San Carlos, Sonora, Mexico Forums Home 

San Carlos Mexico Forum
Welcome to our forum. In order to post in our forums you must be registered. Please take a minute to register to enjoy the full benefits of the forum. Registration is FREE and your information is kept private. When registering, please make sure your email address is entered correctly-if incorrect, you will not receive your validation message. Please do not use your email address as your user name for your own privacy and security. Gmail account users should check spam or trash folders for our validation message after initial registration. We also suggest you add host@sancarlosmexico.com to your white list.

This message board requires you to register in order to post new topics, reply to topics started by other users, start polls, or vote on polls. As a registered user, you can edit your own posts, upload photos and view our photo gallery, and send private messages to other members of the board. Registered users can keep track of the topics they are interested in, and receive e-mail notifications when someone posts to one of those topics. Registered users can choose a theme and setup a profile, to include hometown, email & web address and avatar if desired.
We do ask that you post in the appropriate forum-look over the subjects and topics of all forums including the mercado section before making your first post. Posts in the wrong forum or not related to San Carlos may be moved or deleted without notice.
Please take a moment and register to enjoy all the benefits of the forum.
Bienvenidos!

Moderated by: bartmanaz  
AuthorPost
RichD

Mana: 
Now just Invest 90E, the disturbance down South should spin up to tropical storm strength by the weekend and become Newton.  This one may track closer to mainland Mexico.  Too early to tell at this point but worth watching. 

Attached Image (viewed 785 times):

Capture.JPG

RichD

Mana: 
This storm has a good chance of impacting the Sea of Cortez.  This is still in the early stages and sometimes computer models are not accurate but you can see that there is a possibility of some severe weather on the Baja.   If you are considering a fishing trip early next week, keep an eye on this.  Still designated Invest 90E.  Expect it to be TS Newton in a few days.  

Attached Image (viewed 719 times):

Capture.JPG

johnmoore

Mana: 
Richard, have heard from many, that we could be in for it (lots of rain) early next week. These were mostly Nationals who were citing reports they had heard. You got anything?

RichD

Mana: 
This time of year you could have weather from sources other than hurricanes so I am not sure what they are hearing. The Mexican weather service seems to be pretty quick to pull the trigger on storm warnings. This storm has the potential of being very strong. Some models show it being around Cabo by Tuesday or Wednesday. Predictions at this early stage can be way off. Once it starts spinning it will become more compact and it's direction will be more predictable. Some computer models have Newton going up the SOC. Let's hope not. Should be better information by Sunday.

johnmoore

Mana: 
Thanks for that, keep us posted please.

RichD

Mana: 
Manzanillo area is going to see lots of rain and flooding. Still unclear how strong this storm will get as it moves slowly North. I would advise making preparations for a major storm even if it does not happen. Some forecasts of steering conditions next week have the storm going West or Cabo but then crossing over the baja and entering the SOC. That would be maybe Thursday. It has not followed predictions so far so stay tuned to your favorite weather site.

RichD

Mana: 
National Hurricane Center now has a predicted path now that it is a tropical depression. Still not a named storm but it will be soon. Follow this carefully, this is the real deal.

Attached Image (viewed 584 times):

Capture.JPG

Last edited on Mon Sep 5th, 2016 12:27 am by RichD

RichD

Mana: 
By the way, note that forward speed is predicted to pick up and impact to SC would be more like Tues night/Wednesday.

RichD

Mana: 
Here comes Newton.  Forecast to hit Cabo on the nose.  If it wiggles a little East it will come right up the gulf.  Still a lot of variables but some bad luck could see it get very close to San Carlos.  Make preparations, this is not a drill.

Attached Image (viewed 581 times):

Capture.JPG

Ocean Camp San Carlos

Mana: 
Last year our hurricane season ended like this: I share the words of Jeff Masters, a respected blogger on major weather events:

“After growing extraordinarily quickly to Category 5 strength, and striking the Mexican coast less than a day later, Tropical Depression Patricia is rapidly dissipating--leading to one of the most abbreviated life cycles on record for any Category 5 tropical cyclone. At 11 am EDT Wednesday, Patricia was a minimal tropical storm, with 40 mph winds. A mere 36 hours later, Patricia packed winds of 160 mph, eventually reaching 200 mph--the highest reliably measured surface winds in any tropical cyclone on Earth. After 36 more hours (at 11 am EDT Saturday) Patricia’s sustained winds were back down to 35 mph. As with all tropical cyclones, Patricia’s landfall was its downfall: the hurricane slammed into rugged coastal terrain while accelerating northeastward, which quickly shredded its low-level circulation.”

There was more. Mexican government agencies acted very quickly. They evacuated people. They put all levels of emergency responders into action: Military, police, hospitals, utility companies… they used not only radio and television, but social media to alert the public of the danger. It was a huge mobilization of public and private resources. Hotels evacuated guests to more secure structures. The time-line was very short. bottom line: it worked.

Yes, Patricia made landfall in a sparsely populated area. But the mobilization and resources at hand were remarkable. That Patricia was one of the most powerful storms in hurricane history will be remembered. But the more remarkable aspect for me was about the accuracy of the forecast, and the astounding response of emergency crews. In place. Ready. —Mark

———— ————— —————

There are parallels to this coming event. The storm that is forming now has a name.

I'm not going to suggest what you should do about this storm. That job is for Mexican Government officials. But here is what I am doing.

I am boarding-up my windows with 5/8-inch plywood and 2X4 framing. I have a lot of glass across the front of my home and I live directly on the beach. I have a plan to leave my home if the storm is greater than a category 1 hurricane. I have purchased extra water, flashlights, batteries, candles, and basic foods that do not need cooking, nor refrigeration. I have filled my car with gas. I have gathered important papers, medications, and significant personal items and put them in two suitcases so that everything is ready to go if I need to leave my home. I have arranged for a safer place to stay, away from the ocean and storm surge if I need to evacuate my home. I have made arrangements to take care of my pets. I have been to the bank and have some extra cash if the ATM's are out of service for a week. I have notified friends where to find me and I have asked neighbors to check on my home if I am unable. That's a start.

I am taking these actions for my own peace of mind and I am basing this on my observations and past history in our area. You should find your own comfort level and do what you think you need to do.... and if on Wednesday of this week we all wake-up to a sunny and bright day and basically the storm is non-event? -- then great. At least I know that I am ready in case Wednesday is not so rosy.

Some other things I am thinking about. What if the electricity is out for days, as happened in past hurricanes here? Food in my freezer and fridge will spoil. I may not have a land-line phone that works. My cell phone will need charging and if electricity is off? How to do that? I may not have internet for communication, nor information about the storm.

