San Carlos, Sonora, Mexico Forums Home 

San Carlos Mexico Forum
Welcome to our forum. In order to post in our forums you must be registered. Please take a minute to register to enjoy the full benefits of the forum. Registration is FREE and your information is kept private. When registering, please make sure your email address is entered correctly-if incorrect, you will not receive your validation message. Please do not use your email address as your user name for your own privacy and security. Gmail account users should check spam or trash folders for our validation message after initial registration. We also suggest you add host@sancarlosmexico.com to your white list.

This message board requires you to register in order to post new topics, reply to topics started by other users, start polls, or vote on polls. As a registered user, you can edit your own posts, upload photos and view our photo gallery, and send private messages to other members of the board. Registered users can keep track of the topics they are interested in, and receive e-mail notifications when someone posts to one of those topics. Registered users can choose a theme and setup a profile, to include hometown, email & web address and avatar if desired.
We do ask that you post in the appropriate forum-look over the subjects and topics of all forums including the mercado section before making your first post. Posts in the wrong forum or not related to San Carlos may be moved or deleted without notice.
Please take a moment and register to enjoy all the benefits of the forum.
Bienvenidos!

Moderated by: bartmanaz  
AuthorPost
Aleman69

Mana: 
Over the years the aeration and the spin filter for the treatment of the water on the Golf Course been removed. Now the untreated sewage water been sprinklered all over the Golf Course. I heard from a few people that they have infection on there hand. All I can say if you play on this course use proper shoes and most important sanitize your hands us much you can, even the men's bathrooms are looked up. Please be careful E-coli and Giardia are no joke.  

Righton

Mana: 
What would happen if that was reported to the health department or is there a health department?

Aleman69

Mana: 
People ask me about this, special when the wind is blowing and the stink blow in all our Houses. Maybe we should find out from some city officials.

Righton

Mana: 
Sounds like an excellent idea!!

maryt

Mana: 
Doesn´t the water for the golf course come from the pond by Beltrones? My understanding is that that water comes from the regular settlement ponds behind Marina Seca. If so, then it is unfair to say the water is untreated sewage water. It is primary treated as is all the sewage water around here but with an extra pond for for more settlement.

Aleman69

Mana: 

With all respect settlement does not remove any Viruses or Bacteria, this is why Aeration is so important but the Administration of the Country Club removed the Aeration to save 30$ in Power expenses.  

The Prices to play in San Carlos is based at the Price of Los Lagos Hermosillo. Anybody who played in Los Lagos knows what a beautiful and maintain Course this  is. The Water they using is also comes from raw water but they treat the water and not spray this stinking shit on to people.

Bullshipper

Mana: 
Primary treatment is to settle solids. Secondary is to aereate to break the ammonia compounds into nitrite and nitrates. This is also done at the plant by the floating aerators in the settling ponds and the nitrites go off to the atmosphere. 

The SC plant does not have a tertiary system with media so the water is then is irrigated onto soil and grass that naturally contain nitrifying bacteria. This bateria converts the nitrate to nutrients  so that plants can use it as fertilizer as is done commonly all over the world.

Bacteria, parasites, virus and other pathogens are eliminated as a 4th process using chlorine or ozone at the well head or pump delivering potable water for human consumption. Filters do not kill pathogens.

All golfers know that golf course irrigation water is unfit for human consumption.  1000's of courses do this. 

I get it that you are trying to hurt the owners her in SC, but you spreading false info that also hurts our SC tourism is slander in my opinion. 

Last edited on Fri Dec 14th, 2018 06:04 pm by Bullshipper

Aleman69

Mana: 

Bullshipper to make you happy I will take tomorrow a water sample and pay to get the water tested by a certified Laboratory in Guaymas to clear all questions.

I live at the Golf Course for many years and I play Golf, I never been sprayed any where in the world with such sticky sewage smelling water.

long time resident

Mana: 
I have played the golf course many times over the years, and it does smell. I can not personally say how they are treating the water, but it is definitely foul smelling.

Snuffy

Mana: 
The most stinky part of the whole thing is my swing!!

Bullshipper

Mana: 
long time resident wrote: I have played the golf course many times over the years, and it does smell. I can not personally say how they are treating the water, but it is definitely foul smelling.

If it stinks then the water plant is not aerating it for enough time. If they aerate it at the course it will make a stink close to the homes and club.

aligato

Mana: 
I live on the golf course, it does not always smell when they water, only every once in awhile, so I think Bullshipper is right.

Righton

Mana: 
Aleman69. When will you get the lab report back?

Aleman69

Mana: 

The Water sample was taken today from a Employ of the Country Club and we bring the Sample today later to the Laboratory.

We used to have aeration in the pond behind the Pump house for the Golf Course, yes it was removed. We used to have Spin filter in the Pump house, yes it was removed.

Bullshipper tell me where I try to make harm to the Tourist industry by addressing Problems.

