San Carlos, Sonora, Mexico Forums Home 

San Carlos Mexico Forum
Welcome to our forum. In order to post in our forums you must be registered. Please take a minute to register to enjoy the full benefits of the forum. Registration is FREE and your information is kept private. When registering, please make sure your email address is entered correctly-if incorrect, you will not receive your validation message. Please do not use your email address as your user name for your own privacy and security. Gmail account users should check spam or trash folders for our validation message after initial registration. We also suggest you add host@sancarlosmexico.com to your white list.

This message board requires you to register in order to post new topics, reply to topics started by other users, start polls, or vote on polls. As a registered user, you can edit your own posts, upload photos and view our photo gallery, and send private messages to other members of the board. Registered users can keep track of the topics they are interested in, and receive e-mail notifications when someone posts to one of those topics. Registered users can choose a theme and setup a profile, to include hometown, email & web address and avatar if desired.
We do ask that you post in the appropriate forum-look over the subjects and topics of all forums including the mercado section before making your first post. Posts in the wrong forum or not related to San Carlos may be moved or deleted without notice.
Please take a moment and register to enjoy all the benefits of the forum.
Bienvenidos!

Moderated by: bartmanaz Page:    1  2  3  4  Next Page Last Page  
New Topic Reply Printer Friendly
Is this more than the limit?  Rate Topic 
AuthorPost
 Posted: Fri Jun 9th, 2017 02:12 am
  PM Quote Reply
1st Post
Vince Radice

Mana: 
So I have been sent some pictures of this event from a facebook post by several sources. Facebook post was of course taken down almost immediately. Would anyone care to comment on this? I believe this if from June 6th but will have to go back and double check that date.

Attachment: Screen shot 2017-06-08 at 6.36.57 PM.png (Downloaded 594 times)

Last edited on Fri Jun 9th, 2017 02:13 am by Vince Radice

Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

Posted: Fri Jun 9th, 2017 02:58 am
  PM Quote Reply
2nd Post
bushbrada

Mana: 
Someone needs a "lesson in life", boat impounded and so on.
Things like this are upsetting in many ways.

Posted: Fri Jun 9th, 2017 03:56 am
  PM Quote Reply
3rd Post
chase

Mana: 
I have heard of a few boats doing this. Here is the problem you can't just tell a local to stop fishing like that because it is simply there waters. Also YES it is exceeding the limit as 5 dorado per person per day is allowed. This kind of stuff pisses me off absolutely sickening 

Posted: Fri Jun 9th, 2017 04:03 am
  PM Quote Reply
4th Post
chase

Mana: 
2 dorado per day per person

Posted: Fri Jun 9th, 2017 09:22 am
  PM Quote Reply
5th Post
Vince Radice

Mana: 
It was an American who I believe either chartered out his boat or lent it to some Mexicans and then they posted this on face book. The American now does not wish to admit what happened on his boat.

Posted: Fri Jun 9th, 2017 01:29 pm
  PM Quote Reply
6th Post
ezmony

Mana: 
THIS is the problem!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Makes me sick and also pissed.

What is the name of the boat? Anyone want to stand up and be responsible? I didn't think so.

Posted: Fri Jun 9th, 2017 03:55 pm
  PM Quote Reply
7th Post
Vince Radice

Mana: 
Ok I would like to offer the owner of this boat a chance to come clean and simply apologize for what happened on this boat.

That was my intent when i initiated a conversation with him on Facebook. After showing him the pictures that I was sent he told me he could not recognize the boat from the pictures.

If the owner of this boat would simply come clean I would consider dropping the whole thing but since he seems to not want to come clean I feel I have no choice but to make a formal denuncia with Profepa and Conapesca.

I don't get it. Why not simply admit a mistake and move on.

also a quick note, if anyone wants to send me a message, please don't private message me on the forum, it is easier for me to communicate via email. Thanks

Last edited on Fri Jun 9th, 2017 04:03 pm by Vince Radice

Posted: Fri Jun 9th, 2017 04:50 pm
  PM Quote Reply
8th Post
chase

Mana: 
This kind of stuff should be reported and the owner of the boat should be facing a fine. This simply should not happen what so ever. Know wonder why dorado is hard to come by because people like this rape the entire school. And have no sence of graditude to haveing a fish to eat. Know need for 100

Posted: Fri Jun 9th, 2017 06:45 pm
  PM Quote Reply
9th Post
cats rule

Mana: 
Not only are most of the fish too small I don't see many males

Posted: Fri Jun 9th, 2017 06:53 pm
  PM Quote Reply
10th Post
Bullshipper

Mana: 
I cleaned 2 females last week and they were both carrying eggs and almost ready to spawn.

Posted: Fri Jun 9th, 2017 11:21 pm
  PM Quote Reply
11th Post
chase

Mana: 
I'm sure he biggest fish in there is 10 lbs mabey everything else under 5

Posted: Sat Jun 10th, 2017 01:50 am
  PM Quote Reply
12th Post
Vince Radice

Mana: 
The Boat's name is Sin Cuidado, how appropriate is that. The owner of the boats name is Jeremy Black.