I may not have air conditioning or even a fan -- and it has been over 100F recently. I may not be able to find ice. If the electric power is out regionally, will I have CEA water pressure? I know that many roads, including our major highway 15 has flooded in the past. It may not be passable without LONG delays for some days. I know many roads in San Carlos flood, and many friends and neighbors may be stranded. How would I find a doctor if I get hurt or sick? Do you have an ample supply of your prescription medications? How would I get reliable information about the storm and places to go for assistance?

These are some of my concerns tonight. I'm not being negative, but I don't want to be caught flat-footed either. I suggest that we all use common sense and take the actions to do what we think we should do -- and do it now.

Mark, Ocean Camp San Carlos

frankiej

Mana: 
post #10 mark,  this is sound advice!!  i know those of us who experienced "jimena" are taking your advice!  the likely hood of the power going out even if just for short time is high!!  since jimena i have never let any of my vehicles even get close to empty,  i will be topping them both off today!  
many residential and business's are located in what would be NOB considered flood plain.  
during jimena i had over a meter of water flow through my office.  my office is located just behind telmex.
lets all be safe and secure!!

kiteboarder

Mana: 
I'm hoping for a low impact storm but just in case I'll have my kites and surfboard ready. I would like to top off my tinaco but there has been no water on H street. Be safe, but enjoy.

RichD

Mana: 
Always a good idea to make preparations. Newton is not forecast to reach hurricane strength but if it goes East of the cape all bets are off. Will depend on how much it weakens due to interaction with land. As we learned with Jimena, rain can cause a lot of damage even if winds do not reach hurricane strength.

frankiej

Mana: 
http://www.weatherunderground.com  updated their forecast from 77 mm early this morning to 109mm at about 8:00 am.
they are forecasting 109mm tuesday and 20mm wednesday that is over 5 inches of rain in a 24 hour period!
i topped off my jeep CJ5 with gas and later today i will top off my cherokee!

RichD

Mana: 
Latest advisory has Newton reaching hurricane status (barely) as it approaches Cabo. They will take a hit again. In recent storms the hotels in Cabo either turn off their webcams or show a nice sunny day so as not to discourage tourists. Sounds like people are taking this seriously which is good.

frankiej

Mana: 
just went on http://www.eebmike.com  ,  there is good reason for concern!

RichD

Mana: 
Now a hurricane, Newton is moving fast towards Cabo.  Make your preparations tomorrow if you have not already. 

Attached Image (viewed 514 times):

Capture.JPG

RichD

Mana: 
Note that sustained winds over 60mph are possible near the eye but if the predicted track holds, expect 40mph+ winds coming onshore. There will be some storm surge and big waves. If you decide to go kiteboarding Don, be safe.

johnmoore

Mana: 
Richard, as shown in post #17, on that same page top left, you will find an icon to click for potential rainfall. Have you studied that? What do you think?

frankiej

Mana: 
when can we expect to start seeing rain??

RichD

Mana: 
They are predicting 4 to 6 inches.   I think that is based on Newton keeping up this fast pace.  If it stalls over the sea, it could be a lot more.  I think you can expect outer bands to hit SC by late tonight.  That does not necessary mean rain but certainly the possibility of it.  The best outcome is for it to move quickly accross the gulf.  Right now it is moving over some very warm water.  Should start interacting with land early in the morning and weaken a little.  Wednesday is going to be a crappy day in paradise.

Attached Image (viewed 296 times):

Capture.JPG

azbandit66

Mana: 
I just wanted to thank you RichD for all your valuable insight. I'm sure they're are plenty of other members that appreciate your advice and knowledge. This is really the only news of it I'm able to follow as it pertains to SC.

johnmoore

Mana: 
Yes thanks Richard. Please keep it up.

RichD

Mana: 
Thanks for that. I am not an expert, just read what the experts say and try to make sense of it. This storm is serious. At 6pm tomorrow it will still be a hurricane and will be about 150 miles from San Carlos. Wind goes counter clockwise around the eye and it will pass to the West of us. That means winds starting from the East and shifting to the South and later shifting to the West as it passes. Strongest winds will be from the South, late Tuesday night into early Wednesday morning. Beach front facing South and West is going to take a beating. Hope the damage is not too much.  Swells from the West could continue to late Wednesday. 

Last edited on Tue Sep 6th, 2016 05:19 am by RichD

Wy Ynot

Mana: 
We noticed a lot of boats that are always moored in the Bahia exposed to the South winds are not there, they have been moved. I don't remember for sure, but I think I remember 12 or 13 that were torn loose and on the bank during Jimena. Tomorrow might be the day to get everything you need if you have no water or power for a few days. Think of your pets if they are outside pets. Get your tarp over your bed, (get prepared), LOL. Ron

frankiej

Mana: 
weather underground is predicting 134 cc today and 7 cc tomorrow that's 8.6 inches of rain!!
i am reading the predictions at 4:30 am tuesday 9/6/2016

Last edited on Tue Sep 6th, 2016 12:40 pm by frankiej

RichD

Mana: 
Cabo got hammered last night.  New forecast shows Newton still a hurricane at midnight as it comes within 40 miles of SC.  Kino will get hit hard tonight.  Get those candles out and fresh batteries for flashlights.  Not much time left to make preparations.  I sincerely hope everyone took this storm seriously and made preparations. 

Attached Image (viewed 247 times):

Capture.JPG

RichD

Mana: 
A quick note and some good news. 9am advisory shows some weakening as the eye is over land. Forward speed still 17mph so lets hope it moves quickly over the warm water of the SOC. Still a big threat not a time for complacency. If power stays on all night, consider it a minor miracle.

RichD

Mana: 
Right now La Paz is reporting 50mph winds.

ballenamar

Mana: 
I've checked with my school and right now there is no indication that the schools will be closed in the Gusaymas area. Classes are now in session and I'm planning to teach my class at 1 PM.

long time resident

Mana: 
Maybe the schools will be closed tomorrow. Not going to hit till later.

Ian948

Mana: 
Governors office has said schools will close 6th and 7th, apparently that is not the case, maybe late school today and all tomorrow ?

RD , great job as always, I see latest MX Gov advice is hurricane warning from Guaymas to Bahio Kino ..... Hope this thing dies down before crossing the sea.

Good luck to all.

