San Carlos, Sonora, Mexico Forums Home 
San Carlos, Sonora, Mexico Forums > Topical Forums > San Carlos Forum > Parking Fee $50 Pesos for Soggy Peso and Sunset Grill

San Carlos Mexico Forum
Welcome to our forum. In order to post in our forums you must be registered. Please take a minute to register to enjoy the full benefits of the forum. Registration is FREE and your information is kept private. When registering, please make sure your email address is entered correctly-if incorrect, you will not receive your validation message. Please do not use your email address as your user name for your own privacy and security. Gmail account users should check spam or trash folders for our validation message after initial registration. We also suggest you add host@sancarlosmexico.com to your white list.

This message board requires you to register in order to post new topics, reply to topics started by other users, start polls, or vote on polls. As a registered user, you can edit your own posts, upload photos and view our photo gallery, and send private messages to other members of the board. Registered users can keep track of the topics they are interested in, and receive e-mail notifications when someone posts to one of those topics. Registered users can choose a theme and setup a profile, to include hometown, email & web address and avatar if desired.
We do ask that you post in the appropriate forum-look over the subjects and topics of all forums including the mercado section before making your first post. Posts in the wrong forum or not related to San Carlos may be moved or deleted without notice.
Please take a moment and register to enjoy all the benefits of the forum.
Bienvenidos!

Moderated by: bartmanaz Page:    1  2  Next Page Last Page  
New Topic Reply Printer Friendly
Parking Fee $50 Pesos for Soggy Peso and Sunset Grill  Rate Topic 
AuthorPost
 Posted: Sun Apr 15th, 2018 08:38 pm
  PM Quote Reply
1st Post
stephenjay

Mana: 
Be advised there is now a $50 peso parking fee on Saturdays and Sundays.

Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

Posted: Sun Apr 15th, 2018 10:44 pm
  PM Quote Reply
2nd Post
johnmoore

Mana: 
Not for me.

Posted: Mon Apr 16th, 2018 02:27 pm
  PM Quote Reply
3rd Post
frankie

Mana: 
i am stopped at the entrance as everyone else and i have never paid a parking fee!!! 
i have frequented the 2 existing establishments for years and have always enjoyed the ambiance of the location! that said it has become, considering fees for parking, food and drinks costs, extremely pricey!
i am quite aware if you want to dance you have to pay the fiddler!

i will continue frequenting the 2 establishments, just not as often as i would like to!!

Last edited on Mon Apr 16th, 2018 03:09 pm by frankie

Posted: Mon Apr 16th, 2018 04:26 pm
  PM Quote Reply
4th Post
azbandit66

Mana: 
Yup, I don't need to go there that badly. Too many other nice places in town for less $$$

Posted: Mon Apr 16th, 2018 05:05 pm
  PM Quote Reply
5th Post
Jimmy

Mana: 
$2.50 it could be worse

Posted: Mon Apr 16th, 2018 05:26 pm
  PM Quote Reply
6th Post
johnmoore

Mana: 
Jimmy, more important that what these two establishments are charging, is where are you getting 20 to 1 exchange rate pesos to dollars. That's something that will really peak interest.

Posted: Mon Apr 16th, 2018 05:26 pm
  PM Quote Reply
7th Post
MARIGOT

Mana: 
Ditto #4.  We have soooo many choices of good restaurants here in San Carlos.

Posted: Mon Apr 16th, 2018 09:19 pm
  PM Quote Reply
8th Post
Hook

Mana: 
johnmoore wrote: Jimmy, more important that what these two establishments are charging, is where are you getting 20 to 1 exchange rate pesos to dollars. That's something that will really peak interest.

Yeah, the best you could probably get right now is 17.5 or so. That's about 2.85 to park. A 250% increase from last year.

Sometimes the workarounds work, sometimes they don't. Contrary to what keeps being posted by you-know-who, the business cards from Frank and Lisa havent worked for a couple years. And sometimes you can boldly drive through without stopping and the guy wont chase you down, that's for sure. But sometimes he has an obstruction there.

It really isnt fair to blame "these two establishments". It is not Frank and Lisa's doing. It's the landowner. I guess that is the Coppels, at this point?

I suspect they will begin charging it on Mexican holidays, too.

Posted: Mon Apr 16th, 2018 11:40 pm
  PM Quote Reply
9th Post
frankie

Mana: 
new price and no "la salsa" or bonifacios"???