We used to have a beautiful Driving ranch sold for Cash
We used to have Tennis courts, now complete destroyed
We used to have function bathrooms for men and woman, they are locked up or dirty
We used to have a safety rail to and from the Bridge now rusted away 
We used to have a beautiful 11 Fairway, bulldoze to sell Land
We used to have Lockers for our Golf equipment all destroyed
We used to have 30+ running Golf Cars , what happen

Maybe you should go to the Administer of the Golf Course and find out about all this issues and then inform us. Please   

aligato

Mana: 
The driving range was moved and basically looks like the old one did.
Tennis courts no longer owned by the golf course.
The bathrooms still function, members are issued keys to access them as they were being used by non-golfers making them filthy.
I believe the bridge is the responsibility of the Royal HOA...I could be wrong, but this is what I have been told.
The 11th fairway has not been "beautiful" since Jimena.
There are still lockers in the ladies locker room...not sure about the men's, but no one cares to use them.
Down to 6 carts...don't know what happened there, a failure to maintain them is my guess!

lasninas

Mana: 
If the water sample comes back as harmful then you can make a claim with the health department.

Aleman69

Mana: 

The 11 Fairway was bulldoze by the current Administration and the TEE boxes moved with only one interest to sell the Land. 

The safety Rail is responsibility of the Golf Course 

Please try to get a Key to the men's Bathroom at the 6 hole, it doesn't exist we ask  

Please people be real 

Aleman69

Mana: 
the new Driving Ranch is hazard for the people in Solimar, where is the safety net 

Bullshipper

Mana: 
Aleman69 wrote: Over the years the aeration and the spin filter for the treatment of the water on the Golf Course been removed. Now the untreated sewage water been sprinklered all over the Golf Course. I heard from a few people that they have infection on there hand. All I can say if you play on this course use proper shoes and most important sanitize your hands us much you can, even the men's bathrooms are looked up. Please be careful E-coli and Giardia are no joke.  

You are suggesting that people will catch E-coli and you don't think that affects tourism or the property values of your neighbors.

Please also explain to me how aeration and centrifuges kill deadly pathogens while you are at it. 

Aleman69

Mana: 

If it stinks then the water plant is not aerating it for enough time. If they aerate it at the course it will make a stink close to the homes and club.

Bullshipper it stinks direct with the wind blowing in our Homes.

I make no damage to the Tourism in San Carlos, but look the Golf Towers are they not beautiful and how many people last there hard earned money by investing in to the Project.

You seen the pump house and the water treatment for the Golf Course? ask them to take a tour and please check the electrical control panel for the pump house to.

When you finish I invite you to my house and show you how much damage I have to my property investment and maybe you see a different picture who really makes all the damage to San Carlos and the Tourism. You welcome anytime. 

dolphin007

Mana: 
ALEMAN69 I looking forward to you getting your water samples back!

LOOK! Nobody is really dogging on San Carlos, Their frustrated! Many are simply telling the truth about the very real issues we have down here! If you lived on one of those fairways in question, you're probably concerned as well. You thought you bought fairway views? That could possibly change.  That would be terrible!!  I don't live in that part of San Carlos, HOWEVER, I FELT BAD THAT PEOPLE WOULD DARE SAY THAT THIS MAN  IS BEING SLANDEROUS!!!

AMAZING TO WHAT EXTREMES SOME WILL GO TO SPEAK NOTHING BUT RAINBOWS AND UNICORNS IN SAN CARLOS!

Alermen, You NEVER SAID anyone WOULD in fact, catch those nasty diseases, you merely suggested that both of those bacteria's are nothing to mess with! I'm with you frankly, touching the ground/grass that many times would suggest that a person should use extra hygiene precautions!!  Aleman, you've lived in SC for many years, your a business owner as well. VERY UNDESERVED SCARE TACTIC BEING USED ON YOU. That's a laughing joke!  Slander! Please! 
Try to take that one to court! ha,ha,! 

We all have agreed on NUMEROUS OCCASIONS  that going through the court system in Mexico takes longer then many of us have years left to even live!!!  

PLEASE!!! It's not like people aren't diagnosed with both those bacteria regularly! Stay real folks! San Carlos is merely a little town on the outskirts of Guaymas!
IT DOESNT SEEM FAIR THAT PEOPLE GANG UP ON SOMEONE FOR SPEAKING THERE MIND. Is there? we have a sewage and water issue all over Guaymas and San Carlos! The majority of folks play golf on that course because its all there is!!

I think there are some beautiful homes in the Country Club. This works for many people!

ALL buyers should school themselves to the issues San Carlos is facing right now! Sad but true. IT SIMPLY IS WHAT IT IS!   Hopefully with the opportunity opening up for more Mexican Nationals to move to San Carlos with their money that follows, just maybe they will have the same concerns and will promote change for SAN CARLOS!
WE ARE GUEST!!!!

WHY DONT GRINGO'S who seem to think they have so much pull with the local government push to separate San Carlos?  Many of you OWN BUSINESSES, maybe the PUSH should be HARDER TO LOBBY GUAYMAS TO LET SAN CARLOS BECOME IT'S OWN CITY(sector?)

We already know the answer to that question! Oh, it could be done, but the Mexican Gov in Guaymas isn't EVER gonna let that happen! WE MAKE TO MUCH MONEY FOR GUAYMAS!
The Golf course its self has HAD ISSUES for a long time. ( horse poop and cow poop everywhere, HUMPY. LUMPY, The stench from the nasty water smell and the general upkeeped fairways is far from what a 1st TIME VISITOR WOULD EXPECT!! When you vacation at most resorts, the golf courses seem to be a priority and maintained nicely. 
( So many courses worldwide are suffering, it's just so expensive!) 
San Carlos golf course ISNT in parrel for those reasons.

A Un knowing person would not expect to show up for vacation and see a golf course like ours! lOTS OF OTHER POSITIVE BEAUTIFUL THINGS TO DO AND SEE.