RichD

Mana: 
The longer it stays over land, the better. Currently it is West of La Paz traveling NW but turning towards the North. At this angle, it should cross about 110 miles of very warm water but if the forward speed holds up it will cross the gulf in only 6 hours or so. Shear conditions may help to keep it from gaining strength during this time. La Paz winds down to 44 mph now. Mulege might get hit again. They have had some bad luck the last few years.

palmadita

Mana: 
Thank you, RichD.  When I asked my better half where was the best place to get local information, you were recommended! 

ballenamar

Mana: 
Ian:
I am on my way to teach a 1PM class. My school is out normally at 2:30PM -- in 2 1/2 hours. So, I doubt we will close today. 

frankiej

Mana: 
we have lost power twice here at puesta only for about a minute each time.  12;45 pm

390pony

Mana: 
My husband, who is down there, just let me know that the military is evacuating La Manga and other beach areas and that there is a possibility of a tornado. Be safe.

long time resident

Mana: 
Has it started to rain yet?

390pony

Mana: 
According to my husband, who just e-mailed me, it is pouring. He had to drive to a doctor's appointment and had his wipers on full power and still could hardly see.

frankiej

Mana: 
it has been sprinkling here at puesta since 10:00 that last hour it has been raining!

Wy Ynot

Mana: 
Here in Ranchitos there is a steady rain, nothing heavy yet. Wind is very calm. We were out near Pilar/Delphine and then the parking area on San Francisco Beach and then near Charlies Rock about an hour ago and even with little wind, there are huge whitecaps and almost going over the top of the beach to start filling the back road to Pilar. Waves going over walls and breakwaters already. Estuary already filling toward the pavement. Ron

Ian948

Mana: 
Some one better than I may be able to deduce more from the Guaymas forecast.

Link is here :  http://smn.cna.gob.mx/es/pronostico-ciudad

If you select Guyamas , Sonora - it seems they are predicting mm's of rain - what I can't figure out if per minute / 10 minutes or hour ! ( 25.4mm = 1" )

In the Bahia we have had .28" ( just over a quarter inch since midnight last night ) basically just sprinkles. ( correct as of 13.30 local )

Fingers crossed for everyone.

frankiej

Mana: 
light rains here at puesta 1:40 pm. we have lost power 3 times.

frankiej

Mana: 
according to weatherunderground the heavy rains should start at about 5:00 pm raining into the early hours of wednesday.

ballenamar

Mana: 
The authorities closed my school at 1:30PM because Guaymas is flooding because of the water flow from the surrounding mountains. As I drove back to San Carlos, streets were partially flooded. Dirt roads are muddy and slick. It is NOT a good time to be driving around anywhere in the Guaymas area.
However, my partner is in Hermosillo and reports light rain while she drives around the city doing errands.

RichD

Mana: 
The eye is still on Baja but the Eastern half of the cyclone is already over the gulf.  Newton should start crossing the gulf in an hour or so.  That will determine if it grows or not.  Wind and rain will continue to build.  Expect wind to slowly shift around to the South and pick up in intensity as day goes to evening.  This storm will remain strong all the way through Sonora.  Consider travel plans carefully as I would expect problems with roads and bridges from here to the border.   Not sure when peak intensity will be, maybe 9pm to 11pm.  

From the latest advisory
Newton continues to be a large tropical cyclone, and hazards extend well away from the center. These hazards will affect a large portion of Baja California Sur, northwestern Mexico, and southeastern Arizona during the next day or so. Moisture associated with the remnants of Newton are likely to cause heavy rains and localized flash flooding over parts of Arizona and New Mexico Wednesday and Thursday.

frankiej

Mana: 
have lost power 4 times this time over 10 minutes, winds are picking up!

palmadita

Mana: 
We lost power 4 times, too.  That last one lasting close to an hour. 

RichD

Mana: 
If you are on Facebook, Rada San Carlos is streaming live video from San Francisco beach. Looks like he is close to Triana.

390pony

Mana: 
We're getting the leading edge of it in Tucson now.

long time resident

Mana: 
The Facebook video is very informative. Looks like San Carlos is in for a long night. Just now starting to rain in parts of Tucson.

RichD

Mana: 
here is an interesting site. I really don't know how accurate it is but it is informative to see the wind rotating around the eye and how it relates to SC.

https://www.windyty.com/?24.683,-112.825,5

ezmony

Mana: 
Ahhhhh Newton...so far so good decent rain no big deal.

Nest 4 hrs should tell the story!!!!!!!

bartmanaz
Administrator

Mana: 
Hoping for all the best for all our friends in SC. Hang in there!!

frankiej

Mana: 
5:30 just drove in from town.  everything is shut down except oxxo & extra's!  it is starting to flood and the winds are getting strong.  

contez

Mana: 
Be safe guys!!!

bartmanaz
Administrator

Mana: 
Watching the webcams at Marina Terra and La Posada-good news is power still appears to be on in town and at Marina SC. Latest NWS forecast predicts storm will be just north and slightly west of SC at 0600Z or 2300L. So should pass by between 2200L and 0200L time. Everybody stay safe.

frankiej

Mana: 
there appears to be a bluish light coming from la manga,  the marines may be evacuating them.

RichD

Mana: 
Newton is over water and crossing the sea now. It's going to be a long night. The above seems right that Newton will pass San Carlos to the West about 11pm and be on shore somewhere around Kino by about 6am. Sorry to be a downer but the worst is yet to come. Already enough rain to saturate the ground, expect flooding. Not a good night to go bar hopping. Stay home and be safe.

Attached Image (viewed 273 times):

Capture.JPG

Last edited on Wed Sep 7th, 2016 03:46 am by RichD

frankiej

Mana: 
san carlos is shut down!

Ian948

Mana: 
Finally lost all power at 10.12

At that time winds were 53 mph in the bahia , and rain accumulation was 2.5"

Its going to be a long night for SC.

Biscuit

Mana: 
Cochise (80 mi SE of Tucson) is getting heavy rain and intermittent wind. Family in Tucson say it's quiet there.

SC and all of you are in my thoughts. Be safe, everyone. Lynnette

Fairwind

Mana: 
Anybody body have any pictures?  It the power still off?  The storm just passed right over the top of Kino Bay..The villages of El Colorado, Choyudo, Tastiota 35 miles north of San Carlos must have been hit pretty hard....I'm in Denver but I wish I was there.......

soonacop

Mana: 
I think that power is out in SC.  Both the Marina Terra and Posada webcams are down.  Marina Terra went out at about 10:30PM.  I think it was probably a rough night, very worried about the amount of rain.
My thoughts are with all residents and all our friends in San Carlos.
Any word on the Creston Sector.....the first houses past Charlie's Rock, on the water, below the main roadway, near Piccolo?

Last edited on Wed Sep 7th, 2016 02:54 pm by

long time resident

Mana: 
Please post so that those of us that are not there right now can see how last night went. My prayers are with the people with places on the water.

