San Carlos, Sonora, Mexico Forums Home 

San Carlos Mexico Forum
Welcome to our forum. In order to post in our forums you must be registered. Please take a minute to register to enjoy the full benefits of the forum. Registration is FREE and your information is kept private. When registering, please make sure your email address is entered correctly-if incorrect, you will not receive your validation message. Please do not use your email address as your user name for your own privacy and security. Gmail account users should check spam or trash folders for our validation message after initial registration. We also suggest you add host@sancarlosmexico.com to your white list.

This message board requires you to register in order to post new topics, reply to topics started by other users, start polls, or vote on polls. As a registered user, you can edit your own posts, upload photos and view our photo gallery, and send private messages to other members of the board. Registered users can keep track of the topics they are interested in, and receive e-mail notifications when someone posts to one of those topics. Registered users can choose a theme and setup a profile, to include hometown, email & web address and avatar if desired.
We do ask that you post in the appropriate forum-look over the subjects and topics of all forums including the mercado section before making your first post. Posts in the wrong forum or not related to San Carlos may be moved or deleted without notice.
Please take a moment and register to enjoy all the benefits of the forum.
Bienvenidos!

Moderated by: bartmanaz
New Topic Reply Printer Friendly
YT report Apr. 5-7  Rate Topic 
AuthorPost
 Posted: Tue Apr 9th, 2019 09:45 pm
  PM Quote Reply
1st Post
FM4

Mana: 
Got to town Thursday night. We had planned on running to Tortuga Friday but the wind shut us down. Fished fri, sat, sun. Running to the Pando in the morning then to the island for the rest of the day. There are tons of small fish at the Pando. Same grade that is being caught out front but we had it to ourselves every morning and from what I heard on the radio these were a little more willing to bite. We would chase the birds and throw a few 6-8ish pounders in the box fairly easily and leave em biting. We did hook one on the troll that was pulling pretty good before coming off so there could be a few bigger ones around.  The bigger fish are at the island in good numbers but the bite was off and on. We got 6 Friday, and 2 Saturday, all on the troll no luck with jigs or poppers.  A giant pod of dolphins came through both days and seemed to shut the bite down.  Sunday was rougher seas but the boils stayed up for a long time anywhere from 1/4 -1/2 a  mile off the south end ( no dolphins not sure if that was the difference). Again they would not eat anything we casted at them. Telamon was the only other boat out there chasing them (I think son of a fish was bottom fishing) we watched them hook 2 on coltsnipers and land one of them plus a few more trolling. We were able to pick off 5 on the troll with a few in that better 20-25lb class and one fat one looked a little better than that. Ive never fished for Yellows with live bait in SC but I think some lively baits on thin flouro would've made all the difference in those boils. We'll have to try to get some for next time.  Oh, we also got a bonus cabrilla trolling tight to the rocks at the island.  

Last edited on Tue Apr 9th, 2019 09:49 pm by FM4

Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

Posted: Tue Apr 9th, 2019 11:02 pm
  PM Quote Reply
2nd Post
Hook

Mana: 
This past weekend there was a YT spearfishing tournament and the winner was 40 lbs, according to Pajarito. Shot at the island.

I was watching March Madness downstairs at Chihuahuas and those guys were having their awards banquet upstairs. Lots of hoopin and hollerin!

Posted: Wed Apr 10th, 2019 12:16 am
  PM Quote Reply
3rd Post
sundevil

Mana: 
we were a couple hundred miles north and got one 20 lb YT and a 22 gulf grouper on Friday. 7 quality YT on Saturday with the largest going 22 lbs. All on the troll.

Posted: Wed Apr 10th, 2019 12:51 am
  PM Quote Reply
4th Post
FM4

Mana: 
I was wondering why there were so many Spearos in the water. Never saw them boat a fish, Cool to know those big fish are still around. We were fishing next to Abel when they landed that big one a few weeks ago too.   

Posted: Wed Apr 10th, 2019 04:19 am
  PM Quote Reply
5th Post
repsilon

Mana: 
Best bite today was on big 40's. Tons of fish. Terrafi. Showed 80 degrees out there. I  passed what I thought was big mako swimming a little tilted. Then I saw the tail and wasn't 100% sure. Maybe soon.

Posted: Thu Apr 11th, 2019 12:05 am
  PM Quote Reply
6th Post
vernberbeles

Mana: 
where were you sundevil  ? puerto lobos ?

Last edited on Thu Apr 11th, 2019 12:07 am by vernberbeles

Current time is 11:21 am  
San Carlos, Sonora, Mexico Forums > Topical Forums > San Carlos Fishing Forum > YT report Apr. 5-7 Top

UltraBB 1.172 Copyright © 2007-2014 Data 1 Systems