SC has been in the middle of controversy for years. ANYONE WHOSE BEEN HERE ANY LENGTH OF TIME IS WELL AWARE! Up until last year, many things were tolerable. The water and very poor sewage issues are a reason for concern.  SAN CARLOS ISNT IN HONDURAS FOR GOODNESS SAKES!  Mexico does have the resources to fix all this.. BUT seems all we ever get is lip service promises!
Stay the course Almen!  
I get it, nobody wants to lose their investments in San Carlos. Especially the folks who have CHOSEN TO OPEN A BUSINESS. But we all knew when we MOVED HERE and purchased that ANYTHING CAN HAPPEN AT any time!!!

Non of this is new! Things have just gotten WORSE AND THAT'S A FACT!
The golf course doent seem to  be improving either!

Last edited on Tue Dec 18th, 2018 06:59 pm by dolphin007

dorados

Mana: 
I don't have a dog in this fight but I think a couple points need to be made.
l.) While I know absolutely nothing about water aerification I do know that I have played golf all over Mexico and have only been grossed out by the raw sewage smell in one place. San Carlos
2.)If you think a visitor experience is enhanced by playing the San Carlos club in its recent state you haven't been listening. Most visitors I have talked to think it is extremely overpriced and in poor shape. Go play Loreto Bay. Similar area, similar greens fees and a nice experience.
3.) If you think buying a lot or house on the golf course and having the same people who sold you the Golf Course lot or house do a subdivision between your property and the golf course is good for San Carlos growth and confidence you look at things differently than I do.
I think someone is hurting our San Carlos tourism and confidence in local real estate investment but I think it is the same people who left us with those beautiful San Carlos Golf Towers and the subdivision of the 11th fairway, not that crazy German

Bullshipper

Mana: 
To be clear, I live in Solimar, so what happens there affects me too.
l have not smelt the stink yet, so perhaps this is an slight exaggeration, or perhaps I have been lucky as I have not left all year.
Third, the party responsible for stinky water is the CEA as they are the suppliers. So if you or Aleman  have a problem you should take action and file complaint. But understand that when there is a surge in tourists in SC the water going to the plant will increase and so will the stink as it spends less time being aereated in the same number ponds. This is a problem at all tourist locations, such as is the case in Ventura and Santa Barbara California.
Lastley, we all have property rights, but the last time I checked my rights end at my property line and my neighbors can do anything they want on their side of the line as as long as the zoning laws and city regulations are not broken. I may not like someone changing my view but my only recourse is to again file a complaint  with the proper authority, and not try to scare the locals with loose talk of diseases without the facts to back up their claims that could affect our mutual propert values.
The people that live on the golf course, and in other neighborhoods in SC have had to sell at a loss, I get that, but this has been the case for years, not months.

Last edited on Wed Dec 19th, 2018 10:49 pm by Bullshipper

Jimmy

Mana: 

Well, Bull, San Carlos isn't Cali...Thank God...most folks here couldn't afford to live there (ie Santa Barbara,Ventura, or anywhere else along the Cali Coast)...I suppose that's why you and all the others have decided to live here in an Ocean side town in Mexico, a foreign Country... because it is affordable...Especially you who is living in the Low rent area Solimar (my guess is that you are a renter..si or no?)...How dare you insult the folks who paid their hard earned retirement money to live in the area of the Country Club, on the Golf Course, and tell them that they have to expect to sell their precious property at a loss!! Only an uncaring callous Brute with no vested interest would suggest such a thing!!!

Oh Jimmy

Last edited on Thu Dec 20th, 2018 01:28 am by Jimmy

Aleman69

Mana: 

Good Morning

The Laboratory in Guaymas was not able to Test the Water. I been advised to use the CIAD Laboratory in Hermosillo. This Laboratory is run by the Mexican Government and will do the testing for E-coli, Giardia and Fescalis. The Laboratory will reopen the first week in January 2019. 

Play safe, Merry Chrismas

dolphin007

Mana: 
Jimmy, Thanks for saying what others wish they could say. I know you have no ill feelings towards SC. You have been around as long as many other long timers.

Maybe Hermosillo wouldn't be the best place to test that water. I CAN'T IMAGINE WHY CEA couldn't do it?? Or WOULDNT DO IT?? Remember the Alcohol checkpoint Post????? 20 bucks will buy you right out of a drunk driving arrest!
Maybe have someone take it up to the states? OMG! That would be scary results!
Can we all agree at some point, ones health has to become more important than MONEY at some point!

With all due respect to the folks that have sold every single thing they own to come to live in Paradise.
We live in a THIRD WORLD COUNTRY and unless you're very wealthy ( which I'm not ) It's clear by looking around, this government doesn't appear to care about the health and safety of its own people let alone us....When ya break it all down all these subjects just keep being talked about yet nothing gets better. There are many that are now in a financial situation that they cant leave... Sad but true!