RichD

Mana: 
I am not in SC either. I think reports of damage will be slow until power comes back on. The storm is still powerful and is between Santa Ana and Nogales. El Imparcial reports that 90% of Guaymas and SC without power. Reported winds of 77mph in Guaymas/San Carlos. 15 foot waves in Kino. It will be a mess for a while.

http://www.elimparcial.com/EdicionEnLinea/Notas/Sonora/07092016/1125438-Entra-Newton-por-Kino-deja-90-de-Guaymas-sin-luz.html

bartmanaz
Administrator

Mana: 
In cell phone contact with friends in San Carlos.  Very high winds last night but not a lot of rain as during Jimena.  
High surf reported at la Posada past the buildings and into the parking lot.  Appears from debris floating in the sea that lower elevation homes got flooded.  Sailboats anchored in the Bahia outside the Marina SC tore loose and adrift or aground.  Boats in Marina SC appear OK.  
No power or water in the area.  Reports of large concrete power poles down near Charlie's Rock and numerous trees uprooted.  Signs blown down and roofs blown off.
Will report more news as I get it.
Bart

bartmanaz
Administrator

Mana: 
A quick update. Boats in Marina Real are reported to be OK.

IronMan

Mana: 
RadaSC is posting on FaceBook and messaged me he is seeing no flooding; photo in front of Saggitario shows very little standing water but billboard blown down, and tree down at Bahia turn by Cyberco.

Attached Image (viewed 395 times):

14199494_10210170568330995_5876629782828617204_n.jpg

IronMan

Mana: 
Tree down

Attached Image (viewed 390 times):

14238157_10210170533690129_4399240370188018272_n.jpg

IronMan

Mana: 
And he reported only a torn sail seen for damage in MSC.

joncyn

Mana: 
Thanks for the update Bart several of us have boats on the hard in Marina Seca if you hear of the conditions there we would really appreciate an quick note

RichD

Mana: 
This picture was on Facebook.  It looks like the storage yard at Marina Real but the photo was not titled.  

Attached Image (viewed 375 times):

Capture.JPG

joncyn

Mana: 
Thanks Rich really sad we're on hurricane poles in Marina Seca hoping they lived up to their name

bartmanaz
Administrator

Mana: 
That photo is at Marina Real.

S.V.Gitana

Mana: 
Ya, also wondering about our boat in Marina Seca...  Any info would be appreciated, Thanks!

SF Bay Dude

Mana: 
Anybody have news about Marina Guaymas? I have a boat named Tranquillity there. Any word would be great. Thanks.

RichD

Mana: 
Not good news. Saw a video on El Emparcial.

http://www.elimparcial.com/EdicionEnLinea/Notas/Sonora/07092016/1125547-Guaymas-se-queda-sin-agua-y-aun-un-40-no-tiene-luz.html

RichD

Mana: 
Also this article. http://www.elimparcial.com/EdicionEnLinea/Notas/Sonora/07092016/1125519-Guaymas-Se-hunden-5-embarcaciones-turisticas-por-Newton.html
If you are in Marina Seca Guaymas, I have not seen anything about that. 

Last edited on Wed Sep 7th, 2016 07:51 pm by RichD

S.V.Gitana

Mana: 
S.V.Gitana wrote: Ya, also wondering about our boat in Marina Seca...  Any info would be appreciated, Thanks!
My question is for Marina San Carlos Seca - but those pics and vid of Guaymas are really sad, heart goes out to the owners... :(

odwyerpw

Mana: 
We fared very well in Alamos. Just varied light to steady rain for about 24 hours. A steady breeze. No massive arroyo washouts.

RichD

Mana: 
Sounds like power is starting to come back on and damage reports should follow. One friend reported 8.5 inches of rain and max wind of 145kph (90mph).

joncyn

Mana: 
S.V.Gitana
If you happen to hear from Marina Seca or someone down in SC as to the condition of the storage yard would you please post or send a pm
Not much info coming out right now I'm sure everyone is busy with cleanup

Thanks

gclan

Mana: 
Please share any information on Marina Seca if anyone gets any updates.  We have our boat in covered storage there and are hoping everything is ok.  

S.V.Gitana

Mana: 
gclan wrote: Please share any information on Marina Seca if anyone gets any updates.  We have our boat in covered storage there and are hoping everything is ok.  
Hello, our boat broker has been in touch.  She says power is still out and lots of damge.  She hasnt been to marina seca yet but will try to get there tomorrow to take photos.  Sorry we dont know more.

S.V.Gitana

Mana: 
Think I just IM'd with the same broker - said things were bad, but no details - but will know more tomorrow

SF Bay Dude

Mana: 
Just had a phone conversation with one the yard guys in Marina Guaymas. He couldn't get into the yard but did a drive by and say boats toppled in the secondary yard. I didn't get a number because our connection wasn't great, but it sucks nonetheless. It seems some boats still had sails on their furlers, and looks as though they came undone and blew over.

I am also getting reports that Werner - older German gent with a dog that rides in the sidecar - lost his boat on the rocks. He is alive and being tended to, although I am unsure of his condition beyond that.

Heartfelt sympathies go out to those that are dealing with damages/loss. My heart has been in my throat all day, but I finally got word my boat is upright. I am breathing a huge sigh of relief, but still need to get a better handle on possible damages to solar panels & etc.

Biscuit

Mana: 
Still anxious to hear that everyone is ok. Please check in/ post as soon as possible.

S.V.Gitana

Mana: 
SF Bay Dude wrote:
Heartfelt sympathies go out to those that are dealing with damages/loss. My heart has been in my throat all day, but I finally got word my boat is upright.

Ditto from us, really happy more people weren't hurt but really sad about the losses.  Heart rending seeing knocked over or, even worse, sunk boats... Glad your boat is still standing.  We'll definately let everyone know what we hear, I'm not one to share things I don't know for sure, but just heard that in Marina Seca San Carlos the worst looked to be in the middle, row E or F, but they weren't positive and will let me know as soon as they can and send pics.  Lights are all still out there with many lamp posts down...

Orca John

Mana: 
If anyone visits the Marina Real storage yard, could you please post a quick pic of my boat Orca, she's in the NE corner of the yard. I would appreciate it so much.

S.V.Gitana

Mana: 
This webcam came back on line a bit ago in SC, can't see much at the moment, but something at least...
https://www.wunderground.com/webcams/webcamstraveldot/17330/show.html

Last edited on Thu Sep 8th, 2016 03:04 am by S.V.Gitana

cjf1030

Mana: 
Keeping everybody in my thoughts.I finally managed to convince my family to come down and see San Carlos and we are going tomorrow. Not sure if I need to cancel on them or if anybody at the very least has updates on power outages.

