San Carlos, Sonora, Mexico Forums Home 

San Carlos Mexico Forum
Welcome to our forum. In order to post in our forums you must be registered. Please take a minute to register to enjoy the full benefits of the forum. Registration is FREE and your information is kept private. When registering, please make sure your email address is entered correctly-if incorrect, you will not receive your validation message. Please do not use your email address as your user name for your own privacy and security. Gmail account users should check spam or trash folders for our validation message after initial registration. We also suggest you add host@sancarlosmexico.com to your white list.

This message board requires you to register in order to post new topics, reply to topics started by other users, start polls, or vote on polls. As a registered user, you can edit your own posts, upload photos and view our photo gallery, and send private messages to other members of the board. Registered users can keep track of the topics they are interested in, and receive e-mail notifications when someone posts to one of those topics. Registered users can choose a theme and setup a profile, to include hometown, email & web address and avatar if desired.
We do ask that you post in the appropriate forum-look over the subjects and topics of all forums including the mercado section before making your first post. Posts in the wrong forum or not related to San Carlos may be moved or deleted without notice.
Please take a moment and register to enjoy all the benefits of the forum.
Bienvenidos!

Moderated by: bartmanaz
New Topic Reply Printer Friendly
Passport in hermosillo  Rate Topic 
AuthorPost
 Posted: Mon May 16th, 2016 12:56 am
  PM Quote Reply
1st Post
tunaholic

Mana: 
how do I get my us passport renewed in Hermosillo.  It expires in 4 months.

Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

Posted: Mon May 16th, 2016 01:45 am
  PM Quote Reply
2nd Post
bartmanaz
Administrator

Mana: 
See https://mx.usembassy.gov/embassy-consulates/hermosillo/
for info on renewing a passport at the consulate

Bart

Posted: Mon May 16th, 2016 02:19 am
  PM Quote Reply
3rd Post
Kiwi

Mana: 
I think you go to the American embassey .  Might want to call and make an appointment from what I hear.

Posted: Mon May 16th, 2016 02:29 pm
  PM Quote Reply
4th Post
tunaholic

Mana: 
I'm pretty sure I go to the embassy.  Does anyone have more specific information, like how long does it take, cost etc.  More than one trip?

Posted: Mon May 16th, 2016 02:48 pm
  PM Quote Reply
5th Post
Blaker

Mana: 
I took the tufusa bus at 7am to Hermosillo and then cab(10 min 60 pesos) to the consulate office cabbies know where its at . Prior i made appointment 30 days in advance at 10:15 so when i arrived it was very easy down the hall to the right 3 windows for American Citizens gave them my passport and a new picture (make sure you have one )I ask when i will be approved they did it in 15 minutes so i felt relieved knowing that.. i then took papers to a check out counter and paid $110 I would have cash in case credit card or debit doesnt go thru just in case . Then to DHL end of block and they said it will be sent to Guymas in approx 3 weeks .Went to DHl gave them my receipt papers received new 10 yr passport You can drive if familiar with Hermosillo but i wasnt They will also give you email to check dhl when it arrives .....good luck 

Posted: Mon May 16th, 2016 05:18 pm
  PM Quote Reply
6th Post
Timothy B.

Mana: 
When I renewed a few months ago in Nogales, I opted to get both the card (don't know if they are still available) and the passport booklet. It is easier for me to carry the card around than the booklet. Be advised that you can not fly with the card, only the book. I thought for a few bucks more it was worth having both.

Posted: Mon May 16th, 2016 07:12 pm
  PM Quote Reply
7th Post
long time resident

Mana: 
I renewed online, and sent everything in by mail. Took three weeks. Cost was $130 for the passport book and card.

Posted: Tue May 17th, 2016 01:15 am
  PM Quote Reply
8th Post
danelo

Mana: 
You do need to have an appointment. You can get it online. Plus, all the information about the process will also be online.

Posted: Tue May 17th, 2016 01:27 am
  PM Quote Reply
9th Post
danelo

Mana: 
I have posted this before but it is worth knowing. If you go, there most likely will be 50 to 75 people waiting inside, many more outside. Do not worry there is a US citizens service area and there will only be one to two people, at the most, in that area. If I remember correctly the number of appointments available daily is very few, two to four only. I remember when I went I thought I would be there all day but everything was taken care of very quickly.

Posted: Tue May 17th, 2016 03:30 am
  PM Quote Reply
10th Post
tunaholic

Mana: 
Does anyone have the phone number for the consulate, and is an appointment necessary?

Posted: Tue May 17th, 2016 04:01 am
  PM Quote Reply
11th Post
long time resident

Mana: 
yes, you have to have an appointment. Their number is 01-662-289-3500 It was so much easier to do it online, and have it mailed.

Posted: Tue May 17th, 2016 01:43 pm
  PM Quote Reply
12th Post
Hook

Mana: 
They mailed it to you in Mexico?

Posted: Tue May 17th, 2016 01:46 pm
  PM Quote Reply
13th Post
Hook

Mana: 
They mailed it to you in Mexico? One of the private courier services?

I cant imagine the US Consulate would trust the Mexican Postal Service with a bonafide passport.

Posted: Tue May 17th, 2016 03:48 pm
  PM Quote Reply
14th Post
Bullshipper

Mana: 
The last time I got one in San Diego, it was offered same day, if your appointment was early, and if you paid double the normal fee, in cash. I believe 2 weeks is normal.

Fedex, DHL and Estafeta all deliver securely in Mexico, if you want it mailed

Posted: Tue May 17th, 2016 04:00 pm
  PM Quote Reply
15th Post
long time resident

Mana: 
I had them mail it to my stateside address. Was very fast, and I didn't have to pay extra.

Posted: Tue May 17th, 2016 04:51 pm
  PM Quote Reply
16th Post
tunaholic

Mana: 
Thanks to all, got it solved, made the appointment on line by googling us consulate Hermosillo. They do not take appointments over the phone

Posted: Tue May 17th, 2016 05:03 pm
  PM Quote Reply
17th Post
IronMan

Mana: 
A recent post noted that you cannot bring a purse, briefcase, laptop, or other carry-in packages into the embassy, and they had to be left in the car in the parking lot. The car was broken into and everything inside stolen, so the thieves know you are leaving valuables in your car.....

Posted: Tue May 17th, 2016 05:44 pm
  PM Quote Reply
18th Post
Blaker

Mana: 
Hook I went to Hermo did it there USA to DHL in Hermo to Guymas secure picked it up 3 weeks later ..........

Posted: Tue May 17th, 2016 06:04 pm
  PM Quote Reply
19th Post
Timothy B.

Mana: 
I will second Ironmans post.Plan ahead for what to do with your 'stuff'.If you go with someone, they can hold it, but if you go alone you will need to travel with the bare minimum. I entered with only cash, plastic, and passport. I had a paperclip on the cash and had to remove and dispose of it.No phones, keys, change, or anything like that. 

Current time is 09:07 pm  
San Carlos, Sonora, Mexico Forums > Topical Forums > San Carlos Forum > Passport in hermosillo Top

UltraBB 1.172 Copyright © 2007-2014 Data 1 Systems