San Carlos, Sonora, Mexico Forums Home 
San Carlos, Sonora, Mexico Forums > Topical Forums > San Carlos Forum > MDS - San Carlos blood sample collecting station

San Carlos Mexico Forum
Welcome to our forum. In order to post in our forums you must be registered. Please take a minute to register to enjoy the full benefits of the forum. Registration is FREE and your information is kept private. When registering, please make sure your email address is entered correctly-if incorrect, you will not receive your validation message. Please do not use your email address as your user name for your own privacy and security. Gmail account users should check spam or trash folders for our validation message after initial registration. We also suggest you add host@sancarlosmexico.com to your white list.

This message board requires you to register in order to post new topics, reply to topics started by other users, start polls, or vote on polls. As a registered user, you can edit your own posts, upload photos and view our photo gallery, and send private messages to other members of the board. Registered users can keep track of the topics they are interested in, and receive e-mail notifications when someone posts to one of those topics. Registered users can choose a theme and setup a profile, to include hometown, email & web address and avatar if desired.
We do ask that you post in the appropriate forum-look over the subjects and topics of all forums including the mercado section before making your first post. Posts in the wrong forum or not related to San Carlos may be moved or deleted without notice.
Please take a moment and register to enjoy all the benefits of the forum.
Bienvenidos!

Moderated by: bartmanaz Page:  First Page Previous Page  1  2   
New Topic Printer Friendly
MDS - San Carlos blood sample collecting station  Rate Topic 
AuthorPost
 Posted: Sat May 28th, 2016 03:52 pm

21st Post
lauxerz

Mana: 
In regards to pelona's comment..
We have traditionally had a Mammography special for the Month of October as a way of accentuating Breast Cancer Awareness. The first two years (2012 & 2013) the specific promotion was marketed as mammograms 2x1 (two patients for the price of 1) pushing the use of a "buddy system", hoping to attract women who had been discouraged to go by themselves to go with a friend and split the cost. From 2014 on, we continued to use the 2x1 flyers and promotional material but no longer required you bring a friend (meaning those who came on their own would receive a 50% discount). Unfortunately this did cause some confusion as some patients that had scheduled their mammograms received the 50% discounted price ($600 pesos) and expected to have the 2x1 on top of that.
This year we will no longer promote 2x1 mammograms in October as it has created some confusion, rather I've opted to put together discount packages which will be equal or better than the 2x1 deal. 
Pelona: I respect your rightful choice to go elsewhere for your medical needs. But I do feel severely appalled by your accusation that MDS or myself intentionally scammed women, thus inflicting hardship. More so when we have granted uncountable NO COST mammograms to the underprivileged in both our community and our neighboring communities of Guaymas and Emplame. 
I would like to give the most sincere words of gratitude to those of you in the community who have supported us throughout. 
Michael K. Laux MD

Posted: Sat May 28th, 2016 04:38 pm

22nd Post
pelona

Mana: 
and we were appalled that there was so much confusion and attitude at the front desk. no explanations were given and 3 of the ladies were in bad shape. it is what it is. you have a wonderful reputation and i respect the work you do etc. but it was,at that moment in time,a devastating experience.no getting around it. especially when we asked to speak to you in person,via email text and those requests were denied. so we move on...and learn. salud!

Posted: Sat May 28th, 2016 06:18 pm

23rd Post
ballenamar

Mana: 
I've deleted this post because I refuse to feed the demons who, among the really great people, slither within this and other forums. 

Last edited on Sun May 29th, 2016 06:12 pm by ballenamar

Posted: Sun May 29th, 2016 04:16 pm

24th Post
10-99

Mana: 
Reference Post # 23....More power and best wishes on his/her opinions! They make the world work, albeit not always smoothly. For what it is worth, here is another opinion, not necessarily fact...
"Internet forums attract people who thoroughly enjoy venting the bitterness and anger of their real lives on those they come across in virtuality. They exist everywhere, but Bart's excellent moderation means they do not get the opporunity here for very long." I'm of the opinion that this thread may have, hopefully, run its' course!

Posted: Sun May 29th, 2016 04:58 pm

25th Post
pelona

Mana: 
'knowledge is power'

Posted: Sun May 29th, 2016 05:35 pm

26th Post
johnmoore

Mana: 
What you are trying to sell as "knowledge" is nothing more than your opinion, and take on one event.

Posted: Mon May 30th, 2016 03:29 am

27th Post
MaryS

Mana: 
Speaking from personal experience, the mammogram I had at MDS revealed that I had breast cancer. I'll be forever grateful to Dr. Laux, the Radiologist he brought in for the ultrasound and biopsy, and his staff, for the swift and professional way they handled the whole experience, and the caring way they treated me. Subsequent visits for other things always exceeded my expectations. I feel that Dr. Laux and MDS is one of the reasons our little pueblo is as wonderful as it is. I'd like to thank them publicly.
Mary Sprague

Posted: Mon May 30th, 2016 03:48 am

28th Post
long time resident

Mana: 
And I agree. We all have opinions on what is, but our personal experiences are fact. Dr Laux was there for me when my father was dying. He was really there for my father, but helped everyone involved, during such a difficult time. There are no words for what he provides for families in need.

Posted: Mon May 30th, 2016 04:00 am

29th Post
MaryS

Mana: 
Amen, LTR.

Posted: Mon May 30th, 2016 04:56 am

30th Post
ballenamar

Mana: 
I don't think any post in this thread questioned Dr. Laux's medical skills. The concerns were directed toward the administrative/promotional side of his operation. That was my only purpose in starting this thread as per post #1. 

Post #24 said "I'm of the opinion that this thread may have, hopefully, run its' course!". 
I totally agree.

Last edited on Mon May 30th, 2016 05:00 am by ballenamar

Posted: Mon May 30th, 2016 05:22 am

31st Post
nice guy

Mana: 
Wow, is this a tempest in a "B" cup ??

Does seem a little overblown - Gym is 11 miles away.

:)

Current time is 12:35 pm Page:  First Page Previous Page  1  2     
San Carlos, Sonora, Mexico Forums > Topical Forums > San Carlos Forum > MDS - San Carlos blood sample collecting station Top

UltraBB 1.172 Copyright © 2007-2014 Data 1 Systems