San Carlos, Sonora, Mexico Forums Home 
San Carlos, Sonora, Mexico Forums > Topical Forums > San Carlos Forum > Stepping away, down, and out. Gone

San Carlos Mexico Forum
Welcome to our forum. In order to post in our forums you must be registered. Please take a minute to register to enjoy the full benefits of the forum. Registration is FREE and your information is kept private. When registering, please make sure your email address is entered correctly-if incorrect, you will not receive your validation message. Please do not use your email address as your user name for your own privacy and security. Gmail account users should check spam or trash folders for our validation message after initial registration. We also suggest you add host@sancarlosmexico.com to your white list.

This message board requires you to register in order to post new topics, reply to topics started by other users, start polls, or vote on polls. As a registered user, you can edit your own posts, upload photos and view our photo gallery, and send private messages to other members of the board. Registered users can keep track of the topics they are interested in, and receive e-mail notifications when someone posts to one of those topics. Registered users can choose a theme and setup a profile, to include hometown, email & web address and avatar if desired.
We do ask that you post in the appropriate forum-look over the subjects and topics of all forums including the mercado section before making your first post. Posts in the wrong forum or not related to San Carlos may be moved or deleted without notice.
Please take a moment and register to enjoy all the benefits of the forum.
Bienvenidos!

Moderated by: bartmanaz Topic closed
AuthorPost
johnmoore

Mana: 
News  flooding our little pueblo, big shake-up at the "other" board.  Stay tuned.

johnmoore

Mana: 
It has come to my attention that Alec is trying to raise enough courage to ask gg to step aside, as he now realizes what a liability he has become.  This is not a rant at anyone, nor speculation.  There are documents that have provided this information.  To many of us here in SC, this is real welcome news.

frankiej

Mana: 
i can verify that i have seen that documentation! these last few days the existing moderator is having an apparent melt down! even his loyal followers are turning on him! he has deleted about 90 % of the posts, regarding his narcissistic behavior!

Last edited on Fri May 13th, 2016 05:57 am by frankiej

Fern

Mana: 
I hope Alecs can do it.  

long time resident

Mana: 
The way I am reading the other board is "if you do not pay, then you can not play" I really thought that these web sites for San Carlos are to be about the community, and the services they have to offer. Also to keep the community informed. Back in the day, there were many that paid for advertising, and when George took over, all of the ads were wiped out. Didn't matter that you had paid Alex, George didn't see the money, and therefore you had to start over, fresh with him.

nice guy

Mana: 
Anybody that participates in Viva is basically enabling George's dictatorial BS. The best thing to do is to stop Alex as he tools around SC on his scooter and tell him directly.

frankiej

Mana: 
nice guy, great advice!!!

odwyerpw

Mana: 
"Huevos Encontrados"
That made me chuckle.
Someone from Scottsdale AZ owns vivasancarlos.mx and someone from Old Bridge NJ owns sancarlosboard.com, if WhoIs can be believed. Perhaps, they'll play nice with Alecs if he's endeavoring to regain control of those registrations as part of the process.
I haven't been to that site in sometime. I understand it's membership only even to browse classifieds?
*modified for spelling/grammar

Last edited on Sat May 14th, 2016 12:35 am by odwyerpw

johnmoore

Mana: 
Over this past year, several in our community here have had some pretty serious health issues that needed some community aid. Go fund me accts. were set up and we were given the opportunity to assist our friends, our neighbors. Now gg has deleted those from Viva, I guess they didn't pay the extortion fees.

frankiej

Mana: 
odw, are you talking about the domain rights??

Jimmy

Mana: 
Idiots over there. G is egomaniacal and Alec (bless his heart) will not lift a finger regarding the business of owning a Board.

odwyerpw

Mana: 
fra (two ?? are better than one ?),

Yes, I am referring to Domain Registrations as reported by WhoIs.com .

Domain Registration information is a bit unreliable, often masked through private registration methods or hosting companies registering in behalf of owners... it's difficult to know who really holds it (paid for it)... the only thing that is certain are the expiration dates and the fact that someone does hold the registation.