No need to compare the USA to Mexico, that's just a smoke screen! ANYWAY, YOU LOOK AT IT, YOUR STILL comparing apples to Oranges! That just cracks me up when I hear people say that..
HEY, MAYBE YOUR WATER TEST WILL COME BACK GREAT?? I'll BE THE FIRST TO APOLOGIZE AND TAKE BACK EVERY WORD. I hope in this lifetime I'm proven wrong. Just an Opinion.

jimw

Mana: 

Untreated water for irrigation of golf course. Good for the grass but bad for the golfers?
 Let's see. For the water to be contaminated it would mean that there are sick people living in the at the golf course community that are infecting the water. I am not aware of a large number of ill people there. If one or two people are carriers of of pathogenic ecoli (not all ecoli cause disease) then their contribution to the volume of water in the settling ponds would be quiet small. There is a further dilution when the pond water is spread on the area of the golf course. I would say that the amount of disease causing bacteria that you are exposed to at the golf course would be no greater than that found in other areas of San Carlos. 
 Washing you hands, eating well cooked food, having a good immune system all help in protecting you from getting sick. 
 The fact that there are  thriving water purification businesses in San Carlos infers that that the community water piped into our homes is contaminated. 
 Please, the sky is not falling.  Having "contaminated water"  on the golf course is not a hazard. 

Aleman69

Mana: 
The biological composition of recycled water is of concern because of potential presence of pathogenic bacteria and viruses.  Properly operated secondary and advanced treatment plants can reduce pathogen concentrations significantly. (Asano, et al., 1984). However, it is difficult to insure complete, continuous elimination of pathogens, and the potential for disease transmission through reuse of treated effluent water, although highly improbable, remains a concern. Although some risk of human exposure to pathogens exists in almost every  waste-water reclamation operation, the health concern in each situation is proportional to the degree of human contact with the water, and the adequacy and reliability of the waste-water treatment processes. Effluent waters are not generally released for irrigation without prior approval of public health authorities. Regulations concerning the use of recycled water vary among countries and localities.  A basic objective of these regulations is assuring human health protection without unnecessarily discouraging wastewater reclamation; the degree of treatment required increases with the likelihood of human exposure to the wastewater. Therefore, most regulations specify different reuse standards for wastewater irrigation, impoundments, and groundwater recharge. They also differentiate between types of landscape irrigation based on public access to the use area and thus expected public exposure to the recycled water. Wastewater that has received secondary treatment and been disinfected to a level of 23 total coliforms per 100 mL, for example, may contain both bacterial and viral pathogens, so direct contact with the water should be avoided. 
However, assuming that irrigation occurs during periods when the public is excluded from the use area, and that there is sufficient time for the grounds to dry before use, direct contact with the recycled water is avoided.  Health risks may then arise from indirect contact only – with grass, shrubs, and objects that have been previously wetted with recycled water. Even such indirect contact is relatively infrequent in places like golf courses, freeway landscapes, and cemeteries, and probably does not warrant the expense of requiring recycled irrigation water used in these areas to be free of all infectious organisms.  On the other hand, parks, playgrounds, schoolyards, and similar areas are more intensively used, and children may be especially susceptible to some of the pathogens typically found in sewage. Therefore, the quality and treatment requirements for this type of landscape irrigation are identical to those required for the spray irrigation of food crops. The possibility of disease transmission, by aerosols or wind-blown spray from landscape irrigation, although slight, must also be considered, because of the proliferation of reuse projects in urban settings or adjacent to populated areas. The degree of potential hazard depends on several factors, including degree of wastewater treatment, extent of aerosol or water-droplet travel, proximity to populated areas or areas accessible to the public, prevailing climatic conditions, and design of the irrigation system. 

IRRIGATING TURFGRASS AND LANDSCAPE PLANTS WITH MUNICIPAL RECYCLED WATER   M. A. Harivandi University of California Cooperative Extension 1131 Harbor Bay Parkway, Suite 131 Alameda, CA. 94502 U. S. A. 

Last edited on Wed Dec 26th, 2018 04:17 pm by bartmanaz

bartmanaz
Administrator

Mana: 
Aleman
Pretty obvious you did not write this lengthy scientific discussion nor did you cite your source. Therefore it is a copyright violation and will be deleted unless you add the source NLT tomorrow.

To all: Please do not copy the work of others and post it here without giving the appropriate reference and credit. That violates our terms of use policy

Footnote: The source was provided and included  

Last edited on Wed Dec 26th, 2018 04:20 pm by bartmanaz

Snuffy

Mana: 
How'd you know Bart?.....
oh ya every word is spelled correctly and there are complete sentences.

jimw

Mana: 

Aleman, I agree with your article since it talks about "potential" and "pathogens". I would still claim that there would be more pathogens blowing in the wind and settling on the golf course than from the sewage water from a healthy population. The sun, wind- open air, will kill many pathogens (e-coli according to wikipedia will not survive on counter tops for more than 15 minutes).Our immune systems are able to handle small amounts pathogens.

I am not sure what a sample of the water will conclude. Of course it will have bacteria and spores and even if they are pathogenic you cannot know for how long they will survive once exposed to the air and sun. Also the same spores may have blown in into the water from somewhere else.

However,this water, aesthetically has a yuk factor, but to me it poses no threat. We live in the desert and need to be innovative in the use of our water.

Think of it as recycled water the grass will thrive and the risk to golfers is overstated.

Actually,  the harm from herbicides and insecticides on golf courses in general much greater for golfers and those living close to the fairways. I see now that glyphosate (Roundup)- a very common herbicide, is now being banned in some areas for it's potential bad effect on humans.

