu May 23rd, 2019 06:50 pm by frankie

Posted: Thu May 23rd, 2019 08:33 pm
  PM Quote Reply
7th Post
Bullshipper

Mana: 
frankie wrote: this sign was placed over a 1 1/2 years ago where the developers intended contemplating the speculation of building the hospital! 

My thinking is that the sign location on Beltrones was a good place for them to advertise, but a questionable building site.

Who actually knows if they said they were going to build there? I mean, unless I've heard it directly from my gardener or maid, it could be fake news.

The Country club building already has the necessary infrastructure, and does not require one of those pesky developers to make it happen like the highway land.

Posted: Thu May 23rd, 2019 09:28 pm
  PM Quote Reply
8th Post
frankie

Mana: 
Bullshipper wrote;

Who actually knows if they said they were going to build there? I mean, unless I've heard it directly from my gardener or maid, it could be fake news.

this a perfect example of how to be a good sport on a forum!!

we all should be prudent of our posts and confident in our resources!

Last edited on Thu May 23rd, 2019 09:40 pm by frankie

Posted: Tue Jun 4th, 2019 03:44 am
  PM Quote Reply
9th Post
Vince Radice

Mana: 
If San Carlos remains a Comisaria then all the extra money will never make it back to San Carlos. If you want services and infrastructure in San Carlos there is only one way forward and that is if San Carlos becomes it's own Municipio. frankie wrote: i welcome the new hospital proposal!

we do need more hotels! San Carlos is a MUCH desired "WEDDING DESTINATION SITE", there is demand for more hotel space during these weddings! i witnessed 2 weddings last weekend!

water? 3 wells have been dug and are waiting funding to connect to a new infrastructure "water line"!

hotels, airlines, will bring more property and business taxes to the treasury coffers!

once the hotels and airlines are in place there will be more desire for San Carlos to be a destination site for conferences!

RELAX BE PATIENT! the developers and investors are getting their "ducks" in align!!! 

Posted: Tue Jun 4th, 2019 05:06 am
  PM Quote Reply
10th Post
nice guy

Mana: 
So - are you saying we should leave NOW - your vision is making me puke.

Last edited on Tue Jun 4th, 2019 05:07 am by nice guy

Posted: Tue Jun 4th, 2019 06:01 am
  PM Quote Reply
11th Post
Vince Radice

Mana: 
Let me be more precise. San Carlos has generated an average of 70 million pesos a year in tax revenue over the last 5 years. This is not a guess, my friend Juan Carlos has the official numbers via a FOIA request. Municipal governments are funded by state and federal matching of collected taxes. For evey 1 peso of revenue collected by San Carlos the state and feds pay 2.5 pesos. So we generate 175 million pesos each year for Guaymas.

Go ask Enrique our Comisario what the budget is for San Carlos this year. It is arouind 7 million pesos. Of that 7 million pesos by way of bugetary malfeasance San Carlos realistically gets about half of the 7 million pesos that it is promised on paper.

http://sancarlos.tv/2019-has-anything-changed-lately-in-san-carlos-or-is-it-the-same-shit-different-year/

I now have a copy of the official San Carlos budget, it lists around 25 employees over at the Comisarios office. Ever been there? There are about 4 people that acutally work at that office. And Enrique officially has a chofer that he never knew existed.

The new mayor of Guaymas is supposed to be free from corruption because she belongs to the Morena party. It appears she didn't get the memo........

Bottom line is that only when San Carlos is it's oun municipality will it ever see any funding for real public services.

I am not telling anyone what they should do. You can leave or you can stay, but let's not kid ourselves. More company's that pay taxes in San Carlos is nothing more than more money for Guaymas. Not San Carlos.

Posted: Tue Jun 4th, 2019 01:53 pm
  PM Quote Reply
12th Post
RichD

Mana: 
Please outline the steps required for creating a new municipio so that everyone can see that it will never happen. None of the steps include the opinion of non citizens.

Posted: Tue Jun 4th, 2019 02:15 pm
  PM Quote Reply
13th Post
Bullshipper

Mana: 
The hospital in question is a private company so government funding really doesn't have much to do with San Jose's financing or this thread. Looks like Frankie is more in the know about its location is anyways. 

