San Carlos, Sonora, Mexico Forums Home 
San Carlos, Sonora, Mexico Forums > Topical Forums > San Carlos Fishing Forum > Dates of the 72 (Zaragoza) International Billfish Tournament?

San Carlos Mexico Forum
Welcome to our forum. In order to post in our forums you must be registered. Please take a minute to register to enjoy the full benefits of the forum. Registration is FREE and your information is kept private. When registering, please make sure your email address is entered correctly-if incorrect, you will not receive your validation message. Please do not use your email address as your user name for your own privacy and security. Gmail account users should check spam or trash folders for our validation message after initial registration. We also suggest you add host@sancarlosmexico.com to your white list.

This message board requires you to register in order to post new topics, reply to topics started by other users, start polls, or vote on polls. As a registered user, you can edit your own posts, upload photos and view our photo gallery, and send private messages to other members of the board. Registered users can keep track of the topics they are interested in, and receive e-mail notifications when someone posts to one of those topics. Registered users can choose a theme and setup a profile, to include hometown, email & web address and avatar if desired.
We do ask that you post in the appropriate forum-look over the subjects and topics of all forums including the mercado section before making your first post. Posts in the wrong forum or not related to San Carlos may be moved or deleted without notice.
Please take a moment and register to enjoy all the benefits of the forum.
Bienvenidos!

Moderated by: bartmanaz Page:    1  2  Next Page Last Page  
New Topic Reply Printer Friendly
Dates of the 72 (Zaragoza) International Billfish Tournament?  Rate Topic 
AuthorPost
 Posted: Fri Apr 5th, 2019 09:12 pm
  PM Quote Reply
1st Post
SBT

Mana: 
Anybody have a firm date for the 72 International Billfish Tournament in July?

Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

Posted: Fri Apr 5th, 2019 11:52 pm
  PM Quote Reply
2nd Post
Ian948

Mana: 
5-7th July

:)

Posted: Sat Apr 6th, 2019 03:08 pm
  PM Quote Reply
3rd Post
SBT

Mana: 
Thank you Ian.

Posted: Sun Apr 7th, 2019 05:06 pm
  PM Quote Reply
4th Post
tunahooked

Mana: 
you mit want to fix the Dates on the site it still has last years date on it.    :shock:

Posted: Sun Apr 7th, 2019 05:41 pm
  PM Quote Reply
5th Post
Ian948

Mana: 
http://www.sancarlosfishingtournaments.com/72nd-annual-billfish/

Maybe try refresh in your browser .

:)

Posted: Sun Apr 7th, 2019 06:08 pm
  PM Quote Reply
6th Post
tunahooked

Mana: 
Thank you Got IT !!!

Posted: Sun Jul 7th, 2019 02:48 pm
  PM Quote Reply
7th Post
Hook

Mana: 
Any results of the tournament so far?

Posted: Sun Jul 7th, 2019 04:00 pm
  PM Quote Reply
8th Post
m620c

Mana: 
Hook, Tammi posted after yesterday's 10:00 AM roll call on Viva.  I was on the water until about 3:00 PM and can tell you there were lots of additional fish caught to what she has posted.  Couldn't even begin to assess from all the radio activity.

Posted: Sun Jul 7th, 2019 07:48 pm
  PM Quote Reply
9th Post
Hook

Mana: 
I heard 60 billfish, but no weighable dorado. Does that sound about right?

Posted: Sun Jul 7th, 2019 09:27 pm
  PM Quote Reply
10th Post
tunahooked

Mana: 
WOW !!!!! how Mini Boat's are in the Tournament's an Angler's   

Posted: Mon Jul 8th, 2019 05:10 am
  PM Quote Reply
11th Post
repsilon

Mana: 
32 boats, 101 anglers. 15 and 16# Dorado. There were large Dorado last week, Blues, and weighable sails. 8-10 billfish were the winners. Begin the sh#t show on the results with their new catch verification app. One team got screwed and their money is being spent. Charities were paid well. Excellent fishing in areas. My boat said they saw a monster a half mile out.

Posted: Mon Jul 8th, 2019 05:30 am
  PM Quote Reply
12th Post
zancudo

Mana: 
Sure seems like these tournaments should be using video only.  There are too many fish disqualified with the pictures, not to mention the possibility of teams asking for multiple numbers with a single fish hooked up. 