Of course the folks holding on to VivaSanCarlos.com (Alec's original Domain), will gladly sell it to you for $2500... (lesson, never let one expire..) Some generous soul could always purchase that in behalf of Alecs if he needed to start all over again.

Steve W.

Mana: 
Does it seem a little strange to be trying to save another site when we have a good site here?

frankiej

Mana: 
steve, personally i have no interest in viva surviving! they have a narcissist for a moderator and an unambitious owner! GG thrives on intimidation, exploitation, extortion to keep things running. i am surprised they have lasted this long! i am PMing people from that site to join this site!

Last edited on Sat May 14th, 2016 12:14 am by frankiej

IronMan

Mana: 
Steve W. - that is the first post in this string that really belongs on this board! Bravo!

Last edited on Sat May 14th, 2016 12:17 am by IronMan

Hook

Mana: 
I dont see a post where someone over here is trying to save the other board.

On the contrary.........

Yes, someone is speculating about the ownership of domains.

I cant see Alecs dumping GG. He'd actually have to WORK at keeping the board going. Alecs and "work" seem like two mutually exclusive terms.

odwyerpw

Mana: 
Hook wrote:
On the contrary.........

Yes, someone is speculating about the ownership of domains.

I cant see Alecs dumping GG.

Thanks PJ,
You got the gist of my posts. I don't see Alecs rescuing Viva either. Way complicated.
That's fine. We have a perfectly good board right here. The drama over yonder only highlights that fact.
Thanks Bart!

frankiej

Mana: 
i did a little research, viva/ alec-gg is sancarlosboard.com and it is owned by sandeep sonhi , question is that "Godaddy"the old domain name vivasancarlos.com is for sale at $595 USD. vivaboard is also owned by someone else, ana olen!

Last edited on Sun May 15th, 2016 12:01 am by frankiej

frankiej

Mana: 
lucy "someone has a lot splaining to do!!!in all seriousness, would someone with real web technical savvy please explain what is going on over there????they claim that every time someone logs on or makes a hit it costs alecs!i am told domain sites are less than $200.usd annually!they use GoDaddy!

Last edited on Sun May 15th, 2016 04:39 am by frankiej

Fern

Mana: 
Oh, Oh .... George is quite annoyed with me for questiioning his decision to not post information regarding Paradise Airlines.  So..... today, I tried responding on his site regarding our Rescate Farmer's Market on the malecon.  I was denied being able to post altho I am a subscriber as well as Rescate and Shots.  Farmer's Market had 7 vendors today - no more citrus (now out of season) but a number of other vendors with veggies, chili rellanos enchiladas, Damon's breads, pies, humus, oysters.  We will be continuing the market until gardens can't produce because of heat.  Just to let you know.  Smiles, Fern

nice guy

Mana: 
So ... $595, huh? I'm willing to put up $50 - only takes 11 more and we can buy the url. I'm tired of George's shit. I've been booted off there 3 times for telling him he's an idiot. Who's collecting the money?

frankiej

Mana: 
the other site you enter is http://www.sancarlosboard.comon whois.com it looks like they have lost that domain and the other 2 vivasancarlos vivaboard also

frankiej

Mana: 
lets be clear here there are  domain name sites , e-mail names, business names!as i understand they have lost 3 domain sites, at least it is not in their names!
they still have email addresses i can't say if vivasancarlos was ever a registered brand name!

Ian948

Mana: 
The URL is registered via godaddy - normal

The registrant is a website company technical contact as below.

This does not mean anything regarding this URL is lost , simply a technical company is supplying services such as registration. Currently valid until July 25th this year.

The old Viva URL was up for sale last year , the owner is a speculator who snatched it up when chance offered based on its number of hits - of course these numbers are dwindling - he was wiling to let it go cheap last year , but not cheap enough.

Now Bart has updated this site the speed and reliability are much improved , and as the content has always been superior TOB no longer a concern.:)

Domain Name: SANCARLOSBOARD.COM 
Registrar URL: [url=http://www.godaddy.comĀ Registrant:]http://www.godaddy.com Registrant:[/url] [url=http://www.godaddy.comĀ ]http://www.godaddy.com [/url]
Registrant Name: Sandeep Sondhi 
Registrant Organization: Website Toolbox, Inc. 

