San Carlos, Sonora, Mexico Forums Home 

San Carlos Mexico Forum
Welcome to our forum. In order to post in our forums you must be registered. Please take a minute to register to enjoy the full benefits of the forum. Registration is FREE and your information is kept private. When registering, please make sure your email address is entered correctly-if incorrect, you will not receive your validation message. Please do not use your email address as your user name for your own privacy and security. Gmail account users should check spam or trash folders for our validation message after initial registration. We also suggest you add host@sancarlosmexico.com to your white list.

This message board requires you to register in order to post new topics, reply to topics started by other users, start polls, or vote on polls. As a registered user, you can edit your own posts, upload photos and view our photo gallery, and send private messages to other members of the board. Registered users can keep track of the topics they are interested in, and receive e-mail notifications when someone posts to one of those topics. Registered users can choose a theme and setup a profile, to include hometown, email & web address and avatar if desired.
We do ask that you post in the appropriate forum-look over the subjects and topics of all forums including the mercado section before making your first post. Posts in the wrong forum or not related to San Carlos may be moved or deleted without notice.
Please take a moment and register to enjoy all the benefits of the forum.
Bienvenidos!

Moderated by: bartmanaz Page:  First Page Previous Page  1  2   
New Topic Reply Printer Friendly
RV Camping  Rate Topic 
AuthorPost
 Posted: Mon May 1st, 2017 05:11 pm
  PM Quote Reply
21st Post
Wy Ynot

Mana: 
"IF" you mean the Mirador, they are working at a brisk pace to reopen. The actual sites have been cleaned up of weeds and brush. They were working on the building which housed the office and restaurant. It has been idle for I think 7 or 8 years. Also unsure of water, electricity and sewer. Great views but you need a "toad" to run to "town" because as you say, it's a little isolated. Should be easy to get into Totonaka this time of year and you can walk to most places except "El Mirador", LOL. There are also a few private spaces around but again, you may need a towed vehicle. Ron

Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

Posted: Tue May 2nd, 2017 02:54 am
  PM Quote Reply
22nd Post
motomech

Mana: 
Yes, I meant Mirador. It's not easy to get info on the place, so thanks for the update.
I'm thinking of setting up a "winter place" in or near Guaymas. I worked in L. Amer. for 15 years and my spanish is pretty good, so I'm thinking Guaymas might be a better fit for me than S.C. Do the first season in a cheap trailer to get the lay out of the place.
That's the idea anyhow.

Posted: Tue May 2nd, 2017 04:08 am
  PM Quote Reply
23rd Post
Wy Ynot

Mana: 
In my opinion, that's the smartest thing to do. Look around, get a feel and then dive in. Many folks came here in RVs. Guaymas may be a little tougher to find a spot, I'm unsure if the neat old Mar de Cortez/Sea of Cortez Hotel still rents rv spots or not. If you came down and stayed at Totonaka for a week or two,then you could scout around and see what private spaces are for rent. Many folks started out the same, then maybe bought a lot and parked their RV permanently or lived in it while they built. Your thoughts of staying and learning first hand are the best. Ron

Posted: Tue May 2nd, 2017 06:44 pm
  PM Quote Reply
24th Post
motomech

Mana: 
Wy Ynot wrote: "IF" you mean the Mirador, they are working at a brisk pace to reopen. The actual sites have been cleaned up of weeds and brush. They were working on the building which housed the office and restaurant. It has been idle for I think 7 or 8 years. Also unsure of water, electricity and sewer. Great views but you need a "toad" to run to "town" because as you say, it's a little isolated. Should be easy to get into Totonaka this time of year and you can walk to most places except "El Mirador", LOL. There are also a few private spaces around but again, you may need a towed vehicle. RonYeah, if one reads thru the Trip Adviser's reviews of the Hotel, one gets the feeling that for a number of years, the owners have let the place go and have been "milking it". People talk about "what a shame it is", given the history, location and architecture.Maybe one or more of the younger kids have taken over and are infusing some energy(money) back into the place.