Your point is well taken on funds, but as I understand, the City of Guaymas already has a multi million dollar debt to the state and federal government that they are paying down with their current budget creating a shortfal for present and future administations. 

So to me it looks like Guaymas needs more revenues, not less to function in the future. 

And if this ever came to a vote it would come down to perhaps 3K rich citizens here voting against 100K poor in Guaymas. Thats if our folks are not in Hermosillo and Obregon voting in elections where they probably live full time, So how many would be here to actually vote, and what % of them would side with creating a new municipality.

So I personally see little hope of SC winning the measure you are advocating.  And who is to say that our new city officials wouldn't pilfer the coffers too while the same officials that provide oversight actually have their hand out and promote this bad behavior. 

Last edited on Tue Jun 4th, 2019 02:40 pm by Bullshipper

Posted: Tue Jun 4th, 2019 03:26 pm
  PM Quote Reply
14th Post
Vince Radice

Mana: 
I can arrange a presentation by Juan Carlos Gonzales and he can explain to anyone interested what the Law and the Constitution say about all this. If someone wants to organize a group for a presentation I would be happy to arrange it.

He just came back from Mexico City after two meetings. One with lawyers and representatives from the Federal Government and the other with laywers from the Supreme Court.

I can tell you Bullshipper that the matter has nothing to do with voters in Guaymas vs voters in San Carlos. You are thinking like a gringo trying to apply gringo law in a country that does not practice anything like gringo law.

Sooner or later San Carlos will be it's own municipio. It could be sooner and it could be sooner, a lot sooner that anyone thinks and yes Americans could play a huge role in this, they all ready do and acutally because of gringos the work to become a Municipio is far harder than it should be. And no you wouldn't be in danger of being thrown out of the country either if you help the movement.

Local Mexicans can accomplish this goal and more and more of them each month are getting on the band wagon.

Posted: Tue Jun 4th, 2019 10:00 pm
  PM Quote Reply
15th Post
long time resident

Mana: 
Let me know when, and I will come down and vote.

Posted: Wed Jun 5th, 2019 12:35 am
  PM Quote Reply
16th Post
frankie

Mana: 
i think the people who live and vote here in San Carlos, have limited political interests! 

the people who would make up any new San Carlos administration, could NOW be in the political area TODAY! we would be then better represented! why hasn't anyone stood up and taken hold of the reins?

Posted: Wed Jun 5th, 2019 02:52 am
  PM Quote Reply
17th Post
Vince Radice

Mana: 

Franike, I can guarantee you that part of that issue has always been disinformation on the part of officials in Guaymas. To this day any government hack in Guaymas will give you any number of excuses as to why San Carlos can not legally be it's own Municipality. The number one sited reason is always that there are not enough people in town. You need a minimum number of 10,000 people. 

So when we did the research we found out that around 60 percent of all Municipalities in Sonora have less than 10,000 people. Many people in San Carlos still believe that there are not a sufficient number of people. Attitudes are changing though but it has taken a long time to combat the massive amount of disinformation that has Guaymas puts out. 

And there is no doubt that there is a lot of apathy on the part of Mexican citizens from San Carlos who don't want to be bothered with fighting for their constitutional rights. 

There is also the pride factor. I have seen many posts from regular citizens in Guaymas that simply are to proud to imagine that San Carlos could be it's own city. 

And then of course there is the Money factor. San Carlos accounts for 33 percent of Guaymas revenue. We are the cash cow of Guaymas and I know Frankie that you know why. Because Americans pay their property taxes! Just imagine if a large percentage of Americans simply said no, not this year. We will not pay our property taxes until the mayor guarantees us X amount of pesos in return for public services and or infrastructure. The mayor in Guaymas would have a heart attack on the spot. I would pay good money to see their face when they got the news....LOL

As many of us know, Mexicans don't pay their property taxes Especially rich Mexicans. They will go 5 years of more and then if they need to sell the property they approach what ever corrupt government is in power at the time and they negotiate a sweet hard deal and pay centavos on the pesos. 

