San Carlos, Sonora, Mexico Forums Home 

San Carlos Mexico Forum
Welcome to our forum. In order to post in our forums you must be registered. Please take a minute to register to enjoy the full benefits of the forum. Registration is FREE and your information is kept private. When registering, please make sure your email address is entered correctly-if incorrect, you will not receive your validation message. Please do not use your email address as your user name for your own privacy and security. Gmail account users should check spam or trash folders for our validation message after initial registration. We also suggest you add host@sancarlosmexico.com to your white list.

This message board requires you to register in order to post new topics, reply to topics started by other users, start polls, or vote on polls. As a registered user, you can edit your own posts, upload photos and view our photo gallery, and send private messages to other members of the board. Registered users can keep track of the topics they are interested in, and receive e-mail notifications when someone posts to one of those topics. Registered users can choose a theme and setup a profile, to include hometown, email & web address and avatar if desired.
We do ask that you post in the appropriate forum-look over the subjects and topics of all forums including the mercado section before making your first post. Posts in the wrong forum or not related to San Carlos may be moved or deleted without notice.
Please take a moment and register to enjoy all the benefits of the forum.
Bienvenidos!

Moderated by: bartmanaz
New Topic Reply Printer Friendly
Gun shots  Rate Topic 
AuthorPost
 Posted: Wed Aug 1st, 2018 01:52 pm
  PM Quote Reply
1st Post
amigo2

Mana: 
Anyone know anything about this : https://mexiconewsdaily.com/news/armed-civilians-wake-up-guaymas-residents/
 Steve Habkirk

Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

Posted: Wed Aug 1st, 2018 02:32 pm
  PM Quote Reply
2nd Post
Hook

Mana: 
amigo2 wrote: Anyone know anything about this : https://mexiconewsdaily.com/news/armed-civilians-wake-up-guaymas-residents/
 Steve Habkirk

You must have missed the press conference held by the public information officer for the city of Guaymas. 

I dont have the text of the news release on this, but I do have a photo of the PIO at the press conference.

Seriously, I have not found any explanation for that shoot up in any press account. And no group seems to have claimed responsibility for it. It's wait and see.

Posted: Wed Aug 1st, 2018 02:43 pm
  PM Quote Reply
3rd Post
amigo2

Mana: 
I guess my confusion was the articles' implication that  (local ) citizens were the ones doing the shooting. That didn't make a lot of sense....so, I wondered if the news letter had it wrong ? 

Steve Habkirk 

Posted: Wed Aug 1st, 2018 04:14 pm
  PM Quote Reply
4th Post
Hook

Mana: 
I think the article had to refer to them as "civilians" since they know nothing about them, except that they weren't apparently police or military. It is a rather general word to choose.

Of course, cartel members or gang members or even members of a vigilante group are all "civilians". Who were these people? No one is saying.

I am not exactly sure of the timeline, but it appears the "stand down" order to police for everything except 9-1-1 calls may have occurred shortly after this incident. It's conceivable that this was a direct message to law enforcement.

Posted: Wed Aug 1st, 2018 10:27 pm
  PM Quote Reply
5th Post
frankie

Mana: 
the way i heard the story of the shooting in san vicente was it was totally random!! they shot up a block, nothing particular!!

sounds like some drunken idiots blowing off steam, SIMILAR TO SCENES WE SEE IN THE OLD WESTERNS!

this was tied into the on going situation in empalme now san carlos!

no matter where you are here, USA, canada, anywhere you should be aware of your surrounding ALWAYS!

Posted: Wed Aug 1st, 2018 10:45 pm
  PM Quote Reply
6th Post
Hook

Mana: 
I'm not sure how being aware of your surroundings will help if you are lying in bed in your house and some thugs start shooting up the place. Isnt that what happened here? Shots fired into houses. But nobody hit?

How do you prepare for that?

Posted: Wed Aug 1st, 2018 10:53 pm
  PM Quote Reply
7th Post
frankie

Mana: 
hook, come on buddy, that sounds paranoid!! the chance of that actually happening is about the same as a meteor hitting your roof and killing you! not likely, but possible!!

when your here lets go have some drinks and WORRY about driving home!

