San Carlos, Sonora, Mexico Forums Home 

San Carlos Mexico Forum
Welcome to our forum. In order to post in our forums you must be registered. Please take a minute to register to enjoy the full benefits of the forum. Registration is FREE and your information is kept private. When registering, please make sure your email address is entered correctly-if incorrect, you will not receive your validation message. Please do not use your email address as your user name for your own privacy and security. Gmail account users should check spam or trash folders for our validation message after initial registration. We also suggest you add host@sancarlosmexico.com to your white list.

This message board requires you to register in order to post new topics, reply to topics started by other users, start polls, or vote on polls. As a registered user, you can edit your own posts, upload photos and view our photo gallery, and send private messages to other members of the board. Registered users can keep track of the topics they are interested in, and receive e-mail notifications when someone posts to one of those topics. Registered users can choose a theme and setup a profile, to include hometown, email & web address and avatar if desired.
We do ask that you post in the appropriate forum-look over the subjects and topics of all forums including the mercado section before making your first post. Posts in the wrong forum or not related to San Carlos may be moved or deleted without notice.
Please take a moment and register to enjoy all the benefits of the forum.
Bienvenidos!

Moderated by: bartmanaz Page:  First Page Previous Page  1  2  3  4   
New Topic Reply Printer Friendly
ProTemp Comisario  Rate Topic 
AuthorPost
 Posted: Sun Feb 11th, 2018 01:09 am
  PM Quote Reply
61st Post
maryt

Mana: 
Back at you Ian, :)

Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

Posted: Mon Feb 12th, 2018 07:36 pm
  PM Quote Reply
62nd Post
johnmoore

Mana: 
How many Committees has the Comisario formed? It is my understanding there are gringo's on these Committiees. How can gringos be involved in what appears to be political appointments?

Posted: Mon Feb 12th, 2018 07:46 pm
  PM Quote Reply
63rd Post
frankie

Mana: 
johnmoore wrote: How many Committees has the Comisario formed? 
most of the groups where already in existence, formed by concerned residents!! 
these are our neighbors picking up trash at their own time and expense!
having and investigating the water and sewer problems at their own time and expense!
contacting tourism interests to discover san carlos at their own time and expense!
ect!!!!!!!!
nothing new!!! just good/responsible residents taking matters into their own hands!

the credit goes to them!!

Last edited on Mon Feb 12th, 2018 07:47 pm by frankie

Posted: Tue Feb 13th, 2018 01:44 am
  PM Quote Reply
64th Post
Chicomickey

Mana: 
John,

The San Carlos Residents Council has 8 committees (or commissions). 
They are as follows:

1. Water & Sewage
2. Neighborhood Organization
3. Culture & Events
4. Donations
5. Urban Image
6. Public Services
7. Tourism
8. Audit

Each committee has two co-chairs.  One is a resident and one is a visitor.  Put another way, one chairperson is of Mexican nationality and one is a non-Mexican resident.  This way we get a diversity of talents, cultural experiences, and problem solving techniques.  This also allows us to be more of a Community Council rather than a “Gringo” or “Mexican” Council.

In addition to these committees we have two Council Co-Chairmen.  I serve as one, my co-chair is Ramiro Páez.  Our responsibilities are to coordinate the committee activities, and to assist in making sure each committee interacts and coordinates with all the other committees.  We, and each committee co-chair, serve as a liaison to the community.

Our committees were formed after Salvador Macias accepted the position of Comisario of San Carlos.  Being part of the Residents Council is an invitation only privilege to individuals that have distinguished themselves in the community for their social work and positive attitude towards problem solving.  

Your question on how gringos can be involved in what appears to be a political appointmentbis a good one.  In fact we are not political appointments.  We are an Advisory Council to the Comisario.  The work that we engage in is non-political.  We are engaged in programs and problem solving activities to make San Carlos a better place to live and or visit.  

Our committee co-chairs and Council co-chairs are all volunteers.  We give our time, experience, and energy to the community.  What we get back is the hope that our work makes a difference.

Thanks again for your interest and support.
Mike Barry

Last edited on Tue Feb 13th, 2018 01:48 am by Chicomickey

Posted: Tue Feb 13th, 2018 02:55 am
  PM Quote Reply
65th Post
frankie

Mana: 
Chicomickey wrote: John,

The San Carlos Residents Council has 8 committees (or commissions). 
They are as follows:

1. Water & Sewage
2. Neighborhood Organization
3. Culture & Events
4. Donations
5. Urban Image
6. Public Services
7. Tourism
8. Audit

Each committee has two co-chairs.  One is a resident and one is a visitor.  Put another way, one chairperson is of Mexican nationality and one is a non-Mexican resident.  This way we get a diversity of talents, cultural experiences, and problem solving techniques.  This also allows us to be more of a Community Council rather than a “Gringo” or “Mexican” Council.

Our committees were formed after Salvador Macias accepted the position of Comisario of San Carlos.  Being part of the Residents Council is an invitation only privilege to individuals that have distinguished themselves in the community for their social work and positive attitude towards problem solving.  