Maybe the owner of the golf course can find another use for the land. Any ideas?

jimw

Mana: 
Copied from the above article: "However, assuming that irrigation occurs during periods when the public is excluded from the use area, and that there is sufficient time for the grounds to dry before use, direct contact with the recycled water is avoided.  Health risks may then arise from indirect contact only – with grass, shrubs, and objects that have been previously wetted with recycled water. Even such indirect contact is relatively infrequent in places like golf courses, freeway landscapes, and cemeteries, and probably does not warrant the expense of requiring recycled irrigation water used in these areas to be free of all infectious organisms."

So, according to the above [size=author it  should be ok to use this water.]

Bullshipper

Mana: 
The town is growing, and so will the stink at the reycle ponds if more are not built to handle increased flows, especifically on weekends, now that a lot more water is being stored during the week at each home in cisterns. Unforunately, a small town water system collecting $20 a month from some of the few residents here never going to fund this, so either land taxes, development taxes, or monthly water rates along with a sewage charge is the only way of keeping up with this unless people start drilling their own wells to protect their property investments. But golf courses are doomed I am afraid so it is unfortunate that the people around the CC will soon loose this green area and that lot prices there will go down making building there more attractive.

Righton

Mana: 
When will the water test be done?

Righton

Mana: 
Sounds like the water to be tested in Hermosillo has been there for some time and hasn't been tested. Guess they gave up on the test.

Aleman69

Mana: 
No sprinklers running for a week now

Hook

Mana: 
Well, I've stopped watering too, after the last rains.

Righton

Mana: 
Aleman, they have been watering the course so maybe you can now get a sample to be tested.

Aleman69

Mana: 
Sorry was out of town , going next week to Hermosillo to bring the Water sample to CIAD Laboratory. 

I apologize to the person i affended bye not writing perfect english, sorry it is my third Language. 

Righton

Mana: 
Sounds like the water testing is not going to happen. I understood it was to bee done the first week of JAN. And here it's the first week of Feb. and they have been watering the course.

dolphin007

Mana: 

May I ask how many live in San Carlos as a permenent resident? Official card carring resident of MX? ( I ask, because many live here with no official anything let alone permission to stay longer then supposed)  Im not suggesting you do nor am I passing judgement on others. To each is own down here.  San Carlos is a beautiful little VERY INEXPENSIVE PLACE TO LIVE AND BE NEAR THE OCEAN. That is impossible to find these days in the USA.
So I do feel fortunate and greatful to have experienced living here. Look how many brand new full timers have moved down here.   Like I said before, regardless of the problems, people will continue to come.    

Back to my original question, It would appear that if anyone answer YES to both questions, then you have to be aware of the WATER running through the ground pipes is terrible and getting worse rather then better.. We talk as if these words are Greek to our ears. This baffles me! The water situation is not good. We are buying water from private sources and still paying a monthly water bill. Is This an acceptable practice? Does it sound very Lawful? In the States that would be a crime. But We are guest here in Mexico.. 

Like other issues we are presently having The golf course is no exception. It's had a fare share of problems or some scam going on.. 

Why bust poster Alermans Bal**?  The guy pointed out a very valid issue! He never said anyone would CATCH THE CRUD. HE SAID THE WATER WAS NASTY SMELLING and carried bacteria, the pumps dont work properly etc.. True or not?   Give the man a break.
This is not the USA, Canada, etc.., Sounds down righ logical that touching the wet ground out on the golf course COULD put a person at higher risk of catching an intestinal bug.  Just sounds logical. Im not the expert, just try to use common sense...

Here in these small towns and pueblos of Mexico this is NO BIG surprise or even a big deal! This has been the NORM in Guaymas for a long time!

This is still treated a a third world Country that chooses to invest very little into the infrastructure of San Carlos. I dont say that in meanness, I say that with what Ive seen over the past years with my own eyes.
Is this sad, I think so. But?????  Nothing were going to do about it unles we decide to pony up EVERY LAST DIME TO FIX IT!   ( Every year, Things get done in SC to accomodate Semana Santa After that, it seems down hill until next Feb. One Month before the biggest MONEY MAKING holiday occures.

So Alermans comment does sounds logical to me. I wonder just how many people actually agree and dont say because they dont want the stigma of being a SHEET DISTURBER! 

Fact is we have raw sewage that runs down the main streets and many side streets  much of the time. 
TRASH stacked everywhere, and Guaymas is far worse! 
Our Pipes are broken much of the time. 
So why the big push to defend or argue about the crappy water. 

I'd say Nasty gross smelling bacteria carring water on the Country club golf course isnt a far fetched theroy at all..  

I hope Alerman does follow through with the test. Maybe he decided it wasnt in the best interest to do so????????????   Just saying?

I think their are a lot of people who want to know the TRUTH. 
If the TRUTH is even a possability???

Last edited on Mon Feb 4th, 2019 08:39 pm by dolphin007

Bullshipper

Mana: 
I really think this will end up like chasing your own tail.
No one is getting sick, are they?
Did the golf course obligate themselves in writing or say they would only use chlorinated potable water for irrigation too?
Will the water test reveal what pathogens , bacteria or virus it carries or just if it meets state potable standard. Are they really going to go to the expese of culturing the samples for days to see whats in them?
Really, are a lot of golfers getting sick?

Hook

Mana: 
It's hard to tell. Seems like the whole town has been sick, at one point or another, this year. A mystery flu (that even people who got flu shots still contracted) and a bad head cold are the most common ailments. The flu can leave you with a wet cough for weeks afterwards.