Posted: Thu Aug 2nd, 2018 01:00 am
  PM Quote Reply
8th Post
Bullshipper

Mana: 
lots of rumors flying around, and there is an increased police presence now.

Posted: Thu Aug 2nd, 2018 05:35 am
  PM Quote Reply
9th Post
Hook

Mana: 
I dont think it sounds paranoid. But in this instance, there is nothing anyone could do to "be aware of your surroundings" to prevent it.

When I think of being aware of your surroundings, I think of walking on the street and being aware of what's around you.
THAT, I can do.

Anyway, I doubt this was a totally random act, this shooting. Too coincidental that the police are suddenly on high alert.

Or maybe the corrupt cop angle IS true. That seems more likely.

Last edited on Thu Aug 2nd, 2018 05:37 am by Hook

Posted: Thu Aug 2nd, 2018 01:29 pm
  PM Quote Reply
10th Post
frankie

Mana: 
we can do something about it as a community!

lately there has been a rash of break ins, not the usual but now grand theft! the taking of vehicles, cars, quads, motor cycles, boat motors, ect; !!

when this happened NOB is wasn't because there where no police it was because there where not enough!

neighborhoods organized "NEIGHBORHOOD WATCH", WE CAN DO THE SAME HERE!!

there is only one road in and one road out, it is time that at the intersection at the road to the delpinaria  have a permanent police presence!! the authorities have already thought of this, that is why there is a "casita" with words POLICE on it!!!!

Last edited on Thu Aug 2nd, 2018 01:54 pm by frankie

Posted: Thu Aug 2nd, 2018 08:14 pm
  PM Quote Reply
11th Post
Hook

Mana: 

Of course they have thought of it, Frankie. So many of the burglary woes and the murders that have been committed in San Carlos, would be deterred by a presence. People wouldnt be able to get past them with huge outboards and cars and ATVS and such. 

In fact, it makes SOOOOO much sense that the fact they haven't done it tells me that they actually dont WANT to confront that kind of element. They purposely avoid those types of confrontation, unless, as apparently happened in this recent case, they are paid cash to look the other way. 

Opinion Sonora is now reporting that is exactly what happened. Locals cops captured some cartel guys and turned them over to a rival cartel gang.

Apparently the disappearance of three persons the Saturday before last in San Carlos is a completely different event. That is alleged to have occurred in front of the Guaymas police, too. 

People, if you dont have a link to Opinion Sonora, you should. They seem to be the most impartial source in our area.

https://opinionsonora.com/

Lots of articles concerning San Carlos in today's "edition". Big demonstration planned over the first disappearance in San Carlos. Others, or the same group, are going to descend on city hall. Mayor of Guaymas supposedly avoiding talking to the OP reporters. Check it out. It's serious stuff!

Or, head on over to the Kumbaya board and remain ignorant of what's going on. There are many people over there, including the most prominent one, who have a direct financial incentive to whitewash all of this. 

Hey, the State Department can often err on the side of caution, but to pooh-pooh their latest warning, during this situation, is completely irresponsible, IMO. 

Posted: Thu Aug 2nd, 2018 08:21 pm
  PM Quote Reply
12th Post
frankie

Mana: 
sad to say i can only agree!

Posted: Thu Aug 2nd, 2018 10:38 pm
  PM Quote Reply
13th Post
SharkBite

Mana: 
HOOK, stop!  I'm cracking up over your pic!

Posted: Thu Aug 2nd, 2018 11:41 pm
  PM Quote Reply
14th Post
Hook

Mana: 
Well, I was having a little fun with it, earlier, when I posted that pic. No one had been hurt or abducted.

But it's become more serious now. Cops in hiding and protests blocking ingress and egress. Cartel implications. Quite a day.

It seems like the shoot em up in Guaymas was just some joyriding or something. These disappearances are more serious.

Current time is 09:15 am  
San Carlos, Sonora, Mexico Forums > Topical Forums > San Carlos Forum > Gun shots Top

UltraBB 1.172 Copyright © 2007-2014 Data 1 Systems