San Carlos, Sonora, Mexico Forums Home 
San Carlos, Sonora, Mexico Forums > Topical Forums > San Carlos Forum > Some interesting articles in El Portal de las Noticias today........

San Carlos Mexico Forum
Welcome to our forum. In order to post in our forums you must be registered. Please take a minute to register to enjoy the full benefits of the forum. Registration is FREE and your information is kept private. When registering, please make sure your email address is entered correctly-if incorrect, you will not receive your validation message. Please do not use your email address as your user name for your own privacy and security. Gmail account users should check spam or trash folders for our validation message after initial registration. We also suggest you add host@sancarlosmexico.com to your white list.

This message board requires you to register in order to post new topics, reply to topics started by other users, start polls, or vote on polls. As a registered user, you can edit your own posts, upload photos and view our photo gallery, and send private messages to other members of the board. Registered users can keep track of the topics they are interested in, and receive e-mail notifications when someone posts to one of those topics. Registered users can choose a theme and setup a profile, to include hometown, email & web address and avatar if desired.
We do ask that you post in the appropriate forum-look over the subjects and topics of all forums including the mercado section before making your first post. Posts in the wrong forum or not related to San Carlos may be moved or deleted without notice.
Please take a moment and register to enjoy all the benefits of the forum.
Bienvenidos!

Moderated by: bartmanaz
New Topic Reply Printer Friendly
Some interesting articles in El Portal de las Noticias today........  Rate Topic 
AuthorPost
 Posted: Sun Apr 7th, 2019 10:05 pm
  PM Quote Reply
1st Post
Hook

Mana: 
Apparently, there was a press conference where an organization of businessmen have issued "a cry for help", due to the the perceived insecurity in Guaymas and San Carlos. Apparently the head of this organization is the owner of the San Carlos Plaza Hotel. The plea was reiterated by the head of a citizen's safety committee in Guaymas.

http://elportaldelanoticia.mx/noticias/14-local/3206-que-alguien-nos-ayude-por-favor-empresarios-guaymenses

And then there is this article that seems to indicate that there is a plan to remove "vacationers" from the main boulevard of San Carlos at 3am, during Semana Santa. This plan, according to the article, is to protect these "vacationers" and has the support of the "turisteros" in San Carlos. The initial proposal to do this was from a "State Civil Protection Unit."

http://elportaldelanoticia.mx/noticias/14-local/3205-proteccion-civil-del-estado-recomendo-desalojar-el-bulevar-de-san-carlos-durante-semana-santa-sara-valle

All quoted words are how Google Translate translated the versions from El Portal.

Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

Posted: Sun Apr 7th, 2019 11:44 pm
  PM Quote Reply
2nd Post
diver45

Mana: 
Interesting article, the violence in Guaymas is pretty bad if they try to finish someone off in the hospital. I have a friend who lives in Empalme,  he says no one with half a brain goes out after 9pm. Really too bad!

Posted: Mon Apr 8th, 2019 04:39 am
  PM Quote Reply
3rd Post
Bullshipper

Mana: 
another article stated that
A guy was beaten to death a year ago, and one of the article showed that the cops finally caught up with the 3 suspects.

Haven't heard of many sicarios getting caught, except for the the other 3 that the cartels turned over to the cops when they killed the wrong police comandante recently in Empalme. But of course these details weren't reported, except on twitter.

Posted: Mon Apr 8th, 2019 05:38 am
  PM Quote Reply
4th Post
odwyerpw

Mana: 

It's sad to see what has happened in Empalme. My wife and I thought it was such a cozy place when we arrived in 2005. We spent many Sunday evenings in the Plaza/Parque Tinaco (I don't know the real name), just because it was so nice to see families gathering, playing sports, etc... 

It just never seemed to recover after that hurricane Henrietta in 2007, then of course came Julio in 2008, then Jimena in 2009... It's not been a very clean, nor charming town since. Unfortunately, for a variety of reasons, delinquency is ever increasing as well. Certainly don't find Empalme cozy now.

