San Carlos, Sonora, Mexico Forums Home 

San Carlos Mexico Forum
Welcome to our forum. In order to post in our forums you must be registered. Please take a minute to register to enjoy the full benefits of the forum. Registration is FREE and your information is kept private. When registering, please make sure your email address is entered correctly-if incorrect, you will not receive your validation message. Please do not use your email address as your user name for your own privacy and security. Gmail account users should check spam or trash folders for our validation message after initial registration. We also suggest you add host@sancarlosmexico.com to your white list.

This message board requires you to register in order to post new topics, reply to topics started by other users, start polls, or vote on polls. As a registered user, you can edit your own posts, upload photos and view our photo gallery, and send private messages to other members of the board. Registered users can keep track of the topics they are interested in, and receive e-mail notifications when someone posts to one of those topics. Registered users can choose a theme and setup a profile, to include hometown, email & web address and avatar if desired.
We do ask that you post in the appropriate forum-look over the subjects and topics of all forums including the mercado section before making your first post. Posts in the wrong forum or not related to San Carlos may be moved or deleted without notice.
Please take a moment and register to enjoy all the benefits of the forum.
Bienvenidos!

Moderated by: bartmanaz
New Topic Reply Printer Friendly
Fishing report  Rate Topic 
AuthorPost
 Posted: Sat Dec 31st, 2016 12:32 am
  PM Quote Reply
1st Post
atschetter

Mana: 
anybody catching anything out there?

Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

Posted: Sat Dec 31st, 2016 06:30 am
  PM Quote Reply
2nd Post
PQ Almada

Mana: 
yes, fishing was very good yesterday and today

Fernando

Catch22

Posted: Sun Jan 1st, 2017 12:16 am
  PM Quote Reply
3rd Post
Hook

Mana: 
Trolled by San Anton and Ensenada Grande on my way to Pena Blanca, today. Nada at the first two locations but we caught 4 YT between 10-15 lbs in about 45 minutes, south of Pena Blanca. All on the troll, all on a Mirrolure 111MR-HP. That's the one with the hot pink belly and back and the silver scale sides. That's the only one they wanted; not green, not blue, not purple.

Left at 10.45 to tow a boat back in. Great day for fishing, great day for towing, too, as it was flat, calm all day. We put my friend's grandson on his first yellowtail and did a good deed for our fellow man.

F.V. Marisla

Last edited on Sun Jan 1st, 2017 02:05 am by Hook

Posted: Sun Jan 1st, 2017 01:06 pm
  PM Quote Reply
4th Post
marlin master

Mana: 
I would like to send a Huge Shout out to Hook, the Captain of the fishing vessel Marisla for the assistance to myself , my wife, and our visitng friends, and towing in for 14 miles , the fishing vessel Luna Sea. We lost and injection pump almost to White Rock, and were dead in the water. It was a long tow, but on a good flat day. Really makes me proud to be a member of this very generous and kind community ! Salude Captain ! Muchas Gracias !

Posted: Sun Jan 1st, 2017 03:44 pm
  PM Quote Reply
5th Post
Hook

Mana: 
I would do it again, for a boater in need. Anytime, everytime. We gotta stick together out there, in the absence of any Vessel Assist type service.

BTW, MM, here is the outfit that I bought my towing harness from. Not cheap, but absolute top quality. I bought the towing bridle, but I cant remember the sizing. 

http://www.mooringlines.com/tow_lines.htm

I also had them make me up a section of line with an anchor shackle on one end (that I attach to my bow towing eye) and a stainless steel snap on the other end (to attach to a towing boat's tow line). I keep this attached to my bow eye and secure it around my bow rail, so I am ready to be towed at a moment's notice. 

Towing from the bow eye has two main advantages over an attachment to a deck cleat. One is that the towing eye usually has a stronger backing plate than a cleat. The other is that the eye is a low point, near the waterline, so the tow rope is actually lifting the bow of the boat. When the attachment point is on the deck, the towline tends to push DOWN on the bow, as it applies pressure to your anchor roller. The limiting factor on the speed of the tow is the speed where the bow of the towed boat starts to push too much water out front of it. 

I think I might have gotten another 2-3 knots out of the tow, if the attachement point was lower.

Last edited on Sun Jan 1st, 2017 05:13 pm by Hook

Current time is 09:10 am  
San Carlos, Sonora, Mexico Forums > Topical Forums > San Carlos Fishing Forum > Fishing report Top

UltraBB 1.172 Copyright © 2007-2014 Data 1 Systems