San Carlos, Sonora, Mexico Forums Home 

San Carlos Mexico Forum
Welcome to our forum. In order to post in our forums you must be registered. Please take a minute to register to enjoy the full benefits of the forum. Registration is FREE and your information is kept private. When registering, please make sure your email address is entered correctly-if incorrect, you will not receive your validation message. Please do not use your email address as your user name for your own privacy and security. Gmail account users should check spam or trash folders for our validation message after initial registration. We also suggest you add host@sancarlosmexico.com to your white list.

This message board requires you to register in order to post new topics, reply to topics started by other users, start polls, or vote on polls. As a registered user, you can edit your own posts, upload photos and view our photo gallery, and send private messages to other members of the board. Registered users can keep track of the topics they are interested in, and receive e-mail notifications when someone posts to one of those topics. Registered users can choose a theme and setup a profile, to include hometown, email & web address and avatar if desired.
We do ask that you post in the appropriate forum-look over the subjects and topics of all forums including the mercado section before making your first post. Posts in the wrong forum or not related to San Carlos may be moved or deleted without notice.
Please take a moment and register to enjoy all the benefits of the forum.
Bienvenidos!

Moderated by: bartmanaz Page:    1  2  Next Page Last Page  
New Topic Reply Printer Friendly
Police Christmas stickers  Rate Topic 
AuthorPost
 Posted: Thu Dec 6th, 2018 05:06 pm
  PM Quote Reply
1st Post
japasp

Mana: 
Have the police started selling the stickers yet? If so, what is the going rate?

Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

Posted: Thu Dec 6th, 2018 06:30 pm
  PM Quote Reply
2nd Post
marlin master

Mana: 
Been selling for a couple of months now. 100 pesos, if they have any left ?

Posted: Thu Dec 6th, 2018 07:01 pm
  PM Quote Reply
3rd Post
Hook

Mana: 
They apparently have plenty. They were going door to door in the Ranchitos today. And asking 200 pesos per.

It's just a wonderful feeling, knowing that the police now know where you live if you decide not to buy one. We caved.

Posted: Thu Dec 6th, 2018 08:25 pm
  PM Quote Reply
4th Post
stephenjay

Mana: 
I got mine a month ago, paid $100, if you can afford $200 be generous.

Posted: Thu Dec 6th, 2018 08:28 pm
  PM Quote Reply
5th Post
Johnny D

Mana: 
let's hope now that Mexico has a new president, these corrupt cops will be fired or arrested.
He has stated that he will do away with corruption.
Think he should read what these pieces of s--t cops are doing and the gringos go along because they are naive or afraid.
these stickers are just a blatant scam from corrupt cops.

Posted: Thu Dec 6th, 2018 08:30 pm
  PM Quote Reply
6th Post
japasp

Mana: 
Thanks. We are a little late arriving this year. Last year they got me unloading my truck and I got 2 @ 200. Just wondered.

Posted: Thu Dec 6th, 2018 09:20 pm
  PM Quote Reply
7th Post
Jimmy

Mana: 
200 pesos= $10 USD    If you can't afford that much for Christmas Police donations......What the heck are you doing here Cheapos????                                                           Oh I forgot--Thats one bottle of Vodka you would have to do without....

Last edited on Thu Dec 6th, 2018 09:23 pm by Jimmy

Posted: Thu Dec 6th, 2018 09:42 pm
  PM Quote Reply
8th Post
japasp

Mana: 
It was not my intent to sound like I was complaining. I usually go to the police station and buy 2 or 3 stickers each year. I'm happy if the kids get some benefit from it or if the underpaid police do.

Posted: Thu Dec 6th, 2018 10:53 pm
  PM Quote Reply
9th Post
Jimmy

Mana: 
You do have to watch out for the police in Guaymas...One year I was stopped for running a non-existent stop sign...I decided to pay my self out, so I gave the officer 10 USD and just as he took the bill he said "And what about my associate"?.....Another officer appeared out of nowhere.....

I think that the only way for Mexico to stop most of the corruption is to Pay their Officers a Living Wage...100 USD or less,(before their SS deductions) for a 6 1/2 day work week doesn't go very far....even in Mexico..  

Last edited on Thu Dec 6th, 2018 11:09 pm by Jimmy

Posted: Fri Dec 7th, 2018 02:00 am
  PM Quote Reply
10th Post
hans

Mana: 
That what the Police is doing is called Corruption !!!!!
But most People here in Mexico LOVE Corruption.

VIVA MEXICO !!!!

Posted: Fri Dec 7th, 2018 04:23 am
  PM Quote Reply
11th Post
frankie

Mana: 
merry christmas to those who contributed! 
to the scrooges, your to miserable to be merry! 

Posted: Fri Dec 7th, 2018 05:03 am
  PM Quote Reply
12th Post
Bullshipper

Mana: 
The money finances the police christmas party. I bought two at $100 each.