Ian948

Mana: 
Posted a bit quick - the Websitetoolbox company ( registrant ) is the "forum" provider - and yes there "can" be charges on number of pages accessed.
Depends on what level subscription the operator has.
Extract from their site :
    What if I go over my plan limits?
    If you exceed your plan's included page views, additional page views are billed at a rate of $0.20 per 1,000 page views for the Basic and Standard plans and $0.10 per 1,000 page views for the Premium plan.

happy camper

Mana: 
Welcome to this board Fern. Keep sharing here , it will be appreciated by many who got tired already a long time ago of the other board, because of the moderator. I love the farmers Market, because the veggies they sell are organic . Have being there every week so fare . Keep it up !!!

frankiej

Mana: 
i tried to log on to viva, i am banned!

johnmoore

Mana: 
The fact you are banned is usually a result of truth. Truth, and honesty are not compatible with the moderator there. So don't fret Frankie, we know you speak the truth, what did you expect? I just read a post on Viva submitted by Liz, stating that Viva is owned by Alec and gg has stated many times he will step down if anyone is willing to take the moderator job. I'll do it. The truth is gg has bullied his way into the position he holds and would no more walk away from it, if Solomon volunteered to moderate. Alec is the kind of person that people like gg look for, people lacking fortitude, self awareness, and courage. It is a shame, but it is, what it is.

frankiej

Mana: 
i understood clearly the ramifications when i choose to stand my ground against the narcissistic tyrant, extortionist who is the moderator, at ""viva""! my post #23 i explain that there is a difference between domain ownership, e-mail name and business moniker! liz's comment that alecs owns viva, may be partially true! viva what?? "vivasancarlos" domain was lost!i have been a business owner here in sonora for over 14 years, i have an accountant and lawyers at the ready, it is a necessity to do business here or any where! the moderator is constantly bragging of the paid subscribers, even giving totals! proclaiming they are a business for profit venture!!  the "hacienda" expects 16% of each and every donation or ad sales! i doubt serious they would pass an audit!! to my knowledge at least a 1/2 dozen viewers are being censored! that was my position yesterday!  

Last edited on Sun May 15th, 2016 11:35 pm by frankiej

handlebars

Mana: 
I'd see the day I'd pay to have access to a discussion board.

frankiej

Mana: 
i understand my post #29 was copied and posted on viva!! this comes to mind, i hope you all enjoy!!

DO NOT AROUSE THE WRATH OF THE GREAT AND POWERFUL "OZ"!!
DO YOU PRESUME TO CRITICIZE THE GREAT "OZ" YOU UNGRATEFUL CREATURES!!
THE GREAT "OZ" HAS SPOKEN!! 

Last edited on Mon May 16th, 2016 02:19 pm by frankiej

maryt

Mana: 
Nice guy, when you tell people they are idiots, you are not a nice guy.

JZ

Mana: 
That George dude is a fool. He reads this board too and will send you a PM if you mention him.

Hopefully he gets the boot. I'd lol at him.

aloha

Mana: 
gg has mentioned on viva, many times, that hes banned from barts board. so hes here under an alias...

Last edited on Mon May 16th, 2016 03:00 pm by aloha

johnmoore

Mana: 
Aloha, I hope you are correct, sure you are, that gg monitors this site. He has just gone on his periodic rant that viva is so appreciated and he being the glue that holds it all together is subject to people out to get him. He states a few bad apples will not ruin his barrel. There is nothing that can be said about gg that has not been said before. In his minds eye it is always others, not him, he will never accept his failures, and his inability to connect with people, other that in a bullying way. He offers up his moderator job, to anyone that alec would accept. Poor alec would not accept anyone unless they were forced on him by gg, and gg would never give up, what he perceives as this power position. We will probably never know the root of his sickness, but it is so obvious there is one in play. A school yard bully morphs into a SC bully, that kind of situation generally takes care of itself over time.

frankiej

Mana: 
wow!! john that was quite profound!! you and i are not alone with those exact feelings! your bully description is perfect, because of his physical stature he probably never had anyone disagree with him! that has morphed into his personality we see today! GG has many skeleton's in his closet! it was over whelming how many PM's, emails to me directly, phone calls i received, people in town stating similar opinion's! his hunger for control and absolute authority, his complete obsession with viva, have clouded his ability to actually "monitor"!! i am absolutely dumbfounded as to the existing attraction to viva! his rule with an iron fist is absolute and undeniable! yet, even after written and posted disagreement his minions continue to support him! why????????? this site "forum" "san carlos,sonora, mexico", offers everything i am looking for and more!

