San Carlos, Sonora, Mexico Forums Home 
San Carlos, Sonora, Mexico Forums > Topical Forums > San Carlos Forum > Missing San Carlos, got a couple questions

San Carlos Mexico Forum
Welcome to our forum. In order to post in our forums you must be registered. Please take a minute to register to enjoy the full benefits of the forum. Registration is FREE and your information is kept private. When registering, please make sure your email address is entered correctly-if incorrect, you will not receive your validation message. Please do not use your email address as your user name for your own privacy and security. Gmail account users should check spam or trash folders for our validation message after initial registration. We also suggest you add host@sancarlosmexico.com to your white list.

This message board requires you to register in order to post new topics, reply to topics started by other users, start polls, or vote on polls. As a registered user, you can edit your own posts, upload photos and view our photo gallery, and send private messages to other members of the board. Registered users can keep track of the topics they are interested in, and receive e-mail notifications when someone posts to one of those topics. Registered users can choose a theme and setup a profile, to include hometown, email & web address and avatar if desired.
We do ask that you post in the appropriate forum-look over the subjects and topics of all forums including the mercado section before making your first post. Posts in the wrong forum or not related to San Carlos may be moved or deleted without notice.
Please take a moment and register to enjoy all the benefits of the forum.
Bienvenidos!

Moderated by: bartmanaz
New Topic Reply Printer Friendly
Missing San Carlos, got a couple questions  Rate Topic 
AuthorPost
 Posted: Sat Feb 10th, 2018 08:32 pm
  PM Quote Reply
1st Post
bmiller

Mana: 
Sadly I haven't been down in a several years. Got a few questions since we hope to be back soon.
Is JJ's still around? I know he misses me.How is the marina holding up?Lots of banter about the water situation, how bad is it, really?Anything new and exciting in the last 5 years or so?
Thanks, Bill

Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

Posted: Sat Feb 10th, 2018 10:15 pm
  PM Quote Reply
2nd Post
MARIGOT

Mana: 
JJ is alive, well and as sarcastic as ever.Too many things have changed in the last 5 years to list.  Life goes on here, so come back and check it out.

Posted: Sun Feb 11th, 2018 01:46 pm
  PM Quote Reply
3rd Post
Vaquero

Mana: 
To each his own. All I can say is that we love it here enough to spend 8 months per year of our life here. Pros and cons to anywhere you live.

Posted: Tue Feb 13th, 2018 04:25 pm
  PM Quote Reply
4th Post
two_profs

Mana: 
J.J. has moved. Closer to marina and on the other side of the street.

Posted: Tue Feb 13th, 2018 07:21 pm
  PM Quote Reply
5th Post
Hook

Mana: 
Having lived here for 10 years, the last 3-5 have been incredible in the amount of changes. Especially beach access. It's clearly going to disappear soon, unless you want to "pay to play".
Here are the beach access areas that have instituted entrance control in the last 3-5 years, or are completely off limits due to fencing/development. All of this effectively blocks vehicular access to these areas. Walking access is still possible from SOME of these areas, but it has effectively ended any launching of kayaks, inflatables or paddleboards in most areas. Well, unless you want to carry your floatation devices 100-300 meters, in many cases. 
From north to south:
-Cactus Island area access now forces you onto the beach if gate is locked.
-Bluffs between Puesta del Sol and La Manga #1 now closed off
-access to Paradiso area completely closed due to new owners.
-occasionally restricted, paid access to Soggy Peso/Sunset
-new "militar" kiosk at the entrance to the Algodones playa publica beach. Not sure what that's about.
-boat owner parking in Marina Real severely restricted on the north side, due to new development and new fencing. Dirt lot on north side is disappearing.
-access to Tomatal beach on the NW side of the Bahia closed (and has been for about five years).
-access to the Bahia from the end of the private homes all the way to the marina now fenced off and closed. Fill dirt now almost complete in the area across from Esterito #1 restaurant. Some development is clearly going in there soon.
-Sundial access long gone.
-area from the Nacapule arroyo mouth, all the way to the El Mar wedding area now blocked.
-West end of beach road behind bluffs on San Francisco beach now blocked by a wall built by the palapa restaurant that has yet to open. Access on the bluff road now only by driving to the Pilar/Delfin road and doubling back to the west. I imagine any vehicle drivers in Pilar/Delfin are really bummed at not having this pleasant option at driving to town.
-Soldado Estuary now off limits to land launched private kayaks without a guide.
Am I missing any?
Predicted closures in the near future:
-kayak launch next to Marinaterra Beach club
-beach area on the east side of Condominios Triana

Last edited on Tue Feb 13th, 2018 07:22 pm by Hook

Posted: Tue Feb 13th, 2018 07:21 pm
  PM Quote Reply
6th Post
Hook

Mana: 
Ah, the dreaded spacing bug.

Posted: Tue Feb 13th, 2018 09:57 pm
  PM Quote Reply
7th Post
Jimmy

Mana: 
Cheer Up........It will get worse.

I am jaded buy what it was 20 to 30 years ago. For me the Dalliance is Lost.

But, for the Newbies who know no better....They will love it!  

Last edited on Wed Feb 14th, 2018 12:04 am by Jimmy

Posted: Mon Feb 26th, 2018 02:16 am
  PM Quote Reply
8th Post
Hook

Mana: 
Another one bites the dust. One of my favorite hikes.

Rancho Nacapule now has an electric gate with a uniformed security guard. No more admittance for walking that beautiful area NW of Nacapule Canyon. Towards the Romero property.

I suppose I could pretend that I am interested in a lot, but that would only last a couple times.

Current time is 02:53 am  
San Carlos, Sonora, Mexico Forums > Topical Forums > San Carlos Forum > Missing San Carlos, got a couple questions Top

UltraBB 1.172 Copyright © 2007-2014 Data 1 Systems