San Carlos, Sonora, Mexico Forums Home 

San Carlos Mexico Forum
Welcome to our forum. In order to post in our forums you must be registered. Please take a minute to register to enjoy the full benefits of the forum. Registration is FREE and your information is kept private. When registering, please make sure your email address is entered correctly-if incorrect, you will not receive your validation message. Please do not use your email address as your user name for your own privacy and security. Gmail account users should check spam or trash folders for our validation message after initial registration. We also suggest you add host@sancarlosmexico.com to your white list.

This message board requires you to register in order to post new topics, reply to topics started by other users, start polls, or vote on polls. As a registered user, you can edit your own posts, upload photos and view our photo gallery, and send private messages to other members of the board. Registered users can keep track of the topics they are interested in, and receive e-mail notifications when someone posts to one of those topics. Registered users can choose a theme and setup a profile, to include hometown, email & web address and avatar if desired.
We do ask that you post in the appropriate forum-look over the subjects and topics of all forums including the mercado section before making your first post. Posts in the wrong forum or not related to San Carlos may be moved or deleted without notice.
Please take a moment and register to enjoy all the benefits of the forum.
Bienvenidos!

Moderated by: bartmanaz
New Topic Reply Printer Friendly
Agua y Mas  Rate Topic 
AuthorPost
 Posted: Sun Apr 15th, 2018 02:56 am
  PM Quote Reply
1st Post
RichD

Mana: 
There was a fundraiser today for Agua y Mas.  If you were not able to attend, this organization is an orphanage in Guaymas that will soon be moving to San Carlos.  They are presently working on the DIF building which is just South of the softball field.  It is is pretty bad shape and will take a lot of work and money.

This is a wonderful organization and I hope the community will welcome and support them. 

For information...

http://www.aguaymas.org/

https://www.facebook.com/aguaymas2011/?ref=page_internal

Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

Posted: Sun Apr 15th, 2018 06:54 pm
  PM Quote Reply
2nd Post
nice guy

Mana: 
I don't think there's a ton of orphans here in SC, so could it be that they decided to move here because that's where the money is?

Posted: Mon Apr 16th, 2018 01:27 am
  PM Quote Reply
3rd Post
RichD

Mana: 
Quite possibly but the truth is they were outgrowing their facility in Guaymas and DIF offered them the building. The kids will come from all over, not just San Carlos. Will your support depend on where the kids come from?

Posted: Mon Apr 16th, 2018 10:55 pm
  PM Quote Reply
4th Post
RichD

Mana: 
Work has started on the new location already. Thanks to all that have volunteered to help.

Posted: Wed Apr 18th, 2018 03:10 pm
  PM Quote Reply
5th Post
RichD

Mana: 
Although I referred to Agua y Mas as an orphanage, most of the children have living parents. DIF is the social services branch of the government. They remove children from homes where they are being abused or living conditions are terrible. They place them in facilities like Agua y Mas and Hijos del Rey. The government provides very little support for the care of these children. Some of the stories are heartbreaking. To see these kids happy, well fed and well clothed is heart warming. I hope San Carlos will embrace and support these kids in our community.

Posted: Fri Apr 20th, 2018 03:46 pm
  PM Quote Reply
6th Post
ballenamar

Mana: 
I am curious about who Agua y Mas is. They say that they are a non-profit from Mountain View, California. But that is all. From all the bible verses being quoted, they appear to be a group of evangelicals. Are they, in reality, missionaries with a theology to sell?  Just curious.

Posted: Fri Apr 20th, 2018 03:49 pm
  PM Quote Reply
7th Post
ballenamar

Mana: 
From their Facebook page:

"To provide Gods children with clean water for their bodies, His word for their minds and His love for their spirits."

Posted: Fri Apr 20th, 2018 08:01 pm
  PM Quote Reply
8th Post
RichD

Mana: 
Yes it is a Christian ministry. Maggie feels she had a calling to come here and help children. I don't know what you mean about a theology to sell.

Posted: Fri Apr 20th, 2018 10:12 pm
  PM Quote Reply
9th Post
Jimmy

Mana: 
Everybody has something to sell, even if it is cynicism that some are known for Ballena.

Last edited on Fri Apr 20th, 2018 10:13 pm by Jimmy

Posted: Sat Apr 21st, 2018 01:01 am
  PM Quote Reply
10th Post
johnmoore

Mana: 
What Aqua y Mas offers is freely given and not for sale.

Posted: Sat Apr 21st, 2018 02:16 am
  PM Quote Reply
11th Post
ballenamar

Mana: 
Just curious. I ask with with respect for the work with kids that is apparently being done. But, this is a religious organization.Is fundraising for religious organizations allowed on this board??

Posted: Sat Apr 21st, 2018 05:57 am
  PM Quote Reply
12th Post
RichD

Mana: 
There are many people in San Carlos that are generous with their time and/or money. What causes they choose to support is their personal choice. I was trying to make people aware of this organization that will have a presence in our town. If Bart wants to delete the thread, that is his right.

Posted: Sat Apr 21st, 2018 07:07 am
  PM Quote Reply
13th Post
Ian948

Mana: 
Everyone is free to choose what to support.

As I have donated toward their beach party a few weeks back I can attest that when I followed the online process it turned out to be a religious organization - ok tax deductible in the states but would not have been my choice. ( religious / evangelical I could be slightly inaccurate in description )

I did think it was a secular group until the almost end of the online process.

I am sure they are doing wonderful things and of course wish them well - not for me, but that is personal choice .

There is no shortage of deserving causes for sure .

Each to their own.

Current time is 03:16 am  
San Carlos, Sonora, Mexico Forums > Topical Forums > San Carlos Forum > Agua y Mas Top

UltraBB 1.172 Copyright © 2007-2014 Data 1 Systems