San Carlos, Sonora, Mexico Forums Home 

San Carlos Mexico Forum
Welcome to our forum. In order to post in our forums you must be registered. Please take a minute to register to enjoy the full benefits of the forum. Registration is FREE and your information is kept private. When registering, please make sure your email address is entered correctly-if incorrect, you will not receive your validation message. Please do not use your email address as your user name for your own privacy and security. Gmail account users should check spam or trash folders for our validation message after initial registration. We also suggest you add host@sancarlosmexico.com to your white list.

This message board requires you to register in order to post new topics, reply to topics started by other users, start polls, or vote on polls. As a registered user, you can edit your own posts, upload photos and view our photo gallery, and send private messages to other members of the board. Registered users can keep track of the topics they are interested in, and receive e-mail notifications when someone posts to one of those topics. Registered users can choose a theme and setup a profile, to include hometown, email & web address and avatar if desired.
We do ask that you post in the appropriate forum-look over the subjects and topics of all forums including the mercado section before making your first post. Posts in the wrong forum or not related to San Carlos may be moved or deleted without notice.
Please take a moment and register to enjoy all the benefits of the forum.
Bienvenidos!

Moderated by: bartmanaz
New Topic Reply Printer Friendly
Possible storm on the horizon  Rate Topic 
AuthorPost
 Posted: Mon Sep 17th, 2018 09:37 pm
  PM Quote Reply
1st Post
RichD

Mana: 
It has been very quiet in San Carlos since Hurricane Bud.  Season is not over yet though.  There is an area of disturbance that might turn into something.  Too many variables at this time but it is forecast to move North where previous storms have gone West.  Just a heads up to be watching your favorite weather site this week.  

Attachment: Capture.JPG (Downloaded 301 times)

Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

Posted: Mon Sep 17th, 2018 10:07 pm
  PM Quote Reply
2nd Post
MARIGOT

Mana: 
Thanks, Rich.

Posted: Mon Sep 17th, 2018 10:19 pm
  PM Quote Reply
3rd Post
RichD

Mana: 
It is hard to imagine that the track will take it East of Cabo.  However the waters West of Cabo are still warm enough to support a hurricane.  Generally sea surface temp below 27C will weaken a storm.  There might be some chance of the storm crossing the baja just North of the cape.  If that happens it could be trouble.  All of this is too early to predict.  Might have a better picture by Wed or Thur.  

Attachment: Capture.JPG (Downloaded 291 times)

Posted: Tue Sep 18th, 2018 06:12 pm
  PM Quote Reply
4th Post
RichD

Mana: 
It looks like this system will not get organized into a tropical storm.  So wind might not be an issue but it will certainly bring a lot of rain to the Baja and very likely some rain to San Carlos.  

Attachment: Capture.JPG (Downloaded 241 times)

Posted: Wed Sep 19th, 2018 07:43 pm
  PM Quote Reply
5th Post
TrueBlue

Mana: 
FYI...

Might drop up to 15 inches of rain.

This is going to be directly over San Carlos at 6pm Wednesday.

https://www.nhc.noaa.gov/text/refresh/MIATCDEP4+shtml/191455.shtml?

https://www.nhc.noaa.gov/storm_graphics/EP19/refresh/EP192018_5day_cone_no_line_and_wind+png/145644_5day_cone_no_line_and_wind.png

Last edited on Wed Sep 19th, 2018 07:47 pm by TrueBlue

Posted: Wed Sep 19th, 2018 08:08 pm
  PM Quote Reply
6th Post
Bullshipper

Mana: 
TrueBlue wrote: FYI...

Might drop up to 15 inches of rain.

This is going to be directly over San Carlos at 6pm Wednesday.

https://www.nhc.noaa.gov/text/refresh/MIATCDEP4+shtml/191455.shtml?

https://www.nhc.noaa.gov/storm_graphics/EP19/refresh/EP192018_5day_cone_no_line_and_wind+png/145644_5day_cone_no_line_and_wind.png

15 " is about what we get in two years. Sounds a little high to me.

Posted: Wed Sep 19th, 2018 08:43 pm
  PM Quote Reply
7th Post
TrueBlue

Mana: 
That's what people said about Jimena when we had 3 feet of mud in our house.

Be careful.  Just be aware of the possibility.  Not trying to raise unnecessary worry.

Posted: Wed Sep 19th, 2018 10:17 pm
  PM Quote Reply
8th Post
RichD

Mana: 
Always good to prepare for the worst but I would think something like 2 to 4 inches total out of this system. It has slowed down but still moving at 9mph. Should be well inland by tomorrow at dawn. Just in case it exceeds that it might be a good idea to avoid travel this evening.

Posted: Thu Sep 20th, 2018 01:19 pm
  PM Quote Reply
9th Post
ballenamar

Mana: 
Today, Thursday 20 September, school classes have been suspended in Guaymas due to a hurricane alert.

Posted: Thu Sep 20th, 2018 02:14 pm
  PM Quote Reply
10th Post
IronMan

Mana: 
:? 

Gee, seems unlikely?

Posted: Thu Sep 20th, 2018 03:06 pm
  PM Quote Reply
11th Post
RichD

Mana: 
I think they were a little premature. Summer showers hanging around but the remnants of the tropical depression are already well inland.

Posted: Thu Sep 20th, 2018 03:58 pm
  PM Quote Reply
12th Post
ballenamar

Mana: 
The civil authorities are more concerned about rain and flooding in the downtown Guaymas area. We have those low mountains to the easy which direct any rainwater to the main streets causing serious flooding. Ergo, no way to get to school or work. We teachers still work (planning, etc), but no students. My weather predictor on my computer predicts a 30% possibility of rain today.

Posted: Thu Sep 20th, 2018 04:11 pm
  PM Quote Reply
13th Post
Jimmy

Mana: 
I have been down town Guaymas during flooding....2' to 3' of water going down Serdan..If you notice the high curbs, thats why. Rain water rushes off the Guaymas mountains and down toward the bay. Its a sight to behold...I have seen cars floating/bobbing down Serdan with the driver inside trying to steer the car....jajajajaja  For waders use 2 trash bags, pull one of them up over each leg and roll the top and hold onto them as you cross the street..

Last edited on Thu Sep 20th, 2018 04:14 pm by Jimmy

Posted: Thu Sep 20th, 2018 08:23 pm
  PM Quote Reply
14th Post
long time resident

Mana: 
Is it raining now? How much rain did you get?

Posted: Thu Sep 20th, 2018 08:59 pm
  PM Quote Reply
15th Post
MARIGOT

Mana: 
Less than half inch at my house on the Caracol.
My gardener said not much at his house in San Carlos either.

Posted: Thu Sep 20th, 2018 09:41 pm
  PM Quote Reply
16th Post
will rogers

Mana: 
Wednesday, 2.4 inches of rain at my Tucson house. However, there is now a high pressure to the West that is pushing the moisture to the East. If it stays there for the next few days I think it will also influence far enough to the South to push moisture away from San Carlos.

Current time is 11:33 pm  
San Carlos, Sonora, Mexico Forums > Topical Forums > San Carlos Forum > Possible storm on the horizon Top

UltraBB 1.172 Copyright © 2007-2014 Data 1 Systems