RichD

Mana: 
Power is coming back on. Just heard from people in Ranchitos and Loma Del Mar that have electricity. CFE is doing a great job again.

joncyn

Mana: 
Just saw pictures of Marina Seca today we saw or boat Alcyone down with several boats in row "D" as well this row was on hurricane poles so much for that feeling of safety if we hear anymore will post tomorrow

cjdaley

Mana: 
looking to connect with anyone with info about boats in hurricane poles at marina seca san carlos.  please reply cjdaley727@gmail.com

Rainshadow

Mana: 
Any more pics of Marina Real? We are still trying to get info about your S/V Rainshadow.Thx!

cjdaley

Mana: 
can you confirm please if you mean Marina Seca..Real.... or Marina Seca San Carlos.  We are on row DC at Marina Seca San Carlos... where is your boat??

cjdaley

Mana: 
to joncyn... the last message re which Marina Seca...

boatbetty

Mana: 
Here is a picture of Marina Seca San Carlos front storage yard that I found on Facebook. There are also pictures of the main storage yard where boats toppled over, even
ones that appeared to be in 'hurricane poles'. Friends are going tomorrow to see if our boat is OK.

Attached Image (viewed 288 times):

Marina Seca San Carlos front storage yard.jpg

Tappan Zee

Mana: 
Hi. First post here.  We are also looking for information on the condition of the Marina Seca San Carlos yard where our boat Tappan Zee is hauled out.  I don't know what row it is in, but if anyone has info, please post.  We also have Don, the boat broker in San Carlos, caring for our boat but he has not contacted us yet and I'm sure he is exhausted and hopefully getting some sleep.  If I get any info on the yard I will post it here.  Good luck to all.

JZ

Mana: 
How can you all not have local Mexican friends you can call to check things out for you?

Very surprising.

Johnny of STORK

Mana: 
That's Marina Real in post 99

Johnny

Last edited on Thu Sep 8th, 2016 12:26 pm by Johnny of STORK

S.V.Gitana

Mana: 
Just found this set of pics on FB, theres a few pics:
https://m.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=1195009877227283&id=100001548467386&set=a.1122695547792050.1073741827.100001548467386&source=48

Pics are from Keith Rodriquez:  
https://m.facebook.com/keith.rodriquez.7?refid=13

Attached Image (viewed 447 times):

14195305_1195009877227283_1778902213512085816_o.jpg

Last edited on Thu Sep 8th, 2016 01:11 pm by S.V.Gitana

jengordon

Mana: 
So sad to see all of the losses. I have a boat at Marina Seca and have not been able to confirm anything about her status. If anyone has photos of dry storage or work yard there, please post or call me at 907-240-0206 or email jengordonmom@gmail.com. My sailboat's name is Northern Passage. I believe she is in the work yard?

I wish I could be there to help clean up, Alaska is so far away!!!!
Any news would be greatly appreciated,Jennifer

Orca John

Mana: 
JZ - Really?  Why post snarky stuff at this point? That's not helpful.  I have 5 contacts including a man that watches my boat on the hard, and can't get through to any.

Last edited on Thu Sep 8th, 2016 02:01 pm by Orca John

soonacop

Mana: 
Best collection of photos I've found...
twitter.com/abn58

Orca John

Mana: 
Has anyone been able to get a call through to Marina Real? My boat Orca is in their yard. Called many times but the phone lines are obviously down??

Ian948

Mana: 
John,

Given the problems in Guaymas most staff at SC businesses were fixing problems at home yesterday which has probably not helped.

Likely today both news and contacts will start to get easier - although power back it is not back on everywhere yet , which may also have an impact.

Fingers crossed all will be well ~ trying times for all.

The one thing we have found is cell phone has seemed to work well if folks are charged up.

joncyn

Mana: 
Marina Seca San Carlos we are in row "D" number 9 hoping to learn more today will be heading down as soon as possible

Orca John

Mana: 
Thnx Much, Ian948.  Understood, and my heart goes out to all of our Mexican friends and their families that are dealing with the impacts of this storm.

Last edited on Thu Sep 8th, 2016 03:58 pm by Orca John

cjdaley

Mana: 
joncyn....  we are in DC-17 (between hurricane poles).  Vessels name is Shannon's Spirit.  Please let us know if you hear anything.  We have tried but are unable to get through.  Thanks....  cjdaley727@gmail.com 

soonacop

Mana: 
One article I read said 80% of Guaymas is still without power. No power can mean no gas, no charging phones, no cell service, etc.
Pictures of Playa Blanca and La Salsa are alarming (see Twitter link I posted).

No word yet of our house on the water in Creston sector.

SF Bay Dude

Mana: 
S.V.Gitana wrote: Just found this set of pics on FB, theres a few pics:
https://m.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=1195009877227283&id=100001548467386&set=a.1122695547792050.1073741827.100001548467386&source=48

Pics are from Keith Rodriquez:  
https://m.facebook.com/keith.rodriquez.7?refid=13
 Which yard is this?

joncyn

Mana: 
Cjdaley
If we hear anything I'll post here have contacted our insurance it sounds like they may have adjusters either on their way or there now will head down once we have more info.

Leticia213

Mana: 
If anyone goes to Marina Real dry dock, please look into the work yard (right side as you enter). The third boat from the end (opposite the office, next to brick wall) should be a 40' Formosa (red hull) S/V "Long Ben"(the name may have been removed by now because it is getting repainted topside as well as bottom.) I saw a photo that appears to show a broken mast - not sure if that is from Long Ben. But looks suspiciously like it may be.

susswein

Mana: 
I was planning to drive down to san carlos early next week to drop a few things off at my boat that's in marina seca.  What do you all think the chances are that I'll be able to get access to my boat on monday or tuesday?  It's sitting on a trailer with all the canvas off so I'm crossing my fingers and hoping it's not damaged.

S.V.Gitana

Mana: 
Hi SF Bay Dude, 
I got those initially off the FB page for San Carlos:
https://m.facebook.com/profile.php?id=104680049570325&tsid=0.5213975880679025&source=typeahead
And are posted by with location stamp of San Carlos: https://m.facebook.com/keith.rodriquez.7?fref=nf&__tn__=C
Looks like Marina San Carlos-Seca to me, but I've been there on a few times earlier in the summer definitely not Marina Real-seca...

soonacop

Mana: 
La Manga. http://tribuna.com.mx/notas/la%20manga-20160908-075948.jpg

svindigo

Mana: 
This pic is for Shannon Spirit. We are right next to you in DC-18, SV Indigo, blue hull w/red stripes. You should be able to see your shamrock in the pic, in between the two blue hulls. I have attached this before picture so you can compare and verify your boat is on the right side of that after picture posted by Gitana. This of course doesn't mean our boats are not tipped since they are not visible in the after pic, but at least our odds are much better. And I hope that gives you some minor relief until you get verification.

