San Carlos, Sonora, Mexico Forums Home 

San Carlos Mexico Forum
Welcome to our forum. In order to post in our forums you must be registered. Please take a minute to register to enjoy the full benefits of the forum. Registration is FREE and your information is kept private. When registering, please make sure your email address is entered correctly-if incorrect, you will not receive your validation message. Please do not use your email address as your user name for your own privacy and security. Gmail account users should check spam or trash folders for our validation message after initial registration. We also suggest you add host@sancarlosmexico.com to your white list.

This message board requires you to register in order to post new topics, reply to topics started by other users, start polls, or vote on polls. As a registered user, you can edit your own posts, upload photos and view our photo gallery, and send private messages to other members of the board. Registered users can keep track of the topics they are interested in, and receive e-mail notifications when someone posts to one of those topics. Registered users can choose a theme and setup a profile, to include hometown, email & web address and avatar if desired.
We do ask that you post in the appropriate forum-look over the subjects and topics of all forums including the mercado section before making your first post. Posts in the wrong forum or not related to San Carlos may be moved or deleted without notice.
Please take a moment and register to enjoy all the benefits of the forum.
Bienvenidos!

Moderated by: bartmanaz
New Topic Reply Printer Friendly
Offshore report  Rate Topic 
AuthorPost
 Posted: Tue May 1st, 2018 03:13 pm
  PM Quote Reply
1st Post
repsilon

Mana: 
I would think a marlin would win the race. Saw a fair number of turtles and manta rays. Passed the one massive pod of dolphin that's been cleaning up the area for the past few weeks. I hope they leave something to attract the stupid fish. My hopes were up for a few groups of diving terns around the Horseshoe. Didn't see many sardines. No flyers. 75 and pretty blue. Saw some decent bright orange sargasso to a couple feet around, but no bait underneath. In time.

Looks like some northwest this week to keep things cool. I think a lot of yellowtail weren't ready to spawn, but they might still be woozy from watching the show and the full moon. The bite was late. It was good at the Island last week! Tides look to be getting better too after a few mellow afternoons. Just babies in close. Haven't heard any reports from Pando or Tortuga. I bet the jig bite gets hot this cycle, as well as the popper.

Tight Lines,

Team Margarita Sportfishing 
Repsilon@aol.com 

Last edited on Tue May 1st, 2018 03:16 pm by repsilon

Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

Posted: Tue May 1st, 2018 07:54 pm
  PM Quote Reply
2nd Post
repsilon

Mana: 
O.k. There was a credible sighting of a marlin in close.

Posted: Wed May 2nd, 2018 03:05 am
  PM Quote Reply
3rd Post
K2BILLFISH

Mana: 
thanks for the updates. I check daily and I like the sounds of this. I will be down the 27th to june 4th to hopefully fish every day.hopefully the fishing will be as good as last year:D any sailfish sightings

Posted: Wed May 2nd, 2018 03:42 am
  PM Quote Reply
4th Post
repsilon

Mana: 
Too early.

Posted: Mon May 7th, 2018 04:37 pm
  PM Quote Reply
5th Post
SBT

Mana: 
Out Sunday, 5-6-18, fished ballyhoo and a meat dredge from the haystack seamounts to the horseshoe and back towards the marina. Smooth as a pond. Nada. Green water rising to 75 degrees, Little bird activity, no turtles, many small patches of seaweed, a few jumping thresher sharks.

Posted: Thu May 10th, 2018 01:48 am
  PM Quote Reply
6th Post
SBT

Mana: 
Out Wednesday. Trolled naked ballyhoo past the point of the reef maybe a total of 25-30 miles out. Blue water, one shark, one turtle. Some birds. Max temperature was 76 degrees. Caught one dorado +/-15 lbs. No billfish sightings.

Posted: Thu May 10th, 2018 01:54 am
  PM Quote Reply
7th Post
weekendwarrior

Mana: 
Nice report SBT, a dinner fish to boot! the fish are headed north! Thanks for the report...

Posted: Thu May 10th, 2018 04:22 am
  PM Quote Reply
8th Post
repsilon

Mana: 
We found one small area about 19 out, 220 with a handful of marlin. One pulled a lure for 10 seconds and a couple tickles on the ballyhoo. Saw two dorado. Handful of flying fish. Nice day. Had a couple Humpbacks pass by and four Orcas.

Posted: Thu May 10th, 2018 08:53 pm
  PM Quote Reply
9th Post
chase

Mana: 
Can’t eait to get down there. 29 days! Unfortunately there isn’t dorado in my backyard stream:(

Posted: Thu May 10th, 2018 08:53 pm
  PM Quote Reply
10th Post
chase

Mana: 
Is there any bait around?

Posted: Thu May 10th, 2018 11:02 pm
  PM Quote Reply
11th Post
repsilon

Mana: 
Lots of big marks on the Reef. The finder didn't read well offshore. I didn't see anything, but a few flyers. Still ballyhoo in close. There was major bait a week ago in close. Inshore was coated with microscopic larvae. We must have returned up from the sargasso on the way in, but I started to see small bait on patches in the afternoon. It's out there somewhere. I think the cooler water will produce more bait this year. It's going to be messy and green in close for a month or more. 

Posted: Mon May 14th, 2018 04:30 pm
  PM Quote Reply
12th Post
SBT

Mana: 
Out Sunday, 5-13-18, fished ballyhoo and a meat dredge from the haystack seamounts to and around the horseshoe. Blue, 75 degree water. Two turtles and nothing else, not even a single working bird.

Posted: Tue May 15th, 2018 03:53 am
  PM Quote Reply
13th Post
K2BILLFISH

Mana: 
how far south is the warmer water 

Current time is 07:53 am  
San Carlos, Sonora, Mexico Forums > Topical Forums > San Carlos Fishing Forum > Offshore report Top

UltraBB 1.172 Copyright © 2007-2014 Data 1 Systems