San Carlos, Sonora, Mexico Forums Home 

San Carlos Mexico Forum
Welcome to our forum. In order to post in our forums you must be registered. Please take a minute to register to enjoy the full benefits of the forum. Registration is FREE and your information is kept private. When registering, please make sure your email address is entered correctly-if incorrect, you will not receive your validation message. Please do not use your email address as your user name for your own privacy and security. Gmail account users should check spam or trash folders for our validation message after initial registration. We also suggest you add host@sancarlosmexico.com to your white list.

This message board requires you to register in order to post new topics, reply to topics started by other users, start polls, or vote on polls. As a registered user, you can edit your own posts, upload photos and view our photo gallery, and send private messages to other members of the board. Registered users can keep track of the topics they are interested in, and receive e-mail notifications when someone posts to one of those topics. Registered users can choose a theme and setup a profile, to include hometown, email & web address and avatar if desired.
We do ask that you post in the appropriate forum-look over the subjects and topics of all forums including the mercado section before making your first post. Posts in the wrong forum or not related to San Carlos may be moved or deleted without notice.
Please take a moment and register to enjoy all the benefits of the forum.
Bienvenidos!

Moderated by: gwbuild, bartmanaz  
AuthorPost
Rev.

Mana: 
We'd like to rent or even borrow one, two or more mountain bikes for riding the trails around San Carlos in June. My kids are visiting and my sons-in-law are bikers, one does an annual 100 mile Mountain Ride (8,000-9,000 feet - called the "Death Ride"). He like to keep his training in prep for the race in the fall and they are looking for sources of bikes to ride here.

Do you have information about:

1) Bike rentals other than Enrique's (next to CIBAnco. He only has one that "probably works".) ?

2) Do have any maps or directions or even a list of the good bike trails through the desert and near-by mountains? We have the "Tourist Map 2019" with map and some trails, but I know there are more.

Thanks oodles! Sharon Mooney - rev.smooney@gmail.com

Last edited on Tue May 14th, 2019 11:56 pm by Rev.

JCB

Mana: 

I doubt you will find anyone willing to lend a top end bike down here and the rentals will be junk.  Probably the best option is to rent from a dealer in the US and bring the bikes down.  There is no duty for personal sport equipment so there won't be a problem at the border.  I have seen  many Mexican locals riding good bikes but mostly road bikes.  There is one bike shop at the corner of Garcia Lopez and 14th street in Guaymas that deals with better bikes that might be able to help.

I know every trail, road or track within 10 miles of San Carlos so make contact when you get here and I will fill you in.

Last edited on Wed May 15th, 2019 12:23 am by JCB

Rev.

Mana: 
Thanks so much, JCB. You were who I was dreaming of finding. One son-in-law probably bringing his own bike, but other(s) not - they're all flying.

So, that's why we're looking... The lead in Guaymas is also the info I was holing for. I'll check it out for them. 

And, can you send me your email address or phone? I know they will get in touch when they get here.

Thanks oodles!! Sharon Mooney rev.smooney@gmail.com

Last edited on Wed May 15th, 2019 08:02 pm by Rev.

JCB

Mana: 
I don't use phones but if you sent a PM, I will receive it as an email.

UltraBB 1.172 Copyright © 2007-2014 Data 1 Systems