San Carlos, Sonora, Mexico Forums Home 

San Carlos Mexico Forum
Welcome to our forum. In order to post in our forums you must be registered. Please take a minute to register to enjoy the full benefits of the forum. Registration is FREE and your information is kept private. When registering, please make sure your email address is entered correctly-if incorrect, you will not receive your validation message. Please do not use your email address as your user name for your own privacy and security. Gmail account users should check spam or trash folders for our validation message after initial registration. We also suggest you add host@sancarlosmexico.com to your white list.

This message board requires you to register in order to post new topics, reply to topics started by other users, start polls, or vote on polls. As a registered user, you can edit your own posts, upload photos and view our photo gallery, and send private messages to other members of the board. Registered users can keep track of the topics they are interested in, and receive e-mail notifications when someone posts to one of those topics. Registered users can choose a theme and setup a profile, to include hometown, email & web address and avatar if desired.
We do ask that you post in the appropriate forum-look over the subjects and topics of all forums including the mercado section before making your first post. Posts in the wrong forum or not related to San Carlos may be moved or deleted without notice.
Please take a moment and register to enjoy all the benefits of the forum.
Bienvenidos!

Moderated by: bartmanaz
New Topic Reply Printer Friendly
last trip of the year = 55 yellow tail  Rate Topic 
AuthorPost
 Posted: Mon Apr 24th, 2017 07:52 pm
  PM Quote Reply
1st Post
sundevil

Mana: 
just got back from my last trip of the year fishing for yellow tail.  these were caught about 200 miles north of San Carlos.  4 of us caught 55 in 2.5 days of fishing.  15/21/19.  We let some go, gave some away and still managed to come home with 200 lbs of fillets.  We caught them trolling, jigging and casting to surface boils.  Lost several to the taxman.  We use a wheel barrel to get our fish from the boat to the fille table.  I can't wait to get down to San Carlos in May and June and get out for sails, marlin and dorado.

Attachment: CB YT.jpg (Downloaded 197 times)

Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

Posted: Wed Apr 26th, 2017 10:27 pm
  PM Quote Reply
2nd Post
Bullshipper

Mana: 
Is there a ramp in Pto Lobos?

Posted: Wed Apr 26th, 2017 10:37 pm
  PM Quote Reply
3rd Post
sundevil

Mana: 
no.  "high boy" launches you on the beach but the south facing cove is very protected.
there also is no gas stations or restaurants.  one very small motel.  Pt Libertad is 30 miles south and has a gas station, a few motels and restaurants.

Attachment: launcher.jpg (Downloaded 105 times)

Posted: Wed Apr 26th, 2017 10:38 pm
  PM Quote Reply
4th Post
sundevil

Mana: 
biggest fish of the weekend was 21 lbs

Last edited on Wed Apr 26th, 2017 10:39 pm by sundevil

Posted: Wed Apr 26th, 2017 11:05 pm
  PM Quote Reply
5th Post
Bullshipper

Mana: 
sundevil wrote: no.  "high boy" launches you on the beach but the south facing cove is very protected.
there also is no gas stations or restaurants.  one very small motel.  Pt Libertad is 30 miles south and has a gas station, a few motels and restaurants.
Thanks for the pic- 1000 words.
Is there a high boy in Pto Lobos, Penasco or both?

I believe the CFE(elecrric company) has a ramp in Pto Libertad for their employees+ their own hotel but I imagine you need a contact-buddy to use that. At least that was the situation in 1998.

Last edited on Wed Apr 26th, 2017 11:08 pm by Bullshipper

Posted: Wed Apr 26th, 2017 11:12 pm
  PM Quote Reply
6th Post
sundevil

Mana: 
this High Boy is in Pt Lobos. They have several other High Boys in Cholla Bay Puerto Penasco. My boat is 24' feet. There are a couple of boats in Lobos that are bigger than mine that are launched and retrieved with the High Boy. One is 26' - 27' and the other is > 30'. Two weeks ago there was a $200K Parker that was bigger than mine that got launched and retrieved with no problems. Look up Arturo's fishing and diving tours on FaceBook. He has his phone number on his FB page.

Posted: Wed Apr 26th, 2017 11:56 pm
  PM Quote Reply
7th Post
Bullshipper

Mana: 
thanks a lot

Current time is 03:10 am  
San Carlos, Sonora, Mexico Forums > Topical Forums > San Carlos Fishing Forum > last trip of the year = 55 yellow tail Top

UltraBB 1.172 Copyright © 2007-2014 Data 1 Systems