But all this has affected many people who dont live on the course, nor play golf.

dolphin007

Mana: 
Hook, I and many can relate to your statement. I too am one of those who picked up a bacterial intestinal virus,
( not food poisoning. )

I was seen by a doctor in Guaymas, placed on a strong antibiotic. The doctor himself told me that in his opinion, the trash and sewage have become a serious health issue and has become a problem for many residents both in Guaymas and San Carlos. I WAS SO DANG SICK, wasn't really getting better after 2 rounds of meds so I ended up going to the states to see a gastrointestinal specialist. After explaining my symptoms and the length of time, the specialist asked me what had changed recently in my diet or environment. 

I did tell him I live full time in San Carlos, Mexico. I stressed that I hardly ever get sick and I wasn't new to my environment.... Fortunately;), this particular doctor has a home in Rocky Point Mexico, so I didn't have to listen to the same old song and dance about MEXICO'S DOCTORS, med's, sickness, BLAH, BLAH, BLAH! ( thank goodness)
 I have a fine very competent doctor in San Carlos that does a far better job than many American doctors I've seen!! So that wasn't an issue at all.. ( My SC Doc was not in town at the time)

Nothing could be pinpointed specifically.   I felt like I had serious flu symptoms. ( just sick!) major abdominal and intestinal pain, a really, really bad hacking cough, no cold symptoms, which was odd. ( 3 weeks of this) I finally got better,( except a cough!)
Better so I thought! 1 week later it was back with a vengeance, So back on the medicine, finally after almost 2 full months, I got better. ( I had stayed at my other home in Phoenix the second time around ) I was really under the weather. What caused this? Dunno?
I hadn't left SC since Feb 2018. I became sick during the summer. The U.S. doctor could only speculate. The doctor in Guaymas told me that he had seen many cases during this same time. He said they just didn't know why so many people were getting so sick. He said that excessive garbage and sewage in the streets cause more rodents and disease to spread. However no direct link to this. The doctor seemed concerned about the existing environment deteriorating so rapidly.

FYI:  I had NOT been out on the golf course directly playing golf at anytime prior to getting sick but had been often to visit a friend who lives right on the course. Personally, I don't think I picked up my bug from the grass on the course, but I do find it odd just how many people were so terribly sick with this same NASTY CRUD this past summer. I have plenty of garbage and sewage on my own street this summer! Hopefully, everything will work out at the golf course.

It sure would be nice if we could get our water back and the garbage picked up "regularly"  That would probably help tremendously. There is no reason San Carlos should be experiencing any of these trash and water issues!  The infrastructure problems have been a long time coming. No excuse.   

Last edited on Tue Feb 5th, 2019 05:22 pm by dolphin007

Bullshipper

Mana: 
When water is sprayed, it is areated, and therefore reacts with oxygen, oxidizing the Amonia componds. The nitrites in the air are quickly dispersed and absorbed making there momentary stink during that reaction, and the water is exposed to UV which helps to kill less resistant pathogens.

All low lying areas, like seasides, are more prone to aquifier contamination with sewage that travels less than 25 feet through the earth prior to mixing with rain water. So I persoanlly am more concerned about our pumping plant running out of chlorine or failing to douse, than water I don't drink. As most golf courses advertise, you should never drink irrigation water and you should wash up prior to eating or after coming in contact.

This practice has been in place for over 50 years, and I personally have never heard of a course being sued. I am a golfer, live on the golf course in the USA and also in Solimar, and this is not something to fret over yet, imo.
But again, I will continue to buy bottled water, like everyone else in Mexico.

Aleman69

Mana: 
Water is been Tested now

MARIGOT

Mana: 
Okay...what are the results?

aligato

Mana: 
I think he meant being tested

MARIGOT

Mana: 
Of course.  Somehow I read that as ‘has been tested now’, like done already.  My bad

Ron & Karen

Mana: 
Though the title of this thread is about the golf course water issue, it SHOULD also be titles San Carlos Water Quality - and in that regard I can suggest two things that would benefit residents:
1. If you own a home then consider installing a "home" water purification system. Expensive? some are and some are not. You would select the system that reflects how much time you spend in San Carlos. The investment enhances your home and experience in San Carlos.
2. If you have a tanaka for water storage be sure to purify the water as much as you need to stay healthy. My military and RV experiences have taught me that 1 teaspoon per 5 gallons of water will keep you healthy. Consider filling up 5-7 gallon jugs and treating the water if you must pay the local water bill.

Lastly - just realize - the problem of deteriating water will never be fixed by the local authorities.

Last edited on Tue Feb 12th, 2019 10:54 am by Ron & Karen

dolphin007

Mana: 
Alerman 69, did the test results come back yet??

Also, Poster#50 does make a good point. if one doesn't have a filtration system. ;-0)

Righton

Mana: 
I would think that since it was said the test would be done the first week of Jan. And now it's the middle of Feb. there will be no test done.

dolphin007

Mana: 
I'm pretty sure most people can see with their own eyes what has happened in San Carlos with regards to the water situation and other real concerns in general.. We are one little sector/colony of Guaymas. Oh well........:(

Last edited on Wed Feb 13th, 2019 09:15 pm by dolphin007

Johnny D

Mana: 
You Old Gringos never learn.
You will always take it up the butt and or pay because that is all you can do.
You will always be taken advantage of. Why? Because as I was once told,
"what do you expect?"
You will continue to complain but do nothing. Why? You have no other place to go.
You accept raw sewerage in the streets and no water, dirty beaches and hit or miss trash pickups. You accept this as "this is Mexico".
Would you accept this from where you came from? No.
But living in your "PARADISE" you accept anything no matter how degrading.
So to all you Old Gringos. Stop complaining and just Pay and Pay like you always do.

