San Carlos, Sonora, Mexico Forums Home 

San Carlos Mexico Forum
Welcome to our forum. In order to post in our forums you must be registered. Please take a minute to register to enjoy the full benefits of the forum. Registration is FREE and your information is kept private. When registering, please make sure your email address is entered correctly-if incorrect, you will not receive your validation message. Please do not use your email address as your user name for your own privacy and security. Gmail account users should check spam or trash folders for our validation message after initial registration. We also suggest you add host@sancarlosmexico.com to your white list.

This message board requires you to register in order to post new topics, reply to topics started by other users, start polls, or vote on polls. As a registered user, you can edit your own posts, upload photos and view our photo gallery, and send private messages to other members of the board. Registered users can keep track of the topics they are interested in, and receive e-mail notifications when someone posts to one of those topics. Registered users can choose a theme and setup a profile, to include hometown, email & web address and avatar if desired.
We do ask that you post in the appropriate forum-look over the subjects and topics of all forums including the mercado section before making your first post. Posts in the wrong forum or not related to San Carlos may be moved or deleted without notice.
Please take a moment and register to enjoy all the benefits of the forum.
Bienvenidos!

Moderated by: bartmanaz
New Topic Reply Printer Friendly
Water  Rate Topic 
AuthorPost
 Posted: Wed Sep 5th, 2018 02:01 am
  PM Quote Reply
1st Post
mjsnider

Mana: 
IS water off in whole city or just Caracol??? 

Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

Posted: Wed Sep 5th, 2018 03:42 am
  PM Quote Reply
2nd Post
repsilon

Mana: 
Creston had water.

Posted: Thu Sep 6th, 2018 01:02 am
  PM Quote Reply
3rd Post
Bullshipper

Mana: 
Higher elevations suffer first.

Posted: Thu Sep 6th, 2018 03:54 am
  PM Quote Reply
4th Post
DocD

Mana: 
Caracol...WATER IS ON

Posted: Fri Sep 7th, 2018 03:33 pm
  PM Quote Reply
5th Post
frankie

Mana: 
we didn't get our water allotment yesterday! puesta

Posted: Thu Sep 13th, 2018 11:23 pm
  PM Quote Reply
6th Post
Elaine

Mana: 
What is the deal with the water in Caracol and elsewhere in San Carlos? Please bring me up to date as to history, present and hopefully future plans. Thx for any info for a newbie

Posted: Sun Sep 23rd, 2018 11:04 pm
  PM Quote Reply
7th Post
SunlovinSC

Mana: 
No water on Caracol for three days??? Anybody know when we might get our supposed share?

Posted: Sun Sep 23rd, 2018 11:35 pm
  PM Quote Reply
8th Post
MARIGOT

Mana: 
You must be on top.
Houses at lower elevations on the Caracol Peninsula have had water since 7 a.m. today, Sunday, Sept 23.
It usually takes 8 or 9 bourse for the houses on top to get water after those tinacos lower down start getting filled by gravity.
Check your valve at the meter or street.  Other friends and neighbors who thought there was no street water found someone had closed their water valve at the meter.
Sad, but true.

Posted: Mon Sep 24th, 2018 03:42 am
  PM Quote Reply
9th Post
Bullshipper

Mana: 
the water department is shutting off a lot of places for non payment.

Posted: Wed Sep 26th, 2018 06:09 pm
  PM Quote Reply
10th Post
SunlovinSC

Mana: 
We had water for a very short time period on Sunday. Yesterday, my tinaco was empty; and, I had used very litle water. I'm beginning to question the chance of a neighbor using my tinaco water. I found my hose, which is attached to the faucet that comes from the tinaco in front yard, hanging on the other side of my lower yard wall.There was no reason for the hose to be in that position?? ...just sayin ... ??? And...yes I've paid my CEA bill for the tiny amount of water I get. :?:?:?:?

Posted: Wed Sep 26th, 2018 06:18 pm
  PM Quote Reply
11th Post
MARIGOT

Mana: 
Water is on again now (Wed 9/26/18 morning) on the Caracol Pen, though if your house is on top it may still take a few hours to get to you.
Hope your tinaco gets topped up today...

Posted: Thu Sep 27th, 2018 12:10 am
  PM Quote Reply
12th Post
Hook

Mana: 
Bullshipper wrote: the water department is shutting off a lot of places for non payment.

Good news!

That will allow paying customers tinacos to fill faster.

Posted: Tue Oct 9th, 2018 07:24 pm
  PM Quote Reply
13th Post
pattib

Mana: 
We are coming down next week, and staying at a place on the caracol that does not have a tinaco.  How often is the water off up there these days?  We've been there before when we had about 3 days without, and managed, but wondered if we need to make alternative plans for showering. 

Posted: Tue Oct 9th, 2018 07:34 pm
  PM Quote Reply
14th Post
Cclub

Mana: 
Probably more of the same.

Posted: Tue Oct 9th, 2018 08:30 pm
  PM Quote Reply
15th Post
pattib

Mana: 
Meaning every 2-3 days there will be water, or that it will be off for the entire time we are there?

Posted: Tue Oct 9th, 2018 08:52 pm
  PM Quote Reply
16th Post
DocD

Mana: 
there is no schedule. It could be off 2-3 days, sometimes longer. The recent couple months, if was off from Friday to Monday, then On most of the week. This weekend it was on and was turned off yesterday afternoon. (of course it went off when I was in the shower.:?)
So, Who knows. It would be nice to have a schedule so people could plan on their water usage , but such is life here.

Posted: Tue Oct 9th, 2018 08:54 pm
  PM Quote Reply
17th Post
emc2

Mana: 
To us, it seems like Caracol water is only on twice a week during the day and then it is in the morning. The other couple of times it is on at night enough to fill our tinaco. But now that I said that, there will be a change :)

Posted: Tue Oct 9th, 2018 09:19 pm
  PM Quote Reply
18th Post
pattib

Mana: 
Thanks so much for the replies. Hope you got the soap off, DocD!  

Doesn't sound a lot different than the experience we had last time we were there. The house we are staying at doesn't have a tinnaco...we'll be able to handle the flushing with carried water, but is there a place nearby (maybe a hotel or something) that would let us shower if need be?

Last edited on Tue Oct 9th, 2018 09:21 pm by pattib

Posted: Wed Oct 10th, 2018 03:31 pm
  PM Quote Reply
19th Post
MARIGOT

Mana: 
pattib wrote: We are coming down next week, and staying at a place on the caracol that does not have a tinaco.  How often is the water off up there these days?  We've been there before when we had about 3 days without, and managed, but wondered if we need to make alternative plans for showering. 

Pattib, a couple of suggestions for you. 

since you have been there before, know there’s a possibility of being without water for 3 days or more and you are expressing current concerns, why don’t you convince the owner to install a tinaco? 
Only a few hundred dollars and a one day plumbing job.  Easy peasy.  It could be done before you come down.

OR rent a house that already has a tinaco.  Very few houses on the Caracol don’t have tinacos.  In fact, I know several who now have 3 tinacos since the official rationing started this summer.

Good luck and have a safe trip down.

Posted: Wed Oct 10th, 2018 04:38 pm
  PM Quote Reply
20th Post
pattib

Mana: 
We are fortunate to have free accommodations when we visit.  The owners lined someone up to install a tinaco.  Hopefully it will be installed by the time we get there.  Want to have plan B, just in case.  

Current time is 09:15 pm  
San Carlos, Sonora, Mexico Forums > Topical Forums > San Carlos Forum > Water Top

UltraBB 1.172 Copyright © 2007-2014 Data 1 Systems