San Carlos, Sonora, Mexico Forums Home 

San Carlos Mexico Forum
Welcome to our forum. In order to post in our forums you must be registered. Please take a minute to register to enjoy the full benefits of the forum. Registration is FREE and your information is kept private. When registering, please make sure your email address is entered correctly-if incorrect, you will not receive your validation message. Please do not use your email address as your user name for your own privacy and security. Gmail account users should check spam or trash folders for our validation message after initial registration. We also suggest you add host@sancarlosmexico.com to your white list.

This message board requires you to register in order to post new topics, reply to topics started by other users, start polls, or vote on polls. As a registered user, you can edit your own posts, upload photos and view our photo gallery, and send private messages to other members of the board. Registered users can keep track of the topics they are interested in, and receive e-mail notifications when someone posts to one of those topics. Registered users can choose a theme and setup a profile, to include hometown, email & web address and avatar if desired.
We do ask that you post in the appropriate forum-look over the subjects and topics of all forums including the mercado section before making your first post. Posts in the wrong forum or not related to San Carlos may be moved or deleted without notice.
Please take a moment and register to enjoy all the benefits of the forum.
Bienvenidos!

Moderated by: bartmanaz
New Topic Reply Printer Friendly
Iphone repair - dropped in water  Rate Topic 
AuthorPost
 Posted: Wed May 24th, 2017 08:04 pm
  PM Quote Reply
1st Post
Vaquero

Mana: 
It was in pool for several minutes before noticing.  I turned it off, removed sim card and left it off for 24 hours.  When turned on today it "bounces" to different apps responding erratically.  Who in SC or Guaymas can look at it? 
I need to take it apart to let the inside dry better but don't have the tool that is small enough.

Last edited on Thu May 25th, 2017 12:54 am by Vaquero

Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

Posted: Thu May 25th, 2017 02:38 pm
  PM Quote Reply
2nd Post
maryt

Mana: 
Jewelers have tiny tools for working on watches.

Posted: Thu May 25th, 2017 03:25 pm
  PM Quote Reply
3rd Post
Ian948

Mana: 
Put in container of rice and hope ......
Taking apart unless you know what and how - pretty much guaranteed to brick it.
Good luck !

Posted: Thu May 25th, 2017 08:40 pm
  PM Quote Reply
4th Post
Inde

Mana: 
Take battery out. Put in rice covered and pray for 3 days

Posted: Thu May 25th, 2017 08:57 pm
  PM Quote Reply
5th Post
barato

Mana: 
if that doesn't salvage it or for those of you who are around water a lot and drop your phones in frequently, look at the Kyocera "Hydro" series phones. they claim waterproof to 1 meter, and I once dropped mine into the bilge and didn't notice til it had sat under a few inches of salt water for over 1/2 hour. it never missed a lick.......

Posted: Fri May 26th, 2017 02:17 pm
  PM Quote Reply
6th Post
Vaquero

Mana: 
I took the phone to Xpro.   He opened it up and dried where I could not reach.  Had it back in 2 hours for 250 pesos.  Everything works great.  I think I will put on a waterproof case. 

Current time is 01:42 pm  
San Carlos, Sonora, Mexico Forums > Mercado (The Marketplace) > Servicio (Services) > Iphone repair - dropped in water Top

UltraBB 1.172 Copyright © 2007-2014 Data 1 Systems