San Carlos, Sonora, Mexico Forums Home 

San Carlos Mexico Forum
Welcome to our forum. In order to post in our forums you must be registered. Please take a minute to register to enjoy the full benefits of the forum. Registration is FREE and your information is kept private. When registering, please make sure your email address is entered correctly-if incorrect, you will not receive your validation message. Please do not use your email address as your user name for your own privacy and security. Gmail account users should check spam or trash folders for our validation message after initial registration. We also suggest you add host@sancarlosmexico.com to your white list.

This message board requires you to register in order to post new topics, reply to topics started by other users, start polls, or vote on polls. As a registered user, you can edit your own posts, upload photos and view our photo gallery, and send private messages to other members of the board. Registered users can keep track of the topics they are interested in, and receive e-mail notifications when someone posts to one of those topics. Registered users can choose a theme and setup a profile, to include hometown, email & web address and avatar if desired.
We do ask that you post in the appropriate forum-look over the subjects and topics of all forums including the mercado section before making your first post. Posts in the wrong forum or not related to San Carlos may be moved or deleted without notice.
Please take a moment and register to enjoy all the benefits of the forum.
Bienvenidos!

Moderated by: bartmanaz
New Topic Reply Printer Friendly
infrastructure overload  Rate Topic 
AuthorPost
 Posted: Sun Jul 15th, 2018 06:24 pm
  PM Quote Reply
1st Post
frankie

Mana: 
during the past 3/4 years during the summer months, we have witnessed more and more people coming to san carlos! sometimes in the weekends it looks like the start of semana santa! traffic, long lines at the OXXO's and circle K's! the beaches packed!!
ALL THESE PEOPLE DRAW ON OUR EXISTING INFRASTRUCTURE, THE WATER, SEWER, ELECTRICITY, GARBAGE COLLECTION, LITTERING OF OUR PUEBLITO!
WHAT CAN WE DO??
MAYBE A TOLL FOR NONRESIDENTS TO ENTER SAN CARLOS?
THE MONEY USED TO HELP WITH OUR MANY NEEDS!
JUST A THOUGHT!

Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

Posted: Sun Jul 15th, 2018 10:08 pm
  PM Quote Reply
2nd Post
stephenjay

Mana: 
Frankie, I understand your concern, however, it is a hot day, people go to the beach for food and fun, it is normal, you can not change it nor can I, everybody wants relief, let them have fun and deal with the results at a later date, come on over to my house for a few very cold beers.

Posted: Mon Jul 16th, 2018 11:36 pm
  PM Quote Reply
3rd Post
bergsheil

Mana: 
move back to Idaho ?? just a thought

Posted: Tue Jul 17th, 2018 05:14 am
  PM Quote Reply
4th Post
Johnny D

Mana: 
sorry frankie, your comments are just racist and bigoted. You want to tax Mexicans for going to a Mexican beach town?
Here is a better idea.
A tax on Americans and Canadians that are 65 and older. Say $15 a head a week.
After all, the reason theses old people are here is because of the cheap cost of living.
Time for Gringos to pay more. That should satisfy you and pay for the things you want others to pay.
You complain about everything and always want someone else to step up, while you take advantage of your situation. You should be very careful

Posted: Tue Jul 17th, 2018 11:07 am
  PM Quote Reply
5th Post
frankie

Mana: 
Johnny D wrote: sorry frankie, your comments are just racist and bigoted. You want to tax Mexicans for going to a Mexican beach town?

johnny my last name is ROMERO!!

what i was trying to attempt was a solution!! the toll would be charged to EVERYONE NOT A RESIDENT! IT WAS INTENDED AS AN IDEA FOR A SOLUTION!!

on every forum every day people are complaining about specific infrastructure problems here in san carlos, WATER, GARBAGE COLLECTION, LITTERING, BAD ROADS, ECT!!!!

the RESIDENTS here nationals or foreigners DO pay their fair share in property taxes and patronage to local businesses, VOLUNTARY HELP GROUPS! san carlos exists because of US!!!!!!!

i will critique to your comment without attacking you personally!

in Hawaii all residents have resident cards when they make their purchases their  price is lower than the tourists or visitors there, this is their  attempt for a solution, it helps offset the financial / infrastructural burden caused by nonresidents!

this is a BEACH TOWN and one of the ONLY, THAT HAS "NO PUBLIC BEACHES" IN THIS COUNTRY!

Last edited on Tue Jul 17th, 2018 03:21 pm by frankie

Posted: Tue Jul 17th, 2018 03:11 pm
  PM Quote Reply
6th Post
Wy Ynot

Mana: 
I just hit the like button!!

Posted: Tue Jul 17th, 2018 06:53 pm
  PM Quote Reply
7th Post
390pony

Mana: 
In Tucson, there are two different fees to play golf at the public courses and they are based on whether you are a local resident or non-resident. It has been that way for decades. Another idea is the bed tax put on hotels and RV parks that went to pay for the new stadium years ago. What Frankie suggests is not a new or radical idea, and it is workable. My concern would be how much of the fees would never be turned over once collected.

Posted: Tue Jul 17th, 2018 07:00 pm
  PM Quote Reply
8th Post
frankie

Mana: 
390pony wrote: What Frankie suggests is not a new or radical idea, and it is workable. My concern would be how much of the fees would never be turned over once collected.

pony, thank you for your input!! it's nice to hear from progressive minds!

collecting the "revenues" tolls ,taxes, ect; is the 64 million dollar question, there is no proven track record of returns on the existing property / IVA taxes paid here!