Americans don't have to pay their property taxes but they do need to pay their Bank Trust fees. Ask any Mexican and they will tell you the same thing. Mexicans simply don't pay their property taxes and when they do they pay far less. The richer you are the less you pay. It is a fact here.

That should change so if you want to get the attention of the government stop paying your property taxes. Negotiate a deal. When we get public services we will pay, or we all can keep paying our property taxes and get no services, just like every year. Americans and Canadians have no political clout in this town, but they have huge economic clout which could be leveraged. 

frankie wrote: i think the people who live and vote here in San Carlos, have limited political interests! 

the people who would make up any new San Carlos administration, could NOW be in the political area TODAY! we would be then better represented! why hasn't anyone stood up and taken hold of the reins?

Last edited on Wed Jun 5th, 2019 03:01 am by Vince Radice

Posted: Wed Jun 5th, 2019 06:48 am
  PM Quote Reply
18th Post
Bullshipper

Mana: 
Vinnie
Do you know how many registered voters are in SC? Do you know the actual current minimum number of registed mexican adults is required? I was guessing at 2-3 thousand, tops.

I used to operate in San Javier, a small municipality of about 4,0000 pop when you also include Tecoripa, La Barranca that are within its limits. Anyways, this has been a municipality for over 100 years, so perhaps the minimums were different that current law.

Weren't you advocating a vote on this last fall too? What happend? Was misinformation the problem?

I would also like to understand how someone can get away not paying property taxes. Every piece of property that I have bought had to pay the city and all other encumbrances prior to or through the proceeds held by the notary. These included adjustments for inflation and interest on the balance. No city registar will record and legalize new title's as far as I know.

Can we assume that you are not paying your prediales?

Last edited on Wed Jun 5th, 2019 06:59 am by Bullshipper

Posted: Wed Jun 5th, 2019 02:43 pm
  PM Quote Reply
19th Post
Hook

Mana: 
frankie wrote: i welcome the new hospital proposal!

We need more hotels? Then why was that business group, headed by the owner of San Carlos Plaza hotel, complaining about occupancy rates being way down the last two years, due to a perceived lack of security? 

If you build it, they won't necessarily come. 

Mexico is at a crossroads, with respect to corruption and security. It rarely DIRECTLY affects we, the comparatively affluent gringos much. But it is becoming a huge damper on investment in this country, which does affect us indirectly. And it is a huge damper on the growth of the Mexican poor and middle class. 

What someone should do with that yellow elephant is turn it into a retirement home/hospice care facility. With the aging population in the US and Canada, it would make a lot of sense. People travel to Mexico for cheaper medical;  why not cheaper places to care for the elderly?

Posted: Wed Jun 5th, 2019 03:48 pm
  PM Quote Reply
20th Post
frankie

Mana: 
Hook wrote:

We need more hotels? Then why was that business group, headed by the owner of San Carlos Plaza hotel, complaining about occupancy rates being way down the last two years, due to a perceived lack of security? 

What someone should do with that yellow elephant is turn it into a retirement home/hospice care facility. With the aging population in the US and Canada, it would make a lot of sense. People travel to Mexico for cheaper medical;  why not cheaper places to care for the elderly?

it is my understanding that the group who "the yellow elephant" was transferred to, are also owners of the existing hotels including the new one! they are also heavily improving the "wedding event" property west of del mar!

it is also my understanding that where the hospital is alleged to be built, is also contemplated assisted living housing

p.s. i think more attention is going to attracting more Mexican tourism!
i remember when summer time in San Carlos was like a ghost town, now every weekend brings wanted and needed Mexican tourists! 
look around town and see how many apartments are being built! they are building because of the obvious demand!

Last edited on Wed Jun 5th, 2019 04:08 pm by frankie

Current time is 08:16 pm Page:    1  2  Next Page Last Page    
San Carlos, Sonora, Mexico Forums > Topical Forums > San Carlos Forum > Clinica San Jose Rumors Top

UltraBB 1.172 Copyright © 2007-2014 Data 1 Systems