Posted: Tue May 9th, 2017 05:51 am
  PM Quote Reply
25th Post
stanbnv

Mana: 
I would be interested in the Mirador and if they plan to open it again. We stayed there in 2006 on our way north from La PeƱita, but we since usually stayed at the El Cortez hotel RV park in Guaymas because it was convenient. We are not going back south anymore but might be interested in going as far as San Carlos/Guaymas for a month or two occasionally. We drove out to the Soggy Peso and drove down by the Mirador in early December but it didn't look like anything was happening there then.

Posted: Tue May 9th, 2017 07:23 pm
  PM Quote Reply
26th Post
maryt

Mana: 
Motomech, Unless I am mistaken, Wy Wnot was talking about the old El Mirador RV park on the west side of San Carlos. I think you are referring to the Sea of Cortez Hotel in Miramar, Guaymas which has an RV park also.

Posted: Wed May 10th, 2017 03:24 am
  PM Quote Reply
27th Post
RichD

Mana: 
There is a sign at El Mirador that indicates they are selling building lots there.

Posted: Fri May 12th, 2017 05:37 pm
  PM Quote Reply
28th Post
palmadita

Mana: 
My latest grapevine information is that the old restaurant, El Oasis, will be taken over by Bonifacios. The old RV sites are being prepped for residencial lots, and, apparently, many have been sold already. The old tennis courts will be taken over, for now, by the San Carlos Pickleball Assoc.

Posted: Sat May 13th, 2017 07:01 am
  PM Quote Reply
29th Post
Danodamano

Mana: 
Whom would one contact for lot sales?

Posted: Sat May 13th, 2017 04:00 pm
  PM Quote Reply
30th Post
vernberbeles

Mana: 
where was  El Oasis  at ? 

Posted: Sat May 13th, 2017 04:11 pm
  PM Quote Reply
31st Post
Wy Ynot

Mana: 
The Oasis was inside El Mirador RV park headed up to the look out El Mirador over looking Bajia Esmeralda/Emerald Bay, #1 ocean overlook in the World according to Nat. Geo. Become a witness!! Ynot

Posted: Sat May 13th, 2017 06:37 pm
  PM Quote Reply
32nd Post
palmadita

Mana: 
Danodamano, I would think Century 21

Posted: Sun May 14th, 2017 12:05 am
  PM Quote Reply
33rd Post
Danodamano

Mana: 
Thanks Palmadita.

Posted: Fri Mar 2nd, 2018 10:02 pm
  PM Quote Reply
34th Post
Telerover

Mana: 
San francisco beach by Bahia Delfin is private property and the owner does not want RVs there. The policia have been given direction to give citations to boondockers. They have been lax in the past.

Posted: Fri Mar 2nd, 2018 11:05 pm
  PM Quote Reply
35th Post
Telerover

Mana: 
Only the first 20 meters where the tide comes in is federal property. Past the dunes, or natural seawall, it is illegal to boondock an RV there as it is private property. RVs need to be in town at an RV park. 

Posted: Sat Mar 3rd, 2018 12:13 am
  PM Quote Reply
36th Post
Wy Ynot

Mana: 
What will happen when the RVs and tent camps roll in for a couple of weeks during Semana Santa? Ron

Posted: Sat Mar 3rd, 2018 01:30 am
  PM Quote Reply
37th Post
Telerover

Mana: 
Excellent, question. The landowner can choose who he wants to be there and who he does not want to be there. 100000 semana Santa visitors is an economic windfall to the town, whereas a dozen boondockers barley add a peso to thhe businesses, because by their nature, they are living as cheap as possible on everyone else's infrastructure

Current time is 02:52 am Page:  First Page Previous Page  1  2     
San Carlos, Sonora, Mexico Forums > Topical Forums > San Carlos Forum > RV Camping Top

UltraBB 1.172 Copyright © 2007-2014 Data 1 Systems