Thank you so much to everyone who is posting photos. Gitana's pic post was the only way we could verify we were not in that devastating row as we haven't received news from our caretaker yet. So concerned for all who are.

If anyone forwards this on FB: this picture is a BEFORE shot, Row DC is on right, at Marina Seca SC taken in October 2015 by Indigo, for comparison purposes only.

Attached Image (viewed 339 times):

DSCF2811_before.jpg

jengordon

Mana: 
JZ - IMHO, That comment is just rude and mean hearted.  It has been very difficult to reach anyone.

Last edited on Thu Sep 8th, 2016 05:55 pm by jengordon

cjdaley

Mana: 
Thank you SV Indigo...  I really appreciate the photo....  Here's the thing.  SV Shannon's Spirit didn't go into row D until Feb of 2016 (we left early due to repairs and weather).  The 'after' photo shows one dark hull on the right (perhaps Indigo?) but I can't really tell if SSpirit is in there....
In Oct 2015 Shannon's Spirit was in the works-yard from Oct 7th until Nov 4th., when she was launched at the Marina. She was returned to the works yard and then to storage (in the hurricane pole section) on Feb 8, 2016.

Thanks so much for the photos....  wishing you all good luck at finding out info re each of your boats...  

S.V.Gitana

Mana: 
Received a quick note from our contact, she says that MReal-Seca fared better than MSC-Seca (she went by both) - but MSC-Seca had staff on sight and will be notifying affected parties, so maybe "no news is good news".  They are still w/o power so can't send pics yet.

svindigo

Mana: 
Shannon Spirit, I will see if i can PM you to get your email. I can send you a large version of my before photo so you can zoom. And I am sorry, I was mistaken with my timeline, amazing I forgot already when we left! My brain was thinking about when we put in, not when we hauled out and I flipped the dates. Didn't sleep last night. :)  This photo was taken in April 2016. So sorry. April 2016, everyone.

390pony

Mana: 
Has anyone been by Luis' shop? I'm still trying to find out if my cigarette boat, Tiburon Ballena, is okay.

jengordon

Mana: 
Thank you!   I'm going with "no news is good news" at this point.  Sigh.  Really appreciate the updates, everyone.
Gratitude and Best wishes to all,Jen (S/V Northern Passage)

cjdaley

Mana: 
hello and thank you.... cjdaley727@gmail.com 

gclan

Mana: 
We have a boat at Marina Seca San Carlos under the covered storage and have not heard any updates on this area.  Here are a couple of photos I came across on FB from Marina Seca San Carlos. I am not sure what row these boats were in the yard. Very sad to see the damage.  If anyone has any updates on the covered storage it would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks...

Attached Image (viewed 342 times):

Screen Shot 2016-09-08 at 10.44.57 AM.jpg

Last edited on Thu Sep 8th, 2016 07:01 pm by gclan

gclan

Mana: 
Here is the other photo....this is Marina Seca San Carlos.  Tried to post a better resolution of the photo but file size was too big.  Don't have the link to share.  

Attached Image (viewed 246 times):

marina seca SC photo 2.jpg

Last edited on Thu Sep 8th, 2016 10:51 pm by gclan

cjdaley

Mana: 
Could I please ask that, when you post photos, you refer to the actual marina the photo is of.. not just Marina Seca....  but Marina Seca Real or Marina Seca San Carlos.
Thanks so much.. we've got to sort out this confusion.

soonacop

Mana: 
While the damage to our boats and homes is unfortunate, let's not forget about the community at large who have been greatly affected. The photo from La Manga puts things in perspective. I hope it's not representative of the entire area.

Chamisa

Mana: 
...or Marina Seca in Guaymas, right? Confusion only adding to heartache. We are all anxious, and we all realize what a mess it is...just praying nobody hurt. Thank you to all of you there and posting. Hard to be so far away (Florida) and unable to help.

S/V Chamisa, Marina Seca San Carlos - praying.

Chamisa

Mana: 
Soonacop: where is photo you refer to of La Manga? And, when ANYONE knows how we can help people recover from afar, please post same.

gclan

Mana: 
Chamisa wrote: Soonacop: where is photo you refer to of La Manga? And, when ANYONE knows how we can help people recover from afar, please post same.
Chamisa, the link to the photo of La Manga is http://tribuna.com.mx/notas/la%20manga-20160908-075948.jpg

S.V.Gitana

Mana: 
Please post links as well - the links I posted have an option to "view large" then one can zoom in and stuff - the pics here are just too small.  Thanks!

cjdaley

Mana: 
Mssg received from one of the boats in Marina Seca San Carlos.  They just ten minute ago received an email from the marina advising their boat is OK...  hopefully all hear something soon... best of luck everyone.

390pony

Mana: 
S.V.Gitana wrote: Please post links as well - the links I posted have an option to "view large" then one can zoom in and stuff - the pics here are just too small.  Thanks!
Check your computer settings, the pictures are good sized when I open them, not small at all.

gclan

Mana: 
I emailed San Carlos Marina Seca to check on our boat.  They replied and said it was fine and that they have a list of boats that sustained damage and have been sending emails with pictures to the owners.  If owners do not receive an email that means that their boat is fine. 

TucsonChad

Mana: 
Marina Seca in San Carlos just let us know that our boat is fine - No knocked over boats in row G. Good lick to all!

S.V.Gitana

Mana: 
390pony wrote: S.V.Gitana wrote: Please post links as well - the links I posted have an option to "view large" then one can zoom in and stuff - the pics here are just too small.  Thanks!
Check your computer settings, the pictures are good sized when I open them, not small at all.

When I posted pic at #103 this site said it was shrinking it and is about 1/10 of the original - on the original I could zoom in and make out each individual boat and tell they were not mine, even tell what kind of anchors on the bows at the far end, not possible on the ones above :) - I open them in another window and zoom & just get blurry stuff I can't tell anything about (and I'm running dual 24" high res monitors). That's why I ask, mean no offense... (plus once should credit the source anyway)

Fairwind

Mana: 
Sailboat pictured above, "Quest" looks like it may have suffered more than "Minimal Damage", its mast snapped in half..I thought that picture may have been in the marina seca work yard..

Tappan Zee

Mana: 
Just received a short email from the man watching our boat.  Tappan Zee is fine.  No info on other boats but he said there is no electricity or internet at his office and he is replying to people from his home so he was delayed.  Good luck to others.
Annie

jengordon

Mana: 
Where is Tappan Zee?  My boat is in Marina SC Seca work yard, and haven't seen any pics yet of that area.  Haven't received email or call from Marina so I suppose that's "no news is good news?"  I hope....