Posted: Fri Dec 7th, 2018 12:46 pm
  PM Quote Reply
13th Post
frankie

Mana: 
Jimmy wrote:

I think that the only way for Mexico to stop most of the corruption is to Pay their Officers a Living Wage...100 USD or less, for a 6 1/2 day work week doesn't go very far....even in Mexico..  

posters #'s 5 & 10, the posada is open to go to, you are invited to go see where the money went!
jimmy is correct, try living on less than a $100 a week. 

it must be a little discouraging sitting here in san carlos, in you police vehicle. seeing all the tourists and locals, mexican nationals and NOB's parading around in their newer vehicles, towing boats, quads and jets ski's!

if a few pesos stayed in some pockets and didn't make it to the general collection fund, it is probably making it's way for a gift or better food on the table for christmas!

money is the corruption! 

REMEMBER THE REASON FOR THE SEASON! 

Last edited on Fri Dec 7th, 2018 12:50 pm by frankie

Posted: Sat Dec 8th, 2018 07:17 pm
  PM Quote Reply
14th Post
maryt

Mana: 
In my opinion if the price is 100mx for the sticker then that is what they should ask from everyone. I would happily give 100mx for a sticker for which everyone else is being asked to pay the same but I feel scammed if I am asked to pay more than others. I also feel a little miffed that I have been down here since late October and have seen maybe two police vehicles the whole time and now they are suddenly all over. Just my opinion. I don´t feel threatened if I don´t buy one because how can I be threatened by something that isn´t here.

Posted: Sat Dec 8th, 2018 07:42 pm
  PM Quote Reply
15th Post
Steverhnm

Mana: 
I have no problem paying for the sticker as long as I won't be hit again and again. I'm with Frankie and Maryt on this one. My two cents - 2x a year visitor.

Posted: Sun Dec 9th, 2018 01:29 am
  PM Quote Reply
16th Post
Bullshipper

Mana: 
I get calls every year from the US police departments asking for year end donations, and they all hope for more than $5, but will accept what they are offered. They make a decent well deserved living, but I agree, just these poor pesky Mexicans should be called corrupt.

Posted: Sun Dec 9th, 2018 10:24 am
  PM Quote Reply
17th Post
Wy Ynot

Mana: 
Jimmy and Frankie are correct. We had the bite put on us by two good guys that delivered to our home in Ranchitos. You're right, curb service. I think it's a great cause under any name. Bought 5 for 500 pesos. Last I knew, these folks worked 12 hours per day, live in Guaymas, have a wife and 2 or 3 kids, furnish everything they wear and carry except their gun. They were earning about one US Dollar per hour. Please correct me if you have an update. My question for naysayers would be "why on earth would they possibly need more money"?? I certainly wish our San Carlos Policia and their families a very merry Christmas. Ron

Posted: Sun Dec 9th, 2018 03:42 pm
  PM Quote Reply
18th Post
kiteboarder

Mana: 
I bought my sticker as I prefer to believe that the money does go to the cause stated. However, I am also aware of the rampant corruption in the police force. A recent survey showed that police corruption in Sonora is believed to be twice as common as the national average and 93% of Sonorans say that police corruption is frequent or very frequent. 

https://www.elimparcial.com/Sonora/2018/12/09/1393463-Ven-sonorenses-mas-corrupcion-en-policias-y-partidos.html

Posted: Sun Dec 9th, 2018 04:58 pm
  PM Quote Reply
19th Post
Jimmy

Mana: 
I remember just a few short months ago...that several of the local police had to Flee the Country fearing for their lives. Some police in Guaymas were Murdered as retribution for the crimes the local police, who fled,committed against the cartel.  
I remember a couple or 3 years ago local police burgled (cleaned out everything) some gringo houses, they were caught, and for punishment they were transferred to serve in Guaymas...
So, getting on the hook for 200 pesos is pretty mild in comparison.  

Last edited on Sun Dec 9th, 2018 05:00 pm by Jimmy

Posted: Sun Dec 9th, 2018 10:16 pm
  PM Quote Reply
20th Post
Wy Ynot

Mana: 
They get my Christmas donation for the decal and party every year. Manual started that and I think designed that first decal. He was highly trained, I think very honest and poorly paid. I considered him and his family friends. I think he is still in private security in other parts. You may also ask Craig C. that bought a home here, loves MX and does business here. I think I remember it took a couple nights to haul all his high end "good stuff" away probably to tianguis, lots of thousands of dollars worth right beside the Loma del Mar road. He is a fishermen's fisherman but sold his place and moved back to the states. Hearsay was, it weren't the bad guys??

Current time is 08:54 pm Page:    1  2  Next Page Last Page    
San Carlos, Sonora, Mexico Forums > Topical Forums > San Carlos Forum > Police Christmas stickers Top

UltraBB 1.172 Copyright © 2007-2014 Data 1 Systems