San Carlos, Sonora, Mexico Forums Home 

San Carlos Mexico Forum
Welcome to our forum. In order to post in our forums you must be registered. Please take a minute to register to enjoy the full benefits of the forum. Registration is FREE and your information is kept private. When registering, please make sure your email address is entered correctly-if incorrect, you will not receive your validation message. Please do not use your email address as your user name for your own privacy and security. Gmail account users should check spam or trash folders for our validation message after initial registration. We also suggest you add host@sancarlosmexico.com to your white list.

This message board requires you to register in order to post new topics, reply to topics started by other users, start polls, or vote on polls. As a registered user, you can edit your own posts, upload photos and view our photo gallery, and send private messages to other members of the board. Registered users can keep track of the topics they are interested in, and receive e-mail notifications when someone posts to one of those topics. Registered users can choose a theme and setup a profile, to include hometown, email & web address and avatar if desired.
We do ask that you post in the appropriate forum-look over the subjects and topics of all forums including the mercado section before making your first post. Posts in the wrong forum or not related to San Carlos may be moved or deleted without notice.
Please take a moment and register to enjoy all the benefits of the forum.
Bienvenidos!

Moderated by: bartmanaz Page:  First Page Previous Page  1  2  3   
New Topic Reply Printer Friendly
Bruglaries/Home Invasions  Rate Topic 
AuthorPost
 Posted: Wed Feb 22nd, 2017 02:40 pm
  PM Quote Reply
41st Post
bachrachj

Mana: 
Seniles or seniors? Or both! Good points Mr. Ynot.

Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

Posted: Wed Feb 22nd, 2017 03:51 pm
  PM Quote Reply
42nd Post
Bullshipper

Mana: 
The lady that was robbing in CC , Royal and Solimar is back on the street as of Monday morning after being let go.

They fined her for the drug possession, but no one came down to sign the reports needed to press robbery charges.

Posted: Sun Feb 26th, 2017 12:37 am
  PM Quote Reply
43rd Post
japasp

Mana: 
My wife and I have visited SC for years and are planning on buying a house there. I have often  wondered how residents protect themselves in the event of a home invasion. Now that I have read all of the posts, I still don't know what the best approach would be. I would hate to have pepper spray at a confrontation where the perp has a weapon. What little I know about Mexican justice, I feel than a gun would only add to my problem. I understand the prevention issue, but do residents arm themselves with anything in the event of a potential altercation? 

Posted: Sun Feb 26th, 2017 01:34 am
  PM Quote Reply
44th Post
Wy Ynot

Mana: 
You might not get many answers to that as far as firearms down here are concerned. Frank is a hunter and has jumped through the correct hoops. Most all that might possess would never post. Taser, wasp spray, pepper spray?? I'm thinking that most who might face a knife or machete would do what they needed to do with whatever means they might possess legally or illegally and then take their chances with the legal system. But they still have their life. Lets face it, myself included, I ain't as able as I once was, and not as able once as I ever was either, LOL. A good fence with a good alert system, dogs is about the best first line. If you look at locals with "stuff" to resell or yard sale in Empalme and they are not there at night, Rogelio's Welding, Luis Shop with a jillion dollars worth of boats and electronics, you see no guards but a couple dogs and a good fence. Most folks are needy, poor and hungry and use any opportunity. A few of course are "pros". You are probably more safe here than many locations North of Border. Do not let it be a big influence on enjoying San Carlos, just use some common sense. There are many great neighbors that make for great neighborhood watches. Plan a bit and live a lot. Just my opinion. Ynot Ron

Posted: Sun Feb 26th, 2017 01:50 am
  PM Quote Reply
45th Post
Wy Ynot

Mana: 
Let me add that my wife and I are from Wyoming and have hunted Teton Wilderness areas many years in Grizzly habitat. We carried bear spray from inception and replaced every couple of years. Never had to use it but avoided confrontations several times. Some use it very successfully. One guide early before daylight near our camp lost his left hand as he dismounted his horse but managed to free his spray and turn the sow before she got him down. We would always try the new cans we bought and also tried the cans we were replacing so they do spray about 30 feet in a pretty dense stream before flaring out to a fog type spray. "They" say it turns a grizzly far faster than a well placed shot in the heart. I can't prove that, but it's nasty stuff. Don't know that I would like facing a gun but anything else I think it would conquer. Just my opinion. Ron 

Posted: Sun Feb 26th, 2017 02:28 am
  PM Quote Reply
46th Post
Bullshipper

Mana: 
Wy Ynot wrote: You might not get many answers to that as far as firearms down here are concerned. Frank is a hunter and has jumped through the correct hoops. Most all that might possess would never post. Taser, wasp spray, pepper spray?? I'm thinking that most who might face a knife or machete would do what they needed to do with whatever means they might possess legally or illegally and then take their chances with the legal system. But they still have their life. Lets face it, myself included, I ain't as able as I once was, and not as able once as I ever was either, LOL. A good fence with a good alert system, dogs is about the best first line. If you look at locals with "stuff" to resell or yard sale in Empalme and they are not there at night, Rogelio's Welding, Luis Shop with a jillion dollars worth of boats and electronics, you see no guards but a couple dogs and a good fence. Most folks are needy, poor and hungry and use any opportunity. A few of course are "pros". You are probably more safe here than many locations North of Border. Do not let it be a big influence on enjoying San Carlos, just use some common sense. There are many great neighbors that make for great neighborhood watches. Plan a bit and live a lot. Just my opinion. Ynot Ron
The thieves want money, jewelry, cell phones,  or tv's that are easier to carry and pawn. Hard to steal a heavy outboard engine from Luis's yard or take the time to dismantle a cheap VHF radio to take off of a boat on a boat, imo.

Last edited on Sun Feb 26th, 2017 02:34 am by Bullshipper

Posted: Sun Feb 26th, 2017 03:19 am
  PM Quote Reply
47th Post
Wy Ynot

Mana: 
Well said Bullshipper. Point was lots of expensive stuff at Luis shop but with his fence and lights and dogs it's a good deterrent. Ron

Posted: Sun Feb 26th, 2017 05:13 pm
  PM Quote Reply
48th Post
Hook

Mana: 
Yeah, plus dogs arent capable of letting someone into their house, while requesting water. Que tonto!

Posted: Sat Mar 4th, 2017 06:15 pm
  PM Quote Reply
49th Post
Hook

Mana: 
Looks like the road guy, David, got angry with a driver and threw a rock at a car.

He was arrested. Funny, I thought the police had to catch someone in the act to arrest them. That's how the lady robber has managed to avoid many arrests fewer than crimes she has committed.

Or did the driver actually file the infamous police report?

Current time is 04:30 pm Page:  First Page Previous Page  1  2  3     
San Carlos, Sonora, Mexico Forums > Topical Forums > San Carlos Forum > Bruglaries/Home Invasions Top

UltraBB 1.172 Copyright © 2007-2014 Data 1 Systems