S.V.Gitana

Mana: 
Does anyone here have one of the other "Gitana"s at Marina SC Seca?  Omar sent me pics of the wrong boat - name is printed midships - PM me and I'll forward

joncyn

Mana: 
We sent and email to SC Marina Seca just received a very prompt reply from them with pics our boat was damaged but not as much as some power must be back on and they seem on top of the situation

Good luck to everyone else if we hear more we'll post

palmadita

Mana: 
I just tried to post pics and I lost my post and pic because it said my file is too big. What should I do to post multiple pics and diminish the file size.

JZ

Mana: 
jengordon wrote: JZ - IMHO, That comment is just rude and mean hearted.  It has been very difficult to reach anyone.
Why?  I've been talking to people for two days.  Sounds like ppl just left their boats without people looking after them and/or don't have local friends.

JZ

Mana: 
palmadita wrote: I just tried to post pics and I lost my post and pic because it said my file is too big. What should I do to post multiple pics and diminish the file size.
Upload to photobucket.  Link here.

Alternatively, you can open it with Paint (all Window computers have it), then on the top left there is a "Resize" button.  Photobucket is better, but this may be easier for you.

Last edited on Thu Sep 8th, 2016 11:36 pm by JZ

jengordon

Mana: 
JZ - Do you really want to get into this?  My closest friend there and the person who is on hand to check on the boat happens to be traveling out of the country this week.  Another friend is in the States and worried about his own home in SC.  Both of them are willing to help but are not physically in SC at the moment.
I have had a difficult time reaching anyone at Marina Seca for months - with many phone messages and emails left unanswered.  I "know" dozens of employees and contractors there but have yet to reach anyone.  Especially the past few days.

Overall, I have not spent any time living for an extended amount of time in San Carlos so no, I do not have an established set of local friends.  We had hoped to move our boat back home (to Alaska) last year but ended up with some repair issues that precluded that plan. We are working and raising a family, not retired so doing the best that we can under the circumstances.
So that's the whole story.  I am not begging for help, just hoping that if someone local happens to have a photo of the work yard could they please post.  I really do not appreciate your judging those of us who are not able to live there full time.

palmadita

Mana: 
Jengordon, I understand your frustration! I have been to Marina Real seca this morning, but not Marina San Carlos. Much of the town is without power. It sounds like marina San Carlos does now have power. In this case, you are right, no news is good news. Hang in there. This is a great place to visit and live. If you like, I will go find your boat tomorrow and take a pic and send you news. What is your boat's name, where is it in seca, and is it a sailboat?

palmadita

Mana: 
JZ, I will try photobucket. I am on an ipad

390pony

Mana: 
Finally got hold of my husband, he's seen our boat, and all is well.

palmadita

Mana: 
I am really not able to post pics on here. If anyone wants to see my pics of some boats in Marina Real seca, like Orca, and red bottom boat, contigo, please see my post on Facebook. My name is Patricia Adams

JZ

Mana: 
palmadita wrote: JZ, I will try photobucket. I am on an ipad
After you get it uploaded there, copy the link.  Then come back here and type:

[ img]link[ /img]

But remove the 4 spaces and replace "link" with your file link.

Last edited on Fri Sep 9th, 2016 12:29 am by JZ

jengordon

Mana: 
palmadita, thank you for your offer - I just this moment received word from Marina Seca SC that the boat is fine and they sent photos.  
I am posting one here - because some other boats are also visible, if anyone else was curious about seeing the work yard.  I'll post a few more after this

Attached Image (viewed 347 times):

image012.jpg

jengordon

Mana: 
another of work yard at MSC Seca

Attached Image (viewed 344 times):

image010.jpg

jengordon

Mana: 
and one more....if anyone would like the originals please PM me and send and email, I'm not sure the quality is very good to begin with but might be more zoomable that way.

Attached Image (viewed 353 times):

image008.jpg

Last edited on Fri Sep 9th, 2016 01:08 am by jengordon

palmadita

Mana: 
So happy for you, jengordon! Jz photobucket isn't supported on iPad.

Tappan Zee

Mana: 
Jengordon, I'm so glad your boat came through o.k.  Our boat is in the Marna Seca San Carlos storage yard, not the work yard.  Sorry I didn't reply sooner. I'm itraveling in Switzerland right now and we are 9 hours ahead of the western Pacific Coast and so I went to bed after my last post.  Maybe we'll see you out there next season.  Cheers, Tappan Zee.

Flamenco

Mana: 
Any news or pics from Marina Real?  Thank you

Orca John

Mana: 
Hello Palmadita - There are too many Patricia Adams' on FB - I can't find you.  You mentioned Orca - there must be a couple of Orcas?  My Orca is a white, Tayana 42 sloop in the Marina Real storage yard.  I assume you weren't referring to her?  I'm still searching for info on my boat and cannot get through to the marina or any of my contacts (despite the oblivious posts form snarky JZ - he needs to go away).  Thanks for any help

palmadita

Mana: 
Hi Orca John.  Your boat is fine!  I posted a pic on FB.  Try searching fro me as Patricia Larose Duperron Adams.  My profile pic is a pic of me waving from a boat.  Good luck! 

Orca John

Mana: 
Palmadita - Thanks so much for the response.  I tried every permutation of your name and still can't find you on FB.  I'm John Baals Jr on FB - would you pls friend me?

Chamisa

Mana: 
My suggestion is that we each find a post from the Supreme Snark and choose "ignore member". Less stress is best path in lfe!

joncyn

Mana: 
Going to fly in to Hermosillo next week sometime and get to SC we have always driven our rv down so haven't paid attention to lodging. I know MarinaTerra is close to the yard is there another option? Suggestions recommendations ?

Thanks

RichD

Mana: 
This is the slow season, school is back and snow birds will not show up for a while. Should have no problem finding a room. I would start with one night at Marina Terra and scout for options when you get here. Lots of cheaper options but that might be the best and most convenient. On the other hand maybe SC will be flooded with people checking on their boats! Have a good trip.

jengordon

Mana: 
Lots of great and much more affordable air bnb and vrbo options.  Apartments and houses even!  

