San Carlos, Sonora, Mexico Forums Home 
San Carlos, Sonora, Mexico Forums > Topical Forums > San Carlos Forum > To the people taking their household garbage to the beach

San Carlos Mexico Forum
Welcome to our forum. In order to post in our forums you must be registered. Please take a minute to register to enjoy the full benefits of the forum. Registration is FREE and your information is kept private. When registering, please make sure your email address is entered correctly-if incorrect, you will not receive your validation message. Please do not use your email address as your user name for your own privacy and security. Gmail account users should check spam or trash folders for our validation message after initial registration. We also suggest you add host@sancarlosmexico.com to your white list.

This message board requires you to register in order to post new topics, reply to topics started by other users, start polls, or vote on polls. As a registered user, you can edit your own posts, upload photos and view our photo gallery, and send private messages to other members of the board. Registered users can keep track of the topics they are interested in, and receive e-mail notifications when someone posts to one of those topics. Registered users can choose a theme and setup a profile, to include hometown, email & web address and avatar if desired.
We do ask that you post in the appropriate forum-look over the subjects and topics of all forums including the mercado section before making your first post. Posts in the wrong forum or not related to San Carlos may be moved or deleted without notice.
Please take a moment and register to enjoy all the benefits of the forum.
Bienvenidos!

Moderated by: bartmanaz Page:    1  2  Next Page Last Page  
New Topic Reply Printer Friendly
To the people taking their household garbage to the beach  Rate Topic 
AuthorPost
 Posted: Sun Jul 1st, 2018 05:59 pm
  PM Quote Reply
1st Post
Susan C

Mana: 
Please stop taking your garbage, your responsibility, to the beach.
Gen, the dumpster company, as a general rule will NOT pick up bags outside the dumpster. This means the animals tear open the bags or the garbage pickers tear open the bags and the wind blows your trash into the ocean and the desert.
Dumping your bags at the dumpster is causing a serious situation. 
Please think of other ways to store your trash until the garbage service is figured out. Maybe your neighbors that are gone for the summer? Or only when the dumpster is empty?

Attachment: 5467D306-B46A-418E-BDC8-26EF06A9C536.jpeg (Downloaded 337 times)

Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

Posted: Mon Jul 2nd, 2018 03:23 am
  PM Quote Reply
2nd Post
frankie

Mana: 
susan, will all respect to you!

you message came to us who are probably not the offenders!

Posted: Mon Jul 2nd, 2018 04:50 pm
  PM Quote Reply
3rd Post
maryt

Mana: 
Don´t count on it Frankie. I found out not long ago that a friend took his garbage and left it at the beach. I agree with Susan, the beach is not the place. If you can´t stand it, take it to the dump. This guy, Mel Martinez, posted he would take your garbage to the dump: ¨Tomorrow Saturday I'll pick up trash in all areas of San Carlos.

Send me a message or call me 622-111-2330 and I'll visit your house.¨

It is very frustrating. I hope it gets solved soon.

Posted: Mon Jul 2nd, 2018 04:55 pm
  PM Quote Reply
4th Post
frankie

Mana: 
i am not disagreeing with susan, house hold garbage should not be deposited there! i merely stating she is speaking to the wrong audience!! 

Posted: Tue Jul 3rd, 2018 02:43 pm
  PM Quote Reply
5th Post
Wy Ynot

Mana: 
Anyone who lives here knows what happens to the piled garbage on San Francisco Beach, it quickly becomes a first impression welcoming sight to tourists and visitors and locals, strewn by dogs, racoons, aluminum can collectors and wind. As obvious as the Pueblo Magico San Carlos welcoming sign. As much enforcement on dumping garbage in San Carlos as there is speed enforcement on Beltrones? My wife and I sat beneath the old tree there several months back and watched across toward the overflowing Gen container. There were unknowns (to us) who would stop and give a bag or two a sling, a small private contractor (a neighbor) came and dumped a load of empty cement bags and scrap wood, a nice shiny white Lincoln Navigator stopped and the heavy gray haired gent and helper got out and threw trash bags randomly on the ground. Point is, it's a common practice. Who's responsibility is it? This gringo probably should not stand around there and yell at locals that it's wrong?? Would our comisaria be responsible? Tuesday morning rant finished and another beautiful day. We should do better.  Ron

Posted: Tue Jul 3rd, 2018 04:10 pm
  PM Quote Reply
6th Post
MARIGOT

Mana: 
I wonder if pictures of the offending gringos were posted on the bulletin boards or Facebook if it would shame them into stopping it?

Or are these people beyond shame? 🤨

Posted: Tue Jul 3rd, 2018 04:28 pm
  PM Quote Reply
7th Post
johnmoore

Mana: 
Post the fotos of those responsible for lack of trash pick-up. We are becoming a pay twice community, one pays CEA, no water, one must then pay the delivery truck. One pays for trash pick up, no pickup, then one must pay to take their own trash to the dump. Is there any reasonable explanation, offered by our comisario, or any of his minions?

Posted: Tue Jul 3rd, 2018 04:32 pm
  PM Quote Reply
8th Post
johnmoore

Mana: 
"I wonder if pictures of the offending gringos were posted on the bulletin boards or Facebook if it would shame them into stopping it?

Or are these people beyond shame?"

Gringo??????????????????????????