Posted: Mon Jul 8th, 2019 05:45 am
  PM Quote Reply
13th Post
zancudo

Mana: 
What was the issue with the app?  I'm not down there but it sounded like a good idea in theory.  I assume the pictures get a time stamp automatically  when taken and are shared with the officials as soon as you have phone service? 

Last edited on Mon Jul 8th, 2019 05:53 am by zancudo

Posted: Mon Jul 8th, 2019 09:23 pm
  PM Quote Reply
14th Post
repsilon

Mana: 
I wasn't involved with that, and after flashing gang signs for the second fish I was told it was a code for the phone. Freebird had a iPhone 10, not 8 or 9. Things didn't download right. Several top teams supposedly had fish DQed the first day, and then they gave them the fish. I don't know any other specifics, but there were lots of issues, and then they didn't want to take money back to correct things. I don't know the whole story, but I am pretty confident that mistakes were made (not by Freebird). Mark should have known that Rod is cursed though. At least he spreads wide and takes it with a cute grin.

Posted: Tue Jul 9th, 2019 08:28 pm
  PM Quote Reply
15th Post
Kiwi

Mana: 
So does anyone know who won?

Posted: Tue Jul 9th, 2019 09:00 pm
  PM Quote Reply
16th Post
repsilon

Mana: 
Makaira had ten I believe, Kryptonite 9, and Sin Cuidado 7. The results may say less. Freebird I think had ten and would have won on time. Maybe Dorado counted for points in Catch and Release? I guess Makaira weighed one 16# on Sunday. We made weight by one ounce - 15#, Saturday. A 26# Dorado was weighed, but not in any jackpots. He should have got a trophy. Another of 25# was weighed, but not in the tournament I believe.

Posted: Wed Jul 10th, 2019 10:50 pm
  PM Quote Reply
17th Post
striptease

Mana: 
I have not seen the "official" results anywhere.  All I now for sure is that there were lots of problems and Cortezano released 7 and did not place.

Posted: Wed Jul 10th, 2019 11:53 pm
  PM Quote Reply
18th Post
repsilon

Mana: 
How did you compare with Sin Cuidado for catch times? I never saw the rules, so don't know how a tie was determined for this tournament.

Posted: Thu Jul 11th, 2019 12:17 am
  PM Quote Reply
19th Post
m620c

Mana: 
The times really wouldn't matter, as they were not accurate, especially early Saturday.  I listened to CORTAZANO  call for a code number for over ten minutes.  Just like FREE BIRD identified the problem with the app and was told by TOURNAMENT CONTROL, "we will find a work-around", this was for fish already released.  LOTS OF PROBLEMS!!

Posted: Thu Jul 11th, 2019 05:51 am
  PM Quote Reply
20th Post
repsilon

Mana: 
I understand the 'muchas problemas'. Freebird I thought was telling me that they would have been first on time with a tied amount of billfish based on the rules. We had to have money corrected in the Rescate on that matter, which there happened! Makaira did supposedly have a 16# dorado Sunday, that I didn't see and maybe Freebird didn't realize. They still should have been second. Seems like all photos and times should have been saved, even if they didn't download. Sounded like maybe only 'select' teams were credited releases at the Sunday start? Not my problem, as I am trying to learn to  never invest in tournaments. Not sure if they finally gave Pilo the motor from last year. The promise of double prizes didn't happen, and not everyone realized the catch and release incentives. Was the Dorado minimum really raised to 40#? My spanish isn't good, but saw a post from bigfish.com (southern kill tournaments) applauding, or more chastising? some Mexican teams for releasing possible weighable prize winning sailfish. The last smaller photo of the one weighed 65# sail, close to the 70# minimum, is to me clearly larger than the others. As they are all photos out of the water, as many vain Facebook photos lately, they probably could have just continued the killing process. (Alright, I may be implicated in pulling some 50# and under fish carefully aboard for a very quick photo). I am appalled at most mate's release efforts here. Such a great turnout and extraordinary charity money raised, too bad they didn't make right on their errors and continue the recent positive trend of this tournament.

Last edited on Thu Jul 11th, 2019 05:52 am by repsilon

Current time is 04:44 am Page:    1  2  Next Page Last Page    
San Carlos, Sonora, Mexico Forums > Topical Forums > San Carlos Fishing Forum > Dates of the 72 (Zaragoza) International Billfish Tournament? Top

UltraBB 1.172 Copyright © 2007-2014 Data 1 Systems