Thanks again for your interest and support.
Mike Barry

1) i was co-chair of the neighborhood organization committee i was born NOB so was the other co-chair,
2) after 6 meetings our positive problem solving recommendation was declined, we where dis-banned. my co-chair resigned. i believe i have been booted from the committee as of saturday!3) upon the dis-banning two individuals both born NOB where appointed as the co-chairs4) to my knowledge at least 3 prominent DISTINGUISHED contributors to san carlos have resigned, and i believe i have been booted!!  5) what distinguishing contributions  have you made to our community mike barry?6) SCROLL UP AND SEE HOW YOU PROBLEM SOLVED THE TRASH PICK UP!:shock:

Posted: Tue Feb 13th, 2018 03:06 am
  PM Quote Reply
66th Post
frankie

Mana: 
YOU DECIDE!

Attachment: 20180210_141832.jpg (Downloaded 254 times)

Posted: Tue Feb 13th, 2018 03:28 am
  PM Quote Reply
67th Post
frankie

Mana: 
salvador & mike, i do not particularly care for this pissing match!
the problem in san carlos is money for infrastructure!!
we know there is a deficit of over 84,000,000. pesos in owed property taxes!!
why can't we the tax paying residents & businesses of san carlos be informed as to how much we do generate annually in property taxes!!
that question has been asked multiple times and it deserves an answer!!!

Last edited on Tue Feb 13th, 2018 07:47 am by frankie

Posted: Tue Feb 13th, 2018 03:29 am
  PM Quote Reply
68th Post
nice guy

Mana: 
Frankie - I have decided - you are now Officially Ignored.

Posted: Tue Feb 13th, 2018 03:42 am
  PM Quote Reply
69th Post
IronMan

Mana: 
What is the true definition of lunacy/insanity/stupidity? Doing the same thing..ad nauseum

Posted: Tue Feb 13th, 2018 01:19 pm
  PM Quote Reply
70th Post
johnmoore

Mana: 
IronMan, to Who, and/or, to What issue, do we assign your adage?

Posted: Wed Feb 14th, 2018 07:20 pm
  PM Quote Reply
71st Post
kiteboarder

Mana: 
If there really is an account with money allocated to benefiting San Carlos then a little transparency would go a long ways. Otherwise it sounds like just another slush fund for the use of political appointees.

Posted: Wed Feb 14th, 2018 11:45 pm
  PM Quote Reply
72nd Post
VisitorSanCarlos

Mana: 
so here we are seven months into our new commissario where is the tax money what improvements have been made   a federal grant and getting bids takes a while so its hard to see how a seven month commissario might have had much to do with the new refurbished plaza at the roundhouse at the lizards or anything else     the road and frontage road at blackies are also both either state or federal responsibilities  so local money could not have made those repairs    so wheres the money
AlS wrote: The deal that was struck was that monies from back property taxes in San Carlos would go to a special account in Treasury in Guaymas for San Carlos. The Comisario worked with some of the big property owners with sizable back taxes owed and got 8 million Pesos rather quickly. They did not pay the Comisario, they paid the normal way. One of the neighborhoods was able to organized quickly and another 1 million Pesos was paid in back taxes. I am sure more has happened since those early successes, but I stopped paying attention to this issue as it seemed to be working.

Is that money in a special account in Treasury of Guaymas actually happening? That is the crux of the skepticism, isn't it?

Posted: Thu Feb 15th, 2018 02:04 am
  PM Quote Reply
73rd Post
VisitorSanCarlos

Mana: 
9,000,000.00 MXN = 485,190.00 USD
Wheres the money

Posted: Thu Feb 15th, 2018 03:06 am
  PM Quote Reply
74th Post
Hook

Mana: 
VisitorSanCarlos wrote: 9,000,000.00 MXN = 485,190.00 USD
Wheres the money

Still in the pockets of rich Mexicans, I would guess.

They are probably laughing at us sappy gringos for paying our taxes.

Posted: Thu Feb 15th, 2018 03:13 am
  PM Quote Reply
75th Post
Johnny D

Mana: 
Please stop being naive and pollyanna like.Anyone that knows even a little about the Mexican culture nows that the money from San Carlos is pocket change and spending money for the politicians.From the smallest town with dirt roads and little service to the highest levels of government,  MEXICANS STEAL!!!Look at how many governors  and mayors from every state in Mexico are being arrested for stealing and corruption. Look at how many have fled to the Good Old USA to hide and be safe.Most of the Old Gringos still think that they can make Mexico Better if the would Just listen to what we have to offer.Mexico and San Carlos will continue WITHOUT THE OLD GRINGOS!If you leave, life will go on and you will not be missed.Stop trying to make San Carlos like where you came from. It will NEVER happen and should not happen. Mexico if for Mexicans. You are here because you can leave ANYTIME.Mexicans do not have that option.

Last edited on Thu Feb 15th, 2018 03:15 am by Johnny D

Posted: Thu Feb 15th, 2018 03:56 am
  PM Quote Reply
76th Post
wild turkey101

Mana: 
Some one told the truth and his name is Johnny D! I heartily approve his message.

Posted: Sun Feb 18th, 2018 09:12 pm
  PM Quote Reply
77th Post
gw

Mana: 
My, how things never change........

Posted: Sun Feb 18th, 2018 11:57 pm
  PM Quote Reply
78th Post
johnmoore

Mana: 
Ya they do, that's the trouble!!

Current time is 01:20 pm Page:  First Page Previous Page  1  2  3  4     
San Carlos, Sonora, Mexico Forums > Topical Forums > San Carlos Forum > ProTemp Comisario Top

UltraBB 1.172 Copyright © 2007-2014 Data 1 Systems