San Carlos, Sonora, Mexico Forums Home 

San Carlos Mexico Forum
Welcome to our forum. In order to post in our forums you must be registered. Please take a minute to register to enjoy the full benefits of the forum. Registration is FREE and your information is kept private. When registering, please make sure your email address is entered correctly-if incorrect, you will not receive your validation message. Please do not use your email address as your user name for your own privacy and security. Gmail account users should check spam or trash folders for our validation message after initial registration. We also suggest you add host@sancarlosmexico.com to your white list.

This message board requires you to register in order to post new topics, reply to topics started by other users, start polls, or vote on polls. As a registered user, you can edit your own posts, upload photos and view our photo gallery, and send private messages to other members of the board. Registered users can keep track of the topics they are interested in, and receive e-mail notifications when someone posts to one of those topics. Registered users can choose a theme and setup a profile, to include hometown, email & web address and avatar if desired.
We do ask that you post in the appropriate forum-look over the subjects and topics of all forums including the mercado section before making your first post. Posts in the wrong forum or not related to San Carlos may be moved or deleted without notice.
Please take a moment and register to enjoy all the benefits of the forum.
Bienvenidos!

Moderated by: bartmanaz Page:  First Page Previous Page  1  2   
New Topic Reply Printer Friendly
Yellowtail Gear  Rate Topic 
AuthorPost
 Posted: Mon Jan 2nd, 2017 04:25 pm
  PM Quote Reply
21st Post
Bullshipper

Mana: 
Mono stretches, so we were taught to pull up to get the j hooks to set. But with no stretch braid and heavier braid, no need as you will lose more fish, break rods, and hurt your back.
Plus, all fish strike the jigs very aggressively so its the opposite of mooching with bait.

Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

Posted: Mon Jan 2nd, 2017 04:37 pm
  PM Quote Reply
22nd Post
Bullshipper

Mana: 
SBT wrote: OK, I'm now looking to pair it with a Penn Fathom 25 lever drag. What do you think of that combo and should the reel be single or 2 speed?

All 2 speed reels I have used kick back on their handle a little bit on every upstroke as the anti reverse dogs are a different design and looser than those on single speeds. 
The Penn Fathom single 25LD Narrow single speed is the only one of their series that I would recommend. Its very light, has a lot of drag with large twin drag plates, great line capacity, and is the most economical true jigging reel offered that I know of. They are new to the market so time will tell if the gears last a long time, but they are large diameter, and Penn has always had great guarantee and economical service, so if I was starting out, this is where I would start.
Fernando and I both use Maxel 08's if you want to compare the two which are a better all aluminum reel that came out before the Fathom, and they have held up. Jigging Master's are the next step up money wise.

Posted: Mon Jan 2nd, 2017 05:44 pm
  PM Quote Reply
23rd Post
PQ Almada

Mana: 
the new lethal from Fin Nor looks really good too. I have had the spinning version for over a year and it was help up to the abuse, they just came up with the casting version and it looks good

Posted: Mon Jan 2nd, 2017 06:58 pm
  PM Quote Reply
24th Post
Bullshipper

Mana: 
http://www.finnorfishing.com/LethalLD.html
The 16 model looks large enough and this reel cranks 48" of line per crank so that is lot compared to the Maxel at 30"

Posted: Tue Jan 3rd, 2017 01:49 am
  PM Quote Reply
25th Post
Seasick

Mana: 
Man, those shoes are a knockout Craig. I want a popper that color.

Posted: Fri Jan 6th, 2017 01:25 am
  PM Quote Reply
26th Post
IronMan

Mana: 
The yellowtail love the color coordinated look!

Posted: Fri Jan 6th, 2017 08:08 am
  PM Quote Reply
27th Post
fast eddie

Mana: 
:shock:

Posted: Fri Jan 6th, 2017 12:04 pm
  PM Quote Reply
28th Post
IronMan

Mana: 
Fast Eddie; I am going to change from IronMan to Quick Cwaig! 

Last edited on Fri Jan 6th, 2017 12:09 pm by IronMan

Posted: Fri Jan 6th, 2017 12:08 pm
  PM Quote Reply
29th Post
IronMan

Mana: 
OK, more like this..

Posted: Fri Jan 6th, 2017 07:23 pm
  PM Quote Reply
30th Post
Seasick

Mana: 
Ironman, call me Ishmael.

Current time is 12:29 am Page:  First Page Previous Page  1  2     
San Carlos, Sonora, Mexico Forums > Topical Forums > San Carlos Fishing Forum > Yellowtail Gear Top

UltraBB 1.172 Copyright © 2007-2014 Data 1 Systems