San Carlos, Sonora, Mexico Forums Home 

San Carlos Mexico Forum
Welcome to our forum. In order to post in our forums you must be registered. Please take a minute to register to enjoy the full benefits of the forum. Registration is FREE and your information is kept private. When registering, please make sure your email address is entered correctly-if incorrect, you will not receive your validation message. Please do not use your email address as your user name for your own privacy and security. Gmail account users should check spam or trash folders for our validation message after initial registration. We also suggest you add host@sancarlosmexico.com to your white list.

This message board requires you to register in order to post new topics, reply to topics started by other users, start polls, or vote on polls. As a registered user, you can edit your own posts, upload photos and view our photo gallery, and send private messages to other members of the board. Registered users can keep track of the topics they are interested in, and receive e-mail notifications when someone posts to one of those topics. Registered users can choose a theme and setup a profile, to include hometown, email & web address and avatar if desired.
We do ask that you post in the appropriate forum-look over the subjects and topics of all forums including the mercado section before making your first post. Posts in the wrong forum or not related to San Carlos may be moved or deleted without notice.
Please take a moment and register to enjoy all the benefits of the forum.
Bienvenidos!

Moderated by: bartmanaz
New Topic Reply Printer Friendly
Internet options  Rate Topic 
AuthorPost
 Posted: Sun Jul 8th, 2018 05:13 pm
  PM Quote Reply
1st Post
straley001

Mana: 
Does anyone know of an internet option I can use? I'm in Solimar and for the last year
the internet speed has averaged 1.7mb down and .3 up through Telmex. I have been without internet and phone for 4 days and will be at the Telmex office monday morning.
I'm more than willing to pay for a good internet provider if I can just find one!

Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

Posted: Sun Jul 8th, 2018 05:22 pm
  PM Quote Reply
2nd Post
Bullshipper

Mana: 
I live there too and know of no other provider, unless you want to look for a satellite service.

I had them update my modem for free and it helped, but I am still around .6/5 mb up and down, which is a bit more than they promise for the equipment feeding our location.

Posted: Sun Jul 8th, 2018 05:45 pm
  PM Quote Reply
3rd Post
straley001

Mana: 
Thanks I'll ask about an upgraded modem, it's a shame that Solimar has singled out to receive such poor internet service. I know some people up the street from Solimar who are receiving 100mb service. 

Posted: Sun Jul 8th, 2018 06:30 pm
  PM Quote Reply
4th Post
EZ MONY

Mana: 
Check with X-Pro...they were providing service in different parts of town. They have always done good by me.

Posted: Sun Jul 8th, 2018 07:43 pm
  PM Quote Reply
5th Post
Quido

Mana: 
What's X-pro? Doesn't it still have to go through the phone line?

Posted: Sun Jul 8th, 2018 08:49 pm
  PM Quote Reply
6th Post
Hook

Mana: 
My MIL has stayed at Solimar the last two years and I couldnt believe how slow the service was, even when we got her a new modem. I mean, you could barely get your email.

I think old wiring and maybe illegal taps into the phone lines are responsible. The bandwidth servicing that complex just isn't there, for some reason. Many posts about slow service on both boards in Solimar.

Posted: Sun Jul 8th, 2018 10:53 pm
  PM Quote Reply
7th Post
DocD

Mana: 
I have Megacable, internet and TV. Minimal problems the 4 years I have had it.  I have been very satisfied with it.  The main thing I watch is Netflix so internet is important. These days news and entertainment is almost all internet based.

Last edited on Sun Jul 8th, 2018 10:55 pm by DocD

Posted: Mon Jul 9th, 2018 12:58 am
  PM Quote Reply
8th Post
MARIGOT

Mana: 
I don’t think MegaCable is available to neighborhoods north of Beltrones Blvd, unless that has changed in the last couple of years.  

Posted: Mon Jul 9th, 2018 01:03 am
  PM Quote Reply
9th Post
straley001

Mana: 
I tried X pro but do to the signal being blocked doesn't make it possible to receive the internet signal. Hopefully in future he will have another transmitting tower

Posted: Mon Jul 9th, 2018 02:19 am
  PM Quote Reply
10th Post
Hook

Mana: 
DocD wrote: I have Megacable, internet and TV. Minimal problems the 4 years I have had it.  I have been very satisfied with it.  The main thing I watch is Netflix so internet is important. These days news and entertainment is almost all internet based.

You are in Solimar, DocD?

Posted: Mon Jul 9th, 2018 06:24 pm
  PM Quote Reply
11th Post
hans

Mana: 
The Newest is The Modem from ATT. 10 up and 10 down for
350.00 pesos a Month. Modem 1000.00 pesos.

No Cables needed. You only Conect the Modem to an Electric Outlet.it Works like a Cel. Phone.

Look for an ATT provider in Guaymas.

Posted: Mon Jul 9th, 2018 07:19 pm
  PM Quote Reply
12th Post
straley001

Mana: 
Thank you, This might do the trick (ATT Modem)

Posted: Mon Jul 9th, 2018 09:19 pm
  PM Quote Reply
13th Post
frankie

Mana: 
hans, are you using one? please explain more about the product.

Posted: Mon Jul 9th, 2018 11:38 pm
  PM Quote Reply
14th Post
Hook

Mana: 
If it's wireless, then it almost certainly uses cell towers. Be sure to check how much data you are allowed to use and what it will cost if you go over. Wireless routers that basically create a Hotspot have been around for a while.

Posted: Tue Jul 10th, 2018 12:38 am
  PM Quote Reply
15th Post
hans

Mana: 
Hook and Frankie
Here is the Page . But it is in Spanisch. scroll down and there are the answer for your question.

Page is:
https://www.att.com.mx/planes/internet-en-casa.html

At least it is faster then Infinitum i had.

Last edited on Tue Jul 10th, 2018 12:39 am by hans

Posted: Tue Jul 10th, 2018 01:01 am
  PM Quote Reply
16th Post
frankie

Mana: 
hams. thank you, i just read it and it sounds interesting!
tell us more of your experience!

Posted: Tue Jul 10th, 2018 01:19 am
  PM Quote Reply
17th Post
maryt

Mana: 
Small print says unlimited data but once you hit 150 GB, they slow the speed to 2MB from the 10. Would this be sufficient for someone streaming a lot of movies?

Posted: Tue Jul 10th, 2018 01:36 am
  PM Quote Reply
18th Post
straley001

Mana: 
I have been doing it with 1.7mb on Roku.....not firetick

Posted: Tue Jul 10th, 2018 01:55 am
  PM Quote Reply
19th Post
AlS

Mana: 
If you are going to use up to 150 GB per month and watch streaming video - you need to be aware of and control the quality level.  This differs by provider.

YouTube:
480p playback of standard 30 frames per second (FPS) content uses approximately 264MB per hour, 720p (HD) videos use roughly 870MB per hour, and 1080p (Full HD) video playback uses around 1.65GB an hour.

Amazon Prime:
approximately 900MB per hour for SD playback, roughly 2GB per hour for HD playback, and around 5.8GB per hour of UHD content.

NetFlix:
    300MB per hour on the lowest video quality700MB per hour for SD video quality3GB per hour for HD video quality7GB per hour for UHD (4K) video quality

Last edited on Tue Jul 10th, 2018 01:56 am by AlS

Current time is 07:16 pm  
San Carlos, Sonora, Mexico Forums > Topical Forums > San Carlos Forum > Internet options Top

UltraBB 1.172 Copyright © 2007-2014 Data 1 Systems