Attachment: ticket.jpg (Downloaded 222 times)

Posted: Tue Apr 17th, 2018 02:25 am
  PM Quote Reply
10th Post
JZ

Mana: 
Just ride your dirt bikes down the beach and avoid the entrance. Pretty simple.

Last edited on Tue Apr 17th, 2018 02:26 am by JZ

Posted: Tue Apr 17th, 2018 01:45 pm
  PM Quote Reply
11th Post
stephenjay

Mana: 
Keep in mind, the restaurants are not charging the fee, it is private land from the road to the beach, the owners of the old club med collect the fee.

Posted: Tue Apr 17th, 2018 03:00 pm
  PM Quote Reply
12th Post
johnmoore

Mana: 
Does anyone, know for sure, where the collected money is going? I can't believe the Coppel family needs it.

Posted: Tue Apr 17th, 2018 05:34 pm
  PM Quote Reply
13th Post
nice guy

Mana: 
That's the Law of Money - People who don't need more, get more.

Posted: Fri Apr 20th, 2018 09:36 am
  PM Quote Reply
14th Post
Steverhnm

Mana: 
Well looks like I will find another place to spend my Pesos

Posted: Fri Apr 20th, 2018 01:32 pm
  PM Quote Reply
15th Post
Vaquero

Mana: 
I am glad that there is someone who can determine who "has enough" money.  Someone else could easily determine that most if not every ex pat here fits that description.  Decide to go and pay or not your choice as well as it is their choice.  It is called respect for private property.  As soon as you start giving your excess bedrooms to someone rent free I will start listening.

Posted: Fri Apr 20th, 2018 01:35 pm
  PM Quote Reply
16th Post
stephenjay

Mana: 
It is good business to cover your expenses, the parking fees pay for the guards at the entrance, trash pickup on the road and road maintenance as limited as it maybe.

Posted: Fri Apr 20th, 2018 02:24 pm
  PM Quote Reply
17th Post
johnmoore

Mana: 
Vaquero said "I am glad that there is someone who can determine who "has enough" money"

No one can say they have enough, but I would almost bet they are unaware of the parking fees.....

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2012-11-15/mexico-s-coppel-brothers-emerge-with-16-billion-fortune

Posted: Fri Apr 20th, 2018 03:04 pm
  PM Quote Reply
18th Post
Hook

Mana: 
It's Mexican economics 101. When income is down (due to the closure of the biggest draw, La Salsa) you RAISE the prices.

I can't imagine this HELPS business at the Peso and Sunset.

50 pesos.....seems like more than enough to "cover expenses" with the pay scales in Mexico.

Or maybe this is the Coppel's way of winnowing down the demand for the eventual closure of all the businesses out there?

Last edited on Fri Apr 20th, 2018 03:05 pm by Hook

Posted: Fri Apr 20th, 2018 03:13 pm
  PM Quote Reply
19th Post
Caroline

Mana: 
I never go on Saturday or Sunday anyway. Too crowded for me.

Plus I'm sure part of the fee is to cover the cost of cleaning up all the trash the people leave behind on the beach.

Regardless of the "rules in Mexico" about beaches being public I don't think the Coppel family are going to give away the valuable asset they bought at the old Club Med.......the beautiful beaches!

Apart from them being very successful and wealthy Mexican folks, they own and operate some splendid resorts in Mazatlan so they know what they are doing.

Their Emerald Beach Resort is a top of the line destination, well run and desirable. As we all know some rules mean nothing in Mexico and especially for the IPs (important people) which the Coppel's are part of.

I'll be happy to see a 5 Star resort built on that property some day which will benefit San Carlos immensely. I only hope Soggy Peso and Sunset are part of their finished project one day.

Posted: Fri Apr 20th, 2018 03:20 pm
  PM Quote Reply
20th Post
Snuffy

Mana: 
I was there last weekend, and there may have been between 15-20 vehicles all day. That's a little over $50 USD. There were two people at the gate. Yep someone is getting rich. lol.

Small price that I am glad to pay to go have lunch and sit on the beach drinking cervezas.

Current time is 03:42 pm Page:    1  2  Next Page Last Page    
San Carlos, Sonora, Mexico Forums > Topical Forums > San Carlos Forum > Parking Fee $50 Pesos for Soggy Peso and Sunset Grill Top

UltraBB 1.172 Copyright © 2007-2014 Data 1 Systems