IronMan

Mana: 

Aleman69

Mana: 

Let me say this clear, I been threatened by the owner of the Golf Course and served paper by the Police and I still will after the meeting with my Attorney Publish the results.

All I say play safe

Righton

Mana: 
Aleman69-How did Lenny threaten you? He's usually to drunk to see pass his tequila glass. When do you meet with your attorney?

Aleman69

Mana: 
By filling false accusation in the Court of Guaymas, I needed to hire a Attorney to protect my self from his LIES

dolphin007

Mana: 
ALEMAN 69, I'm a guest in this Country, hold a permanent resident card. I'm not confused.  I ABSOLUTELY UNDERSTAND WHAT my limitations are in this country!

IMHO, I wouldn't respond anymore on this thread!! If you choose to reveal the water results later great, if not that's okay. DON'T EVER feel pressured to answer to any of us on any of these boards. I do believe you have submitted the water sample :O)  
If threats weren't LEGITIMATE, then everyone who's been shafted in and around that golf course or ALL the other shakey deals People have invested in would ALL have their money back, Food for thought. 

Asking you to engage any further in this topic is wrong. Some will believe you. Some won't.:?

Nobody can disagree the intire infrastructure of S.C. needs to be rebuilt. ( water, sewage, electrical, roads etc!! ) Will this happen, probably not. It's been going on for some years now.. 
 Just look what shape Guaymas is in. Many Mexican people in Guaymas are perfectly happy with THEIR cute little beach town of San Carlos. Some Mexican folks believe too much money is spent in San Carlos already..:D:cool: Most of us have a choice. 
Accept or leave, that simple..

Last edited on Fri Feb 15th, 2019 07:39 pm by dolphin007

Bullshipper

Mana: 
I live on 2 golf courses and understand your pain.Its just that the water company supplies their water and they will have to remedy the problem at their source unless the golf course wants to upgrade their equipment and add to their day to day expenses. Good luck with that.

I doubt if you can evrn bring much pressure on the state government as they are one of the newspapers larget sdvertising clients.

But if it stinks on Beltrones, the wind will spread your message

Aleman69

Mana: 

Let me say this nicely, last night the smell was on Beltrones from the holding pawn and yes the water what is been used bye the Golf course for watering is 100% unsafe and full of E-coli and other life threatening Bacteria's and Viruses.

I encourage anybody to sanitize there Hands us often they can and stay away from the spray of the sprinkler systems. Believe me this is not a joke this is really dangerous.

I personal will never play at this course again till this situation is fixed.

Be safe 

MARIGOT

Mana: 
Please post the results of the lab tests on the water.
Facts speak loudly...

johnmoore

Mana: 
Yes please post the results of the tests. These accusations have gone on long enough, and you wonder why you are being harassed?

Aleman69

Mana: 
I would like to publish the test, but I was advised by my Attorney  only to use the test to protect my self against false accusation and Lawsuits against the Administrator of the San Carlos Golf Course.

johnmoore

Mana: 
I would disagree with your legal rep, who is your attorney? Test results reflect facts, your accusations, and dire warnings are much more subject to lawsuits, than factual test results.

Aleman69

Mana: 
I listen to my Mexican Attorney, I was already false suit for Extortion by the Administrator of the Golf Course , why because he is trying to hide his criminal activities.

Righton

Mana: 
Aleman 69,
Surely you could share the test results with a friend who could share with others. Ive been here 26 years and a lot od things get shared. Some true and some rumored.

Bullshipper

Mana: 
As mentioned before, the water quality will diminsh when a lot of water goes through the small treatment plant, like this 3 day weekend.

Wen you say the E coli is life threatening, please understand that there are several kinds of coli, and the very dangerous one is what usually travels on food.

This is from the CDC:

Escherichia coli (E. coli) bacteria normally live in the intestines of people and animals. Most E. coli are harmless and actually are an important part of a healthy human intestinal tract. However, some E. coli are pathogenic, meaning they can cause illness, either diarrhea or illness outside of the intestinal tract. The types of E. coli that can cause diarrhea can be transmitted through contaminated water or food, or through contact with animals or persons.

E. coli consists of a diverse group of bacteria. Pathogenic E. coli strains are categorized into pathotypes. Six pathotypes are associated with diarrhea and collectively are referred to as diarrheagenic E. coli.

Shiga toxin-producing E. coli (STEC)—STEC may also be referred to as Verocytotoxin-producing E. coli (VTEC) or enterohemorrhagic E. coli (EHEC). This pathotype is the one most commonly heard about in the news in association with foodborne outbreaks.
Enterotoxigenic E. coli (ETEC)
Enteropathogenic E. coli (EPEC)
Enteroaggregative E. coli (EAEC)
Enteroinvasive E. coli (EIEC)
Diffusely adherent E. coli (DAEC)

Righton

Mana: 
Aleman69,
I would think if you have actual results from the tests that there is a problem with the water there would be no legal liability to share those results as some of us also live on the course.

dolphin007

Mana: 
ALERMAN, Take your Attorney's advise, for the reasons he gave. You know exactly why your not releasing the results. Apparently, some may have their own personal agenda. Clearly, Lenny has an AGENDA! HE HAS BROUGHT LEGAL suit against you.