Last edited on Mon May 16th, 2016 04:36 pm by frankiej

long time resident

Mana: 
Hey guys, now that we all agree, lets move on to a more positive, less negative attitude. If we do not think about him, then he can not affect us. The worse thing that can happen to someone is that no one remembers them or who they are. They become nobody......
Farmers market is great, and would be nice to see more and more people posting on Bart's board. He has always provided a clean and informative board for all of us. And I am looking forward to using the airlines when they start up. Would like to show my support for a really positive and necessary addition to the town. If you can get there easily, then you will go.......

johnmoore

Mana: 
LTR, you are totally correct. The rub lies in the fact he can abase you on his site, but should you respond in kind, you are sensored or banned. Unfortunately Bart's site is the only other place in town you can post and get support or some constructive criticism. Of course that is not fair to Bart or his site. I would encourage all to use this site and avail themselves to a site where folks can differ and remain civil. So as LTR has suggested, I will move on to more positive subjects.

frankiej

Mana: 
sound advice!!

Vince Radice

Mana: 
I have received recently two emails from individuals now about this site, wakeup sancarlos wordpress com, clearly someone who has had enough of the other site.

I don't really see this taking off but it is an interesting thought though.

Last edited on Tue May 17th, 2016 02:58 am by bartmanaz

bombero

Mana: 
Vince and All, this site is the one we need to support and promote. Talk it up around town, can't always say the posters are adults here, but at least you know the Moderator is....lol and with no clinically diagnosed mental issues.

bombero

Mana: 
I just posted this on viva, I am censored and do not know if gg will post it. It seems a bit unfair the way they have chosen to attack John and Frankie, giving neither a way to rebut.

I cannot anticipate the results of this post. Anyone who has been a reader and contributor to Viva knows that John and I have had a long standing friendship, long before SC. I cannot understand why anyone would try and reach John, let alone challenge him to contact someone, when they know he is banned and has no access to this site, and what remains worse, hBahia de Banderasas no way to defend himself, or answer any of his detractors. I enjoy and appreciate the heck out of Viva, were it not for that I would stand in for John, at least verbally, but we all know the result of that. So I won't. Now that you know that John was banned years ago, perhaps you posters will be somewhat less enthusiastic in defaming him. Thanks.

johnmoore

Mana: 
So some of you would not know gg if you were so unfortunate to run into him.  As a public service a photo of gg is being displayed.......sorry...lol

Attached Image (viewed 225 times):

12074945_10207136167456123_8971888344897185227_n.jpg

RichD

Mana: 
An outpouring of love and support from the usual sycophants over at VSC. Alex is scared to death of GG. Don't hold your breath about anything changing over there.

JZ

Mana: 
I'm going to email Alecs and tell him what a mockery George has made of his board. I use to do some biz with Alecs, but wouldn't touch that board now.

Last edited on Tue May 17th, 2016 05:27 pm by JZ

nice guy

Mana: 
You all seem to be missing the relationship between Alex and George. It's money. Before George came along and rescued Alex from his poverty, Alex had to support his widowed old mother (since passed) on handouts - because Alex was too lazy to make a living from the board. So, along comes enforcer George and turns on the money tap for Alex, who appreciated all the newfound money - and still didn't have to work. You are not going to get between Alex and his rice bowl, as long as there's rice in that bowl. The only way is to convince subscribers and and businesses paying ads is that there is better value elsewhere, and cut down Alex's income. Personally, I boycott any business paying for ads. If more people did that, and they learn that, the businesses will have to make their own decision. Alex will only pay attention to reduced income, and nothing else. He doesn't give a shit what George does as long as it doesn't affect his income. There's no logic in this - it's just money.