S.V.Gitana

Mana: 
Just found out my boat's okay, thank gawd.  Still feel really bad for the boats knocked down, but will be okay eventually... :(

palmadita

Mana: 
RichD, I might have to disagree with you about hotels. There are a lot of extra CFE workers here right now, and for people without power, a hotel is a good option. Still lots of places without power. Our friends who live here decided to go to the Armida hotel and they got the last room. Another friend is at Marinatera. The w/e is here and the town has been busy every w/e with Mexican tourists. However the more power that comes on, the more people going home. 👍🏼

S.V.Gitana

Mana: 
Here are palmadita's pics of marina real (seca)

Attached Image (viewed 293 times):

pic1.jpg

S.V.Gitana

Mana: 

Attached Image (viewed 293 times):

pic2.jpg

S.V.Gitana

Mana: 

Attached Image (viewed 291 times):

pic3.jpg

S.V.Gitana

Mana: 

Attached Image (viewed 284 times):

pic4.jpg

S.V.Gitana

Mana: 

Attached Image (viewed 285 times):

pic5.jpg

S.V.Gitana

Mana: 
Here is the row my boat is on (DH) in Marina SC (Seca) - thanks to Marisa @ mariner yachts & thanks goes to palmadita for trying to get a pic for me :)

Attached Image (viewed 282 times):

P9080111.JPG

Last edited on Fri Sep 9th, 2016 09:32 pm by S.V.Gitana

joncyn

Mana: 
Thanks all for the suggestions booked a couple nights at Marina Terra to get things sussed out and go from there

palmadita

Mana: 
Yeah, and btw, another Gitana is safe too! Lol

palmadita

Mana: 
And Orca John, the pic of Orca is there.

Orca John

Mana: 
Yep - I see Orca.  Thnx again for your help.  I'm driving down next week on a parts run.  I have a hotel but what about gas - is it available?  Everyone probably has, or soon will, sort out their issues (except JZ ;)) but I'll post an offer just before I leave for anyone that still needs basic info/status on their boats.

palmadita

Mana: 
Yes, both Pemex were up and running, most stores and restaurants are at full service, power is extending west and some areas of Marina Real have got power.

S.V.Gitana

Mana: 
Along those lines, anyone heard how the road is from Nogales?  It was pretty scary last June, sure the rain didn't help it any...
Too, just can't say it enough how heart broke i am about the downed boats and far more so for all the lives I'm sure that were made far more difficult by the storm...

390pony

Mana: 
Reports on the road have been good.

daveMac

Mana: 
Drove down yesterday, no problems. Except construction

frankiej

Mana: 
we have power at puesta , came on about 4:00 pm no water!![size=
][size=water is stating to arrive in san carlos so it takes time but things are getting up and running! ]

JZ

Mana: 
Orca John wrote: Hello Palmadita - There are too many Patricia Adams' on FB - I can't find you.  You mentioned Orca - there must be a couple of Orcas?  My Orca is a white, Tayana 42 sloop in the Marina Real storage yard.  I assume you weren't referring to her?  I'm still searching for info on my boat and cannot get through to the marina or any of my contacts (despite the oblivious posts form snarky JZ - he needs to go away).  Thanks for any help
Been here 10 years, not 3 days bud.  Maybe if you actually got out and made some Mexican friends instead on hanging in your gringo enclaves you'd have someone go over and check on your stuff.

390pony

Mana: 
Really, JZ? Sure, people can check on things but with no power, how is anyone going to make a phone call or e-mail? With no power at the stores to allow more saldos to go on the Mexicells anyone with any sense would use their phones for emergencies only until power came back.

I don't live in a "gringo enclave" and my husband was guarding our house. He couldn't contact me for the reasons above so I relied on forums for information.

Lighten up.

frankiej

Mana: 
i agree with pony!!  i was here and road out the storm,  only to miss the storm here on SC,S,M!!!  some places are still without power!  i know  some phones weren't working because most people these day's have wireless phones!  i missed this storm because i didn't have access to my computer!

maryt

Mana: 
I have Mexican friends in San Carlos and in Guaymas.  I didn´t contact them right after the storm except to know if they were all right.  They were just as affected by the storm as I was.  There is no need to make assumptions about whether people do or do not have Mexican friends just because they ask for some help on this board.

Last edited on Sun Sep 11th, 2016 03:30 am by maryt

Wy Ynot

Mana: 
As my youngest so would say, WTF, he's 48 yoa. We lucked out, lots of wind, 8" of rain. Nothing like Jimena as far as water, we had about 8" here in Ranchitos, mucho viento. No electricity til last night. All need a Tecate?? Ynot

Last edited on Sun Sep 11th, 2016 12:10 am by Wy Ynot

JZ

Mana: 
390pony wrote: Really, JZ? Sure, people can check on things but with no power, how is anyone going to make a phone call or e-mail? With no power at the stores to allow more saldos to go on the Mexicells anyone with any sense would use their phones for emergencies only until power came back.

I don't live in a "gringo enclave" and my husband was guarding our house. He couldn't contact me for the reasons above so I relied on forums for information.

Lighten up.

Car charger?

390pony

Mana: 
Car charger? For what? You can't put saldos on a Mexicell with a car charger. You can't charge a line phone with a car charger.

S.V.Gitana

Mana: 

Welll, looks like this thread has gone along the paths of newton...
Want to thank all of those who helped pull together information for those of us who are not local or in the situation such as myself who are new and have few local contacts...  Special thanks to palmadita for going out and taking pics for us. 
See ya 'round
Jim

cjdaley

Mana: 
I would also like to thank those who were able to help in a positive way.  I'll be signing off too....  It was nice to meet some of you 'on line' and I look forward to meeting up in person.  We leave to drive south on Thursday.  Adios.  SV Shannon's Spirit

Orca John

Mana: 
This was a great forum - very helpful - The typical cruising community. Thnx so much to all that helped me. I'll be in town on 9/16 for a few days so if anyone is still looking for basic info on their boats, let me know.

John
SV Orca
Tayana 42
jrbaals@gmail.com

joncyn

Mana: 
Just echoing the sentiments above thanks to those who provided all the positive info. This why we are so lucky to belong to the crusing community. I'll be in SC Monday for a few days if I can provide some help let me know.

John
SV Alcyone
Ericson 35 mk III
Svalcyone@gmail.com

Tappan Zee

Mana: 
One of the things I love about this nomadic life on a boat is that "cruisers help cruisers". When we pull onto a new-to-us place with a week to prepare our boat for storage, we immediately receive help from those already there and provide help to others who pull in after us.  It is an intentional community on the move and I think the cruiser's radio nets and the internet forums help to keep the community functioning well.  Thanks for sharing your stories and allowing me to share mine during this anxious time.  I'm looking forward to seeing you on the water again in the Sea of Cortez this coming season.
AnnieS/V Tappan Zee

cjdaley

Mana: 
Hi John.  Friends of ours with SV Intrepid in Marina Seca San Carlos are seeking a photo of their boat... hopefully still standing and undamaged.  If you, or anyone else, has an opportunity to grab a photo and post it... the vessel is SV Intrepid and she is 'parked' in the storage yard, Row F - 07...  Thanks everyone for all you've done.
SV Shannon's Spirit.

UltraBB 1.172 Copyright © 2007-2014 Data 1 Systems