Posted: Tue Jul 3rd, 2018 04:38 pm
  PM Quote Reply
9th Post
frankie

Mana: 
well i was totally unaware NOB's where throwing their garbage there!
susan, i stand corrected!!!!!

Posted: Tue Jul 3rd, 2018 08:01 pm
  PM Quote Reply
10th Post
Bullshipper

Mana: 
You can see from the photo that the container is empty. Can't expect Pasa to pick up more than has been contracted.

SC obviously needs more containers, and to make all property owners to also comply by contracting their own service, or pass penalties along to the offenders through prediales.

Posted: Tue Jul 3rd, 2018 09:24 pm
  PM Quote Reply
11th Post
Jimmy

Mana: 
$1,000 USD per year per dwelling, Levy would clean up SC.

Posted: Wed Jul 4th, 2018 12:14 am
  PM Quote Reply
12th Post
long time resident

Mana: 
And who do you think would pay that?

Posted: Wed Jul 4th, 2018 04:55 pm
  PM Quote Reply
13th Post
Susan C

Mana: 
I prefer not to ‘shame’ people but make them aware that they are adding to a big problem at the beach. They may not be aware that only the dumpster is being emptied and ONLY if the truck can get to it.
Sometimes if you happen to be at the beach when GEN Workers are there you can give them extra money to gather the bags outside of the dumpster. But, it is not their job.

Posted: Wed Jul 4th, 2018 08:02 pm
  PM Quote Reply
14th Post
Bullshipper

Mana: 
I rent a shop about 200 meters down wind from the garbage pile and the flies are now a real problem for us even in this breezy area.

Posted: Wed Jul 4th, 2018 08:04 pm
  PM Quote Reply
15th Post
Bullshipper

Mana: 
long time resident wrote: And who do you think would pay that?

your guess is as good as mine.

Posted: Fri Jul 13th, 2018 05:53 am
  PM Quote Reply
16th Post
MountainbikeVH

Mana: 
 Today there was a large dump truck and heavy equipment loading the garbage for removal. Rejoice🙌🇲🇽!

Posted: Fri Jul 13th, 2018 12:16 pm
  PM Quote Reply
17th Post
frankie

Mana: 
yes the dump truck took the existing trash!! in open bed dump trucks to have wind catch some of the trash redepositing it on our streets as it drives down the road!!

the cycle will continue again as today it's friday, lets wait to see the photos of the piled trash at the beach, sunday evening, monday morning!!!

Last edited on Fri Jul 13th, 2018 12:17 pm by frankie

Posted: Fri Jul 13th, 2018 04:52 pm
  PM Quote Reply
18th Post
Caroline

Mana: 
I have an idea.  Why not require every real estate agent in town to buy 2 sturdy plastic trash cans with locking lids for every house they sell. 

That doesn't help everyone but at least it sets an example and reminds people how important it is to use the correct cans.  

I don't mean those big lidless barrels that are everywhere in town but big sturdy plastic cans with lids attached.  

They could even print on them "Always use your trash can"  supplied by Blah Blah Real Estate.  

Also requiring every business in town to have those same sturdy trash cans with lids attached could be a requirement to allow them to remain in business.  No cans no license to operate.  

Those huge dumpsters can be a big help in certain areas but as you can see some people even  make dumpsters a terrible choice.

They are not a solution to household garbage because as you see on San Francisco beach the area around the dumpster becomes a free for all dump.

In a civilized country once a week garbage pick up is the right solution.  Mexico is a civilized country and needs to get their public services up to a basic standard.

As long as we (gringos) do the job of the Government they don't have to.  I will not do that and refuse to clean up other peoples garbage.  I AM responsible for my home and immediate neighborhood and do my job willingly.

Lets see what happens when the new administration takes over.  Until then we need to continue to post on various FB pages, this blog and others to keep the issues alive.

Maybe if everyone bought strong garbage cans with lids rather than using plastic bags our streets would look a little different.  Plastic bags get thrown all over the place, get torn then scattered by various critters.  It cracks me up that some people hang their garbage from a tree or fence to keep it off the ground.  Buy some freaking garbage cans with lids people.

Posted: Fri Jul 13th, 2018 05:24 pm
  PM Quote Reply
19th Post
frankie

Mana: 
Caroline wrote: I have an idea.  Why not require every real estate agent in town to buy 2 sturdy plastic trash cans with locking lids for every house they sell. 

As long as we (gringos) do the job of the Government they don't have to.  I will not do that and refuse to clean up other peoples garbage.  I AM responsible for my home and immediate neighborhood and do my job willingly.

caroline, i focused on two of your sentences! the 1st one is a good idea!! the second is closed minded! guaymas is having as big or bigger garbage collection than san carlos!!
the US verses THEM , i don't think is the way to go!lead through example, all the neighborhoods should organize and contract a private garbage collection service!!
 problem solved!!!!!

Last edited on Fri Jul 13th, 2018 05:25 pm by frankie

Posted: Fri Jul 13th, 2018 05:39 pm
  PM Quote Reply
20th Post
frankie

Mana: 
caroline, good idea!!!

Attachment: wasre1.jpg (Downloaded 54 times)

Current time is 07:52 am Page:    1  2  Next Page Last Page    
San Carlos, Sonora, Mexico Forums > Topical Forums > San Carlos Forum > To the people taking their household garbage to the beach Top

UltraBB 1.172 Copyright © 2007-2014 Data 1 Systems