johnmoore

Mana: 
Nice Guy, that is probably the most accurate evaluation of the relationship between gg and alec ever articulated. Alec provides a much needed vehicle for power to gg, and gg provides funding for alec. Maybe a book "the tyrant and the pauper"?

frankiej

Mana: 
posts #'s 37,38,39, we all agreed to move to more positive things!  that said in 5 days there has been over 1,900 hits for this post! it is a topic of interest! i would like to add this as a matter of fact;  1) on the viva ad section it states; "advertising keeps the viva board free for the 2,500 + members".  2) every month members receive a notice for voluntary donations. INTIMIDATION  3) subscribers "Vs" non subscribers, non subscribers are described as "free loaders". INTIMIDATION & EXTORTION 4) what should be public service announcements IE; the new airline service see "paradise" post viva are banned regardless of viewer opinion. EXTORTION  alecs does not and will go out and beat the bushes for advertising!  GG, intimidates and extorts for the money's to keep enabling alecs!  it is a dysfunctional circle!!

Last edited on Tue May 17th, 2016 08:36 pm by frankiej

johnmoore

Mana: 
I was told, gg stated the other day that he visits this site many times a day. He monitors this site so closely that he will reprimand and punish you on viva by virtue of your postings on this site. He did lament that he has been vanquished from posting, A sick individual, running loose in our community.

johnmoore

Mana: 
Cruising through some of my old PM's which now fall under the freedom of information act, thought this one might be of some interest to all.......

From: ZeusDate: 2014-05-04 23:33:21Subject: John, would you post this for me. I am scared of George Kim Jong-Il and see you are not afraid to talk the truth.First, none of this is a personal attack. It is all in response to what has been said and done. George, why would you post a link on this thread to Viva and try to entice Bart's visitors to leave his website and go to another website's forum you moderate (control). This is pretty sorry of you to do that to Bart. He has worked years very diligently to offer a quality website and forum to receive the visitors he gets and you just do this to him. You know all the questions asked here have not been answered by you on the other forum. Maybe they will stay at the website you are promoting and not return to Bart's. Mission accomplished? When somebody on the forum you moderate mentions another forum you quickly get on your soapbox preaching, editing and deleting any mention of another forum. But it is fine for you to do this to Bart and his business that feeds his family? George, you keep telling people they do not have a right to say anything unless they contributed money to this road project. You are wrong. This is not North Korea and you do not have the right to tell anybody what they can talk about just because they contributed or not to this road project. We can talk about anything that affects us, our neighbors and our community whether you like it or not. You can not control everything no matter what positions you try to put yourself in. This is just a maneuver of yours trying to squash voices you do not want to hear and others to read. Do you not realize how much you have hurt any future projects where the community might have collected money for a needed community project. I do not think it will be happening again anytime soon. This project of yours has had an affect on everybody in this community whether they paid monies towards the road or not and we have a right to be mad, upset at your strong arm tactics and lack of transparency and mostly your running from any responsibility once you got the money from the community.Some keep taking up for you even though you got it all your way with the road. You made your pledge for accountability and transparency ensuring you would represent the people in the matter and requesting nobody else get involved as you said it would "muddle the water". You belittled anybody publicly as a moderator that had questions and wanted transparency for this large amount of funds given you. What about the refunds you promised. Oh wait, rumor is most of the money is gone and unable to be refunded as pledged. Don't worry, some people that know road work say the road might last at least partially through the coming monsoon season.Remember all the hell you gave the new board of the animal shelter when they were not as transparent as you demanded. Your lack of transparency, unwillingness to answer any questions and very rude & pompous attacks to the people you labeled as nay sayers are really ironic. This has become everything you complained about to them so publicly and rudely over and over and over again on the forum you control. Maybe these complaints really were as a disgruntled former board member because your actions seem comparible and even worse.Nobody would have given any money had they known you would shortly not know anything about the project, belittle anybody that asked questions and refer all questions to a government representative of Mexico when asked any basic question concerning the project after you collected all the money.