Possible Captains name is Juan Tirado. Other fisherman on board could be Fernando Vargas and Ernesto Perez.

Perhaps anyone who knows any of these guys could ask them to maybe reconsider what they did. All the little females in that boat is a sad sad site indeed. Some body out there must be a good friend of Mr. Blacks no? If he had any guts and any class he would simply apologize for what happened.

There were two other boats that day fishing a large yellow ghost buoy about 4 miles from San Antonio. The other two boats filled up as well from what I am being told be an eye witness to the event.

So I guess it seems many of the sport fisherman here in San Carlos are really no better than the commercial long line fisherman who helped devastate the fishery just a few short years ago.

:(

Posted: Sat Jun 10th, 2017 04:34 am
  PM Quote Reply
13th Post
chase

Mana: 
100% agree. I'm going down on Tuesday who knows they might all be  scarce again . From what I'm being told there are many this year just small and have not been hungry. Very Very Very upsetting. It's so wrong in so many ways! Who needs that much fish? Know one

Posted: Sat Jun 10th, 2017 02:44 pm
  PM Quote Reply
14th Post
Vince Radice

Mana: 
You bet they will be scarce again, simply imagine how many sport fishing boats have done this over the last two weeks? What is the percentage of small females being taken compared to males.

Back in the day I believed it would be impossible for the sport fishing sector to have much of an impact on the dorado fishery in general. But that was when there were huge volumes of fish. Now it is clear to me that the sport fisherman here are just as big of a problem as the long liner fisherman used to be.

Posted: Sat Jun 10th, 2017 05:03 pm
  PM Quote Reply
15th Post
Hook

Mana: 
Vince Radice wrote: You bet they will be scarce again, simply imagine how many sport fishing boats have done this over the last two weeks? What is the percentage of small females being taken compared to males.

Back in the day I believed it would be impossible for the sport fishing sector to have much of an impact on the dorado fishery in general. But that was when there were huge volumes of fish. Now it is clear to me that the sport fisherman here are just as big of a problem as the long liner fisherman used to be.

Come on, Vince. Hyperbole like "..... sport fisherman here are just as big of a problem as the long liner fisherman used to be."  isn't doing your credibility any good. 

Stick to fingering the real culprits;  the commercials and their lackeys, Pesca. That's what got us to this point.

Or is your marine sanctuary going to ban sportfishing, too?

Last edited on Sat Jun 10th, 2017 05:04 pm by Hook

Posted: Sat Jun 10th, 2017 05:50 pm
  PM Quote Reply
16th Post
chase

Mana: 
Hook he is not saying that. And I respectfully agree with him. When you take hundreds out at one fish out at one "sitting" now emagine 20 boats doing the same thing for a week. It's a big problem 

Posted: Sat Jun 10th, 2017 07:03 pm
  PM Quote Reply
17th Post
Jimmy

Mana: 
I think that ALL Fishing should be Banned for the Entire Sea of Cortez for 5 Years.

Posted: Sat Jun 10th, 2017 07:48 pm
  PM Quote Reply
18th Post
bushbrada

Mana: 
People DO need to eat.  How about a lottery with tags. Let's also not forget that this is an INDUSTRY ........and that means $$$$$$$$$$  THE EVER RULING BOTTOM LINE. Even if you don't wet a line.

Posted: Sat Jun 10th, 2017 08:29 pm
  PM Quote Reply
19th Post
Jimmy

Mana: 
I see the writing on the wall. In 30 years the fishing ban will be enacted by Mother Earth Herself.......There just will not be any more fish to harvest!

It has been my observation that to lots of the locals et al, Looking into the future is "Whats for Lunch"  Distant Future "Whats for Supper"  NO LIE....you might see it too if you Open Your Eyes!!!!

There are Too many Mouths fighting for diminishing resources.... And they are making more mouths every day.

I have seen the Future. Can you Imagine an orange devoured by a fungus.   

Last edited on Sat Jun 10th, 2017 08:30 pm by Jimmy

Posted: Sat Jun 10th, 2017 08:33 pm
  PM Quote Reply
20th Post
Vince Radice

Mana: 
Hyberbole my ass, there is no longer a commercial fishery for dorado in the sea of cortes, especially Guaymas because their is not a sufficient quantity of them to make it commercially viable. When was the last time you saw a Shrimp boat towing 12 pangas to the baja? When was the last you released a turtle from a long line? I don't worry about my credibility with you or anyone else. Do some research.

AT this point the real culprits here are essentially anyone who refuses to respect the law but more importantly the resource. It would appear there are plenty of sport fisherman, who are supposed to be the good guys, out there that don't respect either.

Last edited on Sat Jun 10th, 2017 08:33 pm by Vince Radice

Current time is 10:03 am Page:    1  2  3  4  Next Page Last Page    
San Carlos, Sonora, Mexico Forums > Topical Forums > San Carlos Fishing Forum > Is this more than the limit? Top

UltraBB 1.172 Copyright © 2007-2014 Data 1 Systems