San Carlos, Sonora, Mexico Forums Home 

San Carlos Mexico Forum
Welcome to our forum. In order to post in our forums you must be registered. Please take a minute to register to enjoy the full benefits of the forum. Registration is FREE and your information is kept private. When registering, please make sure your email address is entered correctly-if incorrect, you will not receive your validation message. Please do not use your email address as your user name for your own privacy and security. Gmail account users should check spam or trash folders for our validation message after initial registration. We also suggest you add host@sancarlosmexico.com to your white list.

This message board requires you to register in order to post new topics, reply to topics started by other users, start polls, or vote on polls. As a registered user, you can edit your own posts, upload photos and view our photo gallery, and send private messages to other members of the board. Registered users can keep track of the topics they are interested in, and receive e-mail notifications when someone posts to one of those topics. Registered users can choose a theme and setup a profile, to include hometown, email & web address and avatar if desired.
We do ask that you post in the appropriate forum-look over the subjects and topics of all forums including the mercado section before making your first post. Posts in the wrong forum or not related to San Carlos may be moved or deleted without notice.
Please take a moment and register to enjoy all the benefits of the forum.
Bienvenidos!

Moderated by: bartmanaz
New Topic Reply Printer Friendly
New to San Carlos  Rate Topic 
AuthorPost
 Posted: Mon Jan 30th, 2017 02:51 pm
  PM Quote Reply
1st Post
50 out

Mana: 
Hi San Carlos Anglers.  My Name is Jamie from Salem Oregon.  I am an avid angler forever and have been fishing Albacore tuna, Halibut, Salmon for 30 years here off the Oregon coast. For Albacore I started off trolling clones and cedars and throwing swim baits when the tuna would cooperate. August of 2015 I landed a 80lb Opah 30 miles out of Depoe Bay Oregon it was a incredibly lucky catch!!  Now we jig Shimano butterflys and live bait fish almost exclusively. I stumbled across San Carlos fishing forums several years ago and have enjoyed reading all the great posts! My better half Kim and I are planning to visit San Carlos. We will be down for the Music Festival and are staying a couple of extra days. I am looking forward to visiting your beautiful community  :D:cool:Tight lines Jamie

Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

Posted: Mon Jan 30th, 2017 08:10 pm
  PM Quote Reply
2nd Post
PQ Almada

Mana: 
Hola Jamie,

When you are in town send me a PM or stop by Catch22 and lets talk and go fishing.

Fernando

Posted: Tue Jan 31st, 2017 06:00 am
  PM Quote Reply
3rd Post
50 out

Mana: 
Hola Fernando, Thank you for your warm welcome.:) I will be sure to look you up and cant wait to fish. I've seen your posts on here for many years and always appreciated your love of the ocean and what it has to offer..  Looking forward to meeting you..:cool:

Posted: Fri Feb 3rd, 2017 04:22 am
  PM Quote Reply
4th Post
Seasick

Mana: 
Hola Jamie, I moved to Sahuarita/Green Valley, a town between Tucson and Nogales about 5 years ago. I moved from W Salem. Brought my boat and took it to San Carlos. I have since sold it to a friend down there but I still fish there a lot.
I was fishing with Fernando about two weeks ago. We fished for a while and then got caught in a storm that made me feel like I was home fishing out of Depoe, Little Italy or Newport. I mostly fished out of Newport. It was raining hard and blowing that afternoon but it doesn't hardly ever do that in San Carlos. Rainy days are rare. I was on Ifish, still am, as Seasick.
I would highly recommend you contact Fernando as he will take the time to show you the ropes. He always seems to get the most and biggest too. My avatar is on one of his boats with "Ironman", the skinny guy, I am the fat one. 
I find it nice to not worry about going in the ocean and freezing to death but instead you have to worry about not getting sunburned. 
A lot of your gear will work down here. Have fun and you will really love the beaches, water and sun and food. Guymas is about 10 miles away from San Carlos and also has some nice motels and restaurants. I used to see opah out of Depoe once in awhile and some sun fish. Lots of whales here too. Lots of dolphin and fish stealing fur bag sea lions. I am sure you can feed the seals some yellow tail at the "island" like the rest of us.

Posted: Sat Feb 4th, 2017 01:56 pm
  PM Quote Reply
5th Post
50 out

Mana: 
Very Nice, and pleased to meet you Seasick. Any help always appreciate. After 30 years I will be retiring from the USPS in November. Thought San Carlos might be a great option for a Tunaholic :) Getting very excited out visiting San Carlos as we are hovering around 40 degrees and just coming out of a freezing rain event...

Posted: Tue Feb 7th, 2017 02:07 am
  PM Quote Reply
6th Post
Seasick

Mana: 
I still have a daughter in Salem and a son in Newberg so I get to keep up on the weather. Still using the air conditioner in the car here.
Tuna not as "hot here" as you might think. But still there sometimes.

Posted: Mon Feb 20th, 2017 01:58 pm
  PM Quote Reply
7th Post
50 out

Mana: 
Hola Fernando, I made it down and got a chance to fish on the "Catch Alotta".  I was with Mike a week ago Saturday(2-11) at White Rock. We saw you there on Bullshippers boat. I was able to jig up a nice Yellow Tail!! Tight lines !!

Posted: Fri Feb 24th, 2017 02:32 am
  PM Quote Reply
8th Post
PQ Almada

Mana: 
Glad to hear you got into them!!!

Current time is 11:56 pm  
San Carlos, Sonora, Mexico Forums > Topical Forums > San Carlos Fishing Forum > New to San Carlos Top

UltraBB 1.172 Copyright © 2007-2014 Data 1 Systems