frankiej

Mana: 
over 2000 hits!!!!

lasninas

Mana: 
Wow...this is like reading an online version of the Jerry Springer Show!  Many viewers switched to this board because there was not all the ranting and raving that I am reading in this thread.  The other board tried to contain that so people who don't like the ranting and raving could ask questions/obtain information/get a bit of local news without getting into an online brawl.  If you don't like the other board...stop reading it...stop posting.  If you like this one...read it...post on it.  I find both helpful and will continue to read and support both.  I won't be reading anything else on this thread so if you want to make a negative comment about what I have written I will not see it.  Have a nice night!

aloha

Mana: 
lasninas...calmate por favor. really,you sound like my grade school teacher. we are adults and can manage without your instruction. sheesh....

Hook

Mana: 
Nice guy, I think the key to your proposal is to let the business owners know that you will not be patronizing their establishment until they stop advertising on Viva.

frankiej

Mana: 
post #52, lets compare this site to a radio or television!  if you don't like the song on the radio you can go to another channel, if you don't like a program on the television you can change channels!  there is no need to blame the radio or the television for something you don't like! the radio or television is not forcing you to listen or watch anything! the radio and television do give you other options in the form of different channels!this forum also offers multiple options in posts and ads! if a particular post is not to your liking go to another that is! it is as simple and logical as that!
p.s. people moved to this site to be heard not stifled, through intimidation or extortion or censorship! 

Last edited on Wed May 18th, 2016 03:38 am by frankiej

nice guy

Mana: 
#55 I disagree with you and agree with #52 - I've lived here full-time for 11 years. Take it from me, the kind of posts that several people have made both here and on Viva are seen as one of the main reasons why alex "hired" G. Long before G started funds flowing to alex, G discovered that muscling some of the rampant flame wars that the Viva board originally suffered was appreciated by everyone except the 4-5 flamers. G knows which side his bread is buttered on. The personal and oral gratification he gets for publicly deleting you guys is like a Black Hawk Down scenario. He shots you publicly and then he drags you around the town - and all the sycophants bow and hail to the monster hero who also protects the meek and stupid and lazy. This ain't a john wayne western. You guys need to think before you act. I'm not supporting G and his blatant dictatorial tactics in any way, but these ranting actions merely enable his dis-logic. 

Last edited on Wed May 18th, 2016 03:49 am by nice guy

frankiej

Mana: 
where we go from here? my post #48 i state we all agreed to move on which was voiced on posts #'s 37,38,39! what happened? here is my spin, like the movie "black hawk down", which is an excellent analogy. when you are being dragged through the streets for public humiliation and are flanked, and attacked from all sides. you defend yourself as best you can and you call in reinforcements! the conundrum is the massive hits this thread has received in a 5 day period! something is driving viewers! 
i do not agree with all the post on this thread, i do appreciate that they where allowed to post and not censored. that allows me to decide whether i liked or not!

Last edited on Wed May 18th, 2016 04:29 am by frankiej

Fern

Mana: 
I had no idea what I started when I chastised George for not posting my requests for information on the new Paradise Airline service.  If a forum is suppose to be for the community, then it needs to include important  information for the residents and businesses here.  The new airline will help all of us.  To insist that a business must 'pay' before information is given out regarding their service, is rediculous.  

bombero

Mana: 
Some weeks ago I made the same type of notification to our community letting them know that we would soon be having a new farmacia. It lasted about a minute on viva, and then I received a PM stating that if they wanted publicity for there store they needed to pay for it.

Ian948

Mana: 
To offer an answer to Frankie - we are here.

The more this board is used the better for dissemination of information.

No wheel to re invent , and no nasty attitudes - to deal with , there has been the odd idiot on this board but they don't last long .

I personally see absolutely zero chance of a "community run" board appearing - almost by definition that would be a nightmare for someone . Ergo , use what already works and forget TOB.

:)

bartmanaz
Administrator

Mana: 
And now on to other things.

Bart

UltraBB 1.172 Copyright © 2007-2014 Data 1 Systems