San Carlos, Sonora, Mexico Forums Home 

San Carlos Mexico Forum
Welcome to our forum. In order to post in our forums you must be registered. Please take a minute to register to enjoy the full benefits of the forum. Registration is FREE and your information is kept private. When registering, please make sure your email address is entered correctly-if incorrect, you will not receive your validation message. Please do not use your email address as your user name for your own privacy and security. Gmail account users should check spam or trash folders for our validation message after initial registration. We also suggest you add host@sancarlosmexico.com to your white list.

This message board requires you to register in order to post new topics, reply to topics started by other users, start polls, or vote on polls. As a registered user, you can edit your own posts, upload photos and view our photo gallery, and send private messages to other members of the board. Registered users can keep track of the topics they are interested in, and receive e-mail notifications when someone posts to one of those topics. Registered users can choose a theme and setup a profile, to include hometown, email & web address and avatar if desired.
We do ask that you post in the appropriate forum-look over the subjects and topics of all forums including the mercado section before making your first post. Posts in the wrong forum or not related to San Carlos may be moved or deleted without notice.
Please take a moment and register to enjoy all the benefits of the forum.
Bienvenidos!

Moderated by: bartmanaz
New Topic Reply Printer Friendly
Super del Norte  Rate Topic 
AuthorPost
 Posted: Tue Jun 26th, 2018 08:10 pm
  PM Quote Reply
1st Post
MARIGOT

Mana: 
I see they are working away again on/in the Super del Norte store.  Does anyone have inside information on when they plan to open?

It would really be nice to have a grocery at this end of town, besides OXXO.

Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

Posted: Tue Jun 26th, 2018 08:22 pm
  PM Quote Reply
2nd Post
390pony

Mana: 
I would love that, since it's an easy walk for me.

Posted: Tue Jun 26th, 2018 08:40 pm
  PM Quote Reply
3rd Post
frankie

Mana: 
there is a new sign, it is not a super del norte!

Posted: Tue Jun 26th, 2018 08:51 pm
  PM Quote Reply
4th Post
MARIGOT

Mana: 
Ya know, I saw that banner, Frankie.
But the big ‘sign in the sky’ still says Super del Norte, so that’s what I’m calling it until they replace that large permanent sign.

Posted: Tue Jun 26th, 2018 11:19 pm
  PM Quote Reply
5th Post
Angel

Mana: 
The banner says it will be a "Santovalle" supermarket which is a brand of the same corporation that owns Super del Norte. Supposedly is their "upscale" grocery store. There are a few of those in Hermosillo located in the "better" areas of the city.

Posted: Tue Jun 26th, 2018 11:23 pm
  PM Quote Reply
6th Post
frankie

Mana: 
angel, thanks!! i couldn't remember the name and for letting us know about santovalle!!

Posted: Tue Jun 26th, 2018 11:44 pm
  PM Quote Reply
7th Post
JCB

Mana: 
Upscale = higher prices.  That is great news for us on the west side of town.

Posted: Wed Jun 27th, 2018 12:10 am
  PM Quote Reply
8th Post
frankie

Mana: 
i do my every day shopping at santa rosa, when shopping for weekly needs i shop at Walmart.
i try to coordinate my errands to guaymas to once a week, hair cut, car wash, dry cleaner, Walmart, movie, lunch, ect;.!!!
the prices in general are less expensive in guaymas!
plus it's an opportunity to get out of my zip code!!!

Posted: Wed Jun 27th, 2018 02:03 am
  PM Quote Reply
9th Post
Hook

Mana: 
JCB wrote: Upscale = higher prices.  That is great news for us on the west side of town.

?????

Posted: Wed Jun 27th, 2018 02:41 pm
  PM Quote Reply
10th Post
Caroline

Mana: 
If they carry upscale brands, quality produce and hard to find items I for one don't mind paying a little more.

As it is I buy those items I "must" have in Tucson once a month where everything is more expensive so it will be a personal benefit to have them available closer to home.

In my opinion we have a gold mine here in SC in terms of cost of living.  My quality of life would be so much lower if I lived full time in Tucson so I NEVER complain about paying a
few pennies more for something here.  Some folks make a game of looking for the best prices, often because they live on a small fixed income so I understand but I live on a fixed income too but figure the overall low prices here make it all work out OK.

Having a happy, healthy,  fun life is worth all the money in the world to me so I smile every chance I get.

Posted: Thu Jun 28th, 2018 03:20 pm
  PM Quote Reply
11th Post
Bullshipper

Mana: 
There are several Santovilles in Hmo. They recently took over a Vimark on Colossio. Nice, and a good addition to Ley and Walmart who sell the lowest cost items.

Current time is 07:53 am  
San Carlos, Sonora, Mexico Forums > Topical Forums > San Carlos Forum > Super del Norte Top

UltraBB 1.172 Copyright © 2007-2014 Data 1 Systems