San Carlos, Sonora, Mexico Forums Home 

San Carlos Mexico Forum
Welcome to our forum. In order to post in our forums you must be registered. Please take a minute to register to enjoy the full benefits of the forum. Registration is FREE and your information is kept private. When registering, please make sure your email address is entered correctly-if incorrect, you will not receive your validation message. Please do not use your email address as your user name for your own privacy and security. Gmail account users should check spam or trash folders for our validation message after initial registration. We also suggest you add host@sancarlosmexico.com to your white list.

This message board requires you to register in order to post new topics, reply to topics started by other users, start polls, or vote on polls. As a registered user, you can edit your own posts, upload photos and view our photo gallery, and send private messages to other members of the board. Registered users can keep track of the topics they are interested in, and receive e-mail notifications when someone posts to one of those topics. Registered users can choose a theme and setup a profile, to include hometown, email & web address and avatar if desired.
We do ask that you post in the appropriate forum-look over the subjects and topics of all forums including the mercado section before making your first post. Posts in the wrong forum or not related to San Carlos may be moved or deleted without notice.
Please take a moment and register to enjoy all the benefits of the forum.
Bienvenidos!

Moderated by: bartmanaz Page:  First Page Previous Page  ...  5  6  7  8  9  10   
New Topic Reply Printer Friendly
Newton  Rating:  Rating
AuthorPost
 Posted: Sat Sep 10th, 2016 02:46 am
  PM Quote Reply
181st Post
390pony

Mana: 
Reports on the road have been good.

Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

Posted: Sat Sep 10th, 2016 03:30 am
  PM Quote Reply
182nd Post
daveMac

Mana: 
Drove down yesterday, no problems. Except construction

Posted: Sat Sep 10th, 2016 03:37 am
  PM Quote Reply
183rd Post
frankiej

Mana: 
we have power at puesta , came on about 4:00 pm no water!![size=
][size=water is stating to arrive in san carlos so it takes time but things are getting up and running! ]

Posted: Sat Sep 10th, 2016 08:27 pm
  PM Quote Reply
184th Post
JZ

Mana: 
Orca John wrote: Hello Palmadita - There are too many Patricia Adams' on FB - I can't find you.  You mentioned Orca - there must be a couple of Orcas?  My Orca is a white, Tayana 42 sloop in the Marina Real storage yard.  I assume you weren't referring to her?  I'm still searching for info on my boat and cannot get through to the marina or any of my contacts (despite the oblivious posts form snarky JZ - he needs to go away).  Thanks for any help
Been here 10 years, not 3 days bud.  Maybe if you actually got out and made some Mexican friends instead on hanging in your gringo enclaves you'd have someone go over and check on your stuff.

Posted: Sat Sep 10th, 2016 09:22 pm
  PM Quote Reply
185th Post
390pony

Mana: 
Really, JZ? Sure, people can check on things but with no power, how is anyone going to make a phone call or e-mail? With no power at the stores to allow more saldos to go on the Mexicells anyone with any sense would use their phones for emergencies only until power came back.

I don't live in a "gringo enclave" and my husband was guarding our house. He couldn't contact me for the reasons above so I relied on forums for information.

Lighten up.

Posted: Sat Sep 10th, 2016 10:22 pm
  PM Quote Reply
186th Post
frankiej

Mana: 
i agree with pony!!  i was here and road out the storm,  only to miss the storm here on SC,S,M!!!  some places are still without power!  i know  some phones weren't working because most people these day's have wireless phones!  i missed this storm because i didn't have access to my computer!

Posted: Sat Sep 10th, 2016 10:34 pm
  PM Quote Reply
187th Post
maryt

Mana: 
I have Mexican friends in San Carlos and in Guaymas.  I didnĀ“t contact them right after the storm except to know if they were all right.  They were just as affected by the storm as I was.  There is no need to make assumptions about whether people do or do not have Mexican friends just because they ask for some help on this board.