Posted: Tue Jul 17th, 2018 07:11 pm
  PM Quote Reply
9th Post
frankie

Mana: 
for those who don't know me, i am attaching a photo! do you really think i am racist or bigoted to mexican people? 

POR FAVOR!!!!!!!

Attached Image (viewed 297 times):

IMG_4928.JPG

Last edited on Tue Jul 17th, 2018 07:17 pm by frankie

Posted: Tue Jul 17th, 2018 09:03 pm
  PM Quote Reply
10th Post
Flaco

Mana: 
I am not saying you Frankie, but many Pochos are very bigoted towards Mexican Nationals.

Posted: Tue Jul 17th, 2018 09:56 pm
  PM Quote Reply
11th Post
frankie

Mana: 
frankie wrote

what i was trying to attempt was a solution!! the toll would be charged to EVERYONE NOT A RESIDENT! IT WAS INTENDED AS AN IDEA FOR A SOLUTION!!

on every forum every day people are complaining about specific infrastructure problems here in san carlos, WATER, GARBAGE COLLECTION, LITTERING, BAD ROADS, ECT!!!!

the RESIDENTS here nationals or foreigners DO pay their fair share in property taxes and patronage to local businesses, VOLUNTARY HELP GROUPS! san carlos exists because of US!!!!!!!

lets try to constructively maintain and address the subject of this TREAD, AN ATTEMPT FOR SOLUTION OF OUR EXISTING INFRASTRUCTURAL PROBLEMS!
i am sorry johnny "d"imwit ignorantly misunderstood my intention!FYI, we live in san carlos NUEVO GUAYMAS, and are part of the municipality of guaymas, as is san jose, santa clara, ect;, ALL QUALIFY AS RESIDENTS!!!!!

Posted: Wed Jul 18th, 2018 05:57 pm
  PM Quote Reply
12th Post
maryt

Mana: 
Just remember, many, if not most, of the visitors on the weekend are from Guaymas. Guaymensens are residents because San Carlos is part of the Municipal de Guaymas. Another thought: we owners of property consider ourselves residents. Talk to your Mexican friends. In my experience, they consider us visitors. So does the FMM or tourist card. The residente temporal is another animal and most of us do not have it or the even rarer residente permanente. Be careful what you ask for.

Posted: Wed Jul 18th, 2018 06:26 pm
  PM Quote Reply
13th Post
frankie

Mana: 
mary, i state clearly in my last post about residents!

just as in semana santa you get a residents pass or card. your identified with a water, electric bill in your name! simple!!

Posted: Wed Jul 18th, 2018 06:45 pm
  PM Quote Reply
14th Post
maryt

Mana: 
I know Frankie. My point is that many of the people that come on weekends from Guaymas are residents and would not be affected by the toll thus diminishing, perhaps greatly, how much money would be raised.

How a ¨resident¨ is defined would be by the local government so who knows. But by your definition, people renting, even long term, would not have an electric or water bill in their name because you have to show ownership to change the account name. They would have to pay the toll even though they live in San Carlos. It is not as simple as it seems.

Posted: Wed Jul 18th, 2018 07:02 pm
  PM Quote Reply
15th Post
frankie

Mana: 
no!! it's just an idea! 

there are tolls when you get off  to go mazatlan, puerto vallarta, ect. you pay a toll to go to mt. lemon , tucson. grand canyon, ect!

lots of smart people here, lets hear some ideas!

Posted: Wed Jul 18th, 2018 07:24 pm
  PM Quote Reply
16th Post
MARIGOT

Mana: 
Maryt, I have rented here for almost 9 years and have had a TelMex account and monthly bill that entire time.  For the first six months in an apartment, then a succession of 3 houses since then, each time moving my phone/internet service.  For the last 5 of those years I have also had MegaCable service, so another utility bill that is accepted as proof of residency.
So proving ‘residency’ for getting a Residente Temporal card, senor citizen discount card, driver’s license and permit for making left turns during Semana Santa have all been easy for me as a renter.

Long term Renters can also use their rental contract as proof of residency, so no problem.

Last edited on Wed Jul 18th, 2018 07:42 pm by MARIGOT

Posted: Wed Jul 18th, 2018 09:28 pm
  PM Quote Reply
17th Post
Bullshipper

Mana: 
I really wouldn't get too excited about a few busy weekends a year. Inventing a tax here will just send them else where and there is an active campaign to have Mexicans spend there vacation budgets in Mexico.
Besides, we generate more IVA every time it gets busy its its really just a matter of getting Guaymas to allocate resources to public works that are already available.

Posted: Wed Jul 18th, 2018 09:48 pm
  PM Quote Reply
18th Post
bartmanaz
Administrator

Mana: 
This reminds me of the discussion about the access fee for the Soggy Peso.  

http://forum.sancarlosmexico.com/forum1/16599.html

Just sayin......

Posted: Thu Jul 19th, 2018 12:59 am
  PM Quote Reply
19th Post
frankie

Mana: 
Bullshipper wrote: Besides, we generate more IVA every time it gets busy its its really just a matter of getting Guaymas to allocate resources to public works that are already available.

in my post #11 i address that we pay our fair share through property taxes and IVA!

bull, that is the real problem!

bart, you probably correct! i don't mind taking a few punches if stimulating banter is achieved!

looks like we residents are up sh*t creek without a paddle!

Current time is 12:35 pm  
San Carlos, Sonora, Mexico Forums > Topical Forums > San Carlos Forum > infrastructure overload Top

UltraBB 1.172 Copyright © 2007-2014 Data 1 Systems