/* edited to remove a few comments that might not have been fundamentally sound */

Last edited on Mon Apr 8th, 2019 10:47 pm by odwyerpw

Posted: Mon Apr 8th, 2019 04:07 pm
  PM Quote Reply
5th Post
frankie

Mana: 
odwyerpw wrote;

You have the Valle growing in importance in Agriculture. I mean they're doing agriculture on a scale you see in Kansas/Nebraska/Ohio and they are doing Organic stuff, green house stuff, Aquaponics, Hydroponics. Only a fool would be so nieve as to think Cartel money isn't tied up in all of technological expansion. If you haven't driven from Hwy 15 to Ortiz in a while... it's eye opening. 

i have my 2 hunting concessions in the Ortiz Valley, one for dove at La Travasada, one  for mule deer west of Ortiz!
i have hunted this valley for 17 years and have watch it's growth. the massive scale agriculture was there when i fist arrived, and it has continued to grow at a normal pace in the 17 years i have had the opportunity to see!! MANY PROMINENT FAMILIES have property there and are expanding their holding to meet the demand of the produce market! 
most of the wells from the hiway 15 have become laden with encroaching sea water, the land has become barren!! so most of those once productive fields are now north of La Travasada!
there is a new MASSIVE SOLAR ELECTRIC POWER PLANT, being built and is in the process of purchasing MORE BARREN AG. LAND for solar panels!!

the killings that are now happening all to frequently, i believe are an OVERFLOW from the obregon/ cajeme region!

p.s. i never trusted Emplame and never felt as comfortable there as i do in Guaymas or San Carlos!!!

Last edited on Mon Apr 8th, 2019 04:13 pm by frankie

Posted: Mon Apr 8th, 2019 04:25 pm
  PM Quote Reply
6th Post
Jimmy

Mana: 
frankie said p.s. i never trusted Emplame and never felt as comfortable there as i do in Guaymas or San Carlos!!!

15+ years ago, My Mexican grandson was to box in Golden Gloves in a match in Empalme. In the bout before his, a Guaymas boy won the match. When his girlfriend cheered his win, a girl from Empalme stabbed her.......Needless to say...We got up and left right then and there.

Posted: Mon Apr 8th, 2019 09:53 pm
  PM Quote Reply
7th Post
Bullshipper

Mana: 
Chapo is in jail and these are turf wars between his sons, Chapos ex luetenants, and neihboring cartels wanting more trade.

The exact same thing happened when jailed capos were extradited to the states by Calderon and 1000's were killed, in NE border regions from El Paso east to Tamulipas.

I really doubt that local Maquiladoras, increased employment or parental supervision is responsible for even a small part of this as most sicarios range in age from 25-50 years old. These are hardened criminals killing hardened criminals, or kidnapings, imo.

Posted: Mon Apr 8th, 2019 11:25 pm
  PM Quote Reply
8th Post
Jimmy

Mana: 
Thank you Bullshipper for your comforting words.. We need to Spread the word...BS Sez All is safe..

Last edited on Mon Apr 8th, 2019 11:27 pm by Jimmy

Posted: Tue Apr 9th, 2019 02:36 am
  PM Quote Reply
9th Post
Bullshipper

Mana: 
Where did I say we were all safe? 

Posted: Tue Apr 9th, 2019 02:49 am
  PM Quote Reply
10th Post
Jimmy

Mana: 
Sorry, I misunderstood. Your deflection of our threat to the cartels et al I thought that WE should have No Fear...

Posted: Tue Apr 9th, 2019 03:12 pm
  PM Quote Reply
11th Post
frankie

Mana: 
no matter where we live or where we travel, it is no longer the world we started life in!!

the planet as a whole is OVERPOPULATED, people now struggle more for simple and basic needs!

we are all experiencing the tolls of this, water shortages, gas prices, crowded Ingres and egresses, burglaries, murders, ect!!

all must adapt in what suites them the best to survive!

those who have, will have to protect themselves MORE from those who don't!

Current time is 03:36 am  
San Carlos, Sonora, Mexico Forums > Topical Forums > San Carlos Forum > Some interesting articles in El Portal de las Noticias today........ Top

UltraBB 1.172 Copyright © 2007-2014 Data 1 Systems