Follow the advice of your attorney, NOT the board! YOU KNOW HOW THIS WORKS! Tell one, you've just told the entire town. YOUR WELL BEING IS FAR MORE IMPORTANT YOU KNOW BETTER!!!!!  Ya, like everything, runs soooooo legally and honestly in Guaymas San Carlos! Again, Leave the man alone!
only MY 2 cent belly button OPINION.

Last edited on Wed Mar 20th, 2019 09:24 pm by dolphin007

Bullshipper

Mana: 
Its a foregone conclusion that any water used by humans will contain some form of E Coli until its treated with chlorine or ozone.

Settling, filtration or centrifuges does not kill it.

Jimmy

Mana: 
Bullshipper....What is Your Agenda??? Seems to me you are a pal of Lenny and are defending him??  Seems to me..

MARIGOT

Mana: 
Well, I don’t have an agenda and I am not defending Lenny.  But after all the vitriolic postings by Aleman69, all the accusations and warnings about the water, it would be refreshing to see the actual, factual lab results for the water test.
It would either confirm Aleman69’s warnings, or not.

I believe Aleman69 told the readers of this board he would post the results, but I would have to confirm that by rereading the thread.
IMO, if the lab results are as bad as Aleman69 suspected, NOTHING would stop him from sharing that fact.  Because he won’t post the facts, the severity of the results is in question.

Bullshipper

Mana: 
Jimmy wrote: Bullshipper....What is Your Agenda??? Seems to me you are a pal of Lenny and are defending him??  Seems to me..Don’t know him. I live close to the golf course and my property value also concerns me. So this is my attempt to inform those concerned on what are real and imagined heath concerns. Treating water was an occupation of mine.

dolphin007

Mana: 
" Bullshipper say's in a post above" Don’t know him
( Lenny).
I live close to the golf course and my property value also is a concern to me.
I completely agree with the first part of his that statement!!

EVERYONE WITH A VESTED INTEREST HAS THIS SAME CONCERN, and they should!
I don't know Alerman or Lenny!  Maybe some didn't mean to sound that harsh on the man???? ( ALerman )
However, IMO the statement about Alerman is downright horrible to accuse him of withholding info on purpose or sounding like he's downright lying! The man was advised by HIS ATTORNEY NOT TO DISCLOSE ANYMORE INFO TO ANYONE. If this was you, would you go against your attorney's advisement??? I sure wouldn't! Nor would any smart person. Why Hire an attorney, if you're not following their advice? Just saying...
I really think that was unfair to say that to him.

THIS IS ABOUT PEOPLE simply CYA on their investment in the Country club and SC in general. PERIOD..

Will ANYONE die by touching the water or even drinking it? Probably not. It's Mexico, I doubt anyone would be shocked even if there was some nasty crap in the water that would be bad for you. We don't drink this water on that golf course. The water we do drink, usually we have a reverse osmosis system.
THIS IT'S NOT A NEW SUBJECT, THE WATER ON THE GOLF COURSE. ( OR LACK OF AT TIMES)
This exact subject of water and sewage has been discussed, argued and set aside till the cows come home.

Honestly give the man a break, try to disgrace Alderman is just horrible!

WE HAVE straight SEWAGE COMING UP FROM THE streets, sidewalks at times. WE ALL STILL GO  OUTSIDE, WALK OUR DOGS AND CARRY ON AS NORMAL. There is NO disputing that sewage water anywhere is not good for you. ;)

Not too much will deter People from buying in SC. People will still come, they will still play on that course and life as you live it every day will continue there in San Carlos.... Poopy, crappy water has never stopped anyone from going to SC, buying in SC or golfing in SC.

PM the man and ask him to meet with you privately! 

Clearly, this country does not have, never has had, the same sanitation standards as say Canada, or the USA.  We all knew this coming in..  This is a third world country. People know that when they visit. They're not stupid. It's a conscious choice we all made when we moved here. 
The people LOVE SC and will be coming for years well after we are all gone.

:cool:

Last edited on Thu Mar 21st, 2019 04:12 pm by dolphin007

Jimmy

Mana: 
The man was advised by HIS ATTORNEY NOT TO DISCLOSE ANYMORE INFO TO ANYONE........MARIGOT do you understand now why the information has not been posted???? Maybe YOU would go against legal advice, but not many prudent folks would! Your attitude of dismissing legal advice is Scary. 

Bullshipper, I thought you were a Renter not an owner???

Last edited on Wed Mar 20th, 2019 10:26 pm by Jimmy

Limey

Mana: 
Well folks...How long are you going to whip this Post...If any one of you ever gets off their butts and actually did what you are asking someone else to do, the Question could be answered ... Go get a plastic cup from the Drs office/with lid... head over to the Golf Course and get a sample yourself...then take it too the Lab and get it tested...See how easy it is to answer your own Questions..

Flaco

Mana: 
Aleman69's attorney is correct. Especially if the test was done by Aleman69 for personal information. It seems like from what I am reading this was the case. In an official test for legal reasons the sample must be picked up by a worker from the lab. Obviously the official test would be costly and I do not blame Aleman69 for not footing the bill on this. A sample delivered by him could be thrown out as there is no way to not prove tampering.

UltraBB 1.172 Copyright © 2007-2014 Data 1 Systems