Last edited on Sun Sep 11th, 2016 03:30 am by maryt

Posted: Sun Sep 11th, 2016 12:08 am
  PM Quote Reply
188th Post
Wy Ynot

Mana: 
As my youngest so would say, WTF, he's 48 yoa. We lucked out, lots of wind, 8" of rain. Nothing like Jimena as far as water, we had about 8" here in Ranchitos, mucho viento. No electricity til last night. All need a Tecate?? Ynot

Last edited on Sun Sep 11th, 2016 12:10 am by Wy Ynot

Posted: Sun Sep 11th, 2016 12:24 am
  PM Quote Reply
189th Post
JZ

Mana: 
390pony wrote: Really, JZ? Sure, people can check on things but with no power, how is anyone going to make a phone call or e-mail? With no power at the stores to allow more saldos to go on the Mexicells anyone with any sense would use their phones for emergencies only until power came back.

I don't live in a "gringo enclave" and my husband was guarding our house. He couldn't contact me for the reasons above so I relied on forums for information.

Lighten up.

Car charger?

Posted: Sun Sep 11th, 2016 12:27 am
  PM Quote Reply
190th Post
390pony

Mana: 
Car charger? For what? You can't put saldos on a Mexicell with a car charger. You can't charge a line phone with a car charger.

Posted: Sun Sep 11th, 2016 02:15 pm
  PM Quote Reply
191st Post
S.V.Gitana

Mana: 

Welll, looks like this thread has gone along the paths of newton...
Want to thank all of those who helped pull together information for those of us who are not local or in the situation such as myself who are new and have few local contacts...  Special thanks to palmadita for going out and taking pics for us. 
See ya 'round
Jim

Posted: Sun Sep 11th, 2016 03:37 pm
  PM Quote Reply
192nd Post
cjdaley

Mana: 
I would also like to thank those who were able to help in a positive way.  I'll be signing off too....  It was nice to meet some of you 'on line' and I look forward to meeting up in person.  We leave to drive south on Thursday.  Adios.  SV Shannon's Spirit

Posted: Sun Sep 11th, 2016 03:48 pm
  PM Quote Reply
193rd Post
Orca John

Mana: 
This was a great forum - very helpful - The typical cruising community. Thnx so much to all that helped me. I'll be in town on 9/16 for a few days so if anyone is still looking for basic info on their boats, let me know.

John
SV Orca
Tayana 42
jrbaals@gmail.com

Posted: Sun Sep 11th, 2016 04:52 pm
  PM Quote Reply
194th Post
joncyn

Mana: 
Just echoing the sentiments above thanks to those who provided all the positive info. This why we are so lucky to belong to the crusing community. I'll be in SC Monday for a few days if I can provide some help let me know.

John
SV Alcyone
Ericson 35 mk III
Svalcyone@gmail.com

Posted: Sun Sep 11th, 2016 05:10 pm
  PM Quote Reply
195th Post
Tappan Zee

Mana: 
One of the things I love about this nomadic life on a boat is that "cruisers help cruisers". When we pull onto a new-to-us place with a week to prepare our boat for storage, we immediately receive help from those already there and provide help to others who pull in after us.  It is an intentional community on the move and I think the cruiser's radio nets and the internet forums help to keep the community functioning well.  Thanks for sharing your stories and allowing me to share mine during this anxious time.  I'm looking forward to seeing you on the water again in the Sea of Cortez this coming season.
AnnieS/V Tappan Zee

Posted: Sun Sep 11th, 2016 07:38 pm
  PM Quote Reply
196th Post
cjdaley

Mana: 
Hi John.  Friends of ours with SV Intrepid in Marina Seca San Carlos are seeking a photo of their boat... hopefully still standing and undamaged.  If you, or anyone else, has an opportunity to grab a photo and post it... the vessel is SV Intrepid and she is 'parked' in the storage yard, Row F - 07...  Thanks everyone for all you've done.
SV Shannon's Spirit.

Current time is 01:43 pm Page:  First Page Previous Page  ...  5  6  7  8  9  10     
San Carlos, Sonora, Mexico Forums > Topical Forums > San Carlos Forum > Newton Top

UltraBB 1.172 Copyright © 2007-2014 Data 1 Systems