San Carlos, Sonora, Mexico Forums Home 

San Carlos Mexico Forum
Welcome to our forum. In order to post in our forums you must be registered. Please take a minute to register to enjoy the full benefits of the forum. Registration is FREE and your information is kept private. When registering, please make sure your email address is entered correctly-if incorrect, you will not receive your validation message. Please do not use your email address as your user name for your own privacy and security. Gmail account users should check spam or trash folders for our validation message after initial registration. We also suggest you add host@sancarlosmexico.com to your white list.

This message board requires you to register in order to post new topics, reply to topics started by other users, start polls, or vote on polls. As a registered user, you can edit your own posts, upload photos and view our photo gallery, and send private messages to other members of the board. Registered users can keep track of the topics they are interested in, and receive e-mail notifications when someone posts to one of those topics. Registered users can choose a theme and setup a profile, to include hometown, email & web address and avatar if desired.
We do ask that you post in the appropriate forum-look over the subjects and topics of all forums including the mercado section before making your first post. Posts in the wrong forum or not related to San Carlos may be moved or deleted without notice.
Please take a moment and register to enjoy all the benefits of the forum.
Bienvenidos!

Moderated by: bartmanaz
New Topic Reply Printer Friendly
Oncologist  Rate Topic 
AuthorPost
 Posted: Sun Jan 6th, 2019 11:59 pm
  PM Quote Reply
1st Post
KimG

Mana: 
I’m a 2x breast cancer survivor. Found a lump the other day and had an ultrasound done on it.  Radiologist report said it was a benign cyst.  Hoping she’s right, but due to my history of aggressive cancer and high recurrence rate I’d like to get an oncologist’s opinion and possibly a biopsy. Can anyone recommend someone in Hermosillo. 

Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

Posted: Mon Jan 7th, 2019 08:24 pm
  PM Quote Reply
2nd Post
LeslieS

Mana: 
Dr. Sanchez
San Jose Hospital

Posted: Tue Jan 8th, 2019 12:10 am
  PM Quote Reply
3rd Post
johnmoore

Mana: 
I would seek a referral from one of our local physicians here in town. 

Posted: Tue Jan 8th, 2019 05:23 am
  PM Quote Reply
4th Post
Hook

Mana: 
If this is whom I think it is, Kim you should call Shelly and ask for Dr. Lozano's number in Hermosillo. He is not an oncologist (believe he is an orthopedic surgeon) but he has been good at recommending doctors up there in other specialties, to several people I know. He and his father (also a doctor) have worked up there for a while. Mostly at Cima.

I would consider Leslie's suggestion, too. I believe she is pretty familiar with some of the docs at San Jose.

Posted: Tue Jan 8th, 2019 09:46 pm
  PM Quote Reply
5th Post
dolphin007

Mana: 
A 2 time Cancer survivor, You are an insperation to many who are still walking that journey.
Good Luck to ya KIMG. You sound like a strong determined gal :O) No doubt a tuff mental strain on you. Getting a second opinion is SMART
Looks like you got two really good referels in Hermosillo!

SENDING VERY POSATIVE THOUGHTS YOUR WAY.... :D:cool:

Posted: Wed Jan 9th, 2019 02:48 am
  PM Quote Reply
6th Post
IronMan

Mana: 
If I were dealing with a life/death situation, I am afraid I would look NOB. Not based on personal experience; based on people I have known who did not fare well within the system locally. Just a note of caution to counter the opinions of those who are opposed to, or predisposed against treatment NOB.

Best of luck, sincerely,
Craig

Posted: Wed Jan 9th, 2019 07:52 am
  PM Quote Reply
7th Post
Hook

Mana: 
The cost of medical treatment in the US has many opposed to or predisposed against it.

Seriously, a biopsy is a biopsy, these days, when you are talking about labs in both countries that service these fine hospitals.

Now, treatment might be another thing.

Posted: Wed Jan 9th, 2019 05:33 pm
  PM Quote Reply
8th Post
Bullshipper

Mana: 
My sister in law had a 1st lump removed by a private surgeon at Cima who also treated her with chemo followed by radiology 6 years ago.

He is Dr Hernandez, at Clinica Noroeste.

I believe the entire bill, with a the govnt subsidy for the chemo and radiology was $13K usd, and she is still ok according to bi annual check ups.

He, his staff, and both hospitals were really kind, patient and very caring.

My mom has had it 2 times in California, and her docs were rough with her.

Last edited on Wed Jan 9th, 2019 05:36 pm by Bullshipper

Posted: Wed Jan 9th, 2019 06:20 pm
  PM Quote Reply
9th Post
dolphin007

Mana: 
Iron Man, I also would agree, that if NOB is an option, I would go NORTH OF THE BOARDER with my biopsy results for a second opinion.  That's just me. However, I do feel there are very good Doctors at SEMA.  We people here many here in SC. That no longer have insurance in the states or aren't old enough to collect SS. So that leaves little option...:?

Posted: Wed Jan 9th, 2019 07:16 pm
  PM Quote Reply
10th Post
Bullshipper

Mana: 
Clinica Noroeste and Clinica Licona are good small hospitals with good Drs that are cheaper than Cima or Hospital San Jose in Hmo if budget is a concern.

Posted: Wed Jan 9th, 2019 09:52 pm
  PM Quote Reply
11th Post
IronMan

Mana: 
I am still working at age 66, with a great job, a high quality/high deductible insurance plan with Flex-Spending and HSA accounts I fund to the maximum allowed, and enough funds in the HSA to cover the maximum O.O.P. for any event/year, so yes, that is a consideration.

Having said that, I would have spent any amount required for the outcome I had with my cancer. I feel I had a superior team that probably saved my life, and did it with an extremely non-invasive procedure with almost no recovery required, so I am more than grateful. It would have been much different for me to go through the process without the support I had, with some of that being the ability to converse without any language/translation barrier. I spent hours in consultation with the urologist, radiation oncologist, robotic surgery oncologist, and of course my Primary. Each of them assisted greatly in my understanding of the disease, and with the knowledge to guide my decision process for my treatment options. I would not have been as comfortable in Mexico, or France, or Germany in the same circumstances.

Again, my very best wishes to KimG in her time of need.

Craig

Posted: Thu Jan 10th, 2019 04:41 pm
  PM Quote Reply
12th Post
KimG

Mana: 
Thanks Hook!

Posted: Thu Jan 10th, 2019 04:42 pm
  PM Quote Reply
13th Post
KimG

Mana: 
Thanks Leslie!

Posted: Thu Jan 10th, 2019 04:43 pm
  PM Quote Reply
14th Post
KimG

Mana: 
Thanks All!

Last edited on Thu Jan 10th, 2019 04:46 pm by KimG

Posted: Thu Jan 10th, 2019 06:49 pm
  PM Quote Reply
15th Post
Bullshipper

Mana: 
Glad to hear your doing well Craig!

Current time is 07:45 am  
San Carlos, Sonora, Mexico Forums > Topical Forums > San Carlos Forum > Oncologist Top

UltraBB 1.172 Copyright © 2007-2014 Data 1 Systems